Baby Step

Failed From The Very Beginning

" you."
"Mind that b*tchiness in you or I would make you pack your bags and leave this place."
"Look at who's using explicit language on me right now."
"In case you didnt get a single word of my warning into your thick skull just now, show some respect to your superior or you can kiss your job goodbye. Your immaturity would prove to be useless in the long run."
"Such an irony when it is apparently useful enough to piss off someone who's standing in front of my face right now. And you dont deserve my respect because I AM packing my bags and leaving this place. Oh and there is no need to see me out the door. Have a very nice day."
Sunny fumed as she stepped out into the cool night and glared with hatred at the building she called 'office' for the past one and a half years. How dare her agency blame their most valued employee for something she could not prevent? It certainly was not her fault that she killed the target when she was not supposed to. Just because she prioritised her life over a mission. Just because her life was being compromised when the target unexpectedly held up a gun to her face and she chose to save herself by killing the target. In fact, how would she leave the mission unscathed and bring the target to the agency, be it dead or alive if she were to let herself get killed? It seemed really brainless of her agency to blame her and certainly would ruin its reputation of a top agency if word got out.

"ARGH I HATE MY LIFE!"

Desperately needing a booze, Sunny entered the bar opposite the agency to get herself a tequila to quell the now b anger and dull the realization that she was now jobless.

********
Streetfighting had never been an option all through Taeyeon's life. Taeyeon had absolutely shunned the very notion of earning money in an underground kind of way as the only way to earn it would be to get people's blood on her hands. But look where has life got her now, Taeyeon thought. She could not even borrow money from a loanshark or loan money from a bank as she would never be able to return it. Getting a job was also a far-reached option when she could only get a job as a cleaner with her meagre education. Her mother had already abandoned her long ago when she made up her mind to pursue her career in town instead of bringing up her only child. Now, as the CEO of a major bank, her mother was probably thinking of how to make her next big money of the day with her only child long forgotten. And her father would be screwing another one of his flings in pure daylight. Taeyeon cringed in disgust with the very thought of her dad's He was a good for nothing dad who did not contribute to the household in any way, but Taeyeon still felt a part of her thanking him for the knowledge of fighting that her dad had instilled in her since 7. An alcohol addict, her dad had got into fights every now and then, but left unscathed each time with his immense skills in fighting. On the rare days when he was sober, he had taught Taeyeon every single skill and knowhow which was gained through experience. At least he had done something as a father, Taeyeon thought bitterly, though she did not know that what he had taught her would come in handy until now. Life was so full of plot twists that one would not even know what would happen the next second, quote to everyone out there. With that, Taeyeon squared her shoulders and held up her head to show her first opponent what she was made of as a streetfighter.

*****************

Taeyeon's POV
Cheers could be heard and the strong stench of alcohol hit me as I entered the bar where I am suppposed to fight at. A small grin made its way onto my face as I thought of how my efforts had paid off the last few days. I have been desperately cruising around the neighbourhood on my alcoholic father's beat up motorcycle and had found this bar tucked away discretely behind an unused shophouse. My grin grew wider as I realised how there was little chance for the police to accuse the place of carrying out illegal fights just based on how it was located away from the public. There was already 2 men in the fighting ring and I could feel anticipation and hope building up in me at the thought of destroying either one of them in the fighting ring and earning big bucks from doing so.
"Hey if you haven't noticed yet you have come to the wrong place."
Spinning around, i could see that a man who was probably in his twenties was giving me a lopsided smile.
"What makes you think that way?"
"Well we haven't had many females in here and if you came here for a drink you should get out of here as this is a fighting bar."
I laughed as I could see that he was probably stereotyping me. "I understood u the first time. Where can i sign up anyways?"

"And now ladies and gentlemen, we have......Black.......versus.....T!!!!!" 
I decided to settle on T when I was choosing a name as I did not want to give away information about myself in this new and unfamiliar place. Black was obviously a seasoned fighter as I could hear people cheering for him and disapproval and boos as I walked up to the ring. Looking around, I saw that the man from earlier was smirking at me from the croud and I secretly mouthed to him to bet on me if he wanted to earn himself some cash tonight. Walking on, I could see that Black looked like a bodybuilder and he was giving me the finger while jeering at me with his cronies. I snickered. But could he really match up to me in terms of skills?
----------
Black obviously had the advantage over me as a male who was far superior than me in terms of both height and weight but he had underestimated me as I was of the opposite gender. 
I barely dodged his fast snap-punch to my ribs by jumping sideways, losing my form for a millisecond. In return, i gave him an uppercut which he dodged in the nick of time and he swung his muscle laden arm at my chest. I winced in pain and tried to dodge the combination that he was executing on me. However this time, instead of just evading his attacks, I faked a gut-punch on his left side before landing a kick on his side. Not giving him time to regain his composure, I immediately threw a hard right hook before getting rewarded with the sight of him doubling over.
I had expected Black to catch his breath for a moment, but his sudden and unexpected punch to my temple caused me to snap my head back in shock and pain. Rage and desire for revenge immediately dulled the pain and I snapped my head back to its original position before landing a blow to his jewels and connecting his face with my elbow simultaneously, causing him to sprawl backwards onto the floor. Apparently, there were no rules in the ring so there was no need to play it fair. Wiping back my drool, I could not help but relish the moment of victory.
Cheers from drunken viewers pulled me back to reality as I glanced at the man momentarily, not feeling a slightest ounce of pity for him. Smiling, I felt a little bit of peace and serenity which I have not experienced ever since everything went wrong with my life but it was soon dimmed with the sharp pain from my ribs. Collecting my winnings, I could see the guy winking at me from afar and gave a thumbs up. Stumbling out, I could not wait to get home to make myself my first decent meal in a long time but the last thing i could account for was the darkness that I felt before crumpling onto the sidewalk outside the bar.

*******

Onemoresojuplease....just one more..." Sunny flailed her arms about, trying to get the bartender to understand her inaudible mumbling.

She had originally planned to just have a bottle of tequilla but who knew it tasted so good?

"Sorry miss. We are closed for the day."

"I SAID ONE MORE SOJU DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!" Sunny bawled at the top of her lungs which caused the other employees who were cleaning up the bar to stare at her.

"Sorry but we are not permitted to sell any more alcohol after the closing hours so if you do not leave I would call security."

"I SAID I WANT MORE SOJU OR-"

A moment later, Sunny found herself in the arms of a security guard and out into the streets a second later.

"WAIT I WANT JUST ONE MORE SIP OF SOJU!"

"I am sorry but you are now banned from our bar for disrupting our employees." The bang of the backdoor could be heard as the security guard shut the door in Sunny's face.

" EVERYONE!" Sunny yelled again, hurling her second expletive of the night.