chapter 10

Set Me Free

Day by day had passed, and Jessica’s relationship with Taeyeon has gotten a lot closer and comfortable, like best friends. Taeyeon would always be enthusiastic in meeting the other girl and Jessica would feel the same way. The two had unsettled feelings for each other but none too brave to confess. They felt like it was nice and safe keeping their current pace, but both knew they wanted more than just spending time with each other without any intimate skinship between them. They just hoped that there’s a way to open up their long hidden feelings without ruining what they have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today is no exception. Jessica had invited the older girl to a party that Blanc & Eclare was holding at their company hall. It was to celebrate its one year establishment as a known brand and Jessica’s status as one of the most profitable artist entrepreneur. She didn’t want to make her achievement a big deal to everyone but her staffs and colleagues had insisted so she complied to their requests.

 

 

 

 Taeyeon was beyond elated that Jessica actually invited her to come. Usually, she would be the one to initiate and make plans for their dates, so this was the first for the other way round. Not that she was complaining, but sometimes it felt nice to know that perhaps Jessica likes hanging out with her. And Taeyeon thinks that maybe, just maybe, Jessica likes her too. Jessica didn’t reject her random peck on the cheeks whenever the girl did something cute, she didn’t reject her when she wanted to hold hands with the younger girl just because, she also acted jealous when some fangirls of Taeyeon clung onto her like a koala. Heck, THE Jessica Jung even blushed whenever Taeyeon complimented her appearance or gave her some cheesy pickup lines.

 

 

 

 

 So with that hope in hand, Taeyeon decided that she will confess to the younger girl at the event later tonight. It was going to be perfect and as planned. She was left with exactly another week before the contract extermination, and she was going to make the best of it. The older girl rummaged through her closet for a classy outfit, since she definitely don’t want to embarrass herself in front of everyone at a fashion company, and she asked opinions from her best friend, Tiffany, too. Which was unusual because Tiffany always had clashing thoughts with her in terms of everything. But because her mind was too preoccupied and nervous by her plan that evening, she couldn’t think straight and seeked help from the pink monster.

 

 

 

 

 

“Tae are you okay? You look really pale, you know. I don’t think Jessi would mind if you skip you date just this once.” Tiffany worriedly asked the midget.

 

 

 

Taeyeon shook her head furiously although her hands were beginning to sweat. “N-no, I’m fine, really. I’ve been hiding my feelings for her for so long. I can – no, I must do it. I’m just reaaally nervous, that’s all.” Tiffany sighed and patted the empty space next to her on the bed.

 

 

 

 

“I understand, Taetae. It’s a big, risky step you’re taking there.”

 

 

 

 

“Do you think she’ll accept me, Fany-ah?”

 

 

 

“I think so. I mean I’ve seen the way she looks at you for so long. Those longing gazes, and hahaha remember when we used to be together all the time after you guys distanced yourselves? I could feel her icy glare behind me countless of times.” Taeyeon just hung her head low and stared at the marble floor.

 

 

 

 

“Hey, come on, cheer up. Okay let’s put it this way. Will you be ever happy if you never confess to her?” the black-haired girl shook her head.

 

 

 

“See, that’s my point. You won’t. And you will regret not doing so until she finds someone she likes and get married. And you will continue your suffering until you die. On the other hand, if you confess, there’ll be two chances on what might happen. One, she might like you back and you guys end up together. Or two, she might not, and you will feel hurt, BUT, at least you tried. And you won’t feel any regret if you actually did it. It’s her loss if she rejects you. Okay, Taetae?”

 

 

 

 

The previously gloomy kid lightened up when Tiffany’s words got into her head. She slapped her cheeks lightly and fist pumps dorkily. “You’re right Fany-ah. I’ll do it! But I don’t really know what to wear… Help me please?”

 

 

 


“Alright, since it’s a company party and you want to confess, I think something that will resemble your masculine side but also not forgetting that you’re a girl will do. Hmm, how bout this?”
 

 

 

The Korean-American lifted a baby blue suit which is similar to their Mr Mr outfit. “It fits, don’t you think?”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s eyes sparkled as she imagined how she will be the ‘guy’ in the relationship and the Ice Princess will be her girl. She also remembered that Jessica told her that she would be wearing a strapless blue dress so all goes well.  The shorter girl nodded vigorously and hugged Tiffany as a token of gratitude.

 

 

 

 

 

Kim Taeyeon drove her black Benz to the place she had frequented for these past three weeks. With a shaky exhale, she stepped out of the car, not forgetting her prepared bouquet of roses and a small black box which contains a diamond ring. She kept the box in her side pocket and looked into her car mirror to fix her black hair which was tied up and smoothened her outfit.

 

 

 

The girl took in a few deep breaths to calm her nerves down. ‘This is it. It’s now or never. You are going in there and be a man – woman, whatever. You can do it, Taeyeon. Omg it’s more nervous than our debut days! Nonono no backing out. Remember what Fany said. Okay. Let’s go.’

 

 

 

After debating with herself and shaking her head many times like a crazy person outside the entrance, Taeyeon finally recollected her calm and proceeded to the building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jessi, you seem awfully happy todayyy. Why is that, honey? And I know it ain’t just about this event. Must be something else. Come on, spill it.” Tyler asked while sipping on a cocktail in his hand.

 

 

 

 

Jessica just grinned and giggled happily before replying the guy beside her without turning her body. “Nothing.. It’s just… Do you remember what I told you about Taeyeon?” Since they were best friends, Tyler knew everything about Jessica’s feelings towards the older girl because she felt like he understands since he likes the same gender too. He also knew about Jessica’s leave and the deal they had.

 

 

 

 

The man nodded and motioned her to continue. “So… I invited her to come… and I’m so happy I just can’t stop thinking about it. I mean, this event means a lot to me and to think that the person I love will be here, supporting me… It’s just too overwhelming, I guess.”

 

 

 

 

Tyler put on his glass on a tray when a waiter came near them and faced the brunette. “Jessi… I don’t mean to burst your bubble… But are you making the right choice? I mean, she’s ignored you for years. And yes, I get it that you guys are working it out again, but won’t you feel scared if she did the same to you again? And you, you like her!” He whispered the last part to make sure nobody hears them.

 

 

 

 

“What – what if, she doesn’t feel the same way as you? A-and, how are you going to confess. Wait no, when are you going to confess? I hate to break it to you girl, but if she actually has some sort of feelings for you, I don’t think she would’ve ignored you for that long.” Tyler’s words struck Jessica like a sharp blade to her heart. She knew she wasn’t supposed to get her hopes high but spending quality time with Taeyeon made her heart flutter more than she wanted to. Her feelings grew harder, too. The CEO slumped her shoulders and dropped her gaze to the floor.

 

 

 

Tyler felt bad for breaking her spirits but it was what he had to do before the girl gets hurt more later on. “Hey, come on, it’s your party! Smile a little, will ya?” He ruffled Jessica’s hair a bit and made the girl lift her head up, smiling a little at his efforts to cheer her up. They stood there in silence, watching the guests for a few seconds before Jessica’s eyes widened at the incoming guest. She shook Tyler’s huge arms frantically.

 

 

 

“Tyler she’s here! What should I do??!”

 

 

 

“Okay okay Jess, I’m going to do something, and you’re going to trust me, alright?” Jessica had a bad feeling about this, but she played along because she didn’t know what to do. Her walls will definitely crumble if she spends just another minute with her crush.

 

 

 

Without further ado, Tyler lifted the brunette’s chin gently and leaned in for a kiss. Jessica who was totally surprised wasn’t able to process anything and only widened her eyes in reflex. That was such an unexpected move coming from a gay man. As if it was all fate’s play, the moment Tyler pulled away, the sound of a vase breaking pierced their ears and all eyes were glued to the source.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon entered Blanc & Eclare with her head held high although she still get this sick feeling deep inside her stomach. She greeted the guards and showed her invitation. ‘Let’s get this done and over with.’

 

 

 

 

Walking into the grand hall, she saw many people whom she guessed would be Jessica’s staffs and popular fashion related people. Having gone to countless of events similar to the current one she’s at, Taeyeon blend in with ease. With her average height even with heels, it was difficult to spot Jessica at just one glance so she had to stretch her neck a bit to find the brunette. After walking through a sea of people, she finally saw the one she’s been searching for.

 

 

 

 

“Beautiful..” she muttered to herself. It was Jessica, no doubt. Because her heart started to beat rapidly at the sight of the younger girl.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was about to approach the girl when suddenly a scene she had never ever want to witness in her entire life happened so painfully slow In front of her. She could literally hear her heart break as Tyler closed the gap between him and Jessica. Tears began to form in her eyes and with devastated hopes and a broken heart, the girl turned around to flee the unpleasant place. Taeyeon did not want to make a scene but unfortunately, her clouded mind made her fumble her steps and stumbled into a nearby vase on display. The expensive deco hit the floor and smashed into pieces due to the collision and her flower bouquet had dropped. Jessica and Tyler had their heads turned to her and as if it was a cruel trick, Taeyeon’s eyes met Jessica’s. Taeyeon wanted to make sure Jessica didn’t see her but she made a mistake by looking at her direction. And the hurt Taeyeon saw Jessica’s eyes looking at her with pity, or sympathy. The black haired girl did not want any pity. It was like Jessica was mocking her feelings. She thought the feelings were mutual. Guess she was wrong. ‘I’m such a fool for actually believing Tiffany’s words.’

 

 

 

Usually the girl would stay and clean up the mess she made, but she just bowed her head down all the way out, muttering “I’m sorry”s to everyone and ran to her car.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : YOOHOOOO WHO GUESSED THAT BET YA DIDN’T SEE GAY MAN COMING! I’m so sorry for not updating for like a month but actually I update all of my stories just around the same time since I update my stories by turn lol. Actually I do have a story that I update almost every week and its new, it’s called Dangerous Women but it’s TiffanyxYou lol if any of you are into agents and romance, yeah you can check it out at my profile hehe. Anndd the next chapter would be the ending, I think. Hehe. Love you unbreakables! <333