Chapter 43

CLOSER [HIATUS]

“Ms. Yoon, your grandson is here to see you.” The female staff announced after knocking and entering the patient’s room.

 

“Oh?” The elder woman looked up from the book she was reading next to her window. “Send him in!” She happily closed her book and sat it down on the little table next to her rocking chair. The female staff nodded and stepped out. A few seconds later, Jeonghan entered the room with a small bouquet of flowers, he didn’t have a chance to bring any last time, so he made sure to do it today. “Hannie~! I’m so happy to see you again so soon!”

 

“Me too.” He gave her a sweet smile before giving her a quick hug. He gave her a moment to admire the flowers he brought before he stepped over to her nightstand next to her bed and placed them into the empty vase for display. “Be sure to add water soon.” He mentioned while sitting in the other rocking chair next to his grandmother’s. He rocked a bit from sitting down and rested his head back with a small sigh. His mood didn’t seem as great as it should be and that worried the elder.

 

“Is something wrong, Hannie?” She asked and reached over to rest her hand on his.

 

“Everything’s fine, I think.” He assured her with a weak smile. “There’s just been a lot going on these days.” He added and turned his hand so he could hold hers. “How have you been?”

 

“I’ve been good.” She said happily and started to talk about little events and scenarios that occurred since he last visited. She even talked about how one of the new male residents at the home flirted with her yesterday when she got help getting her lunch.

 

“Really?” It wasn’t like Jeonghan didn’t believe her, but… you know. “Or was he just being super nice?” His grandmother has been a widow for two years now, only recently has she started to move on and noticed how other elderly men seem interested in her at the elder home. Actually, now that he thought about it, it was freaking cute. His 65 year old grandmother could still have men chasing her after all these years. He wondered if he’d have that going for him when he’s old and gray, too? Of course he’d still be faithful to Soo Min, heck, he’ll probably be fighting off the other men with his walking cane if the truth is known. Those thoughts made him laugh.

 

“I’m still getting used him not being here with me.” His grandmother said with a sad smile. “He would always make sure other men knew I was his…” Jeonghan felt so sad hearing her say that. He couldn’t imagine how much it hurts to lose the love of your life so suddenly. Sometimes he even thought about that happening with his parents, or with him and Soo Min. After talking with his girlfriend last night and his parents being brought up, he decided to come and check on his beloved grandmother since he knew anything could happen in a blink of an eye. He also wondered if the elder’s been talking to his parents lately, too.

 

“He’s still here with you, in spirit.” Jeonghan gave her hand a tight squeeze. “Who was it? I think halabeoji wants me to let that guy know he don’t stand a chance.” That got her laughing and it was adorable. She’s mentioned before she has no desire to find a new love after losing her husband. She couldn't bare going through that pain again and so she’ll wait… until she can be reunited with the one she still loves. “Halmoni…”

 

“Yes, dear?”

 

“Have you been talking with my parents lately?” His expression faltered a bit and she knew it was probably difficult for him to ask after what happened.

 

“Yes.” She answered. “They’ve been asking about you.”


“Really?” He looked up at her with a guilty look. “What have you been saying to them?”

 

“That you’re doing fine. They asked if you were still dating that girl. I said yes. They asked if you’re happy with that girl. I said yes. They said they still don’t understand. They said they still don’t like how you picked that girl over them. I didn’t say anything to that and hung up.” She did a small indifferent shrug at the end and Jeonghan covered his mouth in surprised. He didn’t know his grandmother could be so savage.

 

Cjvy-snHycUcPDT8VyYRew6bZ6q9hz2vpwbLnAqxCPA1DIG_tlhhUavJnKhU1tyCuOugZ-__AN3Tr3vVSeB8tbS8le5dPg1aspUbrlqFfcGHgK8wvTMq48c_eqhxzo3QNMhoique

 

“... thanks.” He managed to say after processing what he heard.

 

“That daughter-in-law of mine is so stubborn, I swear… but I’m sure she will soon understand your choices, she has to. Or else she might lose you completely.”

 

“Yeah…” he did a small nod and looked down at their conjoined hands. “I don’t ever see myself leaving that girl for anything. I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I just want my parents to accept that… because I want them there when I get married to that girl. I want them there when I have children with that girl. I want them there for everything I do in life, with that girl.”

 

“Goodness, I know I started it with saying that girl, but she has a name for crying out loud!” His grandmother chuckled at her own words. Jeonghan also laughed, he was just playing along!

 

“Chae Soo Min… and Yoon Soo Min in the future.” He said with a sincere smile before it faltered. “It sounds a bit weird now that I said it out loud.” Maybe because he’s been so used to calling her Chae Soo Min.

 

“Aw, Hannie. You really should try to talk your parents again. Even if they don’t listen, keep talking. You can’t give up on it, okay?”

 

“You’re right.” She really was right. It’s partly his fault for ignoring them, how could things get better if he didn’t at least try to talk to them? He can’t give up so easily. He can’t be the only one who doesn’t fix his relationship with his parents like the others, he can’t be the only one not getting CLOSER to his parents. “I’ll talk to them soon.”

 

“Good.” The elder smiled. “Shall I tell them to wait for you?”

 

“Yes, please.” He nodded. “Thanks, Halmoni.”

 

“No problem!” She beamed and it got him smiling again.

 

“I hate to say it, but I should go now. I have some things to do on campus. Then I’m having lunch with Soo Min.”

 

“Tell her I said hello, and I miss her! She and Won Woo need to visit me soon!”

 

“I’ll tell them that. Hopefully soon, so be patient.” He said before leaning over and gave her a kiss to her cheek. “Next time someone flirts with you, play hard to get, okay?”

 

Roger that yes sir.” She gave a thumbs up and Jeonghan did the same!

 

[they’re so cute, I’m gonna cry TT^TT]

yXNnzdhYb9v8432B4T54SoC5Wgw49PwJD_B2Xkk_N6TIC13K3EiI5sWm48RCtCjUD9bR27G2R4gjl7WOieVFj6ujALaMCt6BAHAp4tdaHkvyxJ0oyx1h4Zhp7i3dMMNo76X9deHr

Wow I really don’t have a gif of Jeonghan giving a thumbs up?

I’m such a fake fan… JK lol

And damn, they're always wearing ripped jeans… even way back in Adore U era too x.x

 

 

Darkness was surrounding her yet there was a spotlight shining down on her from above. She was lost and confused. How did I get here? It hadn’t dawned on Soo Min yet that it was a dream. Why is it so dark? No matter how much she looked around, she couldn’t seem to see an ending point anywhere, like she was in the middle of nothingness. Then she heard a strange noise. It had come from behind her and she turned to see glowing green eyes a short distance away from her. A cold chill ran through her body when she heard the strange noise again and it sounded like a growl. Something was coming for her and she started to run as fast as she could, she almost tripped at first. When she tried to scream, nothing would come out of . Her voice was gone. She couldn’t even call out for help…

 

Despite how dark it was, she kept on running and hoped she wouldn’t run into a wall all of a sudden, that would be just her luck, right?

 

She ran into a wall.

 

She staggered back a bit and held onto her nose that collided with the invisible wall in front of her. She was cursing but it couldn’t be heard because she had no voice. The sound of what was chasing her snapped her out of it and she turned to see it getting CLOSER. Her knees gave out from under her because of how terrified she was, but out of nowhere, another figure came into view, a familiar looking familiar… it was also accompanied by another figure that looked familiar. They were both tall, one taller than the other, the tallest has short hair while the other had long hair, almost like hers. Ren? All she could really see was their silhouettes, almost like a scene out of an anime. She started to assume the other figure was Won Woo by the way it came to her side while the other stood in a protective stance, like they were ready to protect her from the terrible dark creature coming their way. It sort of reminded her of the camping trip she went on, when Ren had jumped in between her and Aron’s dog. Before anything else could happen, she woke up.

 

It was like she had been awake this whole time and just merely opened her eyes, it felt strange and she wondered if she even had fallen asleep? She was alert and aware instead of slow and distracted. She sat up in bed and noticed she was still at Jeonghan’s place, and while she liked sleeping over at her boyfriend’s place from time to time, she wished she wouldn’t have woken up here today. She wished she would have woken up at home in her own bed. Why am I always so rash about things? Would it have been so bad to go home in the first place? Surely Won Woo would have understood she wasn’t in the mood to talk to him and left her alone. “I’m always regretting things now…” she let out a tired sigh and eyed her phone on the nightstand next to Jeonghan’s bed. She grabbed it and checked the time before deciding on what she should do now. 10:10am.

 

She opened her contacts and looked through the list before tapping on one and tapped on the call button. “Good morning.” Jihoon’s voice greeted her on the other line. “Are you feeling any better today?” He asked.

 

“A little.” She said with another sigh, it was clear she didn’t want to talk about it but she can’t avoid it forever.

 

“Have you talked to Won Woo yet?”

 

“No, I haven’t gone home yet.”

 

“Really? Why not? No, nevermind. But are you planning on it?”

 

“Yeah… I’m just not really sure how to go about it at the moment. I have a lot of conflicting feelings. I talked with my cousin last night and he kind of confirmed things and I’ve just been trying to process it… it’s made me look at things differently and I started to feel a bit selfish and bad for thinking those things.”

 

“I’m listening if you want to tell me?”

 

She thought about it for a moment and it was sweet how Jihoon didn’t question if she hung up or not, because he knew she was thinking. “It felt like things would have been easier had it been Won Woo who turned out to be my brother.” She admitted. “But I feel bad since Ren actually is my brother now and it’s awful that I’d wish for things to be different.”

 

“It’s natural for you to think that way, don’t worry about it. This was all sprung onto you so suddenly and things happened way too quickly, of course you would feel like that and it’s okay. I definitely know Ren will understand.”

 

“You really think so?”

 

“Of course, I’m sure not much has changed these past five years, the Ren I knew was always so understanding and kind, he always put others before himself.”

 

“I feel like a jerk now.”

 

“No! Don’t think that, I’m sorry!” Jihoon sounded so worried now and it made her smile just a bit.

 

“I’m just angry with myself, that’s all. I let my emotions get the best of me and was quick to react instead of calming down. I regret a lot of things and wished I had done it more differently… because now I’ve worried everyone. How do I face them now?”

 

“That’s fine. You’ll know once you’re there.” He said positively. “I know I’m not any good with words, but I hope you know that I’m here for you…”

 

“Jeez, way to make my want to cry so early in the day!” She chuckled and blinked back the tears that started to form the moment she heard his voice. It was a little amusing how they had fought recently and only made up a few days ago and now he seemed to be the only one really there for her to talk to in a time like this. She felt a little more CLOSER to him now.

 

“Don’t cry! Seriously, don’t!” He pleaded. It was different hearing this tone from him and it warmed her heart a bit, she knew he’s always cared, but just like Won Woo, it’s been hard for him to express it.

 

“Okay, I won’t.” She said while the tears fell. “So, uh, I’m planning on making kimchi jjigae for dinner tonight. Do you want to come over and eat later?”

 

“Sure. I’ll be there.”

 

“Good. See you then.”

 

“See you.” Then she ended the call and dropped her head before covering her face and cried into her hands. It was like that for a few minutes before she grabbed her phone and opened up one of her apps that tracked her monthly period. The predicted start day was soon and she felt like maybe that was the culprit to why she’s been more sensitive than usual.

 

Once she calmed down, she fell back onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling and started to think of how things would go once she was home. She knew she should talk to Won Woo and apologize for acting so distant so suddenly, it doesn’t happen often, so he was definitely going to be worried. And maybe after that she could contact Ren? Do I go to his house with the stew? Maybe she’d contact Baekho or Minhyun about that later once she actually made the stew. One thing at a time, Soo. For now, she lied in Jeonghan’s bed for a while thinking and crying on and off. She could feel a headache coming on and decided to look for some painkillers to take.

 

She wasn’t so sure if Jeonghan had any in the drawers of his nightstand but she’d find out once she looks. She thought to look before looking anywhere else, because typically she always found things where it was least expected. “I hope he has some!” She muttered while searching through the small drawers, all she could see were just trivial things a typical boyfriend would have in his night stand like… well she wasn’t sure if it was just typical things since she’s only had two boyfriends now. She hadn’t even gotten that close to her first boyfriend either, so she really only had one experience so far. The first two drawers didn’t have any medicine she could take and she was down to the last one which made her get off the bed and kneel down, otherwise she would have fallen over from trying to reach.

 

The last drawer had barely anything in it, but there were still a few items there. There was a rectangle box and she curiously lifted the lid and saw a stack of papers inside along with some receipts and she figured it must’ve been more important things like his banking stuff and receipts for big ticket items to keep track of. “I suppose my boyfriend doesn’t know what pain is.” She sighed with a small snicker before a smaller square box caught her attention in the back corner before she was about to shut the drawer. She paused for a second and stared at it, she was curious about it but told herself not to look into it, because she did enough snooping around as is. She wasn’t even snooping, she was just trying to find some painkillers. “Jeez.” She sighed and grabbed the box, her body had a mind of it’s own… like it had to know what was in the box.

 

It didn’t even dawn on her that it was a ring box until she opened it and saw a ring inside of it. It looked pretty simple at first glance, nothing flashy or extravagant, but she still thought it was incredibly pretty and cute. “What are you doing?” She suddenly heard a voice at the door and she nearly jumped out of her skin and quickly closed the box and put it back.

 

“Oh! I was looking for some painkillers. Do you guys have any?” She replied to Seungcheol who was watching her from the door. She wondered if he saw that or not? Most likely he did, but he was probably not going to say anything right now.

 

“Yes, in the bathroom medicine cabinet.” He nodded and gestered out of the room.

 

“Right, thanks.” She smiled and got up to head out of the room quickly. Seungcheol remained at Jeonghan’s bedroom door and watched her head down the hallway before he turned and looked at the nightstand she was looking through. He was curious on what she was looking at the moment he walked in, she seemed to be in awe about something but then looked like she was caught when he called out to her. What did she see? He thought and walked over. He just wanted to see…

 

He knelt down and opened the bottom drawer and saw the same things Soo Min did, though he noticed the small black box sooner than she did and already he could tell what it was. He really bought it? He thought with an impressed snicker. He reached for it and opened the box to see the small engagement ring Jeonghan was eyeing that time he dragged Seungcheol with him to the jewelry store a little over two months ago. No wonder why he seemed so low on cash lately… When he heard Soo Min returning to Jeonghan’s room, he quickly put the box away and shut the drawer before meeting her at the doorway again, it was like she didn’t even notice anything out of the ordinary since she was distracted by reading the bottle of medicine while walking down the hallway. “I go by my age, right?” She asked and looked up at him innocently.

 

“Yeah.” He nodded with a hint of laughter. “You’re all grown up now.” He added and suddenly he felt a bit emotional. After seeing that engagement ring and facing Soo Min, he recalled how he met her when they were only 5 years old. He recalled all the encounters they had since then and how they basically grew up together… and now Jeonghan was planning to marry this girl, the girl he always complained about to Seungcheol through the years. It was so sweet and adorable, how could he not smile like an idiot?

 

“What’s with you?” Soo Min asked with a confused expression.

 

“Nothing!” He assured her. “I’ll get you some water!” He was rushing off to the kitchen immediately. She stood there for a few seconds and thought about it, but her headache seemed like it was interfering and she couldn’t really think straight, so she shrugged it off and headed towards the kitchen to accept the bottle of water he got out of the fridge for her.

 

“Don’t drink it too fast.” Seungcheol warned her after she opened the bottle of water.

 

“Yes, I know.” She chuckled and then proceeded to take the dose of medicine and washed it down with the water.

 

“I have to go check out some books on campus, will you be okay here on your own?”

 

“I’ll be fine.” She nodded. “Jeonghan should be back soon. I’ll just try to sleep some more.” She added with a tired tone.

 

“Alright. Just text me if anything happens, okay?”

 

“I will. Thanks.” Soo Min appreciated Seungcheol’s concern. Moments later, she was waving goodbye to him before returning back to Jeonghan’s room. She started to recall the small discovery she made earlier in the bottom drawer of Jeonghan’s nightstand. That was an engagement ring, right? For some reason it just seemed a bit unreal to her that Jeonghan would have such a thing hiding away in his nightstand. I’m just imagining things… She shook those thoughts out of her head and let out a deep sigh. The medicine was starting to work and her headache was slowly going away. Eventually, she was able to fall back to sleep moments later.

 

...

 

When Jeonghan made it on campus, he met up with Jisoo who was eating breakfast at their usual table in the cafe area. “Morning.” Jeonghan greeted and sat down next to him.

 

“Good morning.” Jisoo greeted back with a bright smile. “Did you eat yet?”

 

“No.” The older pouted and eyed Jisoo’s breakfast with a hungry look.

 

“Then I made the right call to order something extra.” Jisoo chuckled and pulled up a to go tray he had set off on the other seat next to him.

 

“Wah~!” Jeonghan’s face lit up like lights on a Christmas tree, is was so sweet it got Jisoo feeling a little warm and fuzzy on the inside. But that was normal right? He just likes to see other people happy, it makes him feel good. “Thank you!”

 

“No problem.”

 

“I swear, you’re too good to me.” Jeonghan admitted with another pout. “I really appreciate you looking out for me all the time.”

 

“Of course, we’re friends, it’s what friends do.” Talk about friendzoning himself! But this is good. It’s the truth and he already told himself to stop thinking about those weird feelings and ignore it. Jeonghan already has a girlfriend, there’s no chance for him anyway. He has to let it go.

 

“Really, I gotta do something to at least show my thanks!”

 

“No need, as long as you’re well and happy, that’s enough for me!” Jisoo assured him and he could tell that touched Jeonghan by the way he ‘aw’ed.

 

“You’re too sweet.” He sighed. “I’m jealous of the girl who steals you away from me.” He was teasing again and it wasn’t helping now that Jisoo felt his heartbeat pick up in pace, that got him nervous. He’s clearly joking, he doesn’t mean it that way. Calm down.

 

“Right.” Jisoo gave a laugh, it wasn’t supposed to sound nervous but it did and he could tell Jeonghan noticed that.

 

“What? Did you already meet a girl behind my back? I’m supposed to be jealous now?!” Jeonghan continued with the teasing and gave a jealous look to go with it.

 

“No. I haven’t.” Jisoo calmly said and tried not to let his feelings come through. Stop. Don’t do this to me. Stop confusing me. He knew he’d have to be honest and tell Jeonghan about this sooner or later, but he really thought he could just ignore it all together and never speak of it, ever. I just really like him as a person. That’s all. I care too much… he hadn’t really thought about being with Jeonghan, as in, romantically. He really tried to avoid thinking about that kind of thing. He wondered if it was just Jeonghan’s long hair that was causing this issue but it’s not. While sometimes he thought the older looked a bit feminine, he looked more manly most of the time so it can’t really be that now can it?

 

Before he knew it, his conversation with Jeonghan was over and the guy was leaving the table with a small wave. Jisoo panicked for a second. I hope I didn’t say anything weird while zoning out?! It didn’t seem like Jeonghan was acting out of the ordinary when he left, he just had that bright smile and said he’d talk to him later. I need to pay more attention when I’m in other people’s company. He scolded himself and started to clean off the table since it was time to leave. He snickered when he saw Jeonghan didn’t clean up his spot but that was okay, he’d let that pass since it seemed like Jeonghan sprinted towards the classroom hallway after waving to Jisoo, he was probably busy today.

 

 

“You two really don’t have things to do this morning?” Won Woo asked suddenly. He was seated on the couch with Mingyu and Ren was seated in the loveseat nearby scrolling on his phone, he sure made himself comfortable by the way he had his legs hanging off the armrest. The three had finished breakfast a short while ago, it was nice and they made small talk. Ren and Mingyu made sure not to talk about the current situation and only talked about school and other trivial things, Won Woo felt it was a little strange at first because it just seemed so normal, like they’ve had casual talks like this for years already when this was basically the first time. He didn’t want to think about that too much though, he should just enjoy it.

 

“I didn’t really have anything planned.” Mingyu answered first. “I was probably going to come see you anyway.” Won Woo smiled at that before turning to hear Ren’s answer. Silence.

 

“Hey…” Won Woo snapped his fingers in the air to get his brother’s attention.

 

“Huh? What?” Ren looked up with a hint of confusion and pulled out one of his earbuds.

 

“Yah!” Won Woo frowned when he saw that. “Since when did you start listening to music?”

 

“I wasn’t listening to music.” He explained with a small laugh. “It was voice notes from my boyfriend.” He flashed his phone’s screen their way to show proof. “Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine.” Won Woo felt bad for assuming just now. “You can go if you need to?”

 

“No, I’m good!” Ren quickly shook his head. “But Mingyu can go if he wants.” He added and put his phone away after typing a reply to Minhyun. He explained he was spending time with Won Woo today… and hopefully Soo Min.

 

“I’m okay. I’ll stay.” Mingyu said with a soft chuckle but it increased when he saw Ren pout. “Ah, okay, I get it.” He nodded and proceeded to get up. “My friends are probably worried that I didn’t go home last night so I should go check on them and make sure they didn’t make breakfast and catch the kitchen on fire. It’s almost lunch time, too…”

 

“Really?” Won Woo suddenly look like a sad little puppy, he clearly didn’t catch on to what was happening.

 

“Yeah, but I’ll come back later or something. Spend some time with your brother until Soo Min comes home, okay?” He said and reached out to pull Won Woo up into a hug. He kissed him on the cheek after parting and they could hear Ren spazz a little when it happened. Ren and Soo Min are definitely related. There’s just no way that they’re not!

 

Mingyu was gone a moment later and that left Won Woo and Ren alone. It was a bit silent and Won Woo worried if it would get awkward until Ren happily moved to the couch next to him. “Hey.” He chuckled a little.

 

“Hi.” Ren did the same. “Is there anything you want to talk about?”

 

“Oh, uh… not that I can think of at the moment?”

 

“Really? I mean… I don’t want to pry, but earlier you were upset about something, right? Was it about Soo Min?” He asked and looked towards her open bedroom door. “She didn’t come home last night?”

 

“No, she stayed the night with her boyfriend. She hasn’t come home yet and she might not come home today, either.” Won Woo’s expression faltered when he thought about it. Sure he heard that Soo Min would talk to him today, but he also knew sometimes she chickens out last second. Ren could tell he was sad about that. But he knew that was a given when he knows the two have been best friends for so many years and basically grew up together. Even if they weren’t related by blood, they were probably going to be more like siblings than he ever was going to be with them, and that hurt a bit. He has a disadvantage of 21 years. Damn. “I’ll contact Jeonghan later and check on her, so don’t worry too much, okay?”

 

“Alright.” Ren nodded quietly. There was a small silence between them until Won Woo decided to tell Ren about the phone call this morning.

 

“Actually…” he started off. “My father called this morning.”

 

“Your father?”

 

“Yeah, I guess he was checking on me, he asked if I was still visiting for fall break.”

 

“Well, that’s nice!” Ren said with a small smile. Won Woo paused for a second and realized… that was nice. “Wait, were you upset because of that?” He tilted his head in confusion. He didn’t understand if Won Woo was upset because of that.

 

“No.” Won Woo quickly said. “I wasn’t upset because of that… or well, partly.” At Ren’s even more confused expression he sighed. “I’ll explain. Ever since my parents moved, they haven’t really checked up on me like that as often. It just seemed a bit weird that they did suddenly after all this time and it kind of pissed me off.”

 

“I see.” Ren nodded and thought about what he said. “Are they workaholics like my mom?” He asked, assuming Won Woo would know he was referring to his adoptive mother.

 

“I suppose.” He shrugged in response.

 

“I get it.” Ren assured him. “It’s not the same, but… it’s like that with my mom. She loves her work a lot and sometimes I felt neglected growing up. She moved to Seoul about four years ago and I stayed behind with my boyfriend and our friends so I could finish high school. There was this lovely elder who’d check up on me every weekend and it was so cute and sweet. She was adorable when she wasn’t trying to knock you on the ground with her pillow throwing skills!” Ren chuckled and Won Woo laughed a little until he stopped because that sounded way too familiar. “Eventually, I started to check up on her too. I was sad to leave her behind but I know I can always just go back and visit her. She kept me company most of the time when my mom was MIA. It only seems like the more I got older the more distant she became because of her work. I tried to talk to her about it but even recently, it’s hard to meet up with her. I was staying with her when I first moved here, but shortly after I had to move out because she didn’t want me to be at home alone all the time. I suppose she expected my friends to roommate with me in the house she bought me, but they all have their families they want to stay with and so I’m all alone in that big house by myself.” He didn’t mean to say that much but he did. “So I kind of understand how you feel.”

 

“Damn. We have more in common than we think.” Won Woo gave a sad snicker. “At least we have each other now.”

 

“That’s right.” Ren agreed with a warm smile. “I want to visit you and Soo Min more often now…”

 

“We’d love that.” Won Woo finally smiled back. “We’ll come and visit you in that big empty house of yours, too.”

 

“Thanks.” Ren chuckled. “By the way, it’ll be lunch time soon. Is there anything special you want to eat today? I did say I’d take you somewhere nice and spoil you rotten.”

 

“You don’t have to do that!” Won Woo waved his hands in the air, he looked so worried and it made Ren laugh. “Cheap is good!”

 

“But splurging is even better.” Ren pointed out. “Don’t worry about the price!”

 

“But…” Won Woo wasn’t sure if he should let his brother do this or not. While he didn’t want people wasting their money on him, he also didn’t want to get used to something like that either. Besides, how in the world would he return that kindness?

 

“Sorry, I didn’t realize how overwhelming that might be. You find out you have a half brother and he also turns out to be a walking bank…” he said with a small pout, it was adorable and Won Woo could only laugh.

 

“Yeah, it’s a bit much.” Won Woo agreed. “Let’s start small, okay?”

 

“Define small?” Ren asked curiously and Won Woo had a feeling they’ve been living COMPLETELY different lives these past 20 years.

 

“Like cheeseburgers?” Won Woo shrugged.

 

“Gourmet cheeseburgers?” Ren tilted his head.

 

“No!” Won Woo laughed. “Nothing expensive! Have you ever eaten something cheap before? You ate that ice cream with us before, right?”

 

“I’m just teasing you!” Ren chuckled. “That ice cream was really good. We should get some again… with Soo Min.”

 

“We should.” Won Woo nodded with a cute smile. “Don’t worry, things will settle down soon enough.”

 

“I really hope they do.” It was hard for Ren to smile but he did his best. “There’s a lot of things I want to know about you two, I know it might take a while since we’re behind by 20 years, I’m sure I missed a lot, haven’t I?”

 

“I suppose so, but it’s the same for us, right? Soo Min and I still have to learn about our talented half brother who’s already succeeded in his life, we’re still just getting started.” He pointed out and Ren gave a sheepish laugh. “It’s a lot… and so sudden.”

 

“I know.” Ren frowned. “I wonder what it would have been like had we found out sooner?”

 

“I’ve thought that as well, but at the same time, we shouldn’t dwell on what could have been and focus on right now, in the moment. Life’s been hard.” Won Woo confessed. “Sometimes I wonder how I got through it all and then I remember it’s because I had someone by my side all this time. I can’t imagine if I didn’t have Soo Min there during those dark times. Have you ever felt that way before?”

 

“I think so.” Ren nodded. “I didn’t have a hard time until middle school, when other kids started to pick on me because of the style I chose for my hair and clothes. I grew out my hair and bleached it blonde. I started to wear nail art as well and everyone mocked me for it, everyone but Jihoon. He was there for me and life seemed to get easier after that, well you know, until he moved away. Life became hard again, but it was my fault since I didn’t stay in touch with Jihoon. I’m sure it wouldn’t have been so difficult if I had just called him every now and then and let him scold me for letting other people words get to me. Luckily, Minhyun and the others filled in that spot Jihoon left and I was okay. I’ve been okay since then. I never imagined after moving to Seoul that all of these encounters would happen, like reuniting with Jihoon and then finding out a family secret. But I’m glad in a way… life was starting to become a little boring before all of that.”

 

“I guess it was.” Won Woo agreed. He felt like his life was becoming a bit boring until all of these things started to happen. He had always thought there was something missing in his life, and he supposed someone heard his thoughts that day… because now he met Mingyu who became his loving boyfriend and his out of control friends, he became a little CLOSER to Jeonghan from that camping trip they had with Mingyu, and also, because of that camping trip he met the half brother he never knew about. Maybe things could have happened over a span of a few months, but he’s okay with the outcome right now. And he really hoped things would get better after this.

 

“Oh hey, I just noticed…” Ren’s voice snapped Won Woo out of his deep thoughts. “Is that a hickey on your neck?” He pointed and Won Woo quickly covered his neck with his hands out of embarrassment. “It’s nothing to be shy about! You have a boyfriend, of course you’d have one!” He laughed.

 

“Shut up.” Won Woo pouted. Today was going to be a long day, wasn’t it?


Chapter forty-three~

 

0bO_gfA5hB6iWjjT_Vr5sFITR8gdAIFzQznL99SccpCUwVQ5doIIfaj5yue_icIs3T-dL7pqjeac5KrTcD9QbqbBvDNHuwn6jVSbMLiErP2TxRHk2GxJhAYLVM9zfQB7z5GjpRjE

Ren: Congratulations, my baby brother, your first hickey.

-rYCTwbv017Kj7qyy2u9XRik3skMUmV7lkv1L6TGbU13xkphhNrsZd56kcYgDwUz1xdL3JPtHNsZbj93q9tsOHDMmL49EY6R7dCtnvVYrfqkRmOiM_jgn25_oTKnyUrDNEElG2qM

Won Woo: Shut up…

YE5snuv6Gz5h3awnAqu1IuCQgeFQovUV5_kXEqkHQkce1RCNbgDlpl78xY1mswUvAyPZef2fwXQPQ1zypODqgz0rAud12teIH7paUYkHsWDepVJTJe2cSdfaHkQINJ57Sh0hSn3D

Well , okay.

ruB6nge0-AcyYvyRuwrzche8xdm0YVZfDDzRrYeaJLKPu-vOPSfvRel-Yfcmof3uvzqVTtkZg33YCN9baJRohxsC-pWPSbJg2zUGfdgeNMZQcKLDXRr3LxmqS46WGtrfmYF1UzDF

Hi. Sorry for disappearing, Life happened again, but it’s fine. I’m still trying to get updates out, not just for you guys but for me too aha cuz I like posting and sharing my writing so I feel bad when I don’t post! OTL This story has been running for two years now, it’s clear how patient you guys are, mad props to all of you aha! This CH is kinda short, compared to my previous ones so I hope you don’t mind short chapters for the next few updates? I’ll try to post longer ones when I can!

pgGK_v1O9G1Q0VRGEZ_3eaG3ZOYTblj9GuHevy_sicxdSuHXXmMJPyDTS8ZhrNS6aUT_8ewyfFu9sWkhGzq2Rfg_-0KOhZuypn7whn5EWFsHzh6mmnsgfWM6-vx3kuhDDViqvuGN

In other news, who’s ready for SVT comeback? Lol I’m excited. It’s gonna be great like always! I hope to come back again soon with another update, so until then! ^^

rnH99kb6jd_-BZX_HzWrZVEKz69XIEoed0_A-5UOj9qNtjmsd1opX3Uv6cNaIEXLe28LD0OvhRQuc4WVyWB44yOZrlsXqfv1UiaaDCdkiZFjlIf1vKEfiNr2S9WScIYRr1HoPFOe

*Squeal*

 

kLwYKQD58O4aKjaoQwhLZfUA4R9_l3ZfIXrifRzCGi1KRZZLXiAldvPSE0QJ3VOLurB9BDl2JLlHHQhr96wCjfA1EV_A-QSLiwXXfA9dSTnvI9sYoAqloHQc5vXogRKP5BrkTM0A

PS. Happy Early Bday to our manly Chan, I know I’m probably not going to be able to post on his bday so I’m saying it now! HE GREW UP WAY TOO FAST, I’M UPSET. TT^TT

RYGjgAOTn2DOpnCiJ7_WdoGKMKdlF64urAR85vDQhZEYoVNkXpNWME9GJ-6_fiFV_D_O2iAUaCO90K5fCl58uRPVbSvwVAEIh_ftHZrW6jeIILWpOIiUJqD-YqwIIjhw3S7N1nbn

Hoping I can post before Seokmin and Hansol’s bday, but I doubt it so HAPPY EARLY BDAYS to them as well~! ^^ LOL