chapter 7

Set Me Free

 

 

 

      Jessica had already accepted her fate that she will be a former member of SNSD soon, so she decided to take a break off their activities and prepares herself for the incoming storm. She knew she’d get so much hate from this, but she’s too late to back down now. Even the CEO of SM has approved of her decision, but asked her to stay low profile.

 

  

     She was in a meeting with the board members of Blanc & Eclare, discussing about their upcoming launch of winter items. The company is still new, but it has already garnered so many attentions with its user-friendly products, and also because SNSD’s Jessica is the founder.

 

 

“Umm, Miss, I think we should postpone our other franchise launches for the time being because it is still early for us to do that, considering our profit target hasn’t been reached yet.” A young woman in her twenties with a collar striped red blouse and black mini skirt mentioned.

 

 

Jessica nodded her head, partially agreeing with the statement. “Hmm, I know the risk. That’s why I have all of you gathered here, today. I want to listen to all of your opinions.” She looked up to her team and smiled.

 

 

 

“What about you, Tyler? Any thoughts on this issue?” The second in control straightened up his blazer and swept his hair in a diva style and glared at the first speaker.

 

 

 

“I disagree with Miss Min Young over here. I know Blanc & Eclare is still a rising fashion brand, but that’s all the more reason we should expand our branches! Look, if we only open a few stores in Korea, Japan, Taiwan and China, how are we to cover up our rolling costs? We have no problem with online marketing, but we should totally open up franchises in big shopping complexes, to attract more people. We need to introduce the world to our name! Blanc le Eclare !  The guy named Tyler Kwon finished his speech with a dramatic finger snapping. It made Jessica chuckle at his antics. The two became fast, close friends when Hyoyeon introduced him through his boyfriend. At first, Jessica hesitated on opening up to new people, but she soon learnt that he was gay and is really fun to be with.

 

 

“Okayyy, so who’s next? Miss Kang? Mr Jin?” Everyone sat in silence, not meeting each other’s eyes for Tyler’s statement was kinda true, and they don’t wanna mess with the diva. That’s why if they have anything to say, they’ll always go first before Tyler.

 

 

“Alright, if all of you have nothing more to say, then I guess we’ll go with what Tyler has proposed. I trust your experience in this field, Kwon. Don’t leave me disappointed.” Jessica said professionally and dismissed the staffs, leaving both her and Tyler in the conference room.

 

 

The CEO was stacking her papers from the meeting when Tyler decided to be his gossipy-self again. “Omg Jess have you seen the way that girl looked at me when I countered her motion? What a b, I tell you.”

 

 

“Hahahaha omg Ty, you never fail to make me laugh. And “that” girl’s name is Min Young. Rather than being angry with you, I think she’s more scared she’ll lose her job. Lol.” The two giggled like silly high school girls and walked out of the conference room, only to find someone unexpected behind the door. The person was biting her nails nervously and turned her head to the sound of the door creaking. Her eyes showed no surprise, just displaying some timidness.

 

 

 Both Jessica and Tyler stopped in their tracks when one of the staffs there came rushing to her, bowing profusely. “I’m sorry Miss Jung, I tried stopping her, but she insists on staying. I’m really, really sorry Miss. Please don’t fire me. I really need this job.” Jessica just waved off the worker, saying that it’s okay. She folded her arms, waiting for the other person to start talking.

 

 

“S-sica, can I have a minute with you?”

 

 

“Well, I’m standing here, so, speak up.” The latter’s eyes flickered towards the man beside her and diverted back to Jessica’s.

 

 

“Umm, in private. Please?” the brunette sighed and whispered something to Tyler. He nodded and took off, not before giving the Jung a kiss on the cheek. The waiting girl glared at the man for doing such a thing. ‘Kissing her like she’s his. Pshh. .’

 

 

Jessica’s nasal voice woke her out of her thoughts. “Are you coming, or are you going to stand there forever?”

 

“H-huh? Oh. Yeah. I mean yes, I’m coming!”

 

 

Jessica led the leader of the nation’s girl group, tailing her like a lost puppy. Taeyeon on the other hand was admiring the beauty of the building, seeing that everything was still new. She was in awe when she saw the interior design of Jessica’s office.The place was decorated with black and white flower wallpaper, a huge, white wooden carved desk and a big boss chair they could see at Lee Soo Man’s office. The walls were transparent glass, but the CEO had the curtains down.There was also a makeshift bed-couch placed at the side with her own mini-fridge. ’So elegant, so chic..Just like my Shika. Yeokshi, the Princess likes to sleep. Hehehe..’ Taeyeon thought as she casted a glance towards the bed.

 

 

“Ehemm.” Jessica cleared . “Have a seat.” She pointed towards a chair in front of her desk. “I have nothing much to offer here, as you know, we are still new.” She referred to her office.

 

Taeyeon shook her head in disagreement. “Nahh, I think this place is cool, the designs, the furnitures. They’re beautiful. Just like the owner.” Her eyes widened a little, realising what has slipped out of . Jessica blushed hearing those words and tucked her hair a bit before shaking herself out of her swirling thoughts regarding Taeyeon’s compliment and sat in a professional manner.

 

 

“*Ehem. So, what brings you here, Taeyeon-ssi?” The shorter blonde woman flinched upon hearing the honorifics.

 

 

“S-sica, come on, let’s talk this out, shall we?”

 

 

“I am. And it’s Jessica for you, Miss.”

 

“Why are you calling me as if we’re strangers?! We’re members for God’s sake!”

 

 

Jessica gave out a sarcastic chuckle. “Members, huh? Look, Taeyeon-ssi, I’m pretty sure Tiffany must’ve mentioned about my departure to you guys, but I don’t and won’t blame her. Now that you may have already known, that itself is a reason to call you with honorifics because we-” she pointed her finger to Taeyeon and herself before continuing “-are no longer members. You got that?”

 

 

Taeyeon rose from the chair and marched in rage towards the sitting brunette. She spun the leather chair the latter was sitting on and made Jessica face her, only a few inches apart. The leader put a hand beside Jessica’s face and stared hard into her eyes. The Ice Princess had never felt this small and tiny in her life.

 

 

“Let’s make a deal. Just like you said, I have known everything about your leave from SNSD. Thus, I also know that it isn’t confirmed till mid next month. So until then, I’m going to do everything in my power to make you take back your decision.”

 

 

The Jung unexpectedly stuttered, “T-taeyeon-ssi, let me be frank with you. There is no way I’m returning back to the group. So please.” ‘This isn’t supposed to be happening..And her brown orbs..I’m melting down here. , this midget!’

 

 

Taeyeon finally broke the stare and tugged her blonde locks frustratedly.

 

“Look, Sica-“    “It’s Jessica to you.”

 

 

“Fine, Miss Jessica Jung.” She put her hands up in the air, surrendering to her request.

 

“Listen to what I have to say. I..ugh..Since it’s a month more till your departure, let me convince you to come back. I know, I have done you wrong, since like, forever. Don’t think of this as my duty as a leader, take this as an apology from me to you. I know I can’t heal those hurt I’ve given you all these while, but at least let me try. And…and..if the one month due’s up and you’re still sticking to your decision...I-I won’t bother you anymore. Please.” Taeyeon looked into Jessica’s eyes as if to convey all her bottled up feelings deep inside.

 

 

‘Now how the hell am I supposed to reject her with the eyes looking so pitiful and cute! Aish. But it wouldn’t hurt, right? I mean..it’s only till a month..and then.. I guess I’ll just enjoy my ‘apology’ until then.’

 

 

The Ice Princess coughed awkwardly to divert her eyes from Taeyeon’s sad ones. “Ehem. Okay, well, I guess I’d at least see you try. I’m having a meeting in a few. Bye, Taeyeon-ssi.” Taeyeon was too excited hearing that Jessica will give her a chance and disregarded her calling her with honorifics.

 

 

“YES! I’m gonna make you the happiest girl on earth in the span of a month that you’ll regret to ever think of leaving SNSD. Bye Princess, see you tomorrow!” With that, the midget gave her a quick peck on the cheeks and skipped out of the office dorkily without realizing she had made a certain CEO to blush so hard while holding her cheeks.

 

‘Damn you Kim Taeyeon! Omg my heart is going to burst! Kyaa! She kissed me! Jessica, no you’re not supposed to be like this. It’s just a stupid kiss on the cheek. She gives this to Tiffany ALL the time. But Taeyeonnie- ugh. Okay, I guess this isn’t a bad start at all.’ The Jung smiled to herself, thinking what may come tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Ok, no excuses, I was being lazy. Well actually, I updated my other story..That’s why lol. I’m sorry! Anyway I do read your comments! But I couldn’t reply, idky. There’s one of you who posted on my wall, saying you don’t want Jessica out. Hehehe. We’ll see ;) Andd sorry this is short! I thought if I wanted to make it any longer, I will delay the update, and I think a month without update is enough lol. Toodles!