chapter 25

My Stepbrother,My Lover

 

                     tumblr_mpzfyt6qtZ1s8fa08o1_500.gif

 

 

VIVIAN'S P.O.V.

'Oh..I didn't know that he was so close with Mr.Cheung's family,' I thought to myself.

But he don't even know Luhan, until they first met at Kelsie's sleepover party. They sure must have made friends pretty quick. Plus, I saw him at the wedding the other day.

"Good morning Luhan" he enthusiastically approached the dining table, like he owned it. I mentally laughed when Luhan just stared at him.But, I was confused at the same time. Why is Luhan mad at almost everyone?

Kris just shrugged it off and proceeded to sit in front of me, directly opposite me.

"Heeyyy, Vivian! How are you doing? Do you like it here?" he asked, taking a plate for himself and grinning widely at me.

What?! He's talking like he really owns this place! I'm soo confused right now.

"Umm..yeah" I answered, hesitantly raising my left eyebrow.

Kris chuckled lightly and continued, "You've still no idea who am I to this family right?" he asked bluntly.

 I was taken aback for a moment. I didn't expect him to be this straight-forward.

Luhan looked up from his plate, with an amused face. Amused by my stupidness, yeah.

But he was pissed off at the same time. What the hell is wrong with him?

"No, I'm-"  I started but was abruptly stopped when mom stepped into the dining hall.

"Oh, Kris is here too! Good, now all of you siblings can have breakfast together" she exclaimed, clapping her hands.

I almost choked on my food. I dropped my spoon into my bowl and stared wide-eyed at Kris. He smirked and winked at me.

What?! No! I screamed, trying to send brain signals to Kris.

"What? How is it possible?" I half screamed.

I quickly regretted saying it when everyone turned to look at me. Luhan rolled his eyes while Mr.Cheung laughed.

"I think Kris would explain it to you later" he sipped his tea and went to the lounge.

I could feel the tension in the air as I, Luhan and Kris are the only ones left.

"So Luhan, done being quiet?" Kris asked playfully.

Suddenly, Luhan stood up from his chair, making a horrible screeching noise. But he didn't seem to care. He abruptly leave the dining hall, without finishing his breakfast.

Kris turned back to look at me, "Seems like he have a bad sense of humor" he shrugged.

Woah, how can he be so cool at everything...wait, I'm still confused.

"Kris, how are you related to Mr.Cheung?"

He wiped his mouth with a cloth and stared at me, smiling.

"Luhan didn't tell you?" he asked, amusement obvious on his face.

"No, are you guys cousins?"

"Well, technically no" he said, drinking his tea.

"Then?" I asked impatiently.

"We're brothers. Well, stepbrothers." he said, without showing any emotions.

"What? How?"

"What do you mean how?" he chuckled.

"How are you guys brothers?" I asked with a 'duh' tone, like the question is too obvious.

"We're from th same father, but different mothers. I thought Luhan must have told you" he raised his eyebrows.

Then it hit me. Yes, Luhan told me everything, the other day, at the lake. He was crying and broken. He told me about how he was not born for Mr.Cheung's wife, but his brother. And that she died of childbirth and his grandmother rejected him. And his grandmother took his brother away to China and that all this time he was living a lie. I remembered him telling me how much he hated his father for lying to him and how much he hated his brother, without a specific reason.

 Now I do understand why Luhan is so mad at Kris.

So that means, I have another stepbrother???

"Yeah, he told me about you" I blurted out once the memories came flooding back.

"Nothing good, I perhaps" he said, nonchalantly.

I smiled, "He's still angry about everything that happened. We should give him some time." I stood up to go to the kitchen, but as expected, one of the maids quickly came to my side and took the plates.

I sighed an sat down back on my chair.

Kris smirked, "still not used to this rich life?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Hey, do you know that there's a beautiful garden behind the house? Have you been there?" he asked out of the blue.

"No, I didn't explore this house yet" I giggled.

"Follow me, I'll show you"

He led me into the garden and we sat on a bench nearby.

"This is so beautiful. How come I didn't notice this right away?" I took in the beautiful surrounding.

article-1189560-05232FAB000005DC-229_468

"So, where do you live Kris?" I started a conversation.

"I'm living somewhere near the college. Dad was actually hiding me from Luhan, until he, you know, spilled the beans. I'm still gonna probably live there cause dad said it's not a good idea for me to live here, seeing Luhan's anger haven't subsided yet" he said.

"What had Luhan told about me?" Kris looked at my face for an answer.

"umm, he said he hates you and you basically ruined his life and stuffs" I said, straight to the point.

He laughed and said, "so I'm the bad guy here"

"Well I don't think you're one" I said, almost immediately.

He looked at me, questioningly.

"Look, I know it's not his fault that his life turned out this way, but it's not yours either. I understand the situation. He's blinded by the anger and betrayal that he can't see who's wrong and who's right. Everything must have happened for a reason.He tend to see the negative side of everything, neglecting the positives. He just needs time. As people say, 'time heals everything' " I gave a pat on his shoulder.

He stared at me for a few seconds, and blurted, "Wow, I'm impressed. Such a wise mind should be cherished" he joked.

I pretended to be mad and punched his ribcage. He yelped out loudly that I covered his mouth with my palm so that no one hears us. Once I took my palm away we laughed hard together.

I looked at my right when I heard a rustling noise. I saw someone standing behind a tall bush. Once he realised I saw him, he turned around and walked away. I looked closely and saw that the person was wearing a light blue shirt.

Luhan?

Was he eavesdropping on us?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Kris took my hand. His hands felt cold against mine.

Suddenly, I missed the warmth of Luhan's hands.

"Let's go inside and join them" he said.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................

We went into the lounge and found mom and Mr.Cheung on the couch, discussing about something. Then, in came Luhan, siting on the opposite side of the couch. He narrowed his eyes at our interwined hands. I quickly jerked my hand from Kris, leaving Kris confused of my action.

"Hey children, go pack your stuffs. We're going out" Mr.Cheung suddenly said.

"Where dad?" Kris sounds excited.

"We're going to the theme park and then to picnic" mom said enthusiastically.

"We've decided that you kids should have some fun" Mr.Cheung added.

"Dad, we're not kids anymore, but this idea sounds exciting. Come on Vivian, it'll be fun" Kris put an arm around my shoulders.

"Luhan, go and get ready" Mr.Cheung said.

But Luhan wasn't paying any attention to his dad. His eyes were on me. My shoulders. I saw a hint of jealousy in his eyes as he bore his into mine.

I awkwardly shifted when my phone started ringing sudddenly.

I gulped when I saw the caller's ID.

It's Kelsie.

Why do I keep on forgetting about her???

Then an idea struck me. I need to explain all of these to Kelsie. So why can't she join us? It would be convenient for me.

"Mom can I bring Kelsie with us, please. I haven't seen her in days." I pleaded, hoping for my mon to say yes.

She looked at Mr.Cheung and he nodded, "Okay, I"ll send her my car. Just give her address to my driver"

"Thank you Mr.Cheung" I said, hiding my exploding happiness.

I sent her a message and went upstairs to pack my stuffs. But just before I could enter my room, my arms were pulled roughly and I came face to face with Luhan.

"So he's much more important to you now, right? He's the one you believe more, right? What are you trying to do, huh? Do you like seeing me jealous? Do you like it when I'm vulnerable?" his voice was full of hatred and jealousy.

"Luh-" I didn't even finish my sentence when he let go of my arm harshly and went into his room, shutting the door hardly behind him.

I stood there, dumbfounded and shocked about what just happened. I didn't mean to piss him off. Kris was trying to be friendly towards me.

I could feel the tears prickling my eyes.

Why is it so difficult?...

...........................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for not updating for quite a while. Was busy with school stuffs.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter and thank you to my lovely subscribers and beloved readers!! ^_^

And sorry for the boring chapter. I'm kinda exhausted. I promise I'll write a better one tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I do not own any pictures.

                Credits to the rightful owners :)