00 05

A Normal Love Story
It's Friday. Hallelujah! 

I opened my eyes and looked at the ceiling. I smiled slightly to myself. I don't know why but I'm happy to go to school today, not anxious or nervous or something like that. I can't wait. 
 
I looked at my alarm clock time: Its six o'clock in the morning. I got dressed into my uniform and did my daily routine. I even put on some makeup. I felt confident today I'm not quite sure why though. I'm odd, okay? 
 
I swung my backpack onto my shoulder and made my way down the stairs of the complex and made my way to school. 
 
I stopped for a moment. Not one of my friends came to pick me up so we could walk together. Probably didn't want to talk to me though I'm quite a snarky person. 
 
-- Ten Minutes Later 
 
I walked into the classroom: there's about 15 minutes before class started so everyone is talking to each other. 
 
I needed to test my theory that my friends were mad at me so I sat where I usually sat. They smiled at me and Irene spoke. "Sorry we couldn't come over today we just got caught up with talking about some plans!" She said happily: I nodded understandingly and smiled at her.
 
Seulgi looked at me closely. "Is that makeup?" I looked down and smiled. "Yes..." The girls took a chance to tease me. "Oh! is it a boy?" Joy asked quietly and curiously, leaning in. 
 
I sighed lightly. "Not everything is about boys," I exclaimed. They all looked at each other, most likely judging me. Irene smiled at me though, understanding me. 
 
I'm just not used to boys. Even at my old school I never talk to boys, let alone anyone in fact. I was a loner but I didn't care and I still don't. Like I needed friends.
 
But things are different now. I have friends. I'm having some fun. I even think some boys are crushing on me. Or not. Oh well. They don't define myself or happiness. 
 
 
A few minutes later whilst talking and laughing, one of the boys sat beside me. Vernon. 
 
"Hello," he said casually, swinging his arm around my shoulders. I looked at him weirdly and took his arm off of me. "Go away." I said a bit coldly and a bit too loudly: I heard laughter from the boys side, thinking their friends rejection was funny. 
 
He pouted slightly but walked away. "Yah! Kim Yerim! Those boys obviously like you!" Joy said whilst frowning. 
 
"I'm sorry I'm just not used to boys coming on strong!" I exclaimed grumpily: I pursed my lips in frustration. 
 
They sighed at me. "We forgive you. Next time a boy tries to talk to you, be nice!" Irene requested. I nodded in response. 
 
-- Time Skip A Few Hours
 
 
 The gym teacher told us to walk around the entire campus at least twice. I groaned. I don't want to walk around the huge campus but at least I'll be with my friends. 
 
"Hey Seventeen!" Irene called out from beside me. "Would you guys mind if Yeri could walk with you all? We need to talk privately," Irene asked coyly, a mischievous glint in her eyes. 
 
"Of course!" S.Coups said, "We'll keep her in good hands! Bye for now!" then Irene left. Wow. 
 
I walked slowly with the guy, staying silent whenever they asked me questions or when they talked to me in general. "Why are you so talkative around the girls but not with us?" Seunggwan asked me softly and we both trailed off from the group. 
 
I shrugged. "You all are weird and loud. You all do stuff for me too. Giving me food, blocking basketballs so they won't hit me. Mingyu oppa even made sure I didn't fall of a ledge yesterday. It's odd!" I said honestly whilst looking at him while we walked. 
 
Seunggwan smiled down at me. "Well get used to it," he said simply and dragged me by my arm to get to the group. 
 
I stood inbetween two of the boys: Joshua and Dino. They were obviously happy that I was standing next to them because they laced their arms with mine like Wendy and Seulgi do. 
 
"I think we should rename ourselves Eighteen!" Hoshi said all of a sudden: I knew where he was going with this. 
 
"Why?" S.Coups asked grinning, also getting the picture. 
 
"Yeri could join the group!-" Hoshi started but I had cut him off. "No," I stated. They all sulked and pouted. Such children. But they did look kind of cute doing that. 
 
Woozi turned in front of us but walked backwards. "Why not? We're pretty awesome!" He said, gesturing to himself. 
 
I raised my eyebrows questioning him : he smiled widely back. I rolled my eyes, huffing. 
 
During this amount of time we walked around half of the campus. "I got to stop!" S.Couos said and sat on the concrete. 
 
I said what was on my mine. "What? Being an old man made its toll?" I asked and my eyes widened a bit. Before I could even apologize the boys were laughing they're heads off. Even S.Coups was chuckling. 
 
Wonwoo clapped his hands on S.Coups shoulder, finding the non-intended joke hilarious. 
 
"Yah! I wasn't trying to be funny! But I'm sorry," I said honestly. S.Coups looked up at me smiling. "It's okay Yeri," he got up, "Let's keep going!" He said and we all went on our way. 
 
 
 
A/N 
 
It's a bit filler but whatever. Friendships between Yeri and the boys will soon arrive along with drama and romance. Who should I pair her up with? Please let me know in the comments below. Bye for now!~ 😘