Four

Think About It Twice

"Minnie hyung! Minnie hyung wake up! Wake up!"

 

Mingyu suddenly felt something cold pressed against his eyelids and the blinding rays of sunlight penetrated his irises as soft tiny fingers forcefully opened his eyes. He tries shutting his eyes close but the little fingers seemed to have enough force in them to keep his eyelids open. He lazily moved his hands, untangling his arms from his duvet and gently held the small fingers and pried them away from his tired eyes.

 

"Mingukie, hyung is very tired. Let him sleep some more, okay?" he said with a low, raspy voice.

 

"But hyung, Dyani called five minutesth ago! He sthaid Manthe ith going to visthit usth nexth week!" Minguk, Mingyu's three-year old little brother said, lisp evident in his words.

 

"Kkukie, its still next week, let hyung sleep some more. We've got a lot of days to prepare for Manse's arrival okay?" Mingyu said while patting his brother's head softly.

 

"But Dyani sthaid we sthould go and buy a gift for Manthe today." Minguk said, pouting when his older brother did not move an inch from his laying position.

 

"Kkukie, I'm really really really tired. Wake me up after two hours and I'll go with you to meet with Daehan, okay?" Mingyu said, smiling lazily at Minguk. Through his sleepy eyes, he saw Minguk's pout grow bigger and tears were beginning to form in his innocent eyes. Mingyu felt something in the pit of his stomach and he felt a tug in his heart at the sight of his younger brother in front of him who was about to cry. When he saw a tear threatening to spill out from Minguk's eyes, Mingyu shoot up from the bed like a rocket launched to the sky. He quickly grabbed Minguk and hugged the little fluffball in his arms, embracing him tightly. "Okay, okay. Let's go. I'm coming with you, Kkukie!" he said as he rubbed his brother's back in an attempt to calm him and make him stop crying.

 

After a while, Minguk managed to calm down and Mingyu successfully prevented him from crying. He hated seeing his baby brother cry. It breaks his heart. Minguk is one of his weaknesses. He loved the little angel and dotes on him so much. When Minguk went out of his room to get ready to go out, Mingyu got off his bed and took a quick shower and got dressed in casual attire. He wore a light wash jeans to match his all-black shirt. He was almost done styling his hair when his phone started ringing, indicating an incoming call. He walked to his bedside table and got his phone. He swiped it to answer the call and placed it against his ear.

 

"Hello?" he greeted.

 

"We're on our way to the park. Let's meet there." came Wonwoo's deep voice from the phone's speaker.

 

"Okay hyung. We're about to go out too." he replied, walking to look at himself in the mirror beside his door and when he was satisfied with how he looked, he finally went out of his room. "See you." and he hung up.

 

He went down to the living room and found Minguk sitting at the living room couch holding a carton of mango juice in his hand and the straw popped in his mouth. The little kid jumped off the couch when he saw his brother and ran to his side, clinging onto his leg. "Let'sth go! Let'sth go!" Minguk excitedly chirped, jumping up and down while holding his juice in one of his hands.

 

Mingyu bent down and pecked his brother on the cheek. "Let's go. Wonwoo hyung called a minute ago and he said they're already heading out. Let's hurry." he said as he stood up and held Minguk's small hand. "We'll go now Mom." he said and their mother kissed them both on their cheeks and waved them goodbye as they went out of their house. Halfway through their journey to the nearby park, Minguk got tired and so Mingyu had to carry him on his back for the rest of their walk. When they arrived at the park, he quickly spotted a raven-haired male sitting on one of the benches. He immediately approached the said male and sat beside him after letting his brother get down from his back. "Hyung." he called.

 

"I swear I'll beat Seungcheol hyung up when he arrives here next week." Wonwoo groaned, his half-lidded eyes glaring into space. "I only had four hours of sleep. Four hours! Can you believe that?! Mina and I were talking through the phone 'til three in the morning and Daehan just had to wake me up at seven." he said, irritation painted clearly on his pale face.

 

"I know how you feel hyung. I couldn't really sleep last night and when I was finally drifting off to sleep, Minguk just had to force my eyes open." he said, slumping down the bench. "I'm going to let Seungcheol hyung buy me a year's worth of food when he arrives." he added angrily. "Why are they suddenly visiting though?" he asked. Seungcheol and his wife, Nayeon, are currently living in Singapore and they often visit their friends in Korea during Christmas, together with their son, Manse, but they were still months away from December so Mingyu was clueless as to why they're suddenly paying them a visit. 

 

"Noona's resort will be opening next week and she invited all of us to go and celebrate the grand opening." Wonwoo replied, keeping his gaze on the two little kids who were happily playing tag in the playground of the park.

 

Mingyu shifter his gaze from the kids to his best friend beside him. "Seulgi noona's resort is finally opening?" he asked with wide eyes.

 

"Yes and she told me to bring all of our friends along for an overnight stay." he nonchalantly stated. "Free of charge of course. he added.

 

Mingyu's eyes widen once more as the information sank in. They'll be going to Jeju next weekend for a short overnight vacation. He felt so excited he couldn't control him self and hugged his best friend. "Noona is really awesome!" he said.

 

"Wonnie hyung, Minnie hyung, Minguk isth in trouble." the two males suddenly turned at the voice which belongs to Daehan. They saw him pointing at a certain someone standing a few feet away from where Daehan is standing. "Minguk sthpilled histh juicthe on pretty noona'sth sthirt!" he reported.

 

Mingyu's eyes turned to look at his brother who was crying in front of a girl who was staring back at him. His eyes widen and he felt his eyeballs threatening to pop out in shock when he recognized who the girl was. He couldn't move and he suddenly felt like he was paralyzed. He was so shocked to see her in the park but he was also confused as to why she was looking at him the same way he's looking at her. 

 

"I know you love me Mingyu but I think you have to let me go now. Go and help your brother."

 

Mingyu snapped out of his daze when he heard a deep voice resonate near his ear. He suddenly realized he was still clinging like a koala to his best friend and to make it worse, his crush was looking straight at him. "Oh my god." he gasped. He quickly let go of Wonwoo and shoot up from his seat, face flushed as he walked towards his brother. Halfway through, he tripped on a small rock and stumbled but luckily he was an athlete and his reflexes were great so he was able to balance himself and avoid falling to the ground. When he got to where his brother was, he  kept his head low and crouched down to meet his brother's eyes. "What happened Minguk?" he quietly asked, trying his best to avoid the girl standing close by.

 

"Dyani and I were playing tag and I wasth running stho fasth becausthe Dyani wasth chasthing after me and I didn't sthee noona walking by stho I bumped into her and sthpilled my mango juicthe on her sthirt." Minguk managed to explain in between sobs.

 

Mingyu nodded and patted his brother's head to make him stop crying. When Minguk finally calmed down, Mingyu finally stood up. He breathed in and looked at the beautiful girl standing in front of him. "I'm sorry. My brother was not being careful. I'm really sorry." he apologized, his heart was beating faster than usual.

 

A minute of silence passed before Mingyu saw a small smile dance on the pretty girl's lips. "It's okay, Mingyu. It's not his fault. I wasn't looking to where I was heading so it's also my fault." she said.

 

"I'm really sorry." Mingyu apologized again because it was the only thing he could do because his wildly beating heart was preventing him to say something else. But knew that an apology was not enough so he thought of ways on how to make it up to her and the idea of buying her a new shirt in exchange for the ruined one popped out in his mind. "How about we buy you a new shirt? Wonwoo hyung and I are about to go to the mall anyway." he offered.

 

The girl's eye widen in shock. "Oh no. No. You don't have to. It's really okay." she said, then she suddenly looked down and shyly fiddled with her fingers. "Besides, I don't want to disturb your date." she added.

 

Mingyu's eyebrows furrowed at the statement. "Date?" he asked, confused. "What date?"

 

"You're on a date with him right?" she quietly asked as she glanced at Wonwoo who was carrying Mingyu on his back and chasing Daehan around.

 

Mingyu frowned harder. "I am on a date with him?" he dumbly asked, repeating the words she said while pointing at Wonwoo. "Why would I go on a date with him?" he asked, confusion evident in his low voice.

 

"He's your boyfriend, right?" she curiously asked.

 

Silence enveloped them as the two kept standing still, gazes fixed on each other's eyes. One was anxious and the other shocked. A few minutes passed and the silence was replaced by an enormous laughter coming from the tall male.

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Mingyu held his stomach which was beginning to hurt from laughing too much. His jaw was threatening to fall off and his mouth was beginning to get tired from letting out his boisterous laughter. "My boyfriend. He is my boyfriend. HAHAHAHA!" Mingyu kept laughing while pointing at Wonwoo who was oblivious to the situation.

 

"Why are you laughing?" the girl asked, still anxious but mostly confused at the actions of the male in front of her.

 

Mingyu managed to calm himself after releasing a few more strings of laughter. "You just told the funniest joke ever." he said, wiping the tears from his eyes.

 

"I'm not joking though." the girl replied seriously, looking at Mingyu in the eyes.

 

Mingyu suddenly stood straight and stopped laughing. "You seriously think we're having a date right now and that Wonwoo hyung and I are in a relationship?" he asked, shocked.

 

"Well, you were smiling widely while hugging him tightly earlier." she answered.

 

Mingyu mentally smacked himself. How could he forget the scene she saw earlier? He figured he really had to seriously explain things before the misunderstadings grow bigger. "Well first of all, Wonwoo hyung and I are not dating. Second. he's not my boyfriend. Third, he's in fact my best friend." he explained.

 

The girl's brows furrowed and her pretty face showed a puzzled expression. "But yesterday, your friend said your boyfriend asked her to buy you sandwich." she said softly.

 

Mingyu titled his head to the side, trying to remember what happened yesterday. He snapped his head and turned to her. "You mean when Mina gave me the sandwich Wonwoo hyung told her to buy?" he asked.

 

"Yes. She said she bought an extra because your boyfriend said one sandwich won't be enough." she added.

 

Mingyu couldn't help but smile at her. "Mina was just teasing me. She always does. She likes referring to Wonwoo hyung as my boyfriend when in fact, Wonwoo hyung is her boyfriend." he clarified.

 

The pretty girl's lips formed into an o-shape when she finally understood everything. Suddenly, her face started to heat up and a tint of pink was starting to paint her flawless cheeks. She quickly avoided Mingyu's gaze as she realized how stupid she was for thinking he was gay. "I... I am so sorry." she said shyly.

 

"Its okay." Mingyu chuckled. The girl smiled and his heart jumped at the beautiful sight. He suddenly remembered that until now, he still does not know her name and right now seemed a perfect time to ask her. "By the way, what is your na---"

 

"Hey babe, if you're done cheating on me there, maybe we can go and eat because our babies here are already hungry." Mingyu was interrupted by a deep voice calling from behind. He closed his eyes in irritation and after a moment of trying to calm himself down, he turned his head and shot a death glare to his hyung who was carrying both Daehan and Minguk in his arms.

 

Ugh! Why do they always do this to me? They interrupt me every single time I'm going to ask this pretty girl's name! Mingyu's thoughts were pulled back to reality when he heard a melodious laugh. He turned to the girl and found her giggling. "Your friends really like teasing you." she said.

 

Mingyu's anger was soon replaced by giddiness. "Yeah they do. I don't even know why I'm friends with idiots like Wonwoo hyung and Jun hyung." he joked and it made the pretty girl chuckle.

 

"Still not done flirting?" Wonwoo said as he walked towards the two, still carrying the little kids in his arms. "Hi there miss gorgeous." he greeted, flashing his charming smile. "I've nothing against you flirting with my lover right here but our babies are really hungry so if you want to continnue flirting, might as well come with us to the mall. I think we're also responsible for that yellow stain on your clothes so let us repay you by buying you a new one, yeah?" he said.

 

The pretty girl was about to decline the offer but the little kids suddenly chirped in. "Noona come with usth!" Daehan said.

 

"Yesth noona. Come with usth to the mall!" Minguk added excitedly while clapping his little hands.

 

"Well I guess you're coming with us cause nobody says no to our babies." Wonwoo smiled and he walked off with the little ones, leaving the two behind.

 

Mingyu smiled at the girl. "So, let's go?" he asked and the girl smiled and nodded in agreement and they both followed Wonwoo to the mall.

 

- - - - - - -

 

"Mingukie, Daehanie, wait for the food quietly and sit properly." Mingyu repremanded the two little kids, one sitting beside him and the other sitting across him. They were playing some weird games over the table in between them and laughing really loud.

 

"They are so cute." The tansfer student commented, smiling at the two kids.

 

"They are. But they are noisy too." he replied.

 

"Hyung, do you like noona?" Mingyu's eyes widen at the sudden question of his brother.

 

He gaped at the kid, looking at the girl sitting in front of him beside Daehan. Then he turned back to his brother, "No!" he exclaimed, flustered.

 

"Stho you don't like noona?" Daehan asked this time, eyebrows raised.

 

"Wait what? No!" he said, panicking as his face grew redder.

 

"Stho you like her?" Minguk asked again, curiously looking at his brother.

 

"Yes!" Mingyu spat but he quickly realized what he just said. "I mean no!" he quickly added, panicking more.

 

"Stho you don't like----"

 

"Stop! Just stop it you two!" he quickly cut Daehan out before he could ask the horrifying question again. "Noona and I are just classmates okay? I..." he hesitated and avoided the girl's eyes and looked directly at Minguk. "I like her as a classmate, that's it. Stop asking and be quiet." he said. "Here play with this and behave." he handed Minguk his phone that was set into a simple game where bubbles would appear in the screen and tapping them would burst them. Minguk quickly grabbed the phone and placed it on the table and he started tapping the screen. Daehan joined in not long after and Mingyu released a sigh of relief. "They're really noisy." he said, scratching the back of his neck.

 

"But cute." the girl replied, smiling widely.

 

"Yes they are." the tall male agreed.

 

"Just like their brothers." she said.

 

Mingyu gaped at her with wide eyes and his face started to heat up once again. Before he could say something in reply, Wonwoo placed the tray with their food on the table and sat in the corner of the table in between Daehan and Minguk, facing all of them. "Let's eat!" he announced and he started giving out their food consisting of pasta and garlic bread. He placed a plate of carbonara in front of Minguk and a plate of fettucine on Daehan's. He gave out a plate of Penne Rigate with garlic bread and chicken to Mingyu and a plate of Lasagna to the girl. He was left with a plate of Macaroni and cheese in front of him. "Dig in!"

 

All of them started to eat and they all became quiet. Mingyu, while chewing his food, kept on thinking about asking the girl her name. It was really getting awkward how he still doesn't know her name and whenever he tries to call her, he doens't know what to call her. So after munching and swallowing down the food in his mouth, he cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak, "Hey." he called. The girl lifted her head and stared at Mingyu with a raised eyebrow. "I just want to ask you, what's your na---"

 

"Hey pretty lady, I realized I haven't really introduced myself yet, have I?" Wonwoo suddenly spoke and it got the girl's attention. She turned to look at Wonwoo, Mingyu was long forgotten. "I'm Jeon Wonwoo, Mingyu's best friend. What's your name?" he asked. While it's true Mingyu mentioned that the girl was her classmate, he never really introduced them properly.

 

Mingyu's eyes furrowed and he felt his blood boil in irritation. I'm the one who should be asking her that! UGH! I can't believe Wonwoo hyung stole the one question I've been meaning to ask her! I shouldv'e been the one asking for her name! He ranted in his mind. He shot Wonwoo a death glare, hoping to burn a whole through the older one's head for stealing the golden question from him. But he was brought back from mental battle against Wonwoo's head when a beautiful sweet voice echoed in his ears.

 

"Zhou Tzuyu."

 

Beautiful. Her name is beautiful. Hearing it directly from her pink lips make her name more beautiful. Tzuyu. So that's her name. The name I've been longing to hear for the longest time. The name that would never leave my mind from now on. The name I'll never ever forget. Mingyu felt his heart flutter at the sound of her name. It was stunning. It was regretful though, that he wasn't the one who asked her what's her name. It would've sounded much better if he was the one who asked, he thought.

 

Throughout their lunch and their whole trip to the mall, Mingyu kept quiet, sulking at the fact that Wonwoo just stole his golden question. They strolled in the mall and went inside the different toy stores to look for a gift for the little kids' friend. After almost an hour of searching, they finally bought the perfect gift for Manse, which was a set of Robocar Poli toy cars. Then they went to find a nice shirt for Tzuyu in replacement for her stained one. After getting the toy wrapped in a gift wrapper and buying a new shirt for Tzuyu, all of them decided it was time to go home. They went into separate ways. Wonwoo went to meet up with his girlfriend with Daehan and Mingyu was left with his sleeping brother, who he was carrying on his back, and the girl who he now knows as Tzuyu. They agreed that Mingyu would walk Tzuyu home because she lives just two blocks away from Mingyu's house. They walked in silence as Mingyu still was salty as hell at Wonwoo. He wanted to talk to Tzuyu, to get to know her, to ask her lots of questions but he couldn't. His heart felt heavy and sadness and regret were overpowering his eagerness to get to know the beautiful lady walking beside him so instead of talking to her, he kept his silence and focused on walking her home.

 

Tzuyu noticed Mingyu's silence but she was not very sure as to why he was being like that. After a few minutes of walking silently, they finally arrived at the gates of Tzuyu's house. The beautiful girl turned and face the tall boy and smiled. "Thank you for walking me home. I really had fun today." she said.

 

Mingyu lifted his gaze from the ground and forced a smile. "No problem. I'm going now." he said quietly but before he could turn away, he felt a hand grabbing his wrist, the one which was not holding Minguk on his back. His eyes widen at the sudden contact and blood rushed quickly to his face, painting it a shade of red. He stood there, staring at the girl who was holding his wrist, heart pounding like a drum being pounded.

 

Tzuyu held him in place. "Well, I realized I haven't introduced myself properly to you yet." she started, letting go of Mingyu's wrist. "So I'd like to do it now." she added, smiling widely. "Hi. My name is Zhou Tzuyu. I hope we can be friends." she said sweetly, holding out her hand to the boy in front of her, staring at her with wide eyes.

 

Mingyu felt like millions of butterflies were flying crazily in his stomach. He was too stunned at the moment that all he could do was stare at the beautiful girl in front of him. If not for the sweet giggling of the girl, which brought him back to reality, he would've continued to stare and gape at her forever.

 

"Aren't you going to shake my hand?" the girl asked as little fits of giggle escaped her lips.

 

Mingyu shook his head to calm himself down. He cleared his throat and raised his free hand and shook Tzuyu's hand. Oh how soft her hand is! "Hi I'm Kim Mingyu. Nice to finally know your name, Tzuyu." he said.

 

They shook hands while smiling at each other. Neither wanted to let go of the other's hand. But Tzuyu's mother called from the inside of their house and soon she had to go inside. They bid each other goodbye and as soon as Tzuyu went inside their house, Mingyu turned around and started walking home, now with a big smile on his face.

 

This day isn't so bad after all.

 

 

 

-------

[A/N]: Wow! That was a long chapter! Hi guys! I always try to update as fast and as soon as I can but I always fail, so for being a very slow writer, I apologize. Anyway, I was thinking if I should label this as RATED M because I throw in random curse words here and there and Wonwoo and Mina's scenes are always them making out so I figured maybe the minor readers, if I have any, might feel a little bit uncomfortable reading this. But I won't put very ual things here, for sure. That's all and I would really appreciate it if you would let me know your thoughts on the story so far. Thanks for the upvotes and comments and forgive my typos and grammatical errors because I am too lazy to edit and look over this. See you soon, hopefully.