CHAPTER FOUR

Chasing Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Mark, clad in his wife beater  and sweatpants, entered the dining as he sat groggily on the seat beside Roan.

“Good morning, Marky oppa.” She chirped. Mark bobbed his head as he dragged his lazy right on the chair. His inner self was still missing that he couldn't respond properly to his sister. 

She snorted, eyeing Jackson. They both share a knowing look, but chose to say nothing.

The awkward atmosphere which happened last night at the shop had reached Jackson.

“Are you friends with her?”

“Hmm?” Roan’s hands tighten around the utensils, she bit her lower lip as she tried to act unaware of what Mark was talking about.

“That girl. The one you’re with at the café, who is she?” Mark doesn’t want to let go, he really wanted to know her name.

“Denisse Lee. Den Eonni. And yes, I’m friends with her.” She admitted in surrender, Jackson looked up as he ate his meal quietly.

Mark’s lips curved upwards, contented. Denisse.

They both witness his real smile that they haven’t seen in three years. Nothing can escape in AnSon's eyes. Such a tandem.

 

 

 

 

 

Mark visited the kitchen, with his secretary tailing behind him, to check the area for any problem that may need attention.

He inspected every plate, utensils, glasses and the foods to be used for their guests and customers. Since, he believed that the customers' safety and comfort were one of the most important matters to be given focus of.

Suddenly, the area became hot for staff unknowingly as sweat trickled down from their foreheads and their hearts equally thumped harder in their chest.

The employees inside suddenly found it difficult to swallow, for they were informed on how strict and meticulous their new director could be.

The young man then walked out wordlessly in the place while they visibly exhaled in relief, Secretary Choi held a thumbs up with a grin.

Non verbally saying a job well done.

Mark sat on his chair after paying a visit in each department.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir, your father requests for your presence at lunch later.” She informed his boss, he winced.

“You think you could fill in for my place?” He blurted out, as they wait for the door of the elevator to reach their floor, which startled Hana.

“P-pardon, sir?”

“It was supposed to be a joke, Hana-ssi.” His tone was serious, so Choi Hana wasn’t able to sense that he was joking.

She managed to let out a soft chuckle. She didn’t know that her cold boss can pull a stunt like that.

She stared at his back as she hides her amusement for the Mark Tuan. I guess he can be witty at times.

 

 

 

 

 

The elevator flung open, Mark halted while looking at the female on board inside the moving platform.

Silence enveloped the place, the moment they stepped in. Denisse recoiled at how stupid she could get fo

Please log in to read the full chapter