00 03

A Normal Love Story

 

  From my observation, there had to be about seven girls and thirteen boys. I stared at them. Some boy was cleaning the floor, some were talking, some were sleeping, the rest eating. There were about four of girls. They were all fixing each other's hair and makeup and the three others in the back talking quietly. 
 
I looked at the teacher and raised my eyebrow: he shrugged. He also cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. All the students stared at me like I was an alien. 'An introverted one at that,' I thought. The teacher motioned for me to introduce myself I properly. 
 
I bowed politely. "Hello. My name is is Kim Yerim. Um I'll work hard in class. Please take care of me," I said. The most decent way to introduce yourself in Korea. 
 
I smiled slightly at the students then walked to a desk in the back. One of the girls in the front tried to trip me but I saved myself in time. You'll get those moments in stores like spilled drink, so I was basically prepared. 
 
I sat down next to a girl with blue tipped hair. Two girls in front of us, their hair tipped different colors, turned around too. They all spoke at the same time. "I'm Seulgi," "I'm Irene," and "I'm Wendy," I looked around them in bewilderment. 
 
"One at a time please," I requested quietly. The girls laughed at me. The pink haired girl spoke first. "I'm Irene," she pointed to herself. "That's Seulgi," she pointed at the girl with orange tipped hair then at Wendy, who I presumed. "Wendy!" She said simply. 
 
"Let's all become friends!" Seulgi said perkily: I sighed mentally. I nodded my head though. 'You need friends anyway, not sitting on the couch all day eating dry cereal or at jobs. It'll be good!' I thought. 
 
"After today," Wendy said suddenly, "Let's all hang out!" The girls nodded as well as I (a tad solemnly) but still. 
 
    -- Time Skip Of Three Hours -- 
 
 
 Getting up to go to lunch, Wendy and Seulgi laced their arms with mine and Irene stood in front of us. I looked between them confused. "What?" I asked simply, furrowing my eyebrows. "Oh, do you not like skinship?" Seulgi asked curiously. I admitted honestly. "I don't have friends so I don't know," I said. 
 
The girls pouted but looked empathetically at me. "Well your our friend now, no worries! Let's go," Irene commanded and lead us to the lunch room. 
 
I turned my head and whispered into Wendy's ear. "Leader?" Wendy nodded. "Ahh," I exclaimed then we all walked into the cafeteria. "Come on Yeri, let's get in the lunch line before all the good food is taken!" Seulgi demanded. I shook my head. "Why?" She asked stubbornly. "No money. Didn't bring lunch either..." I trailed off. All the money I have goes towards my apartment and school fees. Ain't nobody got time for food. 
 
"Oh I'm sorry, but wait right here okay!" Seulgi said then jogged towards the line. I smiled slightly then sat on the small round tables bench and waited for my 'friends' to arrive. 
 
 
When they got back they all sat down. "So see any cute boys?" Seulgi asked. I shook my head. "I barely even noticed them," I said quietly to which Irene smiled brightly. "Then we'll introduce you too them!" She exclaimed then got up and lightly (not) snatched my arm and lead me to a table which held the boys from our class. 
 
"Hello!" She said looked at me expectedly. "Um hi," I said awkwardly. "Sorry, she's a bit shy but that's not the point! We just wanted to say hi and I wanted to state to you all guys that she's really cute and single, so bye!" She said then dragged me back to our table. 
 
"Yah!" I said loudly but I didn't care. "How do you know I'm single? And I'm not cute!" I said. Irene just laughed. "Your too shy and you are cute! Now please sit down!" She said then sat down herself. "Sadly Joy isn't here today. She would've loved you!" Irene said then started eating her lunch. 
 
About fifteen minutes later lunch was over and we made our way back in the classroom. Apparently we were allowed thirty minutes of free time so Irene, Wendy, Seulgi and I talked. They honestly weren't that bad. 
 
Whilst we were talking one of the boys passed by us, putting a milk on my desk. "Huh?" I asked. "Who did that?" I asked and I got shrugs from the girls. "Didn't see his face," they said, but I see small smiles on their faces. 'Forget it,' I thought then uncapped the milk and took a sip from it. Don't judge I'm hungry and thirsty. 
 
About five minutes or so later someone dropped a pastry on my desk. "What is this, Christmas?" I asked and got laughs from the girls. I shrugged and picked it up from the desk and unwrapped it. "Is this poisoned?" I asked and got chuckles from my friends. 
 
"Probably not," Wendy said. I nodded and ate it and finished it. Break time was done and we all got back to work, but out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the boys high fiving the other, as if congratulating him. For what I don't know, probably some sport or something.