WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!

Failed From The Very Beginning

Everything looked hazy and everything was being inverted.

Taeyeon could sense that something was amiss even before she opened her eyes as she could feel the soft bedcovers under her sore body. It did not even remotely feel like the unpadded and thin mattress in her room which would leave her groaning in pain every night she slept on it. Almost in relief, Taeyeon was prepared to sink back into the covers before the sudden realization that it was not her bed caused her to bolt awake and onto the floor.

Sunny had always slept in till late afternoons on Sundays, utterly spent after carrying out a mission the night before. However, the overwhelming need to do something for the unknown stranger who was in her bedroom unconscious was far sronger than sleep. Hence she had reluctantly left the comfort of her bed to check on the stranger. The first time she noticed the stranger on the side walk was when she was prepared to go home after getting forced out of the bar. Sunny had thought that the stranger was male then, as the stranger was wearing a baggy hoodie and she was already under the hazy influence of alcohol. Thus, when Sunny had been sober and went to check on the stranger, she was surprised to see a lady who was stunningly pretty and pale skinned, and seemed to be not more than 25 years old. Sunny chuckled as she could not help but laugh at how she did not realise that the stranger weighed far less than an average guy as she carried the stranger home last night. She must have been pretty drunk to not notice that she was carrying a female home.

Leaning closer, Sunny noticed that there were dark bruises and scratches forming all over the lady's body as if she had been in a fight. Genuinely concerned if there were other hidden injuries which might need immediate medical attention,  Sunny gently lifted her shirt to check for more injuries and gasped internaĺly at the blue and purple hues that were dotting her abs and ribs area. "How can such a pretty stranger get so many injuries?" Sunny muttered to herself as she ran her hands over the stranger's baby-soft skin with the ointment that she had kept for herself each time she came back with injuries from a mission. When her hand moved to the ribs, the stranger involuntarily let out a whine which made Sunny stop immediately. "Did she break her ribs...?" Fearing that she might hurt the stranger further, Sunny gave up on the medicine and went to the kitchen to prepare food as well as to bring down the mixture of unknown feelings that she previously felt when she touched the stranger. Even her heart was going miles per minute and Sunny started to feel lightheaded.
"I can't possibly start to like her right?"
"It can't be love at first sight right? She is just a random stranger...?"
But a very pretty one, her subconscious said.
"But I just touched her and we are both girls right? Why the hell am I acting this way?"
Fustrated, Sunny stirred the soup in the pot even harder, causing some of it to spill onto the tabletop. 
"Aish, it must be the after effect of the alcohol. I shouldn't drink so much again." Sunny justified before she heard a shrill scream from her bedroom and ran upstairs again.

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" It was the last thing Sunny heard before she out.

*********

"For some reason, my brain feels like scrambed eggs and mashed potatoes."

Sunny used all her willpower to force her eyelids open before letting out a gasp with the sight of the beautiful stranger in front of her.

"Since when were there beautiful ladies in heaven?" 

Sunny grinned before laying back onto the floor to admire the eye-candy in front of her.

Wait, the floor???!!!!
All of a sudden, the memory of a book flying at her head rushed back to her as the pounding in her ears continued to become louder.
"YOU! WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE AM I?!" Sunny rubbed her eyes and gaped at the screaming stranger.

"You sure know how to use your vocal cords to make someone deaf."

"YAH! CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY AM I HERE?" Taeyeon screamed once again.

"You should thank me for rescuing you first," Sunny sighed before explaining last night's incidents in bits and pieces.

"Oh..."

"Can you at least tell me your name in return for rescuing you?" 

"I'm...Taeyeon." Taeyeon felt her heart drop as she revealed her name as the stranger in front of her might be a kidnapper. She had never once voluntarily told her name to anyone she had just met and now she had done just exactly that. Where did the secretive Taeyeon go in front of this stranger? Mentally bashing herself, Taeyeon shrunk back more into the dark shadows of the room. 

"Um...and I'm Sunny." Agents like Sunny were not supposed to reveal their names for security purposes but technically, Sunny was no longer an agent since yesterday after being fired. 
She looks harmless enough anyways so telling my name won't hurt right..?, Sunny's subconscious whispered again.
It took a few moments for Sunny to realise that Taeyeon was already exiting through the door and Sunny already felt a sense of emptiness for some unknown reason.
"Hey where are you going?"

"Back to my home of course. Why?"

"But you are not healed yet!"

"How did.." Taeyeon was about to ask how Sunny knew that she had injuries when the pain suddenly knocked out her breath. Wincing, she felt her ribs pushing against each other, causing another wave of sharp pain. 

"TAEYEON!" Sunny screamed but was only answered with silence as Taeyeon had already crumpled to the floor from weakness and pain.
*******
"We really should stop fainting so frequently." 

Taeyeon heard a woman speaking beside her. Gingerly, she opened her eyes to take in the sight of a doctor who was writing something down on the clipboard.

"She's awake!" The same voice from beside her spoke again, prompting the doctor to look up from his clipboard to check on Taeyeon. Turning her head sideways, Taeyeon's eyes widened as she saw the same woman from the house looking at her with concern.

"What is she doing here?"

"Oh, Sunny was the one who brought you in to the ER and she has been sitting beside you since last night," The doctor absentmindedly, already diverting his attention back to the clipboard.

"Oh..and Taeyeon, do you know that you are not taking in enough nutrients? It might be difficult for your body to recover if it continues so please take care of yourself." The doctor added before exiting the room.

"Do you feel better now? Do you want to eat something?" Sunny asked, already making her way out of the room to get food.

"Why did you save me when I collapsed just now?"

"...I was just feeling nice and decided to help someone who was obviously in need of help?" Sunny replied with a tinge of annoyance at Taeyeon completely ignoring her question.

"I am not even your relative or your lover, why are you acting so nice to me? Do you have some motive or something?" Taeyeon probed again.

"IS IT WRONG FOR SOMEONE TO BE NICE TO A COMPLETE STRANGER SOMETIMES? FOR ONCE, I ACT NICE TO A NOBODY AND THIS IS WHAT I GET. You know what? I would just make myself scarce."

Sunny had already been listless from the lack of sleep and Taeyeon's questions had triggered her anger even further and she had unknowingly lashed out at Taeyeon. The guilt however, was back instantly as she caught a glance of Taeyeon huddling even further into the blanket at the menancing tone of her words when she left the room and Sunny regretted her outburst even more. However, Taeyeon's questions soon came flashing back to her as Sunny contemplated it. The point is, even Sunny herself did not know why she saved Taeyeon willingly. The Sunny who was a full time agent would be too coldhearted to even give a heck about a stranger who passed out on the sidewalk or in her very own house. That Sunny would most likely drag the body out and leave it beside some dumpster for all she cared. So why was she helping Taeyeon now? One could not simply explain the panic and worry she felt when Taeyeon suddenly fainted due to her ribs and how she might not pull through the night.

"It could not be due to me starting to like her right?"

Then how do you explain all those butterflies you felt while talking to Taeyeon? her subconscious mocked.

"SCREW THIS! I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" Sunny calmed herself mentally before returning back to Taeyeon's ward with the food.

********

Sunny's shock was written all over her face as she arrived at the reception counter panting and breathless.

"WHERE IS THE PATIENT IN WARD 356?!"