Chapter 48

CLOSER [HIATUS]

“Feeling any better?” Soonyoung asked at the doorway of Mingyu’s and Seungkwan’s shared bedroom. They had returned home a while ago after leaving the hospital and eating dinner. Not much time had passed yet, but the older thought to come check on him anyway.

 

“I’m fine.” Mingyu assured him from his spot on his bed. He was lying down and browsing his phone with his foot propped up on some pillows. He was done icing it for now since the minor swelling went away.

“Good.” Soonyoung was pleased with that answer. “Have you heard anything from Won Woo yet?”

 

“No, not yet. I probably won’t hear from him for a while.”

 

“Well, don’t lie there and stalk your phone, you should study for a bit. Midterms start on Monday, remember?” Here came the parental tone.

 

“... no!” He whined. “Why this Monday?!”

 

“Relax, we’re all not ready for it either!” He chuckled. “Did you need help studying for anything?”

 

“Math?” Mingyu sat up and looked over at him with hopeful eyes.

 

“Goodnight!” The blonde smiled brightly before stepping back and shutting the door.

 

“Yah!” Mingyu complained but he supposed not everyone liked math. What am I going to do? He wondered. He thought about asking Won Woo for help again, but now wasn’t a good time. Maybe tomorrow? He figured things should be settled by tomorrow at least. For now, he decided to pass some time by watching cute dog videos on youtube. Perhaps a visit to his mother’s place to play with Winnie was in order in the next few days?

 

...

 

Won Woo and Soo Min had sat in the back booth of the restaurant when they arrived where it was more empty despite it being dinner time for most people. Their orders were done quickly and Won Woo was already returning with their food. Soo Min was definitely hungry by the way she took her hamburger off the tray before Won Woo could even set it down. He snickered at that after sitting down next to her. Usually he’d sit across from her, but he felt like sitting next to her this time. After everything they’ve went through today, he wanted to be a little CLOSER to her. He missed her.

 

Hearing her say those words earlier, even if they weren’t exactly positive words, he just couldn’t help but feel special. That Soo Min had really wished he was her brother, the moment he heard her say those words, he understood how she felt. If he had to be honest, he might have felt the same. They grew up together and have shared many special bonds with each other, they’re practically brother and sister at this point despite not being blood related. Why couldn’t they have truly been brother and sister? Maybe it really would have been easier that way…

 

But they were glad to have Ren in the picture as well. They wouldn’t change this even if they could. It was just too bad that they were betrayed and lied to their entire lives. Thinking about that now had Won Woo remembering his phone call with his father earlier. Those bitter feelings started to surface again. Now he wished he could understand his parents and their choices.

 

“Hey, you okay?” Soo Min’s voice snapped him out of it, she also nudged him with her elbow too. “You haven’t touched your food at all?”

 

“I was just lost in thought, sorry.” He explained before grabbing a french fry and ate it.

 

“It’s fine.” She assured him and debated on asking about it. She did want to know what he was thinking about, but at the same time talking was never their thing. It was hard for them to express themselves in words, so she decided to leave it up to him on whether or not he wanted to talk.

 

They sat in a somewhat comfortable silence for the remainder of their time at the restaurant. They managed to finish their food and were now on their way home. The car ride was silent as well and it was starting to bother Soo Min. But she just couldn’t bring herself to say anything and really hoped he would say something first. Then they were home. It was pretty quiet still and Won Woo mentioned he was going to study in his room for a bit since midterms were next week. She realized she should start on her project, too. Okay, maybe we’ll talk after? She thought and also headed to her room to set up her laptop to work.

 

...

 

“I can feed myself.” Minghao pouted when Junhui tried to hand feed him. “I’m right handed.”

 

“It’s been a long day, you’re tired!” Junhui protested. “Just let me help you!”

 

“Fine, but can you not treat me like a child when doing so? I don’t like eating airplanes and choo choo trains!” That earned a few laughs from around the table and he groaned in defeat.  

 

The rest of the dinner seemed to go well, though Jisoo had been quiet for the most part and Jeonghan noticed. He was starting to get worried about him again, he figured his friend was just stressed about today’s events, that’s all. But he wanted to make sure he was okay before leaving, so he told Seungcheol to head down to the car and wait for him. He asked Jisoo to talk with him outside for a moment and he agreed.

 

“Are you still stressed about Minghao?” Jeonghan asked first.

 

“I suppose.” Jisoo said softly and avoided eye contact for a few seconds.

 

“He’s okay now. Try to relax. It seems like Junhui will take good care of him until he’s recovered.”

 

“It looks that way.” Jisoo managed a small chuckle. “Thanks for checking up on me before you go.”

 

“Of course. Take care of yourself, okay? You’ve been looking a little pale today.” Jeonghan pointed and rested the back of his hand on Jisoo’s forehead. “You’re a bit warm, too.”

 

“Sorry, I’ll be sure to rest when I go back inside.”

 

“Rest a lot! It’d if you missed your midterms next week.”

 

“Right, midterms.” Jisoo’s expression soured when he realized he needed to study.

 

“Don’t push yourself too hard. I’ll check on you again tomorrow. For now, just get some sleep, okay?” Jeonghan gave him a warm smile and that helped Jisoo’s moods lift just a little.

 

“Thanks. You too, get your eight hours of sleep so you’re not napping all the time!”

 

“I will!” Jeonghan laughed at his complaining tone. “Goodnight~!” He waved with a small wink and Jisoo managed a small wave back while concealing his conflicted feelings. He recalled what he almost did in the car earlier when they others were in the restaurant. I was just curious? He told himself. I probably wouldn’t have felt anything had I really kissed him. Other than just shock and embarrassment from kissing another guy, especially his best friend.

 

Once Jeonghan disappeared around the corner down the hallway, Jisoo returned inside and headed for his room to rest like he promised. He told his roommates he was going to bed and they both wished him a goodnight. He hoped he would get a good night’s rest so he could tackle all the studying he needed to do full force first thing in the morning.

 

As for Minghao and Junhui, they watched something on the TV before also calling it quits for the night. Junhui helped the younger to his bed and Minghao didn’t complain much this time, probably because he was too tired to do so. Since Jisoo and Junhui currently rent a two bedroom apartment, Junhui volunteered to share his room with Minghao. It seemed convenient now instead of them disturbing Jisoo when it came to bed time.

 

“If you need anything, I’m right here.” Junhui called over to him on his side of the room. Minghao nodded before Junhui flipped the lightswitch off and headed to his own bed to lie down.

 

It was pretty quiet while Junhui lied there staring up at the ceiling. He was thinking about the encounter with those two girls at the hospital and how they were the ones who brought Minghao to the hospital. How did he manage to hang out with those two?! He was confused. Did he pull some kind of cute charm on them or what? It seemed that way. He wanted to ask the guy himself, but he realized he should ask tomorrow after they’re well rested. He cleared his thoughts and did his best to fall asleep and he did a few moments later.

 

Unfortunately, Minghao wasn’t able to fall asleep so easily, the dull pain in his injuries were enough to keep him awake but he tried to power through it. He wasn’t keen on the idea of taking the painkillers the doctor prescribed, but if he didn’t sleep within the next hour, he’d take them. He cleared his mind and tried to focus on something else to distract him from the pain and thoughts of the two girls he met earlier filled his mind. He felt grateful to them yet guilty for burdening them like that. He tried to think of ways to make it up to them and eventually fell asleep while doing so. At least it distracted him from the dull pain he had.

 

 

“It’s late. Shouldn’t you start heading home now?” Ren pointed out with a sad pout. He didn’t want Jihoon to leave since Minhyun left earlier. He’d be all alone if he did and he didn’t want it to be like that so soon.

 

“Yeah, I should.” Jihoon nodded after checking the time on his phone. It was almost 11pm by now, his parents were probably wondering where he was?

 

“Should I call you a cab?” Ren asked, but Jihoon could tell he was reluctant about it.

 

“Nah, it’s fine.” Jihoon assured him and saw the older’s expression drop even more. “Can I just stay the night?”

 

“Stay the night?” Ren repeated like he didn’t understand.

 

“Yeah. It’s too late for me to be out on my own. After what happened to my friend’s roommate today, I’d rather be safe than sorry.”

 

“True. Then yes, you can stay the night!” Ren was obviously happier now. It made Jihoon happy, too. He felt so bad for him lately, at least he was smiling now. “You want to stay in a guest room or my room?”

 

“Either one is fine, it doesn’t matter to me.” Jihoon assured him.

 

“Okay, my room it is then! It’ll be like old times!”

 

“Yeah, like old times.” Jihoon started to feel nostalgic thinking back on their mini sleepovers. They were fun back then, probably because they were still kids. But they’re adults now so maybe it wouldn’t really be the same. They’d just be going to sleep when they get up there, most likely.

 

Ren gave Jihoon a change of clothes to wear, luckily they weren’t too baggy on him and they both washed up, separately, for bed. When they returned to Ren’s room, Jihoon saw how big his friend’s bed was and he figured there was no reason to ask where he was sleeping tonight. It was obvious! Ren grabbed an extra blanket for Jihoon before they crawled into bed and got comfortable. There was space between them since Ren mentioned he does a lot of tossing and turning in his sleep, and the occasional kicked his legs and flinging his arms if he’s having nightmares.

 

“You have nightmares?” Jihoon asked with a worried expression.

 

“Yeah.” Ren nodded with a weak smile. “Usually from stress.”

 

“I get it.” He knew how that was. It happens a lot with Won Woo and Soo Min so, he supposed he shouldn’t have been too surprised.

 

“I think it’ll be fine tonight since I have someone with me. They’re pretty bad when I’m alone.”

 

“I see. Then I hope you sleep well.” Jihoon managed a small smile. “If anything happens, I’m here, okay?”

 

“Thanks. Same for you.” Ren smiled back. “Goodnight, Jihoon.”

 

“Goodnight, Ren.” Jihoon said and faced the ceiling before closing his eyes. Sleep didn’t come easily for them after such an eventful day. Their minds were cluttered with thoughts about everything that happened so far, from Ren confronting Soo Min yesterday and watching her run away from him to her coming to visit him in the hospital earlier. So much happened within 24 hours, it was hard to believe how quick it was over, too. Ren felt bothered by that, like it was too easy or something. How else was it supposed to go, then? He wondered and glanced over to see Jihoon watching him with worried eyes.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Can’t sleep?” Jihoon asked back instead. “Something bothering you?”

 

“Something bothering you?” Ren repeated and Jihoon snickered at how there were no answers and just questions right now. “What do you think about how things went this evening?”

 

“What about it?”

 

“Are you ever going to answer me with an answer and not a question?”

 

“Will you?” Jihoon chuckled and it was clear he was teasing Ren now. “I think things went fine. What about you?”

 

“I don’t know.” Ren admitted. “Just seemed… like it went by fast. Just like how things started to play out after that camping trip. This happened so quickly and it was frustrating. I don’t expect things to take longer or be more dramatic, it was just a lot less than what I thought it would be.”

 

“That’s good though, right?”

 

“It is, but I can’t help but feel like nothing really happened. Soo Min told us how she felt and it was a lot, I could tell it was difficult for her and the waterworks were starting, but then I saw the bottle of cola in her hand and mentioned it and basically interrupted the whole thing since they laughed and started joking about me drinking it while still on the IV drip. I didn’t say anything at the time because I just didn’t want to make the atmosphere all tense again and I just… didn’t want to see them hurting again.”

 

“I see.” Jihoon started to understand how his friend was feeling now.

 

“I’ve caused so much pain for them as is, it just seemed like that should be enough for now. But I have those bottled up feelings again.” Ren’s mood had started to go down once he started telling Jihoon about it, and the emotions were starting to stir up inside. He felt like crying now.

 

“Well, go ahead. Let them out.” Jihoon said softly, his expression full of sadness. “If you need to, you can practice what you want to say to them for next time? I know I told Soo Min she didn’t need to say a whole speech about it, because I knew you two would understand her… but I suppose it just doesn’t feel the same unless you say something, right?”

 

“I’m not even sure what it is that I wanted to say now that I think about it.” Ren sighed and caught a tear that managed to fall from the corner of his eye. “I suppose… I’m just sad how short our time was after it all.”

 

“I understand… that’s why I asked to tag along home with you. I knew you’d need someone, a friend, you know?”

 

“Thanks.” Ren’s tears seemed to increase when Jihoon mentioned that, but this time they weren’t sad tears.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Don’t need to cry about it!” Jihoon snickered in a teasing way and sat up to turn on the lamp on the nightstand near Ren’s bed. “You just got out of the hospital for dehydration and already you’re planning to go back? Jeez! What am I going to do with you!”

 

“At least get me some water!” Ren laughed through his tears.

 

Jihoon did just that and returned moments later with two bottles of water from the fridge downstairs in the kitchen. Ren drank a little, since it was too cold to drink more at one time. He promised to finish one of the bottles before falling asleep since he knew it’d be a while after all of that. Jihoon assured him it’d be fine and he’d stay up to keep him company. The two friends started to talk about their past with each other and fill in each other about everything that happened after they separated. Ren talked about how he met Minhyun and the others while Jihoon talked about how he met Soo Min and Won Woo.

 

After hearing how Jihoon’s parents were friends with Soo Min and Won Woo’s parents from high school, he really wondered how connected everyone was to this family secret? It just seemed weird how close they all were yet far, as in, they never knew about each other until they coincidentally met. Weird how things started to come together after Jihoon moved to Seoul from Busan… same for Ren. Soo Min mentioned Hyungwon was the one who confirmed the truth about Ren’s real father, he was surprised by how much Hyungwon knew about the affair. Does he know more than just that? He could feel it, they were just that much more CLOSER to the whole truth now.

 

Shortly after their small talk, Jihoon was ready to knock out. Ren told him to sleep and promised he’d sleep as well whenever his body is ready, more like his mind. It didn’t matter if Jihoon was going to wait or not, he just couldn’t and knocked out moments later. It was kind of cute how it happened and Ren made sure he was covered with his blanket properly. “Sweet dreams, Woozi.” He cooed quietly. Now that he was in better moods, he got comfortable on his side of the bed and closed his eyes and waited patiently for sleep to come for him too.

 

...

 

A few hours ended up passing since Soo Min started her project. She got a decent start on her live portrait before she started to get sleepy at her desk. It was a little past midnight by now and she was really pushing herself on getting a good chunk of her portrait done so she could show Min Ji who had texted her earlier asking if everything was okay and if she started her project.

 

Then Jeonghan called to check up on her like he promised and he also filled her in on Minghao’s condition. She was glad to hear he was okay, even though minor sprains still , she trusted he’d be just fine with Junhui around. She was sure he was going to wait on the younger guy around the clock until he was all healed, that should only be a few days honestly. After he was done telling her that, he asked how she was doing since leaving the hospital.

 

She was honest and told him that she felt like Won Woo had something to say but they haven’t talked much since they got home. He had left to his room to study for midterms and it was starting to make her feel like everything that happened at the hospital was just her imagination or something. Everything had gotten so calm and quiet after facing him and Ren. She had expected something more dramatic or emotional… yeah she started to cry, but Ren was quick to change the mood when he saw her bottle of cola. Maybe she was glad that things weren’t more epic and dramatic for once, but at the same time it felt odd and weird. Like they didn’t really scratch the surface about the situation. Ren wasn’t the only one feeling that way it seems.

 

“Is sounds like you’re starting to overthink things.” Jeonghan pointed out on the other line. “They were just really understanding about how you felt, is it that hard to process in your head?” He asked in a complete honest tone. He wasn’t trying to be rude and at least she knew that.

 

“I guess it’s just me.” She sighed. “I guess I just don’t… really forgive myself?”

 

“You shouldn’t think that way.” He said in a light scolding tone. “You really did nothing wrong.”

 

“I know… I know.”

 

“It’s been a long day. You’ve been through a lot. You sound tired. Just rest and take it easy, okay?”

 

“Maybe…”

 

“You do!” She could imaging the pouting face he had on simply by his tone and she chuckled in amusement. “Save your progress on your project and go to bed.”

 

“Okay.” She sighed this time.

 

“If you can’t sleep, just text me again later. Goodnight, I love you.” He said sweetly before hanging up after she said the same back to him. After that phone call, she did feel a lot sleepier and even yawned. Luckily, when she rested her head on her desk, she didn’t rest it on her laptop keyboard and mess anything up. She didn’t think she would actually fall asleep, but she did. She was just too tired to properly move to her bed and literally knocked out in her seat. But it was all good, Won Woo came to the rescue moments after.

 

He made sure to save her progress before putting her laptop in sleep mode and then proceeded to scoop her out of her desk chair and carried her over to her bed and lied her down gently and then covered her up with her blankets. He knelt by her bed side and rested his arms on the edge of her bed before resting his chin on his crossed arms. He watched her sleep for a moment and sighed.

 

He felt bad for not talking to her that much after they left the hospital. There was a lot to say but he wasn’t sure how to go about it like usual. He could tell there was probably stuff she wanted to say but also ran into the same issue, they just didn’t know how to go about it all. He thought after being separated for a whole day, he’d be talking to her for hours about all the things that happened while they were apart… but it wasn’t like that. It felt weird in a way and he just didn’t understand it that much nor did he know what he should do. He knew he had to talk to her soon.

 

He pulled back and shifted in his spot to sit on the floor with his back up against her bed and pulled out his phone to send Mingyu a text with an update on things. He told him Ren was done with his treatment and went home while he took Soo Min out to eat dinner. They came home and he studied for a bit and Soo Min started on her live portrait project of Mingyu but fell asleep at her desk. He even mentioned how he wanted to tell Soo Min about his father calling this morning but just couldn’t find the words or energy to speak up about it. He didn’t want to get bitter about it again and snap if Soo Min were to say the same things Mingyu did, he felt like she didn’t deserve that after going through so much already.

 

Mingyu: She’d understand better than me, don’t worry.

Just try to talk to her about it soon, don’t let it stress you out

too much and lose sleep over it. You need rest.

 

Won Woo agreed, he had a point. He’d talk to her about it tomorrow after a proper rest. With that in mind, he got up from the floor and was about to leave Soo Min’s room but stopped. He turned off her light and returned to her bedside after turning on the nightlight near her desk and stared down at his peacefully sleeping friend with a sweet smile before reaching out and pushing her to roll over a bit so he could lie down next to her. She rolled over onto her stomach with a small groan and he chuckled quietly while getting under the covers and got comfortable. He stared up at the ceiling for a moment and then closed his eyes and let sleep take over a few moments later.

 

 

“Time for bed.” Seungkwan announced after entering his shared room. He saw Mingyu sitting cross legged on his bed with his textbooks open around him, he had his notebook in one hand and his pen in the other while his expression showed how frustrated he was.

 

“Already?” Mingyu frowned. “I was just getting started!”

 

“Are you sure?” Seungkwan snickered. “I was in here two hours ago to grab a change of clothes for my shower and you were studying then right? Don’t tell me you sat there like that for two hours straight staring at your textbook?”

 

“...no.” He actually texted Won Woo for a bit recently, so honestly, no.

 

“You did.” The younger deadpanned and pinched the bridge of his nose, how would he know unless Mingyu told him about the texting part, but he knew he’d get scolded for being distracted too. He just can’t win either way. It was clear that Seungkwan could feel Mingyu’s frustration, too! “Well, you shouldn’t force yourself. Just call it quits for now and start again later.” He walked over to help Mingyu put his textbooks away.

 

While he was doing that, Mingyu tried to get up since he needed the bathroom before bed, but Seungkwan heard a loud thud behind him and turned to see the giant sprawled out on the floor! “What happened?!” He gasped in horror and quickly dropped down to check on his reckless friend.

 

“My legs fell asleep!” Mingyu managed to say between groaning on the ground and holding on to his right thigh. He could feel his muscles starting to cramp. “I need the bathroom.”

 

“Do you need it badly?”

 

“... yeah.” He whimpered and Seungkwan quickly jumped up to go fetch their other roommates.

 

“Man down! Man down! Hurry! We need help!” He was shouting when he barged into the SoonSeok couple’s room. The first thing he saw was the couple kissing by the closet and by the looks of it, he was interrupting something!

 

“Yah! What are you doing barging in here like this?!” Soonyoung scolded with a red face.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seokmin noticed Seungkwan’s distressed expression.

 

“Mingyu fell down and he can’t get up!” Seungkwan managed to shake that shock of catching his friends face out of the way for now and tried to focus on the situation at hand.

 

“He fell?” Seokmin frowned and hurried to the other room. Soonyoung’s pouting took a few seconds to stop before he also headed that way with Seungkwan. “Are you okay?”

 

“What did he say to you?” Mingyu sighed. “I’m okay, I just need the bathroom but my legs fell asleep from the way I was sitting on my bed.”

 

“You’re so reckless!” Soonyoung scolded while he came over to help him stand along with Seokmin. Seungkwan just watched with his hands clasped against his chest. He was worried, of course, worried about Mingyu making an accident on the floor in the middle of their room.

 

5jQXUNIfqdnNwL89Ij0bT-4hJzam8KgbhSARw72jCU5DQxlRZhQH7hS4rLIN-plp4yJPhSVRfSQPYXv1coiNUgyu69x2t8jXnDI18keGwolEyjEDv0YpkkhRZKBZP7ZAfKt_HNr0

Tch… some friend you are.

jjAS_kXDfK8lqvcL6De0MMWmMEIVS_ZNftrq5zG0TtkH6_4YUbeyBAeZkeYIoAlpV-RZ9ecESEtXW9IIcS6a7vUW2IbRx-pQQHr1S_T0CJkk9cAoioEXbNUVxEa7L4olRqOzeqlx

I CARE! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!

Lol

 

Thankfully, Mingyu made it to the bathroom okay thanks to his roommates. By the time he was done, he was able to walk on his own, though he stumbled a bit, his legs were still a bit weak. When he exited the bathroom, he saw Soonyoung standing in the hall near the bathroom. It seemed like he needed it so he was waiting, but he couldn’t help but notice the older looking at him with narrowed eyes. “What is it?”

 

“Nothing.” The blonde answered instantly. His eyes narrowed even more.

 

“Okay…” Mingyu chuckled and started his way back to his room. When he looked over his shoulder, he saw Soonyoung staring at him with that expression all the way from the end of the hallway, it was low-key creepy! “STOP!” He called over at him.

 

“Don’t fall again!” Soonyoung called back before entering the bathroom and shut the door a bit loud but nothing too drastic.

 

“Sorry about that.” Mingyu suddenly heard Seokmin say behind him. “He’s just a little bitter, that’s all.”

 

“About what?” He looked at him, completely confused.

 

“Well, Seungkwan sort of interrupted us when he came to get our help.”

 

“Okay, you can stop.” Mingyu held his hand up to silence him. “I’m going to sleep now, goodnight, hyung.”

 

“Goodnight! Sweet dreams!” Seokmin said cheerfully and shut the bedroom door for him once he was inside. He headed to his own shared room and waited for his boyfriend to return a moment later. Soonyoung was still pouting from before and was slow about shutting the door and everything. Seokmin chuckled because he thought it was cute.

 

He got up and approached him from behind and surprised his lover when he turned around by placing his hand on the door behind him, like one of those cliché moves in the movies. “Cheer up, babe, don’t go to sleep while you’re still mad. You won’t sleep well if you do.”

 

“I know.” He muttered, STILL POUTING. Seokmin placed his other hand on the door behind him and he now had Soonyoung pinned at their door. His expression softened since now he was flustered. Seokmin looked at him with his kind and warm smile and soon his boyfriend’s bitter mood started to fade away. “Thanks, babe.”

 

“No problem.” Seokmin said sweetly before giving him a small loving kiss to his lips. “Let’s go to sleep now.” He added and took him by the hand to lead them to Soonyoung’s bed. Usually they sleep separately since Soonyoung struggles with sharing his bed, but tonight he was willing to risk being kicked in the stomach or knocked off, just so his lover can fall asleep in better moods. It was clear that Soonyoung appreciated it and Seokmin was happy to see him smile again. “Goodnight, my love, sweet dreams.”

 

“Goodnight, babe. Sorry in advance.” Soonyoung said happily and Seokmin chuckled.

 

 

“Woozi, wake up, time for breakfast!” Ren chirped and nudged Jihoon who was still sleeping on his bed. The model had woken up a bit early and left to wash up and get ready for his day. Since he didn’t have much in his fridge downstairs to make breakfast, he was going to take Jihoon out to get some at a cafe or something. “Yah, wake up already!” Ren pouted when his friend didn’t even stir in his sleep. He was now sprawled out in the middle of his bed. “Do I have to ask Chucky to come wake you up?”

 

“I’m up!” Suddenly Jihoon sprung to life and nearly fell off the bed.

 

“Good!” Ren smiled sweetly and dropped the change of clothes he had for him at the front of the bed. “Get changed and wash up, then we’ll go have breakfast somewhere nice.”

 

“Okay.” Jihoon muttered while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

 

Ren stepped out of the room so Jihoon could get changed and while he was out, he decided to text Baekho for a ride since he didn’t really feel like driving. He was feeling a lot better today, but he decided he should still take it easy. After Baekho said he was on his way, Ren returned to his room to check on Jihoon since he didn’t come out yet. “Jihoon?” He knocked and asked. When he didn’t hear a reply, he opened his door. “Jihoon!” He nearly shouted when he saw the blonde sleeping while sitting up on the bed. “Wake up!”

 

4MK49tx06iB7q3-BkVGjyIQJ50WdcHWEkQ74NZswIgwm-uXh83TTE93AaNdB0pRKTnaU6CZIcFw1cM9WwAGw0iMqqa2ionUyfeOC726vFQnvRUD2Vam_bYkoFccGA4YyBWCiGXIy

 

“Don’t shout!” Jihoon groaned and slapped his own cheeks to help wake up.

 

“Do I need to get Chucky to dress you?”

 

“No!” Jihoon glared at him. “Stop bringing up that stupid doll!”

 

“You’re pretty brave to say that out loud.” Ren pouted at him.

 

LdrxcGbmyF-DX1Rb6Ya1x9oLn_HIWRrH122eUUvfocAh0gNfOmPupD-xHmh4KVGNMgS5eGopE5syj_te4qmi9MD6Y6XWsFErrPIHCLo_Xfpp9EGwB49NV6Ho9EUpjLHe3L30A9uI

Ren: Chucky is gonna get you for that.

*Baekho shows up lol*

lJCa6EiqpTxcTdEAC5W5H_yOVWeP8ZTGSXiCdu04Vpa1NIYV0uXVxDVUzYfJYRnQ9OW2fNGqvWr87oe3DtX8QgVOnZrERUUOhnUq4d1QYX4xh_iUsEw6M5vBoJnGqt5O-MD4_CKx

Jihoon: I’d like to see him try.

QIkBhGsr44FEtjYkHBUhBIIzbY8czi2hhBcG_4T1g6owJJcZ_5y8lo766a0s8ebwpnzGggR3yrBRGy0ArNORhQI_sbWs8LYFJF9sLEWOUOTYDN4Hs3QWJC_YbOyxLeplyqN2BOai

Ren: Seriously, Jihoon… take it back.

Minhyun: Yeah, it’s probably best you do.

fCtiYc1t8jCXbpBmTHi290UE85j9AD3_7BLkUgJu9lQujFdBDUha6MgzcvC69CL3whO-wxYO1L400VEqWoQSHI61w3kBHQWM7BM3xj1bjXBjVX8dWikPmUkBqKvM-FcH78-J8xfr

Jihoon: Okay, fine. I take it back. I’m sorry Chucky.

INfn26ZiY6gqJCWtZtM2kNs63Qky8LrHif0fdpatTCtyxrrtGF0xPtyUhPNNaPjNhCzCa-eSUk7OI-xQEesD37NtwEH1caEHf4yWGnQBbfQmk_YdqiGjAaDGMUR6flShDhlmWnkM

Ren: He forgives you. LOL

 

Once Jihoon was finished getting dressed and washed up, they headed down to the lot and greeted Baekho a good morning before he drove them to their destination. Jihoon ended up dozing off in the backseat on Ren’s shoulder halfway through the drive. Ren was going to scold him, but instead just allowed him to sleep until they got to the cafe. Baekho thought it was cute to see Ren with his friend like that, he seemed more happier today and he was glad. He hoped it would stay like this, at least for a full day because Ren needed a break from all the tears and drama. Just for now at least.

 

...

 

Soonyoung woke up and was surprised to see Seokmin was still in bed with him this morning. It seemed like his boyfriend survived the night and it put a smile on his lips. This was nice and he wished it could happen more often. He took a moment to cherish this moment and snuggled CLOSER into his boyfriend’s chest. Seokmin’s arms wrapped around him tighter and he hummed happily. It was such a sweet moment until they heard someone at the front door. They figured Mingyu or Seungkwan would get it because they tend to wake up early most of the time, so they stayed in place. But no one ever answered the door. “I’ll get it.” Seokmin volunteered and got up to leave, though it was difficult since Soonyoung was latched onto him and complaining for him not to leave. “Babe, what if it’s a delivery or something?” Seokmin chuckled and made sure his lover wouldn’t fall on the floor.

 

“Fine.” Soonyoung let go and plopped back onto the bed. He curled up into a ball and covered himself with the blankets with a pouty whimper. Seokmin just found it cute and chuckled before he headed to the front door to answer it.

 

“Morning, hyung. Sorry, were you all still sleeping?” It was Hansol. He had bags of homemade food, most likely from his mother and two pink roses, most likely for his Boo.

 

“It’s okay, it’s about time we woke up.” Seokmin assured him and stepped aside to let him in. He offered to take the bags of food off of his hands for him so he could go wake up his sleeping beauty with a kiss.

 

“I’m not doing that! Whatever!” Hansol blushed and hurried off. He was totally going to do that.

 

MLAf8PVBHlNKd48lgY3wbHHP5xZ-suCCbcD12sLB01jO0GwL2kcKwz5YJYeRwXSkk-DQIXRVwrct0mzDotbk0KUClP6KnGVbpPCWdTIuSfp9T7qlV63VizCdnLXBvNptTf0HS170

Noona… stop. *embarrassed*

Hq_ejaqc6gUpstz4f7oHrPGsm3Q9ZpKKlLsms59bKHfIFFikYouhQGi_jf0tmmn-OBOF1DwTGsNbK5-PfaQdSxA2zUCcc727DlxJt12FxfLSCJSDirpVQNwjxECyQmA3pICzOE4F

Hehehe...

G_FWGJP8G3KESrGdVnUYGUj2_qME03qDoWszUwwhz-pwKBxf6FqMKHB9SscAZAMoxe93TqHOEUJvsPEcCas2sQQMT6YbDXCUvXERZbGdDk7AlvN856p8ILbaXqpo9J744i2J7PH0FUw5hBXG77j4jJzfrrbqaleqVWCC73tQtPDYhToG1BhQOzphMHf8OegBExCYj5tEWqq_jhJ7bvso58VfGBo2KbUF9-Mz9vq_K44zVIVefAsWzzjcgJuPEBPZBQWwesoJC_PxFq1b

For my Boo… I’ll do it.

OTL They’re so cute omg.

 

When he entered the shared bedroom, he noticed Mingyu was already heading out to most likely use the bathroom and wash up. Hansol stepped out of his way and proceeded to walk over to Seungkwan’s bet with a cute smile on his lips. “Hey Boo, it’s morning, wake up please?” He said softly while pulling the covers back a bit to see Seungkwan’s cute sleeping face. He really adored this guy! “Boo, wake up.” He nudged him this time and the sleeping beauty’s eyes fluttered open and looked around before locking eyes with his prince. “Good morning, babe.” He greeted and held up the flowers.

 

Seungkwan stared for a few seconds before he nearly shrieked and quickly hid under his covers. “Don’t look at me, I just woke up!”

 

“You look fine!” Hansol laughed and tugged on the blankets. “Don’t be like that!”

 

“Really?” Seungkwan muttered under the blanket and sat up, but kept his face hidden.

 

“Yes! You’re beautiful to me no matter what!” Hansol said sweetly and waited for Seungkwan to come out of hiding. He could see him take a peek from behind the blanket and give a shy smile. “Here, I brought you these from mom’s indoor rose garden.”

 

“They’re so pretty!” Seungkwan gushed and accepted the flowers from him. “Thank you!”

 

“Of course, don’t worry, I asked before taking them.” Last time he didn’t and got in trouble by both his mother and his boyfriend, Seungkwan scolded him for taking things without asking first.

 

“Good!” Seungkwan chuckled and gave him a pat on his head. Hansol reached up to stop him by taking his hand into his and held it tight, that caused Seungkwan to get flustered.

 

“I brought breakfast, too. We should go eat, okay?” He said while helping Seungkwan out of bed. The older accidentally fell into Hansol when his foot got stuck in his mess of blankets and he apologized and hid his embarrassed face, but the younger hooked his finger under his chin and made him look up at him. “Are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine!” Seungkwan’s face was starting to turn red and Hansol just smiled before he leaned in for a kiss. Seungkwan was surprised but he expected that given their close proximity. His boyfriend always found a way to turn situations like those into something romantic. He enjoyed the kiss and they didn’t noticed Mingyu returned to the room.

 

He stayed quiet but his small snicker interrupted them. “Sorry.” He apologized with a sheepish smile. Hansol assured him it was fine before leading his embarrassed Boo out of the room leaving Mingyu by himself to pout.

 

The older had seen the SoonSeok couple being lovey dovey in the kitchen while they were plating the food and now he had to walk in on the Boonon couple sharing a cute moment. Everyone had their lover with them this morning but him and he was more bitter than coffee.

 

ZrmvcdlaPXMSGzPbPtGgMYoHHY1tN7mIPmGq_5hmCAKDNxppJhJiEqT1A2lYo8PJ3IIuCnPMFbVdwUNPG_vgBzZfl3_cVWifP8DgO0zsYXVUX6Irm20CI6lcrJAbNEBKtiZVlpq5

Whatever… whatever…. lol

 

He recalled yesterday morning when he woke up at Won Woo’s place, how nice it was before things started up again with the family drama. One day we can wake up and share cute lovey dovey moments like my friends, right? Since he had his boyfriend on his mind, he pulled out his phone to send him a text. He wasn’t expecting for him to be awake, but he thought to at least leave him a message asking how things were on his side. He did the same for Soo Min. I hope today is just a little easier for them.

 

“Mingyu, are you coming to eat?” Seokmin’s voice snapped him out of it at the doorway.

 

“Yeah, hold on, I have to do something first.” He said while getting up and getting out his notebook and a marker. Seokmin didn’t know what he was up to, but he returned to the table where the others were.

 

“Is he coming?” Hansol asked with his arm wrapped around Seungkwan, they were sitting close together. When Seokmin took his seat, Soonyoung instantly latched himself to his side as well and it was cute.

 

“Yeah, he said he had to do something first.” Seokmin answered and just on cue, Mingyu came out of his room with one of his pillows at his side. There was a piece of paper taped to the pillow with Won Woo’s name on it. “Uhm?”

 

“What?” Mingyu asked as if nothing was out of the ordinary while the others stared and held back their laughter. They understood, he was jealous about being the only one at the table without his boyfriend.

 

“Morning, Won Woo-hyung. Glad you could join us for breakfast today.” Hansol greeted with a small laugh.

 

“He says thanks.” Mingyu tried to say with a straight face, but he also thought he was being silly and laughed at himself. They all ate their breakfast after that, Mingyu ate for two and Soonyoung scolded him about it.


 

SaL1U9NYEht15fPKxfPkVfVKQVtfLzTlqm69R7ejUPxKlp99NjYmND_ltyYUEeRBvk2-qF9hIn97n2SSUf8eB2m8_JPpisp8xUQMkW_VzVRKctxSCxZP1VvayTLxR3mvEClNJaJ4

Boonon
HoeEPse-wTFio-Zh1DbGSCwlk_3oBki_6f4LV3WizTnBsf2ezMMoP-rdKaqPepKv_2Z20m64gTwshPxMEnZqR0pufkZ1Z6XtPo3BdOs0iKz55TCahK6AKP_PDUWXtkStUuxnty59
SoonSeok

DhyZfWj1-BGrhErre4LRlWC9fg3hb9nVS3fkQ8lPwkJ_rYjtLThpHEnYk3r54xRRNmDpvX4zEdHi9s849Qc-2Y6pzF9Y5GWFTzhpdPxprDqk6Q6My6-68G_9wNHwdS3UvHv4_H1S

Bitter Gyu~

Author-nim, why? :(

6eoX97vGcQk0xVx3xp4NKFYzdSz_7asVIhsMm2TYzccHsHkEgrf8QIKgJQl8uXoWD00IuuLfQESVU3COwo0jOyPlyrntOA4UBdz0STy7GcRimtn7O-l5_dHJY3-XnCjwzHRgRUdQ

You will live, relax.

 

 

Jisoo’s alarm didn’t even get the chance to sound off since he already turned it off before it could. He was already awake… for the past three hours! He just couldn’t go back to sleep when he got up for a bathroom break earlier at 5am so here he was, waiting for the day to tell him to start, aka, his alarm. It technically didn’t go off, so… he thought but quickly shook that thought out of his head. He was really dreading the task of studying and even though maybe he should have already started when he couldn’t sleep. At least he’d be halfway through it all, right?

 

It wasn’t like he didn’t want to study, he just didn’t feel like he could focus right now after everything that’s been going on. He was worried about his friends like everyone else, but he wasn’t that close with them, so it’s not like he gets to stay in the loop that often. He’s been worried about Jeonghan, too. If his girlfriend was stressed, he was stressed. Which makes Jisoo stressed because he cares and wants to help however he can. But there wasn’t much he could do right now so he had to distract himself from it. Studying should take his mind off of it all…

 

“I really should get started.” He muttered with a small sigh and rolled out of bed. “I should eat first.” He added and made his way to the kitchen to make something simple like toast and juice.

 

When he entered the kitchen he was almost startled since Junhui was already in there cooking breakfast. “Good morning!” He greeted him with a bright smile over his shoulder from his spot at the stove.

 

“Morning.” Jisoo greeted back after calming down and headed for the bread and the toaster.

 

“Sleep well?” Junhui asked with a hint of concern.

 

“I think so.” Jisoo simply replied and focused on his task.

 

“Something bothering you?” Junhui clearly could see it.

 

“I’m just not looking forward to studying today, that’s all.” Jisoo forced a small laugh with a smile.

 

“Is that really all?”

 

“I guess I’m still worried about Minghao and the others…” He supposed there was no use in trying to lie to his roommate. He wasn’t really good at it in the first place. And it was wrong to lie, but he just didn’t know what to do honestly, because there was something really bothering him but he didn’t want to talk about it or for anyone to know it either.

 

“It’s okay, I’m worried too.” Junhui assured him. “I’m going to text Soo Min in a bit, so I’ll let you know what’s up if you want?”

 

“Please do. Thanks.” Jisoo nodded with a more sincere smile. At least today he wasn’t too bothered to hear her name. I really hope she’s okay. He supposed he should find some time to speak to her instead of always hearing about everything from Junhui and Jeonghan. What kind of friend is he if he doesn’t even speak with her one on one from time to time? “Well, I’m going to start studying. I’ll be in do not disturb mode, so unless it’s an emergency, please don’t bother me.” He said with a dreadful tone and it made Junhui laugh.

 

“Well, if it’s going to be that way, you should eat more than just toast! It’ll help you study if you have a full stomach at least.”

 

“True… is it almost done?” Jisoo eyed the stuff the younger was cooking in the skillet.

 

“Almost.” Junhui nodded. “You can just relax for now until then, you’ll need that too.”

 

“Thanks.” Jisoo appreciated having a roommate like Junhui. He was always so kind and caring, even though it didn’t seem that way for Minghao. The situation is different for them, that’s all. Junhui was going to prove he’s a good guy now after all this. For now, Jisoo was going to relax like Junhui suggested by sitting on the couch and watching whatever what playing on the TV. He’d eat when his roommate’s done cooking then lock himself in his room for god only knows how long. It was going to be a long day!

 

...

 

Seungcheol was eating breakfast alone this morning since Jeonghan hadn’t woken up yet, but this was normal for him so he didn’t bother his sleeping friend. He knew he needed it after having such a long day yesterday, he kept falling asleep all day! I hope he’s not getting sick either. He was worried about him, but then again, Jeonghan always got tired easily growing up. Whenever they’d play at the playground with little Chan, Jeonghan always needed a nap despite kids their age were done with naps at the time. It was cute though and Seungcheol never minded lending his lap or shoulder for his friends to sleep on, they could always lean on him when they need it. He supposed being a college student didn’t help much with the massive load of homework and deadlines, so maybe Jeonghan was being smart and getting all the sleep he could get to get everything done, his grades are pretty good after all.

 

Thinking about Jeonghan’s good sleeping habits suddenly had him thinking of Jihoon’s bad sleeping habits. He’s heard from Won Woo and Soo Min how many times the guy stays up late to finish homework because he was busy working on his music when he should have been doing his responsibilities! Sigh. Seungcheol worries about him a lot, too. He wondered how he was doing since yesterday. He heard he went home with Ren before they left. Did he sleep over? He wondered and couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous… naturally. Are they anything like WooMin? Did they share the same bed? His thoughts went into overdrive thinking about it and he was getting stressed until Jeonghan startled him by greeting him good morning by the couch. “Ah, morning!” He blurted out and Jeonghan looked at him weird.

 

“You okay?”

 

“I’m fine!” He quickly nodded then gestured to the kitchen. “Your food should still be warm in the kitchen. I was waiting for it to cool off before putting it away, but I guess you woke up earlier than I thought you would.”

 

“Thanks.” Jeonghan smiled before hurring off to go eat it, like a little kid, it was adorable! Sometimes Seungcheol missed the days when they were kids, every day was a new adventure and they never had to worry about anything because they were kids. He doesn’t deal with much drama himself, but his friends do and he wish it didn’t have to be like that. He wished he could take their place sometimes. He supposed his big heart just couldn’t help it, he wanted everyone to be happy and safe, always. “Yah!” Suddenly Jeonghan shouted from the kitchen.

 

“What? What is it?” Seungcheol quickly got up and rushed over to see what the problem was.

 

“Why did you put carrots in mine?” Jeonghan asked with an angry pout. “You know I don’t like carrots!”

 

“Sorry, it was an accident.” I guess it’s fine, he’s still a kid in that adult body of his. Seungcheol was totally making that 100% done anime face right about now. “Just pick them out and I’ll make use of them later.”

 

“Okay.” Jeonghan continued to pout and carefully picked the orange vegetables out from his food and placed them into a small pile on the edge of his plate. “So, something happen? You usually don’t make accidents like these.” He said and eyed him suspiciously.

 

“Nothing happened?” Seungcheol chuckled. “It was just an honest mistake.”

 

“Hmmm.” He narrowed his eyes even more. Seungcheol frowned and rolled his eyes. “Just don’t let it happen again.”

 

“Understood, your majesty.” Seungcheol joked and Jeonghan laughed.

 

“Been a while since anyone said that to me.” He pointed out. “Now I miss my King.”

 

“Oh, here we go.” Seungcheol snickered and returned to the living room with Jeonghan following close behind with his food. They sat on the couch and he the TV and allowed whatever was on to play. Jeonghan wasn’t picky about the show at least.

 

“What are your plans for today?” Jeonghan asked after a short while, he was almost done eating by then.

 

“Not sure. I thought about dropping by Jihoon’s place to check on him.”

 

“You can’t just text him?” Jeonghan said with a hint of teasing.

 

“Well, I thought about eating lunch with him too?” Seungcheol didn’t catch it and was confused by Jeonghan’s comments.

 

“Ah, I see.” Jeonghan had a nonchalant tone now. “Go for it.”

 

“I don’t need your approval.”

 

“I’ll just have lunch with my beloved King. We’ll go eat somewhere romantic. You should do that with the prince, too.” Jeonghan grinned but he was only met with a small glare. “Be sure to go on a romantic walk as w-” he was saying until Seungcheol grabbed one of the carrots off his plate and tossed it into his mouth while he was talking. He was just lucky he didn’t choke on it! Jeonghan spit it out instantly while Seungcheol laughed his off, he didn’t expect for that to go so well! “How dare you!”

 

1voalFPfr0AqE7aE6KzlXo56oq0zodlesVTCOrs_MfL8yu6JL_YkVDTqDBoRDcRJrQX1Z620LdPxa4WJmwwBa6_xnVJWes7AHqYA9K476nEfnSyXyiAKhyvC9_z8iqaGiU4Ur5ig

 

“You’re fine.” Seungcheol waved a hand at him.

 

mMoPxFjolze4gXABKLXGdDgg5mqmdOqEK-gagJsndfXF280BglFyAXdiZK_0FnC6vk-BZJwIMtVHlU0QU5erlldHYL_pckDpu2o_ISx6Y1C_ubi175GUWDIW1uoMHy5I1Ey4mp_5

*Carrots LOL

 

Jeonghan moved his plate far away from his evil best friend because he didn’t trust him anymore after that. Seungcheol was just happy that he didn’t have to hear the Queen go on about romantic lunches and romantic walks anymore, he doesn’t regret his actions at all. LOL.

 

hyxjtwUFWy4JgQR8aaU9Tm_UMf9dU5lOYgFrn4n1b1O_Ret_N8tF8klN-oFR-IzPguJBqd2ysIC1Z7N6ThrsHMN-t7-hB1p_1fqWgVvIII_Xsmy_FWOWVnoCqgoF75fOngnJDtBD

*Jeonghan planning his revenge*

*Seungcheol, not even worried*

O1ie27aTlYFXcH4n9omOA21lYdG0Jx_tqvCHsxuduqRrFrfgf-A3w1yuEmLZJ56q5MzUvot80gYtwn0CPcDKqDbjwP9GhfJtPgiJXnBFTeFPP3pV5ebZu1y29an6SMCLH20I2_du

Jeonghan, you will live! Knock it off!!!

 

...

 

When Soo Min woke up, she noticed she wasn’t alone in her bed and turned to see Won Woo next to her on his back sleeping quietly. She was slightly confused, but guessed that he came to her room when she was sleeping and got into her bed. She started to think maybe he had come to talk to her, but unfortunately, she was asleep. Damn. It was a minute before she stretched and sat up on her side of the bed and looked down at Won Woo who had woken up while she did that. She was slightly startled when he looked at her and she clutched her racing heart and sighed. So far both he and Ren have scared the living daylight out of her like that.

 

“Morning.” He said with a hint of a chuckle.

 

“Morning.” She pouted. “Sleep well?”

 

“Kind of.” He admitted with a small shrug and sighed.

 

“Something wrong?” She managed to ask and she could tell he really did have something to say. “What is it?”

 

“Nothing’s really wrong.” He assured her. “But… yesterday morning, my dad called.” Now that they’ve gotten a somewhat good night’s rest, and it was a new day… he felt like he could bring it up now.

 

“Your dad?” She questioned in response.

 

“Yeah. He called to ask if I bought the tickets for L.A yet. Said I usually call when I bought them… guess it’s clear that I should have been making all the calls to them this whole time. No wonder I never hear from them.” Just like yesterday, he started to get bitter about the situation again like he expected.

 

“I suppose.” Soo Min simply said in a soft tone. “That’s kind of lame though, they work overseas where the times difference is night and day. They really expect you to be calling them when they’re busy with work? You’re busy with school too… What ever happened to emailing each other? Surely that would be a better method?”

 

“I don’t know. It just went so long like this that I just gave up on it.”

 

“I would have too.” Actually, that’s how it seems now given how caught off guard she was when her father invited her to lunch earlier in the week. She barely talks to her parents these days, so she could understand how Won Woo felt at times.

 

“What happened to us?” He asked, referring to his relationship with his parents. “I don’t understand why it all had to go this way?”

 

“It probably had to do with the affair.” She pointed out. “They must’ve got nervous and decided to flee before they could get caught, but I suppose it didn’t matter in the long run.”

 

“They should have been honest from the start. Surely it wouldn’t have gotten this bad with so many secrets and betrayal.”

 

“They should have, but I suppose we all make mistakes and rash decisions. I know it full well.”

 

“It’s okay.” He supposed she had a good point. Humans aren’t perfect, there’s no such thing as perfection… perfection is just a bunch of high expectations that cannot be met. Impossible things.

 

“I know you don’t want to hear it… but try not to think of it as your parents not caring. I know your mom… really cares for you.”

 

“She does?” He was a bit confused. “How would you know that?” He added after sitting up on his side of the bed to listen closely.

 

“Hyungwon ended up telling me the story of how Ren was adopted. He said that Rina and your mom were best friends. He also told me that Rina is aual and aromantic so she focuses on her work most of the time, she’s a workaholic.” Won Woo recalled Ren telling him that yesterday morning, about how his mother has been getting busier and busier. “It’s clear she would never find someone to settle down with and have kids, despite she did want kids. So, when Ren was born, your mom gave him to Rina, to help her not lose herself in her work. It’s obvious that your mom couldn’t keep Ren because of the affair, something had to be done and that’s what she chose. I suppose after giving him up, you were born nine months after. And she was able to keep you because you weren’t from the affair with my dad.”

 

Won Woo seemed speechless about what he was hearing but tried to stay strong through it all. “Hyungwon said after a while, my mom found out about the affair and things got tense between our parents. Your mom was feeling guilty about it and found a job overseas and took it, to distance herself from you because she was distanced from Ren too, it didn’t seem fair. Like she punished herself about it all.” Soo Min could see the heartbroken look in Won Woo’s eyes, it was difficult. “Her own selfish choices have caused a negative impact on you and now you think they left you behind because you did something wrong. Just one big misunderstanding.”

 

“I can’t believe it.” Won Woo was at a loss for words.

 

“Me either, but that’s what happened. But now that we’ve met Ren and the truth is coming to the light, maybe there’s a chance we can all OVERCOME this and accept everything so we can be one big happy family? Right?”

 

“Maybe.” Won Woo didn’t sound too positive with his reply and she figured that would happen, she understood. He was probably upset to hear his mother literally distanced herself from him because of the affair he had no knowledge of. He must feel abandoned in a way. It felt like the tables had turned and it was Won Woo who was upset and wasn’t taking the news that well.

 

“Will you be okay?” She asked, clearly worried about him. “I know it’s a lot to take in and to process… but you’ll be okay, right?”

 

“I hope so.” He slowly lied back down and stared up at the ceiling with a mixed expression. “Their way of caring doesn’t seem that great on my end.” He pointed out. “You can understand why I felt bitter about it before, right?”

 

“Yeah, I get it.” She nodded in agreement. “I’m hoping they can be honest with you soon.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“For now, let’s just relax. Just for a bit since we have midterms starting Monday. Remember to study!” She said in a nagging tone and he laughed.

 

“Alright.” He was feeling better now that they talked. Mingyu was right, in a way, she understood him better than he could, though she still tried to get him to rethink his feelings about the situation and honestly, he needed that. He couldn’t imagine how his parents were feeling when they moved away and left their child behind like that. Maybe he had been thinking selfishly about the situation and didn’t even try to think of other possibilities, like the affair Soo Min mentioned.

 

“So, is that all that happened yesterday morning with your dad calling?” She asked and he shook his head no in reply. “I suppose Ren showed up shortly after that, right?”

 

“Yeah.” He nodded with a faint smile. “He said he just had a feeling he needed to come see me and I’m glad he showed up just in time.”

 

“That’s good.” She smiled. “Sorry I couldn’t be there when you need it.”

 

“I’m sorry, too. We both needed someone, at least you had Jihoon and I had Ren, so it’s fine.”

 

“Right, right, interesting how they were friends before meeting us. They’re like a little duo helping another duo. How sweet.” She cooed and grinned from thinking about it. “I wonder how things went with them after leaving the hospital?”

 

“Who knows. I bet they had fun considering they used to be friends like you said.”

 

“So, we’re having dinner with them later, right? Where will we eat? Here or someone else’s place?”

 

“Why don’t we eat at Ren’s place? He was saying how big and lonely it is over there, maybe it will make him happy if we visited him like that.”

 

“That sounds like a great idea, I like it.” She smiled brightly. “It’ll be your first time there, too, how even more exciting.” She added on with a small little CLAP of her hands.

 

“I’m the only one who hasn’t been to his house?” He snickered since he remembered Jihoon and left with Ren and Minhyun last night when they left the hospital. It’s clear he went to visit Ren’s house. “Then I guess it’s a good start.”

 

“A fun start. His house is huge!” She exclaimed. “I didn’t get a proper house tour though since the situation was different, but maybe this time we can explore.”

 

“Get permission first.” He chuckled and lightly hit her knee with the back of his hand. He was still lying down while she was sitting upright besides him.

 

“I will! Sheesh!” She playfully rolled her eyes before glancing around her room for a second. “What time is it anyway?” She asked and he turned to reach for her phone on the nightstand next to her bed for her. She thanked him and the display to see it was almost noon! “Wah?! We slept in so late!” She blurted out and worried when she saw several missed texts from their friends. There was a few from Jeonghan, naturally, and even a few from Mingyu! Then there were some from Minhyun, Baekho and Ren. Jihoon even... Junhui as well. Minghao and the two new friends she met yesterday, LiNa and Mei Yi.

 

“Someone’s popular.” Won Woo teased. He had gotten somewhat the same amount of texts as well, but it didn’t seem as crazy of a list as Soo Min’s. He had gotten texts from Mingyu, Jihoon, Jeonghan, Seungcheol, Jisoo, Junhui and Daniel. Mingyu was asking how Won Woo was doing today? Jeonghan and the others asked the same while Daniel was asking if he died or something, he hadn’t seen him since their Tuesday class and was quite worried since he saw Soo Min at Min Ji’s house the other night and she seemed bothered by something. He knows the duo are close. He heard from Wonho that she talked to her cousin but he didn’t really say what it was about since it wasn’t anyone else’s business.

 

Daniel: You don’t have to tell me what’s going on,

but just let me know if you’re okay at least! You missed class,

so be sure to hit me up so I can give you a copy of the study guide!

 

Won Woo knew he had to do that today for sure. Maybe he could meet with him before dinner tonight? He decided on that and sent a reply saying they can meet up at 2pm at the public library to go over the study guide and other things he missed in class.

 

As for Mingyu’s text, he got a reply of him asking about lunch and if he wanted to go eat something together with him? He really thought about that and looked to Soo Min who looked concerned at her phone. “What is it?”

 

“I’m… in a bit of a dilemma here.” She said and looked up at him. “Jeonghan wants to eat lunch together, but those girls I met yesterday also want to go eat lunch together and… my dad just texted and asked to eat lunch together as well.”

 

“Again, someone’s popular.” He said with a worried chuckle. “I mean, I’m not really sure what you should do? I would say to pick Jeonghan because he wins by a landfall, but with your dad in the mix… your dad wins by a landfall. Unless… you don’t want to see your dad right now?”

 

“I’m just nervous.” She frowned. She did tell Ren that she’d be confronting their father about everything soon, but she didn’t think it would be this soon! She could just wait and confront him another time, though the timing seemed so perfect, why drag this out any longer? “All of a sudden, he took me to lunch earlier this week and told me that he was going to L.A this year… and now he’s inviting me to lunch again. Maybe he changed his mind and is going to say he’s not going after all?”

 

“Maybe?” Won Woo shrugged. “You won’t know until you go and listen to what he has to say.” What he has to say, huh? Now she wondered if maybe her father has come to confront her about the same thing? It’s a possibility, isn’t it?

 

“True. But what do I say to the others?”

 

“Just be honest. Say your dad asked you to lunch and it’s important. They’ll understand, right?”

 

She figured he was right and went on to text her replies to Jeonghan and the girls before answering her father’s text. Just like Won Woo said, they were understanding that meeting with her father should always come first. But she still couldn’t help but be worried. How was this meeting going to go? She hoped it wouldn’t be another stressful day, especially after the last two days.

 

“Mingyu invited me to lunch, so I’ll be with him, but just remember if anything happens, just text or call me okay? Don’t worry about bothering us, because we know what’s going on and don’t want you suffering alone anymore, got it?”

 

“Thanks.” She said with a sad smile. “I’m sure it’ll be fine. I’ll be strong.”

 

“Good.” He reached over to pet her on the head and she pouted but didn’t swat his hand away at least. “Are you going to take your car?”

 

“No, I don’t think so. I think he’ll come pick me up.” She explained while checking her phone for her father’s reply.

 

Dad: I’m outside waiting!

 

“He’s already here!” She almost shouted and jumped off her bed at the speed of light and ran to her closet to get dressed. “Why does he always do this? He did this last time!” She complained and Won Woo chuckled before he quickly got up and left the room so she could have her privacy and took a seat on the couch. Mingyu replied to him by then and he proceeded to tell him what was going on with Soo Min.

 

Mingyu: I hope things will be okay.

 

Won Woo: Me too. We’ll have to be on standby in

case anything happens, is that alright with you?

 

Mingyu: Of course! I don’t mind.

I’m worried about her just as much as you!

 

Won Woo: Thanks, I appreciate it. I’ll come

get you once she leaves and I get ready.

 

Mingyu: Got it! I’ll be waiting! ^^

 

Soo Min came running out of the bathroom once she was done washing up and dashed to the

front door to put her coat on. “I’m leaving!” She called over to him with a nervous wave.

 

“Don’t think about it too much, okay?” He called over to her with a warm smile and instantly it seemed like her nerves went away. “You got this.”

 

“I got this!” She grinned with a determined fist pump. “Actually, I don’t, but I’m trying!” She added with a weak laugh. “Here I go!” And then she was out the front door. Won Woo waited for a moment for her to chicken out and come back, but she didn’t and he honestly was proud of her.

 

Now that she was gone, he got up and headed to his room so he could get ready and go pick up Mingyu for lunch like planned. While he changed, he recalled about the markings on his neck from the other day and checked to see if it was safe to wear something other than a turtleneck today. Luckily, the markings weren’t that noticeable anymore, but he picked another turtleneck anyway since he liked them. The weather was changing now, so it was better this way.


Chapter forty-eight~

 

oIZEMV19KVDbJ_livu_KNkXmA3E_dWBv-6M-1vumYD5AizUsswQ09Acr3B07e4B67jU-B7GpQHNUrZOhffS2lj3HUNGef1UmCDKOlS-h0lOm3K3e0DDrCR9M-eyiDbdsRTZGyXbr

Three weeks in a row that I updated! Wow, I’m happy~!

This was going to be a short chapter-

SWlB0NTOlA4CrnYN70YPtkcLwKUhjFW95g0Lgp_RSvIKpbg43Y2K0wWJ77kSK6az16ynJ_oXAoD4SAqEen7ADvxM1cNPQhFH1RqIJ5wsSSebBZLLwTNKJfPdSeUz8JO6Dxhf9vRm

Define short?

gYQ63KbAOzPK-QsghfY-O8tH8zDuc2tt-EXcBuW5dewna-tc_0rd1I_qkGexXVLj2EEta2H2XUGwiNNWuhhps_EfIXqwMupeIAU4f20cbURP4ktjCzG4_QZ78uG54IgdeZ2Ag9z_

5k words lol seems so sort for me after posting so many 10k chapters~

But at least I was able to come up with a few extra scenes to make it longer, so you’re welcome!

3ihlczSJU70LzrV34yblyaCZQrw7sS_zbCyk7EsKF3DK-8j3Uf3VM5F0Gg0rzdzRNNMbgf4SZB7_e7b73R8ujt6fGH6momjjxorT3MjK6DCIImp-nLSb9d-UPLb2rxXpaLC7WNb1

I tried to get everyone in here but it just didn’t work that well, but don’t worry, they will be in the future chapters, just too many characters lol.

B5Jw0OeRufIl8maYmESjOgNxEZoHetmSn84RmmPYh9g7D7dFYJFmDYkHCaWL3GAwCWMhYuvvS66PPZJInOpvSmPyrjsISg1MxtgHWiMb6e2r3tZGfSIeUZiVGHhEljVD0DZW8H2R

=.= Jeonghan, it’s almost 5am right now, I don’t have time to talk about your carrot scene lol

So until next time~! JEONGHAN, YOU WILL LIVE, KNOCK IT OFF! LOL