Back Home

One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week after…

CL and Minzy’s debut

 

'Unnnieeee, I am so nervous.’ Minzy exclaimed.

 

'What nonsense! It’s a great album, you don’t have to worry a thing baby.’ Bom replied.

 

'You’re just saying that because you’re YG.’ CL interjected.

 

'Aniiii. Before YG, we were only fans. Right, Dara?’ Bom said while elbowing Dara.

 

'It's a great debut album Minji-ah, Chaerinie. Don't worry.’ Dara soothed.

 

But deep inside, Dara is anxious as well. In the end, sajangnim choose the song she co-wrote as the title track and she can’t sleep properly ever since she heard the decision. But she’s trying to hide her own nervousness for Minzy and CL’s sake.

 

'Okay guys.!’ Teddy entered the recording room. 'It’s an hour before the drop soooo let’s go in the practice room!'

 

'Wait…what?’ CL said.

 

'Yes. It’s tradition that every release artists will lock themselves inside the practice room without phones or tvs or radios. You will practice and won’t be thinking about the release because at the end of the day, charts don’t matter. It’s the music!’ Teddy explained.

 

'Right, right. Can we eat in there tho? I at least need my corn to subdue my anxiety.’ Bom asked in all seriousness.

 

Everyone laughed at Bom’s request as they headed to the practice room.

 

--------------------------

 

The duo has been practicing their debut stage for what feels like forever and Bom and Dara had been assisting in the practice room; Bom happily munching on her corn.

 

YG is known for their great stage presence and even tho Dara is not able to see their stage, she can hear and feel the energy of Minzy and CL’s performance. In some instances, she can’t help but tear up when the girls would sing the hook. It still feels surreal for her that a song she took part in creating will be performed on stage.

 

‘Okay, okay. Let’s take a 5 minute break.’ Jae Wook the cheorographer announced.

 

‘Can we check our phones? I am so anxious right now.’ CL asked

 

‘Nope. This is tradition.’ Jae Wook replied.

 

CL groaned while heading to the door to go to the restroom. ‘Where is Teddy oppa? He should be here as well! He should—'

 

‘WAAAAHHHHHHJHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH’

 

Everyone in the room jumped as throngs of men came bursting through the door creating a loud ruckus.

 

‘YEAHHHHHHHHH’

 

‘WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO’

 

‘SKKKRTTTT SKRRRT SKKRT’

 

‘AWO! AWO! AWO!’

 

Dara who had been sitting on the bench feel to the floor and Bom almost choked on her corn. Minzy and CL was rooted on their spot surprised with what's happening. A bunch of crazy namjas rushed inside the practice room shouting and carrying all sorts of banners, a cake and is that a pompom? Yep. Seungri is waving pom-pom and doing cheerleading hand movements.

 

‘What in the world….’ Bom said.

 

Someone sushed the rowdy namjas which took a few seconds of calming down. When it died down, Dara heard a familiar voice.

 

‘We are here to congratulate Minzy and CL for their official debut!’ GD started followed by another shouting. ‘AAANNNDDDDDD the best part of it all…..for being the first rookie to top real-time charts with their debut song!!!!’ And that was it. Another ruckus ensued now with a mix of CL’s shout, Minzy cries, and Bom’s hysteria. Dara’s mouth fell open and she was just speechless.

 

Bigbang and the YG dancers were dancing around Minzy and CL and someone started a dance train while blasting Please Don’t Go. Everyone inside the practice room joined including Dara. They were now circling inside the practice room when someone cleared their throat from the doorway.

 

‘Ehem, ehem.’ 

 

The music stopped and everyone looked too see Sajangnim entering the practice room.

 

‘Your noise can be heard the moment I went down from my car in the front lobby.’

 

‘Mianhe sajangnim.’ everyone said.

 

‘It’s okay. I’ve heard worse. Right, Bigbang?’ the boys just smirked while elbowing each other.

 

‘Anyway, I just came by to congratulate Minzy and CL for their debut.’

 

Everyone beamed at the two while clapping politely an eventual ‘Whoop’ is also heard.

 

‘Your training and hard work paid off. Your song is now number one in the real time chart which is a surprise and a very very good indicator of what is about to come for you guys.’ Sajangnim cleared his throat and continue ‘I am very proud of you.’

 

Minzy started crying and CL bowed down nervously with disbelief that YG told them they that he is proud of them. This means a lot for the both of them.

 

‘Aaah, sajangnim. Your favortisim is showing. You never said that to us!’ Seungri butted in.

 

‘Well, you never said you like me either.’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter