Jinri

Failed From The Very Beginning

Jinri. Lee Jinri.

Honestly, Taeyeon had thought that the agent was Sunny. Even Jinri's voice had sounded similar to Sunny's. The height similarity was even more obvious. 

But Taeyeon knew that she would immediately kick the agent out once she knew it was Sunny. The very day when she escaped from the hospital, Taeyeon already felt heavily in debt because of Sunny's kindness and had no idea how to repay her. And thus she had ran away from it though she knew it was a cowardly thing to do. If Sunny was really the agent who was supposed to be protecting her, Taeyeon knew that she would feel even more indebted as Sunny would have to risk her life in order to protect hers.

However, the Sunny who she had met one year ago did not seem like an agent. Agents were not supposed to reveal their names for the sake of confidentiality. Sunny had revealed hers. All of a sudden, Taeyeon felt as if a stone has been lifted off her shoulders. She knew that being an agent is a dangerous job as they constantly had to put their lives on stake to hunt down fugitives and criminals. And the fact that Sunny was not one of them had made Taeyeon relieved.

"Wait. Why am I feeling relieved for a mere stranger?"

"And why am I thinking about others when the guy that I spoke to said that I was in danger?"

*********

Sunny was about to doze off when she heard the jingle of keys from outside. Irritated that Taeyeon had probably forgotten about going out with an agent at all times, Sunny quickly put on her mask before rushing outside.

"Taeyeon ssi. My superior had told you to always leave the house with an agent to maximize your safety. Did you forget?"

"I am just going down to buy food."

"Still it is important that you are with me at all times."

"Why are you wearing a mask when you clearly do not have a cold?"

Sunny mentally facepalmed when Taeyeon had ignored her question just like the time when Taeyeon was in hospital. Oh well, old habits die hard.

"Taeyeon ssi. Please do not leave your house without me in the future as I have the responsibility of ensuring your safety."

"Fine. But you have not answered me just now. Why are you wearing a mask?"

"Oh um.....you see, I have a.....cough." Sunny faked a cough while replying awkwardly.

"I hope you get well soon, Jinri ssi."

No other words were exchanged as the 2 women walked to the cafe before Taeyeon decided to break the silence between them.

"You know, you remind me of someone that helped me before."

Sunny visibly paled as Taeyeon might remember her.

"I understand Taeyeon ssi. I have been mistaken for someone else before due to my common-looking face."

You did a good job Sunkyu-ah. You must never tell her your real name. It's best if she does not remember you.

However, Sunny still felt that she made a wrong move despite the voice inside her head praising her.

"Oh sorry. I must have mistaken her for you. And, can we please drop the formalities? How old are you?"

"I am 22."

"Wow I am the same age as you!"

"You look much younger than your age though," Sunny said not believing her age but Taeyeon's files have proved that she was not lying.

"Is that an insult or compliment?" Taeyeon answered while laughing her ahjumma laugh.

"Take it any way you like."

"Wow you are no fun."

"That is why I am not fun at parties."

Both of them laughed, and became much closer to each other unconsciously.

********
I could get used to this.

Jinri was surprisingly cheerful and bubbly, and was a great help in the kitchen. It made Taeyeon forget about the dangers that she was in as Jinri joked around with her. 

Jinri had made her feel safe by spending time with her, and Taeyeon had enjoyed these moments more than she should.

However, the facial mask that Jinri wore 24/7 was bugging her to no end. It was not like Jinri had an oddly-shaped chin or jaw. 

Even when Taeyeon had tried to talk Jinri into removing her mask, she had always changed the subject and Taeyeon did not want to risk her relationship with the agent by pressing her. In addition, by respecting Jinri's privacy, she was also able to keep her own dark secret.

So far, Jinri did not seem to be aware of what she was working as. Even if she knew, she did not mention anything about her being a streetfighter.

Streetfighting was illegal, and Taeyeon did not want anyone except Sooyoung to find out she was working as one. The last thing she wanted was Jinri to find out, which could make her lose her source of income and put her behind bars.

I have worked so hard for this, and I deserve everything that comes from streetfighting. I am not going to sacrifice myself just because Jinri finds out and reports me to her director.

It was almost 9pm and Taeyeon was getting even more restless. She had not turned up for any of the matches in the past week due to the possibility of Jinri finding out but now she had no other choice but to go for this one match. Her phone was already on the verge of exploding because of the countless messages from the bartender calling her to turn up. Tiptoeing to Jinri's room, Taeyeon made sure that she was sleeping before slipping out of her house quietly.
**********
"Sorry." Taeyeon apologized to Sungmin who was now glaring at her from behind the bar counter.

"Save it. Get lost b'cuz they are already announcing your name kiddo."

"Awww come on don't be so mad at me and bet on me today k?" Taeyeon tried with her puppy eyes,  trying to get Sungmin to forgive her just this once.

"Just move." Sungmin shooed Taeyeon out as he tried to contain his smile.

**********
"WHERE IS SHE!"

Sunny had gone to the toilet in the middle of the night before deciding to check on Taeyeon. To her horror, Taeyeon's room was empty with the bedsheets neatly made, indicating that she was already gone for a long while.

"WHERE DID SHE GO WITHOUT INFORMING ME?!"

Panicking, Sunny picked up her phone to inform Ryeowook before setting it down again.

No.This is a minor matter. I should not disturb Ryeowook oppa and find her myself. Nothing can go wrong right?

Running down the flights of steps, Sunny immediately the engine of her motorcycle and prayed desperately in her heart that nothing would happen to her.

************
"Don't even think I am going to hold back just because you look delicious, woman." The guy called Nickhun-or was it Nick smirked creepily at Taeyeon as he cracked his knuckles and Taeyeon suppressed the urge to throw up.

Instead, she shrugged her shoulders and smiled what she hoped was a genuine smile to the revolting guy in front of her.

"I think you are going to have to take back what you say because I am going to do this to your disgusting face." 

"Do what-" A fist came flying into his face and he sidestepped to the right, barely avoiding Taeyeon as her fist passed a hair's breath away from his face.

"You are going to have to do better or I would have to teach you a lesson-or maybe you would like me to teach you on my bed instead of here?" The Nickhun guy taunted annoyingly which made Taeyeon's insides crawl.

"I am going to have to reject that offer."

Quickly, before he had time to respond, Taeyeon swiftly punched him in the chest, stunning him for a moment.

"Oooh. And I like really fiesty women. But now I really need to show you something." In a split of a second, Nickhun landed a sidekick into Taeyeon stomach and delivered a quick rising uppercut to her jaw, doubling Taeyeon over.

Swallowing back the pain, Taeyeon recovered quickly and jerked to the right just as Nickhun cornerred her and swung around him. Then when he was directly in front of her, Taeyeon curled her legs into his body and angled her body towards the ground, putting all of the weight of her jump into a powerful throw.

Nickhun, who reacted slowly, was pulled off his feet violently was thrown across the floor, smashing his face in the process.

" YOU B*TCH!" Nickhun immediately sprung up from the floor, only to meet with a flying kick direct to his head as he flew back, cracking the back of his head.

"Sh*t I haven't killed him, did I?" Taeyeon asked the announcer. 

"Nah. He would be fine. Anyways...ladies and gentlemen I hereby present to you the winnerrrrrr....T!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Stumbling, Taeyeon felt dazed as she walked to the bartender who was offering her a beer.

"Wow! You should have seen the way you kicked his ! Let's drink to celebrate your win!" Sungmin slapped her shoulder excitedly, making Taeyeon wince.

"No thanks. I feel so tired I am going to pass out."

"You okay?"

"Yea just send me home pleaseeeeeeeeee..."

"Okay fine but only after you drink this." Sungmin handed a blue cocktail to Taeyeon.

"Sure, why not?" Smirking, Taeyeon chugged down its entire content with 2 long gulps.
************
"We are here."

"..."

"Taeyeon ah."

"....yes?"

"We arrived at your house."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

With half-lidded eyes and an aching and deadweight body plus a brain that refused to function, Taeyeon dragged herself out of Sungmin's car and fumbled around with the house keys before opening the door silently while praying that Jinri did not notice that she was gone for more than 5 hours.

"Taeyeon."

She almost wished that she was just hearing voices in her mind when she turned around. God was however not on her side as she came face to face with the very person she did not want to meet right now.

"Jinri ah."

"I...I can explain."

 

 

 

A/N: Sighs. I seriously need inspiration. I am not too sure whether everythings going along smoothly at the right pace or way too slowly. Oh well I feel that the dandyu relationship is going too slow for my liking so I'm gonna try to pick up the pace after 1-2 chapters i guess. Oh and 1 more thing, THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE PEEPS WHO COMMENTED AND GAVE THEIR SUPPORT SAYING NOT TO GIVE UP AND THEY WOULD WAIT FOR ME NO MATTER HOW LONG I TAKE TO UPDATE CUZ OF WHAT I WROTE ON THE LAST CHAP!!!!!!! YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THOSE COMMENTS INSPIRE ME TO KEEP ON GOING, SO THAT U GUYS WOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE PRODUCT OF MY WORK!!!!! ok maybe u feel that im exaggerating(maybe a little) but its true cuz i have never published anything writing-related:^) this a/n is way too long so sorry guys and hope u enjoy the chap