00 05

A Normal Love Story
Throughout the whole day, the boys in the class were loud and obnoxious whilst the prissy girls in the front gossiping and talking, even in the lessons. The teacher didn't care though. 
 
All five of us, Irene, Wendy, Seulgi, Joy and I were talking quietly during break. "Are we going to the shop today?" Seulgi asked. "Sure if you want too," I responded to the question. 
 
"Oh," Irene suddenly spoke, "We have gym today. We are gonna sit out though. They didn't provide the students gym uniforms so the girls get to sit out since we wear skirts." Irene said in a matter-of-fact tone.
 
I nodded understandingly. "But we get automatic A's in gym either way, so don't worry," Joy said, reassuring me. "I wasn't!" I exclaimed but giggled slightly. These high school girls screwed me over, making me giggle. 
 
Once the bell rang for gym we all walked out the classroom. "So is there any boys that strike your interest?" Joy asked and out of the corner of my I saw some boys from our class perk up. Weirdos. 
 
"No. Not really." I replied honestly but blushed slightly even though I don't know why. We walked into the red, white, and beige gym room. There was some graffiti on the walls, the number Seventeen on every red wall.  
 
"Seventeen. The boys from our classroom. That's what they call themselves. Their all best friends." Irene said simply then walked to the red chairs in the back. There was only four (away from the popular girls) so we all took turns standing and sitting. 
 
Whilst talking to my friends, I tuned my head to catch a glimpse of the game the boys were playing. Instead there was a ball hurdling towards my face. I instinctually put my arms in front of my face, not wanting to get hurt. 
 
Instead, S.Coups blocked it, hitting the ball out of my way. He quickly smiled at me and ran away, back into the game. 
 
My friends besides me squealed excitedly but quietly. "Yah!" I began, "He did that because he's nice. Not because he liked me or whatever you guys think!" I said skeptically. 
 
They all giggled. Again with the giggles. "Believe what you want Yeri. They all seem to like you," Wendy said and laughed. I pursed my lips stubbornly. "They don't even know me." I muttered. 
 
"Yeri stand up, my turn!" Joy said tired of standing. I nodded and got up. 
 
Whilst walking to a spot next to Joy's chair I almost tripped, but quickly grasped onto the chairs back. 
 
I looked down at my shoes to see they were untied. I groaned not in the mood to do much of anything at the moment. 
 
A minute or two later I felt tugging on my shoes and I noticed the girls looking at my legs oddly, almost weirded out. 
 
I looked down to see Seokmin from our class lacing up my shoe strings. He looked up at me and smiled: I felt my lips twitch (into a frown or smile I don't know what). I took my index finger, placed it on his forehead, and pushed him away from me. He landed on his . 
 
I heard guffaws from his friends. He pouted and jogged back into the game. "Oh come on that was really sweet!" Seulgi exclaimed. "You didn't have to push him that hard!" Joy said too, but chuckling at my reactions. 
 
"Oh well. Too late now." I commented lightly and went back to our conversation ignoring that the guys were pointing at us, probably saying I was rude. 
 
About ten minutes later some idiot suggested we should play The Hibiscus has Bloomed (red light green light) and nominated me to be the lead. Of course. 
 
We also did it outside on the tennis court. It's October. I'm in a skirt. I'm freezing. 
 
Everyone got in line, holding onto each other's hand, in a curvy formation. I crept my way to the very front so I could unlatch the formation, so I could win. The pretty boy with lavender hair kept turning though, meaning I have to stop every few seconds. 
 
Once I got there, he turned around and looked into my eyes almost looking memorized by me. What is this, Twilight? I turned around slowing and I lightly karate chopped his hand from Minghao's. I think, I didn't read his name tag. 
 
All us ran to the fence quickly so we wouldn't lose. Jeonghan (I read it before I won the game) was defeated. He called out, the first time I heard his voice. It sounded sweet. "That's not fair I was so close!" He exclaimed. I responded back loudly, since he was in the middle of the court.
 
"It is too!" I said, fake annoyance lacing my tone: Jeonghan just laughed. 
 
"Round two before we go inside!" A boy named Woozi called out. That can't be his real name. I'll ask later. 
 
"Yeri is the lead again!" Irene called out and they all went back into the sloppy forms. I sighed. 
 
I passed every student, stopping here and there when Hoshi looked back to get me caught. I stood behind him, and he turned way too far, his chest almost pressing against mine. So much for comfort.
 
I blushed slightly anyways and he smiled at me. He turned away slowly and I quickly did the same chopping motion from earlier, and ran back. Hoshi caught me by my arm though. "I won!" He called out happily. 
 
"I tried..." I said earnestly and felt a pat on my shoulder. "It's okay! Like you said you tried!" A boy named Dino said and ran back to his friends, grinning like mad. 
 
Dino? These boys must've made their name tags themselves. "Thanks," I mumbled and walked to my friends and we all made our way to lunch. 
 
~~ 
 
All of my friends shared some of their lunch with me, so I didn't go hungry today. They are too nice. 
 
"Hey Yeri..?" Irene called out, getting my attention. "Yes Unnie?" I asked, taking a sip from my water bottle Seulgi bought me. "You know how we have our tips dyed right?" She asked: I nodded. "You should get your tips a color!" She said excitedly. 
 
I shook my head. I don't have enough money for luxuries like dying hair. "Why not?" Wendy said and pouted. "Because I don't want too," I said simply. They all shrugged. 
 
"Next time, Kim Yerim, next time!" Joy said, making it sound like a revenge plan. In a way it kind of was. 
 
       -- Time Skip Of Four Hours-- 
 
It was after school and I was on the very top floor, facing the sky. I was bored and I didn't have to do my job till eighth o'clock so I wanted to take advantage of the decent weather before it got too cold. 
 
The roof was huge platform and there was even a little garden patch to the side of the door where I came from meaning someone could be in there which I highly doubt but I bet at least one boy from class will be up here. 
 
They act like its their job to protect me or do nice things, but I can take care of myself. 
 
I stood on the edge, listening to some music on my cheap MP3 player my aunt Kim bought me. I still loved it though so I didn't mind using it. 
 
I walked on the edge balancing myself like it was a gymnastic beam: it was easy even if I wobbled here and there. 
 
A moment or so later I felt a hand clasping onto my arm to keep my blanched so I wouldn't go flying off onto the streets of Seoul. 
 
I looked down to see a mop of blue hair. Mingyu I think that was his name. He's from my class. I called it! He kept walking though, but I could tell he was smirking. I smiled lightly too. I frowned slightly but then it turn to a small smile. 
 
It's not a crime for people to be nice to you I guess. I could've hit him or thumped his head but I didn't. I let him take my safety into his own hands even though it was just for a few moments. 
 
I smiled widely and walked across the platform of the roof to the door to get outside again. I needed to go home and get ready for my job but I'm not thinking much about it. 
 
This school isn't that bad.