Six

Think About It Twice

 

"Bye mom. We'll be back on Sunday afternoon." Mingyu kissed his mother's cheek and hugged her.

 

"Take care, son. Take good care of Mingukkie too, okay?" she said and started peppering her sons with kisses.

 

"Mom, mom, stop!" Mingyu complained as he stepped back to avoid any more kisses from his overly affectionate mother.

 

"Okay. You two should go now. I'm sure everyone's waiting for you." she smiled as she hugged both of her sons again and waved them goodbye. "Take care of yourselves, boys."

 

Mingyu took Minguk's tiny hand in his and began walking out to their lawn with one hand pulling along their luggage. "Bye mom. Take care. We'll be back soon!" He said as he and his brother stepped outside the gate.

 

It was Friday afternoon and all of them have already gone home from school. They've decided to meet and gather at Mina and Sana's place that night and sleep over so it would be easier for them to go to Jeju together the next day. Mingyu and Minguk met Wonwoo and his brother, Daehan, on the way to the apartment. The two little kids squealed in delight as they hugged each other tightly and the two older boys smiled fondly at their brothers who were also best of friends like them. The four of them arrived at the apartment at around six in the evening. They were greeted by their friends who were busily packing and arranging stuff here and there. Wonwoo and Mingyu placed their luggage at the corner of the living room where some of the luggages were already placed.

 

"Finally you two are here." Sana said, acknowledging their presence. She then noticed the two boys playing with toy cars in their hands. "Aww, my cute little babies are here too!" she squealed as she knelt down and placed gentle kisses on each of the boys' cheeks.

 

"Hello, Sthana noona." Daehan greeted and kissed her back on her cheek.

 

"Sthana noona I missthed you!" Minguk added cutely while pouting.

 

Sana felt her heart melt and she quickly hugged the two boys tightly. "Gosh you two are so cute for my life." she said.

 

"Oh, the little boogers are here!" Soonyoung announced when he and Seokmin passed by. They stopped on their tracks and ruffled Minguk and Daehan's hair. "How are you little boogers? Are you excited to see Manse booger again?" he asked.

 

"Yesth! We can't wait to sthee Mansthe!" Minguk cheerfully answered.

 

"We're picking them up at the airport in about an hour, do you boys want to come?" Seokmin asked.

 

"Yesth! Yesth!" Daehan said, jumping excitedly. 

 

Minguk pulled Mingyu down and the older knelt beside his brother. "Look at thisth Stheokmin hyung! Thisth isth our gift to Mansthe!" Minguk said, just as excited as Daehan. He rummaged through Mingyu's backpack that was hanging on his shoulder and took out a medium-sized box wrapped beautifully with a red ribbon on top.

 

Seokmin took the box and inspected it. "What's inside?" he asked.

 

"Robocar Poli, Amber, Roy and Heli! We bought the complete sthet!"  Daehan answered.

 

Seokmin smiled. "Wow, Manse would be very happy when you give this to him." he said and patted both Daehan and Minguk's heads.

 

"And I would be very happy if you guys would actually help us pack the needed stuff and get ready for tomorrow's trip." Jihoon cut in and glared at the guys. He suddenly walked towards the little ones and flashed them the biggest smile ever. "Hey dorks. What's up?" he said sweetly as he hugged both kids.

 

Soonyoung rolled his eyes at the shorter male and Seokmin huffed in disbelief. It was really unbelievable how Jihoon could changed in such a short time. One second he was glaring at them and the next he's all smiles with the little kids. "Such a two-faced jerk." Soonyoung muttered bitterly. "Ow!" he complained and quickly ran away when Jihoon kicked his . Seokmin and the others immediately followed leaving the kids in Jihoon's arms.

 

"Do you boys want some snacks? Biscuits?" he asked and the two kids excitedly nodded. Jihoon brought them to the kitchen where Jun and Mingyu were busily cooking dinner. Jun was cooking while Mingyu was chopping onions. Jihoon picked up the jar of biscuits from the kitchen counter and opened it, handing each of the kids a piece. "Here you go, dorks."

 

"Thank you Jihoon-hyung. You are the besth!" Minguk said and munched down his biscuit. "Yum!"

 

After they finished packing everything they need for their outing, all of them, except Mingyu and Jun who were still busy cooking, decided to just rest while waiting for the food to be cooked.

 

BEEP! BEEP!

 

They heard a sound of a car honking outside. "Jisoo and Jeonghan-hyung are finally here!" Seungkwan announced and he lazily got up and opened the door. "Hi hyung!" he greeted as he opened the door.

 

Jeonghan smiled as he hugged Seungkwan. "Kwannie-yah! I missed you!" he said.

 

Seungkwan laughed. "Hyung, we saw each other the other day." he said as he slightly pushed Jeonghan off of him. The older just smiled cheekily at him and then proceeded to go inside. "Jisoo-hyung!" he greeted as Jisoo approached him.

 

"Hi Seungkwan. Is everybody here already?" Jisoo asked while taking off his shoes.

 

Seungkwan shook his head. "We were waiting for you guys to arrive before we fetch Seungcheol-hyung, Nayeon-noona and Manse from the airport."

 

Jisoo just nodded and then went in and followed Jeonghan. Wonwoo, Seokmin, Mingyu and Jihoon, along with the kids, began getting ready to go to the airport after greeting Jeonghan and Jisoo.

 

Before heading out, Wonwoo gave Mina a lasting kiss on the cheek. "Don't miss me too much, babe." he said.

 

"I won't." Mina asnwered back and kissed her boyfriend back on his cheek. "But come back safely as soon as possible." she said, smiling widely.

 

Wonwoo frowned. "Don't smile at me like that. It makes me not want to go." he pouted. Mina just laughed and pushed her lover out of her apartment. Jihoon, Seokmin, Mingyu and the kids were already inside Jisoo's car and were waiting for their driver to go in.

 

Wonwoo quickly made his way to the driver's seat and got in. "Dyannie, Kkukuk, seatbelts!" he reminded.

 

"Yesth hyung!" the kids both answered. "Chulbal!" they cheered and Wonwoo stepped on the gas and started driving. They arrived at the airport after a 30-minute drive. A few minutes of waiting and they finally saw Seungcheol, Nayeon and their son, Manse.

 

"MANSTHE!" Daehan and Minguk happily called as they saw their best friend walk out of the airport exit. Manse turned to them and began running towards his friends.

 

"MINGUKKIE! DAEHANNIE!" he called back and hugged his friends tightly. Seungcheol and Nayeon smiled at the heartwarming sight before them.

 

"Welcome home, hyung and noona." Seokmin greeted as he hugged both of them and then he proceeded to get the baggage from Seungcheol.

 

"Its been a long time." Wonwoo said.

 

"Yes it is. I miss all of you." Nayeon nodded and proceeded to hug each one of them. "I especially missed these two little cutiepatooties." she crouched down and hugged Daehan and Minguk.

 

"We missthed you too, Nayeon-eomma!" Daehan and Minguk chorused.

 

Mingyu went beside Seungcheol and nudged him. "How's life in Singapore, hyung?" he asked.

 

Seungcheol shrugged. "Fine I guess. It's really great there but really,  I'm happy as long as I'm with Nayeon and Manse," he replied.

 

"Before any drama happens here, we should get going." Jihoon interrupted. "Let's get going so you guys can rest."

 

"Yes grandpa." Wonwoo replied, earning a kick in the from Jihoon. They all went inside the van. Wonwoo's back at the driver's seat with Seungcheol beside him. Nayeon and the kids were seated in the middle seat while Jihoon, Mingyu and Seokmin sat at the very last row. The ride back was full of catching up. Nayeon ended up telling them stories of Manse and his several girlfriends in his day care center. She told them that the boy would get different girls everyday without even trying. 

 

"Manse's taken after me." Wonwoo cockily announces, earning raised eyebrows from his friends.

 

Seungcheol punched him gently on his shoulder, "No, please. Don't say that. I don't want my son to take after you." he protested.

 

Wonwoo chuckled. "Why not? I'm a good man, oh wait, scratch that. I'm a very handsome good man. I don't see why you don't want your son to take after me, hyung." he retorted.

 

Nayeon giggled, "Well I wouldn't mind Manse taking after you. I've seen how you've been taking care of Mina and how you love her. But maybe I'll let my son take that quality of yours but that's that. No more, no less." she said.

 

"See, hyung? I'm not that bad." Wonwoo bragged at Seungcheol who just gave him a huff. He turned to look at Nayeon at the back and smiled, "Thanks noona, you really love me." 

 

"Of course. Just take care of Mina and don't ever hurt her or I'll be the first one to punch you." Nayeon threatened jokingly. 

 

"No. I'll be the first to punch myself if ever I hurt my lovely Mina." Wonwoo said seriously.

 

Nayeon smiled. "And this is why I have faith in you." she patted Wonwoo's shoulder and then turned to the kids beside her. They were happily playing with each other. "Are my baby boys hungry?" she asked.

 

The three kids all raised one hand. "Yesth!" all three answered. Nayeon laughed and got some cookies in her bag and gave each kid a piece.

 

"We want some too!" Mingyu chirped in with a pleading puppy dog eyes.

 

Seokmin mimicked him and nodded. Nayeon shook her head but still gave the two one apiece. Mingyu and Seokmin looked like kids as they happily munched their cookies. After a 30-minute ride back home, they have finally reached the apartment. Wonwoo parked the van in front of the gates and one by one, they alight the vehicle nad went inside.

 

"Welcome home!" the people in apartment greeted as Seungcheol, Nayeon and Manse went in.

 

Dahyun quickly ran to Seungcheol to give him a hug. She was about to hug Seungcheol when Hansol bumped into her. "Hyung! Its so nice to see you again!" he said. He was about to hug Seungcheol but Dahyun pushed him aside.

 

"Oppa! I miss you!" she said but before she could even lay a finger on her beloved oppa, Hansol pushed her aside, again.

 

Dahyun glared at him. "Yah! Why did you push me?" she angrily asked.

 

"You pushed me first." Hansol said, equally as angry. 

 

"You bumped into me first!" Dahyun snapped.

 

Seungcheol just shook his head. He reached out and hugged both of his dongsaengs. "I miss the two of you too, Tom and Jerry." he said, laughing. "You're still the same, huh? Always bickering and arguing with each other." Hansol and Dahyun glared at each other and went on separate ways when Seungcheol broke the hug.

 

Hugs and kisses were exchanged and happy smiles were etched in each of their faces. Nayeon hugged each of her dongsaengs but stopped abruptly when she noticed that Mina was missing. She pulled Sana close, "Where is Mina?" she asked.

 

"Oh, she went out to pick someone up." Sana replied.

 

Nayeon's eyebrows furrowed. Her eyes scanned the whole apartment and she's sure everybody's already there. "Who?" she asked, confused.

 

"We're here." the front door suddenly opened and Mina came walking in.

 

Nayeon's face lit up and she immediately walked up to Mina. "Mina!" she called.

 

Mina turned to her and hugged the older. "Nayeon-unni, I miss you!" she said.

 

Nayeon broke the hug, "Where were you?"

 

"Oh I just picked Tzuyu up." she answered and as if on cue, someone who Nayeon was not very familiar with, came walking in.

 

"Who is she?" Seungcheol asked as he walked towards his wife's side.

 

Mina pulled Tzuyu closer and introduced her to Nayeon and Seungcheol. "Unni, Oppa, this is Tzuyu, our new friend---"

 

"Oh hey Mingyu, the love of your life is here!" Mina was cut off by the sudden comment from her boyfriend. 

 

Mingyu's head suddenly peaked out of the kitchen and his eyes widened at the sight of Tzuyu, he then turned to his best friend and glared at him before quickly chasing him into one of the rooms. The door of the room was shut loudly and after a few moments, they could already hear Wonwoo screaming from the room. "Sorry! Mingyu, I'm sorry! AHHH! Sorry! I won't do it again!"

 

Tzuyu can't help but to smile at what just happened. Mina just shook her head, "So yeah, this is Tzuyu. Tzuyu, this is Nayeon-unni and this is Seungcheol-oppa. They're part of our circle of friends. They just came back from Singapore with their cute little son, Manse." she continued.

 

Tzuyu smiled, "Nice to meet you, Nayeon-unni and Seungcheol-oppa." she said shyly.

 

Nayeon smiled. "Awww! You're so cute and pretty!" she squealed as she hugged Tzuyu. "I have another pretty dongsaeng on my list!" she cheered happily.

 

"Honey, you're squishing our new friend. You don't want her to be squished flat don't you?" Seungcheol commented as he pulled his wife off of Tzuyu. "Sorry about that. My wife tends to get excited easily when she sees pretty girls." he said, smiling apologetically. "By the way, its nice to meet you too, Tzuyu."

 

Tzuyu returned the smile. "Its okay, Seungcheol-oppa." she said and then she turned to Nayeon, "I don't mind it. I actually like it. I'm an only child so having an unni as beautiful as Nayeon-unni is such a great thing."

 

Nayeon smiled widely. "I already love you!" she said as she hugged Tzuyu again.

 

"Dinner's ready!" Jun announced as he brought the food to the living room table. Everybody scrambled to their feet and headed towards the living room. Wonwoo and Mingyu came out of the room and quickly made their way to where the food is.

 

Dinner consisted of mostly Nayeon sharing stories of them and their life in Singapore. There was the usual exchange of kisses between Mina and Wonwoo, tight hugs here and there between Sana and Jun, enormous laughter from Soonyoung, Seokmin and Minghao, unstoppable running and playing of the kids, endless bickering between Dahyun and Hansol, countless scoffs and rolling of the eyes from Jihoon and Seungkwan and the ever so present air of awkwardness between Mingyu and Tzuyu. After eating, all of them started getting ready to sleep. They were heading to Jeju at five in the morning the next day so they all decided to sleep early. The girls and the kids were getting ready to sleep in the rooms and the boys were preparing all the sleeping mats in the living room. All of them were tired but at the same time excited for tomorrow's events. 

 

By nine o'clock in the evening, all the lights were already shut and light snores were already filling the quiet apartment. Everybody was asleep except for one person who can't keep his eyes shut even just for ten seconds. Mingyu tried, for the thirteenth time to shut his eyes and force himself to sleep. One, two, three, he counted in his mind as he kept his eyes closed. Four, five, six, seven, eight, okay I'm doing good. Keep going Mingyu. he told himself, eyes still closed. Nine, ten, eleven, tzuyu. His eyes immediately fluttered open as he stared at the ceiling, frustrated. "God help me. What the hell is wrong with me?" he whispered to himself angrily. Why can't he stop his brain from thinking about her? Stop thinking about her, Mingyu. Stop thinking about her. He repeated it in his mind countless of times but everytime he does, her face, her beautiful smiling face, would pop up clearer than it already did before. "There is really something wrong with me."

 

"Talking to yourself in the middle of the night, while everyone is sleeping is really wrong." Mingyu shoot his head to his side to see Wonwoo. He was facing Mingyu's direction but he had his eyes closed and he kept it closed as he said, "Go to sleep, lover boy. You'll need every ounce of energy you can get from sleep. You can think of her tomorrow, or dream of her tonight. Just sleep and don't disturb my sleep. I was so close to ripping that red lingerie off of her y body and kissing her sensles---"

 

"JUST GO BACK TO SLEEP, HYUNG!" Mingyu hissed, disgusted at his ert of a hyung. 

 

Wonwoo chuckled, eyes still closed. "Okay, okay. Just try to get some sleep, Gyu. You'll need it for tomorrow." he said.

 

Mingyu heaved a sigh. Hyung's right. I really need to get some sleep, he thought to himself. Mingyu closed his eyes and tried to lul himself to sleep.

 

Chup!

 

Mingyu's eyes fluttered open as he felt a pair of lips graze his cheek. He turned to Wonwoo and saw the other smirking, "Good night, babe." Wonwoo said and shuffled in his mat, turning around, his back facing Mingyu.

 

Mingyu felt his cheeks heat up in annoyance, "Hyung!" he complained queitly so as to not wake up the others. "I thought you said I should get some sleep! Why did you do that? Now I can't sleep because I think I'll have nightmares of you kissing me." he hissed.

 

Wonwoo just chuckled silently, "Love you too, Gyu." he muttered and he went back to sleep.

 

Great! Just great! How am I going to sleep, now?  Mingyu glared at his hyung's back. Now he's wide awake, not an ounce of sleepiness was present in his body. He sighed deeply and decided that his effort to sleep was futile so he slowly got up from his sleeping mat and tip-toed his way to the balcony of the apartment. He slowly and silently got out and sat in the corner with his legs pulled up to his chest and his arms hugging them tightly. He brought along his blanket and he wrapped it around his body to protect himself from the cold, midnight breeze. He stared at the view in front of him. It was already dark outside as it was already midnight but the light coming from the moon gave the city the illumination it needed. Street lights that were scattered around the streets also made the alleyways more visible. Mingyu shivered as a wave of cold breeze brushed against his cheeks. He pulled the blanket tighter around his body.

 

"You're not asleep?" 

 

Mingyu almost spat millions of cuss words at the sudden voice coming from behind him. He was beyond shocked and it didn't help that he's a tiny bit of a scaredy cat. He snapped his head towards the voice and his eyes widened at the sight of Tzuyu standing awkwardly at the door of the balcony.

 

Tzuyu stayed still in her spot, staring apologetically at Mingyu. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." she apologized. Mingyu's heart was beating frantically inside his ribcage. He wasn't even sure anymore if its because of the shock he had earlier or if it is because of the beautiful girl standing in front of him. He was entranced by her beauty even in the dark. Tzuyu, getting no response from Mingyu, flashed another apologetic smile, "I better go back inside."

 

"NO!" Mingyu almost shrieked. He quickly covered his mouth in shock. He must've sounded so weird, he thought. He faked a cough while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I-I mean, you can stay here, if you want." he whispered shyly. Tzuyu remained glued to her spot and Mingyu didn't know what to do or what to say. "Well, only if you want to. I'm not forcing you to stay. I mean I have no right to force you. I can go back inside too, if you want to be alone here." he continued to babble and he began to panic as he was still not getting any reaction from Tzuyu. He was about to stand, getting ready to walk out of the balcony, "I should go back in---"

 

"I'd be glad if you would stay here with me." Tzuyu stated, cutting Mingyu's endless babble.

 

Mingyu thanked the heavens for making the night time dark, because he swore if night time is as bright as day time, Tzuyu could see his cheeks that were probably as red as a tomato. He quickly returned to his postion at the corner of the balcony and he felt his cheeks getting hotter by the second as he heard slow footsteps come toward his way. His heart kept beating harder in his chest as he felt someone sat beside him. He couldn't make himself look at the beautiful girl beside him so he kept his gaze straight at the view before him.

 

"Its nice here." Tzuyu broke the silence, she mimicked Mingyu and stared straight ahead, appreciating the beautiful night view before her.

 

Mingyu's lips were trembling but he managed to blurt a short reply. "Yeah, it is." Mingyu's eyes were as confused as his heart. He wanted to look at her, to look at her pretty face, but he was too shy to do so. He kept looking at her and then looking away from her. He was almost certain that he looked like a retard at that very moment. He felt nervous and the cool breeze brushing against his face was not helping at all. He suddenly realized something and he slowly turned to look at her and noticed that she was slightly shivering. She didn't have any blankets with her and she was only wearing a thin shirt and sweat pants. Mingyu thought of giving his blanket to her to protect her from the cold air but hut he was too shy to do so. After the intense battle in his mind, he ultimately decided to just offer her his blanket. He slowly unwrapped the warm blanket around his body and placed it ever so gently around Tuzyu's shoulders. 

 

Tzuyu flinched at the sudden warmth and stared at Mingyu, surprised at his action. "Thank you." she said, smiling, as she held the blanket and wrapped it around her body tighter.

 

"Y-yeah. N-no problem. " he said quielty.

 

"So why are you not sleeping yet?" she inquired curiously, titling her head as she looked at Mingyu.

 

Well I can't sleep because your beautiful face keeps on invading my mind, he wanted to say but he refrained himself from doing so. "I um, I... I don't know." he muttered. "How about you? Why are you still up?" he asked.

 

Tzuyu smiled and Mingyu swore his heart skipped a beat or two. "I guess I'm too excited for tomorrow's trip that my body can't relax and go to sleep." she answered, giggling.

 

Her voice made Mingyu chuckle too. "I'm excited as well. Its been months since we last had a trip." he said.

 

"Where did you go?" Tzuyu asked curiously.

 

"Busan. We went to Jihoon-hyung's hometown and we stayed there for two weeks. We did so many things. We tried fishing, we went swimming almost everyday, we played lots of games, we helped Jihoon-hyung's uncles in the market. We had so much fun there that's why I'm so excited for tomorrow's trip! I'm sure we'd have so much fun too!" he said, smiling widely for the first time.

 

Tzuyu returned the smile, "That sounds fun. That made me even more excited. I might not get even an ounce of sleep tonight." she joked.

 

Mingyu laughed, "That's bad. You would look like a zombie tomorrow if you don't get enough sleep." Tzuyu huffed and pouted and it made Mingyu panic. "Well you're beautiful so that would make you a beautiful zombie? Yeah, you'll still look beautiful even if you become a zombie." he quickly added.

 

The beautiful girl could not suppress her laughter at the tall boy's words. "You're so funny, Mingyu." she said. "Funny and cute." she giggled. Cheeks grew redder, body became hotter and suddenly the cold night breeze became a lot warmer, thanks to Tzuyu and her angelic giggle. Mingyu's heart started beating rapidly again. "Well, I guess we should better sleep now. I don't want to look like a zombie tomorrow." 

 

"You're a beautiful zombie." Mingyu blurted out without thinking and he mentally smacked himself in the head.

 

Tzuyu stood up, unwrapping the blanket around her body and handing it back to Mingyu. "Thanks for the blanket." she said.

 

Mingyu quickly stood up as he took his blanket from Tzuyu. "You're welcome." he said shyly.

 

"Thanks for making me laugh." she said, taking a step towards the balcony door. Before she went inside, she turned to face Mingyu one last time and smiled. "Good night, Mingyu." she said and then she finally went inside and into the girls' room.

 

Mingyu stood dumbfounded for a moment in the balcony. Tzuyu's words kept replaying in his mind.

 

"Thanks for making me laugh. Good night, Mingyu." 

 

Mingyu felt like a fool as a smile slowly crept up into his face but he couldn't help it. He felt giddy inside. Tzuyu just said  that he made her laugh and she wished him a good night! Mingyu couldn't be any happier. After a few moments of wallowing happiness, Mingyu finally made his way inside and went to lay down on his mat. He pulled his blanket over his body and suddenly an unfamiliar and sweet scent filled his nose. It was unfamiliar but the sweet scent was very much welcome to invade his senses.

 

Ah! I'm gonna have a good sleep and a sweet dream tonight for sure.

 

He smiled to himself as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - -

[A/N]: I'm terribly sorry for making you all wait for a very long time just for this crappy chapter. Sorry and yeah, sorry again. I just hope you'd like it even just a bit. LOL I know I promised lots of events in this chapter but I'm reserving it for the next one. Sorry for being such a bad author. This is unbeta-ed so sorry for the typos and all kinds of errors. Okay, bye! :)