Chapter 55

CLOSER [HIATUS]

Won Woo and Mingyu were sitting at Han River after picking up snacks from the convenience store shortly after leaving their friends earlier. Some time had passed already since they got there and they were enjoying the view of the calm river several feet away from them and getting that fresh air that Soonyoung had suggested. Won Woo had rested his head on Mingyu’s shoulder and stayed like that for a while. Mingyu had a feeling Won Woo was all talked out from earlier and that’s why he wasn’t talking much now, he was pretty quiet. A little too quiet maybe? “Won Woo?” He asked but didn’t get a response. “Won Woo?” When he turned his head to look down at his boyfriend, he noticed his eyes were closed and his breathing was even. He was asleep!

 

Mingyu was surprised and quietly snickered to himself. He couldn’t believe his boyfriend fell asleep on his shoulder like that, but he did understand Won Woo had a long day after all. He should have said he was tired. He thought while trying to make it more comfortable for Won Woo. He shifted so the older could lie down on his lap instead. He could let him sleep for a little bit until they need to leave, it’s be too cruel to wake him now. For the next ten minutes, he let Won Woo sleep on his lap while he watched the river and thought about everything that’s happened so far.

 

He thought about how he first met Won Woo, and how things escalated from there. It’s been a pretty eventful past six weeks. Hard to believe it’s been that long already, but then again it seems pretty short. Only a month and two weeks so far. And he’s been dating Won Woo for almost one full week starting tomorrow. He wondered how things would go from here? He was going to have to be strong for Won Woo when the trip to L.A comes, that is if Won Woo is still going. I really hope things will work out for him. He knew not to just expect that everything will be fine and okay, because sometimes it just doesn’t work like that. He really couldn’t think what to do if things didn’t work out after all. He just had to trust he would know if it came to it.

 

With those thoughts in his head, he looked down and admired Won Woo’s peaceful and calm sleeping face. He thought his boyfriend was beautiful in the dim glow of the moonlight above, it brought a smile to his lips and he reached out to his hair a few times before caressing the side of his face. He wanted to ask how did he get so lucky to have Won Woo in his life right about now, but that would be too cliché and cheesy now wouldn’t it? Nonetheless, he did think it instead of speaking it.

 

And just like that, Won Woo started to wake up and Mingyu greeted him with a sweet smile. “Hey, sleeping beauty.” Mingyu teased and Won Woo pouted while sitting up and rubbed his one of his eyes. He looked around and noticed they were still at the river. “Yes, you fell asleep.” His boyfriend answered before he could even ask. “I thought you should sleep for a bit before I would wake you.”

 

“How long was I out?” Won Woo pulled out his phone to check, it was almost 10pm.

 

“Maybe about ten minutes or so, I lost track.” Mingyu shrugged and reached out to fix a few stray strands of Won Woo’s hair for him, it was adorable the way Won Woo sat there and let him do it without getting too shy or flustered, maybe because he was still trying to wake up. “Did you sleep well?”

 

“I think so.” Won Woo managed a small smile. “I had a good dream.”

 

“That’s good, I’m glad!”

 

“I didn’t mean to fall asleep, I really didn’t plan on it!” Won Woo felt bad, because it was cutting into his time with Mingyu.

 

“That’s fine, I’d rather you rest.” Mingyu assured him. “You should really go home if you’re tired.”

 

“But…”

 

“We can always spend time together again soon, don’t worry.” He thought it was adorable the way Won Woo was trying to protest, because he was still sleepy. “Rest is important, let’s go.” He added and stood up before offering to help Won Woo stand.

 

“No, let’s stay a little bit longer, please?” He pulled on Mingyu’s hand to get him to sit back down. “I want to talk.”

 

“Alright.” Mingyu caved. “But if you fall asleep on me again, I’m carrying you home.”

 

“Sure!” Won Woo laughed at that and it got Mingyu smiling again while he took his seat next to him. “Sitting here with you like this makes me think back on that night… when I was so angry about my parents. It’s crazy how things can change in a blink of an eye.” He started to say and hugged his knees to his chest. “It’s my fault for not doing anything about our miscommunication, I know that now. I was wrong to think they didn’t care about me. I feel embarrassed with how I acted that night… I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s okay.” Mingyu leaned over to bump his shoulder with his boyfriend’s in a cute manner. “Things were different back then, you didn’t know the truth yet. But it’s in the past now and we’re just going to leave it there, okay?”

 

“Okay.” Won Woo nodded. “Thanks.”

 

“Do you still want to go to stargazing in L.A?” Mingyu asked and looked up at the sky, he recalled that moment Won Woo invited him to tag along on his trip to visit his parents, how he just casually asked him if he wanted to go stargazing and he knew a good spot in L.A to do that. “We don’t have to anymore. I don’t want you to force yourself to please others, so please do what you want to do, understand? I will be sad if you hurt yourself any further, okay? If it gets difficult, just come to me… okay?” Won Woo could hear the crack in his voice at that last part and he looked over to see his boyfriend struggling to keep his tears in while he looked up at the stars. He had been thinking about it too much and worried too much until this breaking point. He just wanted Won Woo to be happy and he felt like he wasn’t much help lately, and that really hit him...

 

“Please don’t cry because of me. I’m sorry.” Won Woo felt horrible to see him this way, even if this meant he could safely assume Mingyu really cared for him, it doesn’t make it any easier to see him cry. “I won’t make myself suffer anymore, I promise.” He added and reached over to slide his left arm under Mingyu’s so he could hug his arm and lean on him. He also looked up at the stars in the clear night sky.

 

“It’s hard to even imagine how you feel after all of this drama… it really breaks my heart. I wish it was as easy as taking your pain away, but it’s not. All I can do is just be here for you when you need it.”

 

“Being here for me really helps, Mingyu, so don’t worry about it anymore, okay?” Won Woo said calmly, he was able to hold in his own tears this time so he could comfort him. “This will all be over soon, I think I can get through it if I just have you and the others around me. Not knowing how it will turn out is stressful, but it should be okay no matter what outcome, right?”

 

“Exactly.” Mingyu nodded and wiped his tears away. “Whatever happens, I’ll be by your side. You won’t be alone, I promise.” He added with a small sniffle. Won Woo chuckled at that and Mingyu pouted. “What?”

 

“Nothing… you’re cute.” He smiled and reached out to wipe away another tear for him. “Thank you. I’m glad I have you in my life. I never expected to walk into that convenience store near my apartment one random night to meet someone whom I now call my boyfriend… life is strange sometimes, but I like it.”

 

“And I never thought I was going to love again until that night…” Mingyu’s face scrunched up and more tears spilled from his eyes, he was getting pretty emotional right now. Won Woo smiled a tearful smile and reached out to caress the side of his face.

 

“Well, I never thought I was going to love anyone, ever…” he said before leaning over enough to kiss Mingyu softly on his lips. They shared a moment of looking into each other’s eyes and suddenly Won Woo spoke again. “Hey, is it too early to say… I love you?” He asked and watched Mingyu’s reaction. He looked surprised that he even said that before more tears started to fall all over again, Won Woo could tell they were happy tears, not sad tears.

 

“No, I love you too, Won Woo.” Mingyu managed to say before shifting so he could kiss him more comfortably. A few tears slid from Won Woo’s eyes and he smiled into their kiss, he felt so happy in this moment and wanted to enjoy it the most he could. Their kisses always felt special to him, but this one seemed even more special tonight now that they spoke those three meaningful words.

 

They kissed for a long time and it was loving and sweet. Mingyu definitely went over his SEVENTEEN kisses after this, but it didn’t matter since Won Woo had said so himself that his boyfriend could kiss him whenever he wanted to. Mingyu’s tears finally stopped during their kissing and Won Woo was glad, because he didn’t want his friends to worry when he returns with pink and swollen eyes, but it was still evident when they parted. It was getting late and as much as Won Woo didn’t want to admit it. Mingyu was already on the same page as him and suggested they head home. Reluctantly he agreed. Once Won Woo was up, he stumbled into Mingyu when he lost his balance and the younger chuckled. “Should I carry you home?”

 

“If you don’t mind?” Won Woo sounded slightly embarrassed but at the same time it sounded like he liked the idea of it.

 

“I don’t mind.” Mingyu smiled and knelt down in front of him so Won Woo could get on his back. He was a little slow about it since he was so tired, but Mingyu was patient and a moment later, he was situated on his back and they were ready to go.

 

Mingyu made sure not to walk too fast because he actually wanted to make these moments last longer with Won Woo on his back and his arms wrapped around him tight and close. It was a nice feeling. “Have you fallen asleep again?” Mingyu asked quietly when they came up to a crosswalk. He pressed the button for the signal and waited for it and his boyfriend’s answer.

 

“No…” his voice was barely audible, but Mingyu still heard it and gave a cute giggle.

 

“It’s okay, you can sleep if you want.” There was no point in fighting it, honestly. He didn’t hear a response after that and assumed maybe Won Woo did fall asleep again. They were almost to his shared apartment anyway, so it would be fine. Except for the fact he doesn’t know the passcode to their apartment. I wonder if Soo Min is home? He’d probably have to wake Won Woo up just for that one thing unfortunately.

 

When they finally made it to the apartment it was like perfect timing, Seungcheol was exiting the apartment when Mingyu came up the hallway. “Oh, it’s you!” The older greeted with a warm smile before noticing Won Woo on his back. “Is he alright?”

 

“He’s fine, just tired.” Mingyu explained and Seungcheol was relieved. He worried if something happened to Won Woo and Mingyu had to carry him home. “Can you open the door for me, please?”

 

“Sure!” Seungcheol nodded and typed the passcode in. He held the door open for Mingyu to take Won Woo inside. “I’ll give you a lift home after?”

 

“Right, thanks.” Mingyu didn’t mind walking back home, but after carrying Won Woo, he was getting a bit tired as well, maybe it would be better if he got a ride home in the end.

 

“What happened?” Jihoon’s voice asked once they were inside, Seungcheol was helping take Won Woo’s shoes and jacket off at the door.

 

“It’s okay, he’s just tired.” Mingyu assured Jihoon who rushed up to them and looked so worried.

 

“That’s the second time tonight.” Jihoon frowned. “Earlier, Jeonghan brought Soo Min home on his back.”


“Ah, I see.” Mingyu felt bad hearing that. These two have been really through it, haven’t they? “From what Won Woo told me, it’s been a long day for the both of them. They just need to rest and they’ll be fine, don’t worry.” He gave Jihoon a positive smile. He could tell it wasn’t working that much, but he tried to understand. “It’s been a long day for you, too, I bet. Be sure to rest a lot, okay?”

 

“I will.” Jihoon appreciated Mingyu for that. Not like he was trying to make it about himself, but he had a part in all of this as well, it wasn’t just the WooMin duo having a hard time.

 

“I’m giving Mingyu a ride home after this, do you want a ride, too?” Seungcheol asked after they got Won Woo ready to head to bed.

 

“... no, I’m fine. I think I’ll stay with them.” Jihoon declined and gave a weak smile. “Thanks for the offer though.”

 

“Of course, anytime.” Seungcheol gave him a warm smile and that got Jihoon’s mood up again. After the long talk they had earlier, it seemed like they were CLOSER, and Seungcheol understood him more. They talked about the things that happened recently, like his fight with Soo Min and reunion with Ren. Even about the affair and the things his friends have said to him that made him feel so special… He admitted that he felt bad for not being able to do more for them, but Seungcheol reminded him that being there for them is a good start. We should talk more. He thought while staring at the older with a cute smile. He didn’t notice he was doing that himself and snapped out of it when Seungcheol let out a small chuckle. He definitely noticed Jihoon.

 

“Hyung, mind helping me with Won Woo?” Mingyu interrupted their little moment with an apologetic smile.

 

“Right!” Seungcheol snapped out of it himself and followed Mingyu to Won Woo’s bedroom. Jihoon naturally followed them in case they needed a third helping hand. He got to witness Strong Seungcheol in action when he easily took Won Woo off of Mingyu’s back and held him bridal style for a short few seconds while Mingyu pulled back the covers so he could place Won Woo down in bed properly. Won Woo didn’t wake up after all of that and was pretty knocked out, Jihoon was surprised since he thought his friends were light sleepers. Today must’ve really exhausted them. Once Won Woo was safely in bed, they all left the room and headed back to the front door where Jihoon saw Mingyu and Seungcheol off.

 

“Take it easy, hyung.” Mingyu said to Jihoon with a kind smile. “Call us if you need anything.”

 

“Sure.” Jihoon managed a more genuine smile this time. “Thanks for bringing Won Woo home.”

 

“No problem. We’ll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight!” He said and was the first to exit out the front door.

 

“Sleep well, night, Jihoon.” Seungcheol said sweetly before following Mingyu and Jihoon was left at the front door alone seconds later when the door shut. It wasn’t as lonely as he thought it was going to be, despite he was the only one awake in the apartment now. This was a bit strange since he hadn’t really been at his friends apartment while they’re sleeping like this, but there’s a first for everything. The only question now was… Where do I sleep?

 

He could sleep on the couch, no problem, he thought about checking on his friends before he sleeps, but decided maybe that would make it harder for him to sleep. They’re fine. He assured himself. I’m fine, too. He packed up his school bag and placed it by the front door for when he leaves tomorrow morning for class then returned to the couch and tried to get comfortable. He didn’t really have a pillow or blanket to sleep with and opted to just wear his jacket, hoping it would help. He didn’t want to disturb his friends if he went into their rooms to get a spare blanket. He thought because of that, he’d have a hard time falling asleep, but he didn’t and was soon dozing off moments later. It was a long day for all of them.

 

 

“Gosh, didn’t realize how late it’s gotten!” Mei Yi frowned after they left the restaurant they chose to dine at. They were having such a good time chatting until the waitress told them they were closing for the night. “Sorry to keep you two out like this!”

 

“It’s fine, don’t worry.” Junhui assured her with a small laugh. “We don’t have curfew or anything.” He added.

 

“Neither do we, but there’s class in the morning.” LiNa sighed. “I already don’t want to go.”

 

“Better get home and sleep then.” Minghao teased and she pouted at him. That caused both Mei Yi and Junhui to glance at each other with knowing looks, they noticed how close those two were getting each time they met. Maybe it was too soon to tell, but they could see something happening. Maybe a romance? Junhui thought. Or a friendship, that’s good too! Minghao can’t rely on him and Jisoo forever. He’d have to branch out and make his own friends.

 

“We’ll walk you girls home. You live in the same apartment complex as us, right?” Junhui asked since they seemed to bump into each other the most down at the front entrance.

 

“Yes we do, thank you!” Mei Yi beamed in response. LiNa had an adoring smile while looking at her friend, it was cute. Junhui started to lead the way and kept an eye on Minghao just in case he needed help.

 

Half way into their walk, they passed by the park since it was on the path to their apartments. Junhui was going to suggest Minghao take a small break on the bench, but he noticed someone was occupying it. He would have just ignored it if that person didn’t look so familiar and if they weren’t crying so much. “You girls go ahead and help Minghao. I’ll catch up in a bit.” He said before sprinting over to Jisoo.

 

“Wait!” Mei Yi called after him, she was concerned about Junhui approaching a stranger but Minghao assured her that he recognized the stranger as their roommate.

 

“I hope he’s okay?” LiNa was worried, they could tell the person was crying, he sounded heartbroken.

 

“Me too.” Minghao said quietly and watched Junhui approach Jisoo. “We should go.”

 

“Are you sure? Is it safe for us to walk without him?” Mei Yi was nervous and rightfully so since they were victims to purse snatchers before.

 

“It will be okay. I have these.” Minghao assured her with a snicker and held up one of his crutches to demonstrate but nearly lost his balance doing so and LiNa was the one to help him regain his balance.

 

“Careful!” She scolded. “Mei Yi, we’ll be fine, don’t worry so much!”

 

“Okay!” The apartment complex wasn’t too far from the park, she was just psyching herself out. “Wait for me!” She squeaked and sprinted over quickly and latched herself onto LiNa’s left arm and hugged it tight. LiNa giggled while Minghao chuckled, he thought their friendship was cute. With that, they started to walk away, at snail speed. Well, maybe a little more than snail speed.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“Hyung.” Junhui called out to Jisoo while approaching. “Are you okay?” Jisoo looked up to see his roommate and quickly wiped his tears away and stood up to greet him.

 

“Sorry, did you come looking for me?” He realized he had been out longer than he planned.

 

“Not really,” Junhui said with a sheepish smile, “I took Minghao out to eat cause we were hungry. We ran into those girls again and they tagged along. We lost track of time and were just now heading home, but I noticed you while we were passing by. What’s wrong? Did something bad happen while you were at Jeonghan’s place?”

 

“No. Nothing bad happened.” Jisoo quickly denied.

 

“Then why were you crying? You seem pretty upset?” It was clear his friend was worried about him. Jisoo thought about what he could say in reply without straight up lying.

 

“I don’t really want to talk about it.” He figured it was better to just say that.

 

“... that’s okay. As long as it’s nothing serious, right?” Junhui worried if maybe something happened with his mother or he got into a serious fight with Jeonghan?

 

“No, it’s nothing to be worried about.” He assured him with a sad smile. “I’m fine.”

 

“I want to believe you… but,” Junhui frowned, “you can talk to me if you need it.”

 

“I know, thanks.” Jisoo managed another sad smile. “It’s late. We should get home.” He added and passed him to start walking.

 

Junhui was conflicted, but it was clear Jisoo said he didn’t want to talk about it, so he’d just have to be on standby if he does decide to talk later. He caught up to him quickly and when they made it down two blocks, they could see Minghao and the girls in the distance. Jisoo stopped walking and Junhui didn’t notice until he turned to speak to him. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing. Just go ahead without me.” Jisoo said with a light sniffle.

 

“No.” Junhui protested. He understood now that maybe he didn’t want to worry the others if they were to see his tear stained cheeks and pink swollen eyes from all the crying he just did. “I’ll wait with you.” Jisoo looked like he appreciated it and so they waited until the other three were out of sight. There were only two more blocks before they’d reach the apartment complex.

 

It didn’t take long to wait and catch up. The girls had walked Minghao to the door and helped him get inside. They were surprised when they saw someone was already inside waiting and Mei Yi was quick to grab Minghao’s right crutch and point it at the intruder. The long haired male held his hands up in defense and LiNa turned the light on. “Sorry, hyung!” Minghao apologized and made Mei Yi lower his crutch down.

 

“It’s okay!” Jeonghan chuckled. “No one was home so I let myself in because it’s cold out.”

 

“What are you doing here?” He asked after the girls apologized and took their leave. Minghao had said his goodbye to them and wished them luck on their midterms. They asked him to pass their goodbye messages along to Junhui when he gets home in a bit and he agreed to it.

 

“Jisoo left his laptop and school bag at my place earlier when he visited. I figured it’s important that I bring it back before his class tomorrow.” The older explained before eyeing Minghao with a grin slowly spreading across his lips. “You were hanging out with those girls just now?”

 

“Hyung, I don’t even know you that well!” Minghao pouted and Jeonghan laughed.

 

“Fair enough! But I’m glad to see you’re walking… kind of.” He said while looking at his crutches. “Do you need any help to your bed?”

 

“I’m fine, I got it.” Minghao shook his head and started to make his way to his shared room. “They should be here in a bit.” He was referring to Junhui and Jisoo.

 

“Alright, I’ll just wait~!” Jeonghan called after him, he wanted to greet them before leaving. “Sleep well!”

 

“I’m not going to sleep, I slept all day.” Minghao frowned from the hallway.

 

“No way, really?” Jeonghan looked envious. It’s what he usually does on the weekends, but he hasn’t been able to lately, he kind of regrets not napping with his girlfriend now. “Well… have fun doing whatever then.”

 

“Thanks. Be sure to get home safe later.” Minghao said before he entered the room and shut the door. Jeonghan took a seat on the living room couch again and patiently waited for the other to to show up. During that time, he started to think back on today’s events. A lot happened and he felt pretty tired after it all, even with the intense study session he did. But he made sure not to fall asleep on their couch. About ten minutes passed and he pouted. He wondered what was taking them so long and just as he was about to pull out his phone to ask, the door opened and in walked Junhui and Jisoo.

 

He had a bright smile on his face to greet them but it vanished when he saw Jisoo’s face. “What happened?!” He couldn’t help but blurt out and startled them.

 

“What are you doing here?!” Junhui exclaimed while clutching his racing heart.

 

“Jisoo forgot his things when he visited me earlier. I came to return them since they’re pretty important. I wanted to greet you guys before I left, but you weren’t here.” He explained himself while rushing over to stand in front of Jisoo. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine.” Jisoo looked up into Jeonghan’s eyes thinking maybe he was over it now, but he wasn’t and the tears started up again. He looked down and covered his face to hide it. Jeonghan was so sad to see his friend like this and naturally thought to comfort him, so he grabbed him into a tight hug. Jisoo’s first thought was to reject his embrace, but he didn’t want to be too obvious and instead he just let it happen. If anything… he wanted to selfishly at least experience being this close to him one more time because it might be the last.

 

“What happened?!” Jeonghan sounded hurt. He cares a lot about his friends after all.


“I asked earlier but he didn’t want to say.” Junhui said quietly next to them. “I’ll let you two talk.” He added and gave a few gentle pats to Jisoo’s shoulder before heading off to his shared room. He felt like maybe Jisoo would talk to Jeonghan because they’re CLOSER.

 

“Hey, tell me what happened.” Jeonghan said once Junhui was gone. “You know you can trust me.”

 

“I know.” Jisoo muttered into his own hands.

 

“Did something happen with your mom?” They’d be leaving to L.A soon, something could have happened.

 

“No.”

 

“Are you hurt?!” He pulled back from their hug and he examined his body for any visible injuries.

 

“No.” Jisoo quietly sobbed.

 

“Then what’s wrong?” Jeonghan reached out to fix a few strands of his hair back into place before thumbing away a few of his tears. “You’re breaking my heart crying like this. Please tell me!”

 

Jisoo only responded by clutching his chest and lowering his head. Jeonghan didn’t know how to take that and started to think maybe he was too upset to speak. “Is it your heart? Does it hurt?” He asked and Jisoo nodded. “Should I take you to the hospital?!”

 

“No!” He managed a small laugh through his tears. “I’m not sick.”

 

“Then what is it?!” Poor Jeonghan was getting confused.

 

Jisoo thought about it for a moment, whether he should be truthful or not, but he didn’t think he was ready to admit it to Jeonghan like this, not yet at least. “I’m just… sad.” He started to say. “A person I didn’t know I liked… likes someone else.” This was true. “I just realized that I’d never have a chance with them… that’s all.”

 

“I’m sorry! That’s awful!” Jeonghan felt bad for him, of course.

 

“It’s fine.” Jisoo was calming down now. Even if he didn’t say who it was, saying it to Jeonghan sort of helped. “As long as they’re happy, I’ll be okay.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jeonghan wanted to believe his friend would be okay. “There’s over seven billion people in the world, I’m sure you will find someone when the time is right. I know that’s cliché to say, but it’s the truth.”

 

“Thanks, Jeonghan.” He was right. “I’ll find someone… eventually.”

 

“And when you do, I want to be the first person you tell!” Jeonghan said with a warm smile. “We can go on double dates, too. It’ll be so fun! I know it’s hard but you’ll get over it and move on, don’t worry.”

 

“That would be fun.” Jisoo nodded. Just having him by my side could be enough. “Sorry for worrying you.”

 

“It’s fine.” Jeonghan gave him a gentle pat on his shoulder. “You can always come talk to me, anytime!”

 

“Same for you… I’ll always be here for you.” He said softly and managed a more genuine smile. Jeonghan returned a similar smile before snapping out of it and pointed out the time. “Go to sleep when you get home, we can’t have old man Jeonghan making appearances during midterm week.”

 

“Right!” Jeonghan laughed at his comment, he was glad his friend’s mood was better now. “I promise I’ll sleep once I’m home! Goodnight, Jisoo. Sweet dreams again!” He waved before heading out the front door and made sure to shut it quietly. That left Jisoo standing by the door by himself. He stood there silently and thought about what just happened. I’ll be okay. He thought to himself. I’ll get over him, somehow.

 

 

“You’re home pretty late.” Seungkwan said in a teasing tone after popping his head out from the kitchen entrance, he heard the front door opened and knew it was Mingyu, who else could it be? Their older roommates had already headed to bed and Seungkwan was just waiting for Mingyu to return. “Did you have a good time, if you know what I mean?” He added with wiggly eyebrows and nonchalant look.

 

“Boo, not now.” Mingyu said with a sad snicker while taking his jacket and shoes off the door.

 

“Huh, what’s wrong?” He was worried when he saw Mingyu’s tear stained cheeks, his eyes weren’t too pink but they were definitely still a bit swollen from crying earlier. “Oh no, did something bad happen?” His teasing mood had vanished now and was replaced with pure worry.

 

“No.” Mingyu realized he must’ve gave the wrong impression when he said that.

 

“I don’t understand, then why are you sad?!” Boo looked like he could start crying too now.

 

“I’m not sad. I’m happy!” Mingyu quickly said with a sheepish laugh and then the tears started to well in his eyes again because he thought about what happened earlier with his boyfriend. He should tell his friends, they should know. “Won Woo… he told me he loved me tonight.” The younger seemed surprised and a little speechless before he smiled and jumped up and down for a few times like and excited little kid.

 

“I’m so happy for you!” Seungkwan wailed and grabbed his tall friend into a tight hug, a few tears fell from his own eyes, happy tears. He was honestly over the moon for him. Finally, Kim Mingyu can be happy again. It’s been awhile. Because of his excited shouting, Soonyoung and Seokmin came out to see what the commotion was all about.

 

“What happened?!” Soonyoung was startled when he saw the two were crying and panicked for a second. He worried if something bad had happened between Mingyu and Won Woo after they left the apartment earlier.

 

“It’s okay, it’s okay!” Seungkwan cleared it up for them with a sorry laugh. “It’s nothing bad.”

 

“Then what is it?” Seokmin just looked confused. What else could have happened that needed tears?

 

“Won Woo said he loved me tonight.” Mingyu was calming down from his tears because he was feeling a little embarrassed and bad that his friends were worrying so much due to his current state, in tears. He was just so happy and couldn’t help but cry!

 

“He did?!” Soonyoung was just as shocked as Seungkwan. “Oh my god!” He turned to Seokmin and hit his shoulder a few times and his boyfriend pouted and gave that look as if he was saying ‘why are you hitting me?!’

 

“We’re happy for you, Gyu.” Seokmin said on behalf of himself and his boyfriend since Soonyoung was going speechless like Seungkwan did. He even started to tear up because Mingyu’s face just… tears are contagious.

 

“Thank you.”

 

“We know this means a lot to you!” Seungkwan pointed out. “Thanks for sharing it with us!”

 

“Of course… you guys are like my family. Of course I’d tell you.” Mingyu smiled and wiped away lingering tears.

 

“We need a group hug!” Soonyoung sobbed and pulled Seokmin over with him. Seungkwan was in agreement while Mingyu just had no choice but to let his friends tackle him with a hug. This was nice. Very Nice.

 

“I hate to ruin the fun, but it’s getting late and we should sleep.” Seokmin spoke up a few moments later and was the first to part from the group hug. He had to tug on Soonyoung to let go. “School tomorrow.”

 

“He’s right.” Soonyoung nodded and wiped his tears away and sniffled. “Off to bed with you kids.” He added and shooed them towards their shared room.

 

Mingyu only laughed, he was too tired to bicker about being called a kid by someone whose boyfriend is only two months older than him. He’ll make a great parent. He thought in amusement as they said their goodnights to each other and headed to their respectful rooms.

 

Mingyu plopped onto his bed and hardly moved, he felt like he could just knock out right there, and he did! Seungkwan wanted to scold him but didn’t have the heart to wake him, so instead he just grabbed an extra blanket to cover the sleeping giant and hoped he wouldn't feel sore in the morning from sleeping in that position. Maybe he’d wake up in the middle of the night and correct it himself, Seungkwan was hoping for that. “Goodnight, Gyu.” Seungkwan said softly and patted his friend on the head gently before quietly making his way over to his own bed. Once he was comfortable he pouted, there was no one to wish him goodnight now. “Goodnight, Boo.” He said for himself and closed his eyes so he could enter dreamland. Author-nim says goodnight to you two~!

 

 

“Where did you run off to this time?” Seungcheol asked when Jeonghan walked in through the front door. The older was waiting on the living room couch with folded arms.

 

“Jeez!”Jeonghan almost jumped. “You scared me!” He added with chattering teeth. Because he had to walk home in the cold.

 

“Did you go back to WooMin’s, because I was there and never saw you come back?”

 

“I went to Jisoo’s.” Jeonghan explained while putting his coat up after taking off his shoes. “He visited earlier and forgot his school bag, so I had to run it back to him because well, he needs it for school tomorrow!”

 

“Right.” Seungcheol agreed it was important and his expression softened from wanting to interrogating him. Not like he needed to, he was just honestly curious about where his friend went off to on his own this late at night. It’s not safe to walk the streets alone at night no matter who you are. If he had known that Jeonghan was at Jisoo’s place, he would have swung by and picked him up instead of Jeonghan walking home alone and in the cold.

 

“Were you waiting long?” Jeonghan asked after plopping down on the couch next to him and let out a small sigh.

 

“Not really.” Seungcheol shook his head and that’s when he noticed his roommate’s expression, something seemed off and he thought about what Jihoon said earlier, how he was worried if the couple fought before he left or not. I don’t really think it’s that. He seemed more worried about something than bothered and angry about a fight. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Well, when I made it to Jisoo’s, no one was home. I waited for them to get back. When they did, Jisoo was upset and looked like he had been crying for a while. I was so worried. I thought maybe something might have happened to his mom? Or if he was hurt? I comforted him for a bit and he told me why he was upset.”

 

“What was it?” Seungcheol wanted to know because he was now concerned too.

 

“I’m a little surprised still, but he told me that he was sad because a person he didn’t know he liked, likes someone else and that he knows he’d never have a chance with them.” Jeonghan explained and did a small tilt of his head with a questionable expression. “It’s not that I don’t believe him, it’s just… why didn’t he ever say anything about liking someone before? It just seemed so out of the blue, you know?”

 

“Yeah, that’s true. I’ve never heard him say anything about being interested in anyone before.”

 

“Last Friday when I ate with him on campus, I did a bit about how good he treats his friends, especially me, and when he finds a girl I’d be jealous in a joking way and so I asked if he’s met anyone already, but he said he hadn’t. I guess he just wanted to keep it a secret or something? But I don’t get why?” That kind of bothered him. Not like Jisoo owed it to him to tell him those things, but he just sort of thought he would have come to him to talk about it at some point because they were friends, good friends, close friends. It’s what friends normally do, right?

 

“Maybe he just didn’t want you teasing him and butting in?” Seungcheol said with a light chuckle. Jeonghan and Soo Min did like to play cupid sometimes.

 

“Well, I wouldn’t have joked around that much, I know people’s feelings aren’t to be messed with.” Jeonghan pouted in defense. “As long as I can remember, Jisoo’s never dated a girl before. I don’t really think it necessarily has to do with his religious beliefs, but I thought he’d have at least one girlfriend by now. We’ll be turning 22 by the end of the year.”

 

“Not everyone needs to get into relationships so early.” Seungcheol pointed out. “Maybe he’s not interested right now?”

 

“Maybe… or maybe the person he liked wasn’t a girl? I would understand why’d he want to hide something like that.”

 

“You’re looking into this way too much now.” Seungcheol scolded.

 

“But….” Jeonghan honestly didn’t mean to go that far, the situation just bothered him and he wanted to know what really happened. It was strange. Something felt off with the way Jisoo bursted into tears when he looked Jeonghan in the eye shortly before admitting he liked someone. He even thought about how they talked about his relationship with Soo Min and how he showed Jisoo the engagement ring… how he started crying then, too. Wait… it was like things were connecting in his head. Could he have been referring to Soo Min? It kind of made sense now, he just learned Jeonghan has plans to marry her. He recalled what Jisoo said, how the person he didn’t know he liked, likes someone else and he’d never have a chance with them.

 

“Jeonghan!” Seungcheol’s voice caught his attention just then. “It’s late. We need to go to sleep now or we’ll be tired in the morning.” Jeonghan nodded but looked like he was still zoning out in his thoughts. He got up and muttered a goodnight to him before leaving to his room. “He really is acting weird…” but he didn’t have time to figure it out right now, he could tomorrow after school at least. He headed to his own room to prepare for sleep while Jeonghan returned to sitting on the floor near his night stand and pulled out the engagement ring from earlier.

 

“Could my best friend really be in love with my girlfriend?” He asked out loud, but quietly. He wasn’t sure how to feel about that. Normally he’d get jealous when other guys got around his girlfriend, but if it’s Jisoo... I know he’d never betray me, that’s probably why. He believed his friend was too pure to have any ill intentions. He would have nothing to worry about. Though now he felt bad for talking about his relationship so much with Jisoo this whole time. Maybe he’d tone it down from now on. He just really hoped this wouldn’t make him awkward around Jisoo the next time he sees him. He was tired before, but now there were too many thoughts running through his head to sleep. But eventually, he’d fall asleep, so he lied there, waiting for it.

 

...

 

It was about 2am when Soo Min woke up and needed the bathroom, so she got out of bed and blindly made her way to the bathroom like she normally did. Five minutes later, she was done and started to return to her room, but she noticed the kitchen light had been left on and she could see someone asleep on the couch. She immediately remembered Jihoon was over earlier and walked over to check if it was him, honestly, who else could it be? When she got CLOSER she confirmed it was Jihoon and he was shivering. She noticed how cold it was in the apartment tonight and felt. She was about to nudge him awake and offer him to come sleep in her room, but she heard a door open down the hall, obviously Won Woo’s, and she turned to see him walking out towards the bathroom. He didn’t notice her until he was returning to his room. “What are you doing?”

 

“I used the bathroom earlier.” She explained in a quiet whisper and then pointed down at Jihoon on the couch. “Apparently Jihoon decided to stay the night.”

 

“Really?” Won Woo asked and made his way over. “Is he cold?”

 

“Yeah, he is. I feel bad, I was about to wake him and bring him to my room.” She explained and reached out to do just that, but Won Woo stopped her.

 

“Why don’t you guys come to my room?” He said and she was a bit confused. He didn’t wait for an answer and was already stepping around so he could scoop Jihoon up in his arms. “Let’s go.” He gestured for Soo Min to follow him to his room while Jihoon continued to shiver in his arms. He didn’t wake up yet. She followed after quickly grabbing her pillows from her bed so there was enough to go around for the three of them. This has only happened a few times during their past sleep overs, they were older now and Soo Min wondered how Jihoon would react when he wakes up. I’m sure he’s going to feel loved. She thought with a smile after they got settled in Won Woo’s bed. Jihoon was in the middle and his shivering started to fade away after he was covered. “Try not to fall off the bed.” Won Woo whispered on the other side.

 

“I’ll try.” She chuckled at the fact he even had to say that. “Night.”

 

“Night.” Won Woo said back and they both got comfortable before sleep took over once again. They both knew they could talk about things tomorrow before the dinner. For now they just needed to sleep.

 

Jihoon managed to wake up shortly after they fell asleep and he was confused on where he was until he looked around and noticed Won Woo and Soo Min sleeping on either side of him. He was in Won Woo’s room and in the middle of his friends on the bed. How’d I get here? He didn’t think he would have been a heavy sleeper either, but this just proved it. He doesn’t remember coming in here nor talking with his friends about coming in here. They must’ve noticed me on the couch. That could only explain it. He didn’t think they needed to bring him into Won Woo’s room, but he was happy they did, because it was so cold and lonely out in the living room. At least now he was warm and surrounded by his two friends. Thank you. He was happy. The smile on his lips soon faltered when he noticed something. Damn, I need the bathroom. He really debated on if he should try to get up and go but ultimately decided he could hold out until morning.

 

 

Soo Min was the first to wake up later that morning. It was still pretty early, being a quarter into 6am. She did sleep early last night, so she wasn’t as tired when she got up and made her way to the bathroom to wash up for the day. She took a quick shower, which she sulked about after getting out because it was so cold this morning. She wondered if their heater was broken? But she wasn’t sure how to check, so she would ask Won Woo to check later. For the moment, she blow dried her hair the best she could before leaving the bathroom and got dressed for the day. She bundled up in layers to counter her chilly apartment temperature and even put a black beanie on to keep warm from literally head to toe. By the time she was done, she went back to check on Won Woo and Jihoon, they were still sleeping and she didn’t want to wake them yet, so she returned back to her room to work on her midterm projects a bit more before it was too late.

 

She didn’t have any bad dreams last night and she was happy about it. Instead, she had dreams of what she hoped could be the future for her and her friends. Everyone was happy, everyone got along, even Ren and his parents. It was so nice. But a few things did stick out to her during her dream. She noticed they had gotten much older and well, she was looking after a baby with Jeonghan. That made her think back on last night, when Jihoon spoke to her about why Jeonghan was acting weird before leaving. How she snickered and asked if her friend thought she was pregnant because of her late period. She glanced down and rested her left hand over her the many layers of fabrics to feel her stomach, It was pretty flat, maybe too flat actually and she frowned. “I should eat something.” She muttered and saved her place on her project before getting up and headed to the kitchen to make a light breakfast for herself. It was just some toast and juice, nothing too big. She wanted to save some room in her stomach in case Won Woo and Jihoon want to eat breakfast at the cafe before their class. Because she planned to go to campus early with them.

 

While she ate her toast, she thought about her dream more. That dream probably stemmed off that talk last night with Jihoon. In the dream, she guessed maybe she and Jeonghan had gotten married and were starting a family. It was a thought that hadn’t really come to her mind before, she hadn’t thought much about her future because it was scary to plan for it and for it not to work out. She was afraid of disappointment. So she was always happy with the present. But maybe ever so often she would think about a few months from now, that’s as far as she’d maybe plan, but for practical things like school and birthdays, things she knew that would happen, not could. Her future with Jeonghan?

 

Well, of course I’ve thought cliché things like I wanna be with him forever… but I can’t control everything about the future. She sighed and put down her half eaten piece of toast. She didn’t want it anymore, but it wasn’t like she was feeling sick, she just felt… she didn’t know how she felt. After returning to her room, she resumed back to her project, but had a hard time focusing. She looked down to her stomach again and tried to picture a bigger bump. It’d be full of nothing but Choco Pies. She quietly giggled to herself. I know I’m not pregnant? She wanted to be confident with that thought, but she couldn’t be entirely sure. She doesn’t think so, simply because she doesn’t feel like she’s experiencing symptoms, but then again...

 

Soo Min’s heard about how women can have their period for up to three months into pregnancy. There are even some who don’t even know they’re pregnant because they simply just don’t show the symptoms. She looked it up once just out of curiosity and that stressed her out a lot, what if she could have gotten pregnant from the times before their anniversary? Maybe this late period would be a lot later this time?

 

Her anniversary with Jeonghan falls near the end of July, on the 22nd. Even if it hasn’t been three months yet, it wouldn’t hurt to check right? She’d like to be sure. Better safe than sorry. But the timing couldn’t be any worse, with school starting soon, midterms happening, dinner with her parents later, where does she find the time to do anything about it. She has to worry about whether she’s going to L.A or not on top of that. Ah, I’m sure I will find time!

 

The question now was if she tells Jeonghan about her concerns, or Won Woo? He’s going to murder me. Not true, but the thought of telling Won Woo made her nervous and scared for Jeonghan. He’d probably lecture them to the moon and back. Then Jihoon came to mind. He’d lecture us to Pluto and back. Maybe she should stay quiet for now, at least until she can get some answers...

 

Secrets and timing only made her think of the affair situation again, and what happened yesterday with her mother. When she glanced at the time, it was almost 8:30am. She frowned, she completely lost track of time while thinking about that whole situation. But at least she managed to get her first due project done, somehow. It was an easier project actually, that’s why. I can work on the other one later on campus. She thought while saving her progress and put her laptop in sleep mode for now. She went back to Won Woo’s room to check on her friends and they were still sleeping. She felt like they could sleep a bit more while she steps out for a short trip to her parents house. She knows there’s not a lot of time, but this would bug her all day and distract her, she wanted to check on her mother.

 

With that in mind, she made her way to the front door and slipped on her coat and shoes before grabbing her car keys and headed out the door. The temperature almost felt like it didn’t make a difference when she stepped outside. Seriously, is our heater broken? She’d definitely get someone to check it when she gets back. For now, she’d go warm up in her car before she leaves.

 

 

It was cold and silent when Ren woke up the next morning. Yesterday’s events replayed in his head while he got up and got ready for the day. This house is so lonely. He thought while glancing over to the empty living room when he made it down the stairs. He really wished he had roommates right about now. Would… they consider living with me if I asked? He wondered. He was thinking of his siblings and Jihoon. He definitely had enough room for them after all. Maybe not now, but in the future? For now, they should focus on the situations at hand. Going to the dinner and traveling to L.A. He was still debating about meeting with his birth mother or not. He knows he should but at the same time… Only if she wants to. He didn’t want to make things too stressful for others after all. He wanted to take it slow.

 

Just as he was going to start making himself a small breakfast, he thought about Won Woo and the others. Maybe he could eat with them this morning and see them off before their morning classes? “Yeah, I’ll do that.” He decided and put the items he took out of the fridge back in place. Then he made his way over to the front door and put his shoes and coat on. He sent off a text to Baekho that he planned on visiting with his siblings this morning and he’d be taking his own ride. Then he was out the door and heading for his black Kia. “I should bring some hot chocolate, huh?” He asked aloud while approaching his car. “And some Choco Pies?” That was a must, he chuckled. Is that even a real question? With that, he was off.

 

...

 

When Won Woo and Jihoon woke up they found Soo Min missing from bed. “Where did she go?” Won Woo was first to say. He also noticed how cold it was when he sat up and pulled the covers up to get out of bed.

 

“I don’t know.” Jihoon answered in his sleepy tone while jumping out of bed and started rushing for the bathroom. Won Woo thought it was funny and let out a small chuckle before reaching for his phone to check the time. It was almost 9am and he was surprised he managed to sleep through most of the night and wake up on time without setting his alarm. Close call. He does remember bringing Jihoon into his room with Soo Min last night, but other than that, he slept the rest of the night without waking up, that he can remember at least. She’s probably in her room working on her project or something? He thought and got out of bed to go and check.

 

The first thing he noticed was her laptop and school bag were still in her room, but she wasn’t present. Kitchen? He made his way over and the room was empty, no sign of her. Where could she be? He was a little worried since there wasn’t a note left behind or a text. He decided to leave her one asking where she was? He and Jihoon had their 10am class soon, so they had to get ready, they didn’t have time to go out and find her. , I barely studied! Won Woo thought and rushed back to his room. He proceeded to get dressed so he could spend the next twenty minutes studying the notes he had before he needed to leave for class. I should have set an alarm and woke up earlier! There was really no one to blame and he didn’t want to blame anyone either. He didn’t want to make excuses as well.

 

“That’s right, you barely got any studying done yesterday, did you?” Jihoon frowned when he returned to Won Woo’s room after using the bathroom and washing up.

 

“Yeah, but it’s fine.” Won Woo assured him. “I should have been more responsible.”

 

“But you were going through a lot…” he felt bad that he couldn’t have helped out more.

 

“I know, but still.” Won Woo both agreed and disagreed. “I’ll be fine.”

 

“Do you need any help?” Jihoon offered. He could help quiz him on his subject and see where he needed more practice.

 

“Yeah, if you don’t mind? We only have twenty minutes before we need to go. I think Soo Min left off to somewhere and might have taken the car, so we’d have to walk.” Unless they ran all the way to campus, maybe they could add another ten minutes of studying.

 

Just as they were about to start the last minute study session, they heard someone at the door. “Who could that be at this hour?” Jihoon asked and right away, Won Woo had an idea of who it could be. It had to be Ren.

 

“Good morning!” Just as he thought, it was Ren when Won Woo opened the door. He had hot chocolates like he did last time, too. “You have class soon, I didn’t know if you wanted a lift to the campus?”

 

“Morning,” Won Woo stepped aside to let his brother in. “And yeah, that would be helpful since Soo Min’s not here and the car is gone.” He explained. He was able to confirm that when he noticed her car keys were missing from the hook on the wall by the door.

 

“She’s not here?” Ren frowned. It was clear he was looking forward to seeing her this morning.

 

“I don’t know where she went?” Won Woo explained. “Maybe she went to her boyfriend’s place or something? I don’t know if she could have gone to the campus early, but her laptop is still here. I’m a bit worried but we have class soon, so we can’t really look for her right now.”

 

“That’s okay, I’ll look for her for you, I don’t have class on Mondays.” Ren said while setting the drink tray with the hot chocolates down on the small table by the door. “I can take you to the campus now.” He noticed how cold it was inside after stepping in and frowned.

 

“Alright, I’ll just go get my stuff.” Won Woo agreed and hurried back to his room where Jihoon was going over Won Woo’s study guide. “Hey, Ren’s here. He’s going to take us to the campus.”

 

“Oh, really?” Jihoon was a little surprised. “That’s probably better, you could probably meet up with your friend Daniel before class and he can help you study.”

 

“I didn’t even think of that.” Won Woo face palmed. “Let’s go.” Then he gestured for Jihoon to follow after him. When they walked out, Ren greeted Jihoon with a bright smile and was surprised to see him there. For a few seconds he felt a little left out since the four of them had spent the night at his house the other night, but it passed pretty quickly, just a silly feeling.

 

“Is it just me or is it really cold in here?” Ren blurted out while the other two were putting on their shoes and coats. “It almost feels colder than outside?”

 

“I noticed that too.” Won Woo nodded and took his shoes off again so he could go check the thermostat. It was pretty low, at 63 degrees, actually it just dropped another degree, 62. The hell? He thought and made sure the set temperature was set to 78 degrees. It was set but seemed like it wasn’t working. Strange. They never really had a problem with their heater before. I’ll have to call maintenance later. He made a mental note and headed back to the front.

 

“Did you figure out the problem?” Jihoon asked.

 

“The heater might be having issues.” He explained and quickly put his shoes on. “I’ll deal with it later, we have to go.” They all agreed and headed out to the lot to Ren’s car.

 

“You guys should eat something before going to class.” Ren frowned after they piled in.

 

“We don’t have much time.” Won Woo sighed and buckled his seatbelt.

 

“Surely you can snack on something while you prepare for class!” Ren pointed out. “Be sure to order something from the campus cafe when you get there.”

 

“If we have time.” Jihoon pointed out and Ren groaned. He was worried about them and knew he should do something to make it easier on them. He started his car since they were on a time crunch and proceeded to back out of his parking space and they were on their way to the campus. He pressed a button on the steering wheel and proceeded to say “Call Face.”

 

Won Woo was amused and held in his laugh while Jihoon was confused in the back seat. “Who are you calling?” He asked, curious to know.

 

“Yes?” The person on the other line asked like they knew he was going to call.

 

“Aron, I need you to do me a favor.” Ren said while making a right turn. “Can you order breakfast for Won Woo and Jihoon so it’s ready when I drop them off. They need to eat before class. I’ll pay you back later. This is just to speed things along since their class is starting soon.”

 

“Alright, no problem!”

 

“Thanks! I’m hanging up now, bye!” Ren was pleased how cooperative his friend was this morning. But then Aron called back seconds later. “What is it?”

 

“Well, so like… what am I even ordering? I don’t know your friend or brother that well.” Ren gave a sheepish chuckle before looking at the other two.

 

“They’re in the car with me so they’ll tell you.” He gestured for them to speak just as they came up to a traffic light.

 

“I guess I’d like-” Jihoon started to say before he was interrupted by Aron telling him to hold on while he got a pen and paper out to write it down. Once he was ready, he told him to continue.

 

When the orders were placed, Ren thanked him again before hanging up. “Aron and the others can help with any last minute studying if you need it while you eat. We got you covered.”

 

“Thanks.” That made Won Woo feel a little less stressed now about attending class. If he doesn’t do well, he can just try to make it up later after fall break with extra credit. happens. But now that he was thinking about it, he decided to text Daniel about meeting him at the cafe to also help him. And like a good friend, he agreed and said he’d be waiting for him there. Right, I haven’t checked Mingyu’s text yet. He thought while navigating to it.

 

Mingyu: Good morning~! ❤ I hope you slept good.

Today is going to be a long day, but hang in there.

You got this~! I’ll see you after school hopefully?

Mingyu: P7kvws5tI5307yoMlrKcneTLXT5vImUQLbfcH8S-z2ofQpRyGk7CnrhL2uALorXLTv0_6AyWQQLJnqkonQo_cMNRNZPebJ62Jk4ZmikEcOj8KitTIJLXkFWLMebEqYHe0J0Oo6Jh

Good luck! Hwaiting!

 

Won Woo couldn’t help but smile, how sweet.

 

Won Woo: Morning. ❤  

Won Woo: I slept pretty good, I hope it was the same for you?

I’ll do my best today, you do your best too, okay?

We can meet after school, just text me when you’re free and I’ll let you know.

Good luck and hwaiting to you too!

 

When he was done, he noticed Ren looking at him with a grin on his lips. “Morning boyfriend texts?” He asked and Won Woo snickered and looked away, embarrassed. “Aren’t those nice? I love it.” He added with a cheery smile and thought about his own morning texts he got. Minhyun was always so sweet to him. Then he heard Jihoon snicker in the back seat. “I guess you can’t relate?” Ren pouted.

 

“I don’t care.” Jihoon rolled his eyes.

 

“Don’t be like that!” Ren scolded. “One day you’ll get to experience morning texts from that special someone!”

 

“Whatever.” The younger just chuckled and looked out the window. He wasn’t trying to be a hater but… hearing them talk about it just made him feel left out and a bit jealous. I’d probably never… he thought and watched other cars pass by. Then he felt his phone vibrate in his lap.

 

Seungcheol: Good morning, I hope you slept well after last night?

Try not to stress too much, I know that’s hard to do something,

but at least try? Good luck with classes and hope to see you later!

We can grab a late lunch or something, just let me know?

 

He stared down at the text, a bit surprised. Seungcheol didn’t always text him in the mornings, or much at all since they met up often so there was no need. Yesterday was a rough day so that’d explain why he’s checking up on him, but still, just when Ren was talking about morning texts by a special someone. He couldn’t deny that he felt that weird feeling when he saw the text was from Seungcheol, he felt warm and fuzzy and happy to see it. His heart beat might have picked up just a bit, too.

 

“What? Is it that special morning text?” Ren asked while eyeing him through the rearview mirror.

 

“Shut up!” Jihoon blurted out and quickly made a reply before shoving his phone away into his school bag. He didn’t want to get teased the rest of the car ride to the campus if he was caught on his phone. Won Woo seemed entertained by Jihoon’s reaction but didn’t say anything about it. But he could definitely tell his friend was in a better mood now, his expression calmer and happier.

 

Jihoon: I slept good, thanks.

I’ll try not to stress too much.

Good luck with your classes too, and sure, we can do that. Later.

Jihoon: I2EAFeGIzo4CHRP1po6VVL0zso3rrhyAKJc00GFnioe8e225OMKk1weCbNJrnWCoLbVxgWqzKfjAzPz9gB_NYhyyzzqUCKMv6oUQ2N69woAo5laNmfvJxfjg16nTFXKm4t_-65nM


Chapter fifty-five~!

 

vFei_vHZAdLcQA8vH3KKSQ0aOXhERfoDplteXSMxIsvwllXt6CM4dk44R7CFfDCL6Zoe7xoddn_4-T9J6UldPxDYRiNhFFppKuyimw3LK1YB2SkFQk4s9IULhMwSgUUXNmo0fLzJ

Ren: I told you… special morning boyfriend text.

Ti3lQwhWavuSAbj15SYZTFm_gde3FAg5C761TQLJ2Cxk8wDOiZlu44xQddO3u4eTkC1efUpID-ngKxpMYFNeqAerRb0uK5mJpfZku_-gVDfA4osrVqTdZZsfD2f11cXfAiMMPPXS

Jihoon: He's not my boyfriend…

KB2ToYtA5oabmAr9ZvgJnP64vtwtXY1kBfrI1pVwSRkGqNpHVfL6xergu8JGoQbMlb1UHBQwvdDuEZCcSQg5nFXW6CjsJiIB59dFHBuPHJxc6D1JZCg_IUKipZJmnr6isB2mp1Mz

Ren: … special future boyfriend morning text.

qEEWkB6qOji_IUAyBg0Y0uIg8flpU6obb-0u1uyJPQyilZmGCg4Cpiy8BiMIssVoVmxLQOJESJU30oDXoO8Yo0GPV57ddxr-4Z_XJckHCAKhEQWuOnPLfxvMpt_HGpApCklL8rQb

Jihoon: Stop, I hate you.

oU67QpyqzgROMxfadcr_fkNbG7BsiD4PmbieYMlelVEAhWr1UJlxtqSQzOxLqt5l46P04wmE4TuVv8RryUkzdlhxWbqmMfRFp-c7NdLaUbzriRC0lV2py6Rqxrev9LTiYyF4SHBN

Ren: And I love you lol

3bF8XcfSZaNGBJ2Lmrx8YmvdCK-ilEslrKzwp-BKlMuhlnLYO6zzMcEaQUEj1O8zz6EY7JrbUjWEcBFE6ZHg7XcwM_1mu5LUWTgX3M-6asrJMwtvKT4bW4xXHC6qKOfQzx8TLMDs

Won Woo: You two are just cute, lol

Worse than me and Soo Min.

VXfgbx74CGZfuT35BbgFVjRf4FiXod3hW6m9oLAkoW5heIusLF2cU3OvNXrazHx4lT7o-9hZ_6mopoS5QVkc5WwRNwn-S1nEvzd9DSInIJB71vyrxJl3_ioH0x4dRxZoqlNGdpZb

Soo Min: ...

LOL

OXw4Uejqhswm4YJHe7d0-u-YzjgJY6VIs_Vb0WjwiwMt9LCRQsvdfsFJtPxGuFq2li3-D2SjpqMtdn_u4xs5lav3kKK-bA1QN97Tx0LXy0P3gLEb3q5ObH0TkP3nVEQpamvBQ13V

Eventful chapter…

QyeTU9Ok3oK6jsq01bsOuR7r7z7XEom-THifLioMsgEbyeNDnQlYuLjD_TBK8nScrH4ns-8akrEe_tOxeTyDNT4fgk7mYWbn9DK8E-K1_vOlrXRJsmBde_PRsOGb8tHdpGKT7NwU

Jisoo: *leaves a comment: Author-nim how could you do this to Jisoo?! You’re so cruel! You better fix this ASAP or I’m unsubscribing!*

CAJT-RznV2L3cXYi81G_UilJ2tmJYo8EYpA3TxuQvlvNQSVE1n13mBOg20N6vKHEvH3X5X3MLb82k6sttpdwYNlkBUduNan7e2X5hjDBcvmxhiZHHfBdcVfNszAcCYpZ1r-wzOL9

I see you, Jisoo, I hear you too and...

what do you mean unsubscribing, you’re in the story lol

rD5fvIPFpuFc-37xMyUENKDCkLlXWUJRWhGMPiR7NDQEzAuZtbpxkWIXRh0heuHbCXlhuWoQWm79Ju1YfoXEzKNaYOvRK5h0Sf1vQl0aFCKmoXF6Yw6H2x-s8x0ZaQNrL2-552mA

Jeonghan: *concerned about Jisoo*

Jihoon: *plays with Jeonghan’s hair*

f3rPPL21lMxDqajQl0DfS-sew-LOFd_93G1SXvVe0cvJ8V9dcjevUTlMLJ3dqUYCVpCCxv-sbHSoqRPep0w-4RVCLmj0ncdksp5HNmFRBjbMuDSeTe6rQ70cZUe3dqJpQAouUYmU

Jisoo: *ready to run away on his little horse*

8GKhDKmAxBxK72lDKUCpit1a2t3h16WoBlEWnqIBoRSZT8iqqK8WoYSJ4V80pkC8bAd2HEpKKk1IBQTi18lMBvl6vyMKuBv3KMnUIULKpa6lMhepU7D5hnkt1qRtzBFe8MqNlgJu

Jeonghan: You won't get far on that thing, why are you even running in the first place. Stay here.

2662l42R5I-yKm3dEAyna_WwMRiIDkihxEKvmcO2mfQMDMzDoUW1CRECQxYHcXOvrEt51woptYLN3qmsm9OyhJKrxfizCQ49Fo1W9jUWN48jUvlZGTrGWBJ-pRq_RO7Ei8p4KgVv

Jisoo: Don't touch me! O..mg.

v3bI6hHDiI4XPUkH1EHOPswfEQhDuj0s4Q6xWOmwhVtoikXBLfm-pmefFD1QZiKgtJzTvNbDEoZi4y7BRg3jk6wBelgmZu66JSObQUu4uBKbsMqT2XEIurlzX7nU4v28ypeHbD-r

Jeonghan: What's with him?

eI6cjLZyxLyBnRywrrFh5A6iah6ag2Hq6UOjoWDA4K7vScZzOdswS0iNlBsx-6O7XmmJmsODNcCjqV0Lsk02w4xzrcnv6U-m773ruXfTthsQLHHrnq62ib2Nw2Cobcl1f7o8BaSm

Okay, time to wrap things up. Until next time~

oUO14n-rBA7LOVkxpoVlY_zhJSpT24M-gQqqVqECzfw8dXOn6-SENEl9KnuAhuyJTpmvvcALziLrwhxUZx51HpIj-oYFcv0opRp7-MVyDavH0q3hfjUSce7awQQw8HPDRmAGVcmC

PS. MEANIE’S FIRST I LOVE YOUS IN THIS CHAPTER AHHHH