CHAPTER SIX

Chasing Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“Miss Den, you’re called for by our director.” Bewildered, she stood from her seat.

She somewhat anticipated it after her assistant informed her that she had submitted the wrong report. It was the time when sulked over Mark at her cousin’s apartment when they had requested for the financial reports and the staffs under her department panicked.

Not long before she arrived in front of Mark’s door. Denisse had mastered to appear undisturbed prior to facing him. She blew the hair that covered her face, hugged the papers against her chest, and twisted the knob.

Without looking, Mark gestured her to sit first as he directed his full attention to the documents that he needed to sign.

Denisse still bowed to pay respect to him before taking her seat on the leather couch. Her eyes roamed around the room and admired how neat the place was. Though, she wasn’t surprised anymore, knowing Mark for many years of being with him, he doesn’t appreciate his room being unorganized and dirty.

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting.” He uttered rather softly that detached her from her thoughts.

“It’s okay. Here is the… ahm… right financial report director. My apologies for our mistake.” She faltered while handing the folder in her hand.

Mark immediately grabbed it and look through the accounts. She noticed his fingers drumming the table while analyzing the financial credits. She had to smile that he secretly glanced at her while pacing out.

He checked on his Cartier watch, his lips quirked up. “Want to grab some lunch?”

She gasped, but before she turned down his offer he interjected, “I won’t take no for an answer.”

He grabbed his coat and pushed the door for her.

“After you, pretty agashi.” He plastered a sweet smile that sent butterflies in her stomach.

She gave in to Mark Tuan all over again.

 

 

 

Mark slid down from the car and went inside the Seoul University to look for his sister. He already called her countless times, she wouldn’t pick up. He tried again and again as he checked every corridor in the hopes of bumping into her or maybe Jackson.

A sudden arm s his arm, but he brushed it off almost automatically. He was about to leave when the student asked something.

“Perhaps, you’re looking for someone?” She batted an eyelid, obviously trying to flirt with Mark. He cringed at how clingy she could get, even though she had seen him for the very first time.

“Is that how you behave with every guy you meet the first time?” He asked dryly. He felt disgusted already. She’s giving the bad vibes that he hated the most. A flirt.

She cleared rather awkwardly as she slowly w

Please log in to read the full chapter