The Girl meets The Boy

Entangled

The usual morning started again. First, i will be waken up by our maid. Next, I'll have my breakfast. And this time, i'll eat alone because my mom went early for some sort of meeting. After, I'll prepare for school then our butler will drive me off to school with the same black car.

Now, i'm in Fourth year high school, section 4-a at the Kaburagi integrated high where only kids from influencial families can enter.

    "Ohayo Gozaimasu, Inoue!" Elena is always waiting for me outside our classroom, on that exact very place wearing her cute smile that everyone loves.

    "Ohayo, Elena. You've got some news for me?" I asked with a smile.

    "Naaahh.... i'm sorry. "

 

We always talked on the hallway before classes start because Elena's Section is different from mine. Her section is 4-b just the room next to ours.

    "Say, Inoue, Did you know that your BOYFRIEND is coming next month? hehe i mean, he'll be transferred here."

    "HUH?! i don't have any boyfriend! what are you talking about? i mean WHO is that boyfriend of mine? eh?"

    "our childhood friend who've always had a crush on you and now became the famous singer" Elena blinked at me. and that gives me shivers.

    "w-who is it?..........oh! you mean.....yuya? wha--you know... he never had a crush on me and I know it."

    Elena just smiled when the school bell rang. The classes will start alread so Elena has to go to her classroom already.

 

    our break has just started so Elena and i went to the cafeteria.  Everywhere i Go, the crowd gathers really quick and I hate it. I'm just a normal person too, you know? and not aphrodite from the greek gods.

   After buying some french breads and some packed salads, we went immediately to the rooftop, where students are prohibited. But for me, it's my base wherein no one can enter, except me and Elena. Elena knew already my reason why i would like to spend my break on the rooftop and not on the cafeterieria. Before, when i told her about that ever sine we were kids, i thought she would hate me for  being bossy or picky, but then, it turned out to be that she's glad because her bestfriend's a NORMAL person.

       "By the way, Inoue, later after classes, i may not be able to be with you because i will be fetched early by my mom. She says there was a party i must attend to." It's obvious that she's not agreeing with her mother about her going to that party.

      "It's okay, I must learn how to stand up for myself too, you know? don't worry. I, Inoue Mao, will be walking with my head facing forward. But Then, is that party that you're going to attend to is THAT important? why do you have to be fetched early?"

      "I guess it's the birthday of the person.......i will be marrying."

Now i remember, she already had someone she will be marrying in the future. Their parents agreed over them but then, even though the guy she will be marrying likes her, she doesn't like him in that way back. I remmember before, she cried when she told about that whole fixed marriage thing.

 

        The School bell rang that signals everyone that break's over already and i hate it's timing because Elena seems like she has something that she wants to tell me. GRRRR. stupid school bell.

 

        Classes have ended already, and i am walking the hallways alone while the crowd watches me, and i don't know wethere they talking about me or not. and if it is, i hope it's a positive thing.

         When i reached outside, the usual black car is waiting for me and drove me home already.

         When i reached our house, or rather our mansion, one unusual thing is happened-mom just arrived minutes earlier and looked so tense. Then mom showed me 2 dresses.

        

     "Inoue, hurry and pick what you would like to wear"

i picked the blue one instead of the red velvet one, i guess it's color is just too mature for me. The dress i picked is a ruffled tube on top with a balloon skirt. After i have changed my outfit, my mom and i rushed outside and entered.......a black limousine-and that is one unusual thing because i hate riding that flashy eye-catching car.

The car headed to a high-end restaurant. when we entered the restaurant, we went upstairs where there were only two people that seem to be waiting for us.

         "Inoue Mao, meet mrs. Miura, with his son, Haruma Miura."

         "Pleased to meet you, miss Inoue." He offered his hand in front of me and i thought he wants to shake hands with me as a sign of politeness but instead, he kissed my hand. I think i blushed at that time because because i felt something warm on my cheeks.

 

I Don't know what's happening. I just found myself sitting on a table of four persons- me and my mom, and a guy with dark hair and eyes with his mom. We ate Italian food while our moms are talking to each other. But then, i can't bear Haruma's eyes. he just kept staring at me the whole time. His eyes are just too dark and when our eyes met, he just......smiled. Crap, this guy in front of me is just too handsome and he's the type that girls are fantasizing-and i will promise to myself that i am not one of them.

after our moms finished talking to each other, they both faced us.

      "This person in front of you will be the one you will be marrying in the future." said to me by his mom with a smile.

       "Please get along, we will leave the both of you for the moment so you, yourselves can know about each other."

     "Erm..... But... Wait--" i uttered my words too late for it to be heard by my mom. Maybe, because of shock.

When i faced him, i realized that he was just smiling at me. A suspicious smile, that is. I kept my head down. I don't know anything. really. Then he stood up and sat on the chair beside me. I still didn't face him. I don't know, It's just that i'm nervous in some sort of reason id do not know. I realized that he IS still facing me with that smile. after that, i felt his hand touched my cheek and his finger felt my lips. He made me face him, and after that, something outrageously weird happened--he kissed me. A kiss from a stranger, that is.