chapter 1

Set Me Free

 

 

I was listening to her old song, ‘Set Me Free’. It suits me well right now. I just wish that someone would save me from dwelling in misery. I just love her too much. Too much that it hurts seeing her with others. Ironic, huh? Listening to her song when she is the problem to my heart. Like a possessive partner, I get jealous easily. I hate her smiling sweetly at other people other than the members. I hate it when she had to cover up and pretended to date that idiot Baek-what even. And the saddest truth is that, she won’t even look at me in the eye. I’m not even a stranger, I’m her member. Supposed to be ‘sisters’, ‘family’. We were so close back then so it really threw me off the edge. And the fact that she still treats everyone the same except me hurts the most.

 

“Sica-ah, let’s go out for dinner tonight alright? And maybe a movie too! Heard that a really nice chick flick had come out! Hehehe”

“Sure Taengoo-yahh. But since when did you developed a liking towards those type of movies, huh? Thought you were all into action, horror and childish types hahaha”

Taeyeon’s cheeks formed a pink tint and the latter denied, “Y-yah, I just thought that well, you don’t like those kind of movies, so w-well I thought you might want to watch this one. And hey, you guys also like Minions! Hmph.”(let’s just pretend minions was released long time ago kayh hahah)

 I formed a surprised face and chuckled, “Omo omo Taengooo, if I had known better, I would’ve thought that you have a crush on me” and winked at the slightly shorter girl. If only I had known better. Taeyeon blushed further and started to fan herself, “Y-yah yah Jung Sooyeon! Don’t get so full of youself okay! I’m just inviting coz I’m so bored stuck in the dorm without doing anything. Fine if you don’t wanna come, then I’ll invite Fany. Taeny shidae is back! Merong!”

Without realising, I found myself pinching her two squashable cheeks. “Aigoo leader-nim why are you so cuteeeee I feel like biting your cheeks kekeke. Alright, alright, I’ll go out with you tonight. Is 8 pm ok? As expected, nobody could resist the power of ice princess~~Taesic shidae is forever, my baby hahaha. See you later Taeyeon-ah~” and walked out of the dorm as I blew her a flying kiss. I could hear her shouting “Jung Sooyeon you brat!!” and could only laugh silently to myself.

I placed both of my hands to my mouth to stifle my sobs. The sweet memories, all of them are turning bitter now. They’re of no use. She’s probably hanging out with Tiffany, which is what she does most nowadays. I took a deep breath and wiped of the tears from my face. I’ve been trying to get my head of her by doing things, including doing what I wanted, which was to do fashion, just to get her off my mind. Now that I have Blanc & Eclare, I guess it’s time to end it. Maybe I could just cut off what we had and start anew. Tomorrow is the Mr Mr’s fan sign. I nodded to myself. At least one more smile from her, then I’ll be fine.

Author’s POV

Jessica pulled down her hoodie, hands in both pockets and stopped by SME before walking to the dorm. She could hear her laughter roaring through the living room as she was approaching the front door. Jessica decided to enter without making anyone noticing her. The blonde entered the passcode as discreet as possible but unfortunately she had forgotten that the door makes a ‘beep’ sound afterwards. “Oh Jessi, where did you go?” beamed the eye-smiling girl who was casually placing her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Taeyeon turned her head towards Jessica for a split second, before snapping her attention back to the TV that was playing some old chick flick movie Tiffany loves to see. Jessica heaved a sigh at her leader’s attitude and tried to reply her American bestfriend with the same enthusiasm. “Just went to get some air Tiff, A-choo!” Jessica instantly grabbed some tissue from the dining table and blew her nose. “Jessi, I’ll make you some hot tea alright? We have a fan sign tomorrow, don’t want the fans to catch the Sica-effect, do we?” Tiffany joked. “Thanks a bunch Fany-ah, I’ll miss this.” Jessica smiled bitterly and headed towards her room.

‘What did she mean by she’ll miss this? *sigh* I miss us, Sica-ah. But I guess I shouldn’t be selfish. I really want you all to myself but I can’t. Mianhae Princess.’ Taeyeon was lost in her thoughts until she remembered that the Ice Princess is sick. She rose from her seat and approached Tiffany who was busy searching for the tea packet they bought last month. “Fany-ah, I’ll make some herbal tea Eomma made for us last time and you bring it to Sica ok?”  Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and made a judging stance. “Why don’t you bring it to Jessi yourself Taeyeon-ah? Actually what happened between the two of you? You guys were so close, closer than you and me right now, even, and all of a sudden you two just..drifted apart?” Tiffany softened her voice when she saw the shorter blonde had gone quiet and hung her head low.

 “I…I don’t really know Fany-ah. Just, bring it to her, please? I’ll be good to her tomorrow. I promise.” ‘Not when even I don’t really know what happened, Fany-ah. I’ve been trying to figure it out for years now.’ Taeyeon passed by Tiffany and proceeded to make the tea. Tiffany didn’t make attempts on prying further as she knew the leader needs her own space. After a few minutes, Taeyeon placed the hot herbal tea on a tray and handed it to Tiffany. “I’ll pass this to her, but make sure you treat her well from now onwards. Or else, Tae.” Taeyeon sighed, “Okay Fany. Thanks by the way.”

 

 

A/N : made a littttleee bit change to this chap hehe. Ideas are welcomed!