Scared

Random Thoughts

CHORONG POV

 

Here I was, standing again in this huge house. I lift my finger and attempted to ring the doorbell but I stop right before I could press the button. Each day, I continued to stare at this house attempting to reach, to get closer.

I wasn't able to go near at first but now I manage to have the courage to ring the bell. Bit by bit, I hope I can get this courage out of me soon. I was scared, guilty and confused. What should I do? Should I just go back? What if she doesn't want to see me? All of this questions have been bugging me for a long time now. 

It was my fault. Of course it is. Because of me, we lose her.

 

Flashback

"What do you mean we're leaving her out!?" 

" I won't accept this proposal!" I scowled to oppose the president from this ridiculous proposal.

"I know it's hard for you chorong-ssi. You've been their leader for a long time now but this is what we should. You know it's for the best." 

He calmly said, as he continued to read the document in her hand.

"The best!? I never thought that way!"

He sighed and looked at me in the eyes. I knew he was up to something. 

" A lot of people were disappointed with your performance as their leader Chorong-ssi. People were saying that you lack the skills to be someone that will lead the industries next girl group. Meanwhile, she is someone that lacks popularity among fans. She lacks the charm. The magnet to attract other people. She may be unique but the members personality were more outstanding." He drop his document and stared at me.

"What are you implying then?" I asked.

"If you can't accept my decision to leave her out, then I think you should be the one to leave then."

I froze. I didn't know what to say. My mind can't think anymore. How did it end up like this? Yesterday, was just a good day. We were happy. We were one.

"I will wait for your decision. If you choose to save yourself then tell yookyung personally that we will leave her out. That's all. You can leave."

 

The next thing I knew. There were only six of us in the dorm.

 

End of flashback

 

Maybe, not now. Tomorrow I will try again.

" Im sorry. I'm really...really sorry." I can feel the heating of my eyes, signalling for tears to fall out soon. Until I heard a voice called out for me.

 

"Chorong-unnie.."

 

I turned around to see a confused Bomi staring at me.

 

"W-What are you d-doing here Bbom ah?" I stutter.

 

" I should be the one asking you that unnie. What are YOU doing here?" "Isn't this Yookyung's house? Are you still blaming yourself? We already told you that it's not your fault. The president decided this on her own."

 

She tried to approach me. I didn't know what to do. She shouldn't know. She'll hate me. They will HATE me. I'm scared.

 

Before I realized it, I run. Run as fast as I could. I'm scared. I'm scared and confused. Tears that I've been helding in finally poured out. I turned around and saw Bomi chasing me.

 

"Yah!! Why are you chasing me!?"

 

"BECAUSE YOU'RE RUNNING!!"

 

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!!"

 

"NEVER!!"

 

Before I knew it she already catch up to me. Damn it. Why did she have to be a fast runner? 

She caught my wrist and spun me around.

 

"Unnie please stop running anymore. Tell me what's wrong?"

 

My head was down, embarass to face her.

"You don't understand..." I murmured.

 

"Then, make ME understand" 

She was still holding my wrist. 

Finally, I snapped.

 

"CAN'T YOU SEE BOMI!? IT'S MY FAULT!! I'M THE ONE WHO KICK HER OUT!

CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I'M A SELFISH B*TCH THAT ONLY THINKS FOR MYSELF!? I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE I---"

 

She pulled me to a tight hug before I could finish myself. Tears falled down like it's not gonna stop until tomorrow. I cried hard and punched her shoulder for being like this to me.

She was kind, too kind. I didn't deserve this.

 

"It's okay. Just cry. I'm here for you. I'll never leave you alone."

 

" A-Are you not mad? Don't you H-hate me?" I said as I squeeze her clothes tight.

 

"There's a reason isn't it? Tell me." She said calmly.

 

During this time I felt that she was the one older than me. I can feel the security, the warmth.. the love.

 

"I chose myself to stay in the group. I had the power to make her stay but I didn't. I was scared that I might leave too I--" I wasn't able to continue.

 

"I see. You were there to apologized right? All this time, you've been coming to her house. You're not selfish. You're just human."

 

"I-I'm scared."

 

"No you're not. It's just guilt that proves you are kind."

 

She pulled away from the hug and stared at me. Wiping the tears from my eyes she kiss my forehead for assurance. She held my hands at stared at me again.

 

"Unnie. I'll come with you. You needed courage right? I'll stay by your side when you talk to her." She said grinning at me.

 

"B-but.. I'm not ready."

 

"Unnie. There's no perfect time than now. Didn't I tell you that I'll stay with you? You don't have to be scared."

 

"Fiine. But you don't have to go inside. I'll talk to her alone. Ok?"

 

"Yup. Oh and unnie.. After, talking to her. I a-also have something to say t-to you." She stuttered while looking down at the ground.

 

"What is it? You can tell it to me now." I asked confusely.

 

"N-no. I'll say it l-later."

 

"Ok. If you say so."

 

We walk hand in hand to Yookyung's house, Bomi didn't let go of my hand even for a second until we reach her house. I would be lying if say that I'm not scared. Although I receive a lot of courage from Bomi. I can still feel the uneasiness and the guilt creeping out on my nerves. Yookyung and I talk for almost an hour, she was shocked but she said that she didn't hate me. She was thankful that I came to her personally. For her it was enough, but for me this was just the start....