Coincidence(?) Fate(?)

Failed From The Very Beginning
"Yuri-ah, are you done with your work yet?"
 
"5 mins. Why?"
 
"Can you accompany me to that place again?"
 
"The bar?" For once, Yuri looked up from her computer and stared at Sunny who was fidgetting on the balls of her feet incredulously.
 
"I could distinctly recalling a certain midget whining about how she did not want to visit that place because it creeped her out." Yuri smirked and balanced her glasses on the tip of her nose.
 
"Just wanted to see that T guy again. And I am still growing for your information. So are you going with me?" Impatient Sunny had just made her presence.
 
"Let me grab Yoona and let's go." Picking up her jacket, Yuri nudged Sunny a tad bit roughly and laughed maniacly as Sunny flipped her the finger.
 
For some reason the guy who had called himself T had bothered Sunny all the time, even when she was on the drug dealer mission. What is so special about that puny kid that had made Sunny lose her sleep? Could it be because that little guy was able to beat the out of a guy who was about 2 times bigger? Certainly not. Sunny had seen better. But one thing is for certain. This guy had reminded her of the very woman who had infested most of Sunny's thoughts. Today, she would find out the answer to why her thoughts were mostly about the T guy.
**********
Once again, Sunny focused on T's back rather than the fight. The unusual flexibility of T's spine as he bent backwards to avoid his opponent's punch from connecting with his face. The milky white skin of T as his hoodie rode up as he swung his feet at his opponent's hip, briefly showing a very thin waist. The strange bump in T's chest which were probably exceptionally defined pectoral muscles. By the end of the fight in which one could probably guess the winner, Sunny had initially thought that she would get her answers. That night however, Sunny quietly followed T with her eyes as he made his way out of the bar unannounced, clearly not in the mood to celebrate his win.
 
One thing Sunny could not account for was the fact that she had ended up with more questions than answers.
 
For example, what was T's real identity?
 
Why had he concealed his face and body with the hoodie?
 
Why had he not stayed to maybe get a drink, celebrating?
 
As Sunny drove the already drunk-making out Yoonyul home, she knew that she would be unable to sleep tonight.
**********
Footsteps. Scuffles. Taeyeon knew that she was being followed.
 
Calmly, she quickened her pace and hid behind the wall just around the corner, hoping to catch the stalker off guard.
 
As expected, he was dumb enough to walk straight in her trap and Taeyeon saw his eyes widen at the sudden ambush. However, it was soon replaced with an evil glint as he took out a knife and attempted to swing it at Taeyeon blindly.
 
Nuh-uh. Not today.
 
Taeyeon smoothly evaded the stalker and punched him straight in the face, causing his nose to be bent at an awkward angle.
 
"OWWWWWW DAMN YOU !"
 
"Thanks but no thanks." Taeyeon kicked the man on his baby-making machine, causing the man to sprawl back, holding his man jewels.
 
Lastly, she delivered a swing to the side of his head, knocking the stalker unconscious.
 
"Was he ordered to kill me...?"
 
The question seemed a little far-fetched and thus, Taeyeon dismissed it and headed off to Sooyoung's office.
*******
"May I see Choi Sooyoung please?" Taeyeon asked the front-desk receptionist.
 
"Did you make an appointment with the CEO?" The receptionist raised an eyebrow.
 
Taeyeon smirked as she was clearly new to the job. Dialing Sooyoung's number, Taeyeon could not wait to see the woman's face as Sooyoung got on the line.
 
"Yes Ms Choi....I'm sorry Ms Choi.....Yes I would let her into your office immediately."
 
Giving back the phone, Taeyeon could see that the receptionist's face had turned a few shades of red as she meekly led Taeyeon into Sooyoung's office.
"Woah. I have never seen you so...into your work before."  Taeyeon could not even see Sooyoung as her face was totally covered by the huge amount of papers on her desk.
 
"Nah. I already dumped those pieces of crap like an hour ago. Want some pizza?" Sooyoung's voice did not seem to be coming from her desk.
 
"What the hell Sooyoung i thought that you were working on those papers at your desk, not on the sofa eating!" 
 
"Well work is work, food is food." Sooyoung chomped on her pizza and motioned to Taeyeon to get her over to the sofa.
 
"You sounded pretty urgent on the phone just now. What is it?" Sooyoung asked with concern  while gulping down her coke.
 
"There was this person stalking me and he was holding a knife and-"
 
"WHAT! WHY DIDN'T YOU PHONE THE POLICE OR ANYONE TO HELP YOU! ARE YOU HURT?" Sooyoung tried to reach for Taeyeon to see whether she sustained any injuries but was shooed away by Taeyeon as a result.
 
"STOP GROPING ME YOU BYUN-MINDED PERSON! As I was trying to say before someone decided to cut me off," Taeyeon glared at Sooyoung, "I knocked him unconscious and took care of that matter."
 
"Expected for someone who wins fights every single time." Sooyoung was now looking for crumbs in the pizza box before taking out another box of pizza.
 
"CAN'T YOU GIVE SOME CREDIT TO ME FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF YOUR FOOD! I EVEN HAD A NEAR BRUSH WITH DEATH!"
 
"You do not have any injuries so you are probably fine. So are you going to treat me to fried chicken at that newly opened place down the street?" Sooyoung was now giving Taeyeon her doleful puppy eyes look that Taeyeon could not help resist. 
 
"I can't believe I even called you my friend when you clearly only care about your food." How Sooyoung acted so calmly when Taeyeon told her that she was nearly being killed was beyond her.
 
"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME!" Sooyoung exclaimed in a sing-song voice.
 
"STOP IT! YOU SOUND LIKE A DYING COW!"
 
"WHATEVER! DINNER'S ON YOU!"
 
"Geez, I didn't think that CEOs would be this immature and childish in front of food." Taeyeon said to no one in particular loudly.
 
"I HEARD THAT KIM TAEYEON!"
*******
Sunny knew something was up the moment her phone beeped in the middle of the night. 
 
"Head to headquarters asap. The director has something for you."
 
The director and Sunny had an affinity that went way back when he had discovered and rescued Sunny. When she was about 15, as Sunny returned from highschool with a close friend, she heard her parents arguing. As usual. Thinking that there was nothing serious about it as it was a daily occurence, Sunny went about her chores as usual. However, when Sunny walked by her parents' room, she accidentally overheard her parents arguing about a certain subject that would change her life forever.
 
"I AM TELLING YOU. THAT CHILD DOES NOT HAVE A PLACE IN THE HOUSEHOLD. JUST BECAUSE APPA HAD ARRANGED A MARRIAGE FOR THE BOTH OF US, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR KID FROM ANOTHER FLING IS MINE! I ONLY KEPT MY MOUTH SHUT BECAUSE APPA WOULD COLLAPSE IF HE KNEW THAT YOUR CHILD'S FATHER IS NOT ME! I DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THIS CHILD AS MINE NOW THAT APPA IS DEAD!" Her father's anger could be heard throughout the entire house.
 
"No...please don't do this...Sunkyu is still young and we can't possibly abandon her-"
 
"No? NO? How am I going to deal with this embarassment of me raising a child from one of your adventures huh? DO YOU VIEW ME AS THAT TYPE OF PERSON HUH? Throw her out or abandon her in some brothel for all I care or I shall personally see to it that your life is destroyed. Your career that you have worked so hard for? I can make it disappear in just a second. I can even make you stay at home and satisfy me. I can do it with you so many times that you would beg to be killed instead. So...it is your turn now woman. Throw that child out or I shall destroy you."
 
Sunny did not stop to hear her mother's answer as she immediately ran out of her house, ignoring all of the guards that were on night-duty who were calling out to her to stop. The farther away from her father, the better. Sunny did not even know where she was going, and her feet was starting to ache from running barefoot.
 
Her father. The very person she had looked up to. The only person in her life she could pour out all her woes to knowing that she could get much needed advice. The fatherly figure who had vowed to love and protect her to the ends of this world. The daddy that would check under her bed for monsters when she got nightmares.
 
How can he do this? Were those memories shared with me forgotten a long time ago? Where's the daddy who had made a pinky promise as she sat breathless in the snow when she was 5, saying that she was the love of her life?
 
No. That was a monster who was threatening her mother. Her father was probably in town working. But, monsters could not possibly talk in her father's voice right? Her father was there, in her parents' room, threatening her mother to throw out her daughter from a one night stand or he would destroy her life.
 
No. I must make myself disappear from their lives entirely. My father hates me. And I must not drag my mother down with me. I am the cause of it all. Everything must be blamed on me and me only. This is the only way my father's hate for me would disappear right? My mother would get over me soon. Yes. I must never see them again.
 
Sunny was already devastated and lightheaded when she felt herself being carried by an unknown stranger. She did not even worry about what the stranger was going to do with her. If they wanted to kill her, so be it. She already had no reason to be living on anyway. However, she found herself in a hospital of a building which she later found out was named the National Intelligence Agency. Her home and workplace for the next 7 years. And she soon found out that the stranger was to be her director.
 
 
"I wonder what Ryeowook wants in the middle of the night?"
 
Sunny stripped and relaxed once the water from the shower flowed down her body. Choosing an all-black outfit as any other day, Sunny headed out to her motorcycle before roaring through the city, in the direction of the agency.
*******
"Come in."
 
Sunny entered the director's office and sat down on the sofa without waiting for his permission.
 
"Still as ignorant as always, I see."
 
"So, what so important for me to come here sleep deprived, Ryeowook oppa?"
 
The director was young for his high end position(only a few years older than Sunny), and had a very handsome face which never fell short of suitors. Most of all, Ryeowook was one of the most trusted friends of Sunny in the agency, not that she had many.
 
"I have a very important job for you, which i need you to handle very carefully as it involves protecting a person."
 
"It seems that my resume had not said anything about offering protection services." Sunny said grimely as she was not very keen on the idea of watching out for someone else's life other than herself.
 
 
"This person that you are supposed to be protecting is not a normal person Sunkyu-ah. If anything falls short on your part, she will fall into the hands of a very deadly assassin that the agency is after for years. Though we do not exactly know what had triggered the assassin to put the person you are to be protecting as a target, it makes it easier for us to nab the assassin as well as to protect his target. However, if you are unwilling to do it, I can't force you but I hope you will consider this seeing that this is very important to me." 
 
Sunny looked at Ryeowook's pained expression and suddenly realised that she owed him for rescuing her.
 
Without a second thought, Sunny had agreed to the job before she could sstop herself.

"I will take on this job."
 
"Really? Thank you very much Sunkyu-ah."
*******
Sunny could barely sleep as she thought of the job that she had agreed to take on.
 
It had seem like a risk, but Ryeowook was an oppa she can't abandon in times of need, adding onto the fact that she was alive due to him. She would not hesitate to sacrifice herself for him.
 
Curious to see the face of the woman whom she had to protect from tomorrow onwards, Sunny reached for the thick file that she had been given and flipped to the woman's profile.
 
All at once, Sunny felt a vice like grip clenching her heart and her blood running cold at the mention of her name.
 
"Kim. Tae. Yeon."
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: So.....I hoped you enjoyed the chapter cuz I had such a hard time piecing everything together so that everything's organised and not verbal diarrhea(not really verbal but yep). rmb to comment and subscribe(i feel so thickskinned but hey an author has got to do what she has to do rite?) Thks to those upvoters and subscibers and commenters and viewers anyways!!!!
 
-author