chapter 8

Set Me Free

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

Taeyeon was in a very happy mood the next morning. She was humming to SNSD’s ‘My J’ while making some delicious breakfast. She made some kimbap decorated with a Pikachu image, a cartoon from the famous anime series, Pokemon, with some small fried sausages and some cute sized egg rolls, all cramped up into a lunchbox. To top it off, she cut off a ripe, red cherry to form heart shapes and placed it on the cheeks of ‘Pikachu’.

 

 

“Saranghaeyo My J~~~” the main vocalist of the group sang her crush’s part in the song and covered the special lunchbox.

 

 

“Kekeke my J~~”   

 

 

“Boo!”

 

 

“Arhh! Aish! What’s that for Fany-ahhhh.” Taeyeon got startled and huffed away, not minding Tiffany’s presence. The eye-smiling girl smirked and started teasing her focused leader.

 

 

“Why are you in such a good mood Taetae? Anything great happened yesterday? Hmm? Hmmmm?” the shorter girl stopped what she was doing and sat on the stool by the counter, with hands supporting her chin, breaking into a daydream.

 

 

“I’m gonna make her happy Fany-ahh~~” she sang her reply.

 

“Ayeee, and who is she, if I may ask? Hehehe” the nosy girl kept on nudging Taeyeon to extract all the details but the latter paid no heed to her teasing.

 

 

“Merong! Bye Miyoung-ah!” the shorter girl was already dressed up so she stuck her tongue out at the prying girl and quickly grabbed the lunchbox and her car keys before making her way to the door.

 

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon! Where are you going?? Tell me!! You’re lucky we’re on a break, you know that!!”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah love you too Ppany!!” when the girl was out of their dorm, Tiffany was left by the counter, muttering how Taeyeon is secretive and unfair to her and that she will definitely dig the latter’s secret.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kim Taeyeon drove her Mercedes Benz to the currently rising fashion company in South Korea, Blanc & Eclare. The company was situated in Seoul; it wasn’t that far from her dorm, just merely 30 minutes if she speeds. The petite woman checked herself out in the car mirror, making sure her make up looks perfect and pulled her hair up into a ponytail with her fringe neatly hanging down her forehead, making her look more youthful but still giving out a mature vibe.

 

 

“Sunglasses, check. Wahh I look cool hehe. Kaja~~” the dorky woman marched her way with a bag containing the lunchbox and a refreshing drink towards the building’s entrance and went to the receptionist.

 

 

“Excuse me, is Jessica Jung available?”

 

 

“Uhm, you are Miss..?” Taeyeon took off her glasses and gave out a toothy smile.

 

 

“Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon. So umm, is she here?” the young receptionist looked unsure when hearing the name and bit her lips before continuing her sentence.

 

 

“Umm actually, Miss Jung is currently having a few words with one of our major investors..”

 

 

“Ahh, it’s okay, I’ll just wait here then.” Taeyeon pointed towards the sofa at the waiting lounge.

 

 

“T-Taeyeon-ssi!”

 

 

“Yeah, anything?”

 

 

“Umm…about that.. After the meeting, Miss Jung is going to have to attend to the design team’s files and propositions..so it may take quite a while..”

 

“How long will it take then? I don’t really mind waiting though..”

 

 

“Usually she has to do edits and comments on their work, so it may take up the whole day, probably until the evening..” the receptionist’s voice faltered as she saw Taeyeon’s face changing into a dejected one. The latter stared at the bag in her hand and pouted sadly. ‘It’ll be cold by then…’

 

 

“Uhm, can you do me a favour?” Taeyeon took a piece of paper and borrowed a pen from the girl, scribbling something on it before inserting it into the bag and handing them to her.

 

 

“Please give this to Jessica? Preferably as soon as possible, please?” ‘Halley’, as it’s stated on her tag, heard the plead in her voice and nodded.

 

 

“Thank you so much, Halley-ssi. I’ll get going then.” Halley saw that Taeyeon had already entered her car and sent a text to her boss. After 5 minutes, Jessica got down and questioned her worker.

 

 

“Did you do as I asked?”

 

 

“Y-yes, Miss Jung. I told her you were busy and had no time to spare.”

 

 

“Great, do the same every time she comes here, no matter when, you got it?” Although people know the rumors about Jessica Jung being the Ice Princess is not true because once you’ve gotten to know her, she’s a warm one, but it doesn’t mean people still don’t get the chills whenever she’s around. And that’s exactly what her workers felt, or in this case, Halley.

 

 

“A-alright, Miss Jung. I’ll definitely make sure to do so.” She stuttered.

 

 

“You better do.” With that, the great Jessica Jung turned around and her white heels clacked towards the lift when the same frightened receptionist called her out.

 

 

“W-wait!” With an irritated sigh, Jessica glanced at Halley without moving from her position and put her hands on her hips.

 

 

“What now? Make it quick, I need to work on a few things.” The scared girl handed the bag nervously to her boss.

 

 

“What’s this?” The brunette asked.

 

 

“U-umm Miss Kim gave this to me and asked me to pass it to you as soon as possible. But I didn’t peek at the contents, I promise!” Jessica didn’t expect to get anything from Taeyeon, so she was surprised.

 

 

“O-oh. Thank you. I’ll get going, then.” Halley didn’t manage to reply as her boss brisk walked to her office at a fast pace, as if an emergency had happened.

 

 

Jessica closed her office’s glass door and put the bag on her desk. She pulled down the curtains, to make sure nobody sees her reaction to whatever Kim Taeyeon has brought her. She unclipped the plastic bag and took out a lunchbox and a thermos. The fashion CEO unlidded the cover and was pleasantly surprised by the food. It was really cute and anyone could tell that thoughts and efforts were poured into making the simple yet meaningful meal. Just below the thermos was a small piece of paper and the woman opened to read it.

 

 

‘Hey Ice Princess! I hope you’re having a good morning. I made you breakfast! I know you’re busy and all but please don’t skip your meals!

 

P/s: I made a Pikachu because you’re my Sicachu~~ hehehe~

 

 xoxo, Taeyeon-ssi :P’

 

 

That one short note made Jessica leap in happiness and broke into a wide grin, especially when Taeyeon called her “my Sicachu”. She kissed the paper and kept it aside to dig into her prepared breakfast.

 

 

“Mmm, it tastes good and is still quite warm too! Hehehe~”

 

 

Halfway eating, she stopped and put down her chopsticks. She pursed her lips and pondered upon her actions today. ‘I feel bad for doing this to her…I know I said I’d give her a chance but I’m trying to get over her and her action will certainly be unhelpful…Ugh I’m not in the mood to eat anymore..’ the distressed girl closed the cover of the lunchbox and pushed it aside.

 

“Oh God I’m so dumb for accepting that deal!! Pabo Jung! Ahh molla!! I’ll just continue to ignore her until the month is over. Yes! That’s a good one! Jessica smiled triumphantly at her idea and went straight to deal with some paperwork.

 

 

 

 

 

5 days later~~

 

 

A fuming black-haired girl – well, woman, was seen to be descending from her flashy sports car, with eye bags that can clearly be seen beneath her hazel eyes. She slammed the poor car’s door, pressed the button on the keys with so much force that people nearby weren’t brave enough to even pass by her. Kim Taeyeon’s nostrils were flaring as she jogged – almost ran, into the familiar fashion building she’s been to these past few days. This time, she didn’t even bother to stop by the reception desk and ask what Jessica’s schedules were for the day.

 

 

Halley who was calmly typing out her work in the computer got surprised by the sudden intrusion.

 

 

“Wait! Miss Kim! Where are you going??” Her questions fell on deaf ears as our cute angry midget hasalready boarded the elevator safe and sound towards the CEO’s floor. Once the elevator’s door made a ‘ting!’ sound and opened, Taeyeon wasted no time and took large, angry strides along the corridor.

 

 

“Why is this place so huge?? Ugh. Hey you! Where’s the CEO’s office?” a small framed guy with glasses who looked like he was barely at a legal age was startled but maintained his composure.

 

 

“May I know who you are, Miss..?”Taeyeon rolled her eyes and stared fiercely at the boy.

 

 

“No need for introductions! Just tell me where is the CEO’s office?!”

 

 

“U-umm, which CEO, Miss…?”

 

 

“Dammit I’ll just find it myself!” with that, the raging woman walked away, trying to remember which side of the building was Jessica’s office that they went to last week.

 

 

“Ah, there it is! Jessica freaking Jung I am so gonna get you now!”

 

 

Meanwhile, Jessica was attending to some of the company’s files, brought by her assistant. She wasn’t expecting any visitors today so she was surprised some hard knocks were heard on the door.

 

“Umm, come-“      “I’m coming in no matter what!”

 

 

“Taeyeon??!” Taeyeon scoffed and gave out a sarcastic smile.

 

 

“So, it’s ‘Taeyeon’ now, huh??” Sensing venom in the older girl’s voice, Jessica politely apologized to her subordinate and told her to discuss the documents at another time. Taeyeon glared at the worker who just cowered at the gaze and hurriedly went out of the office. Jessica took a remote and pulled down the curtains once more and made sure the door was locked.

 

 

“What the hell was that, Taeyeon?? That was rude!” She hissed.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Lol hey~~ How was this? Tiffany was soo hot in SNL today omgg kekeke~ sorry for the cliffhanger guys, my eyes hurt lol night