Chapter 2: Experiences - Love is not that simple

DEFINING LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

■■■■

 

It's been two weeks when I and Donghae have lunch together after that we have 3 more lunch dates and 2 dinner dates. We're still in the process of dating. He's still not asking me the lovely words "Do you want to be my girlfriend?". And if that happens, I'm sure, I'll answer him "Yes."

 

Donghae called last night, he said that the magazine will be published this week and he'll send me a copy. I also saw Tiffany in TV last evening, she was chosen as the leading cast in a TV series. That's really nice of her. I wish I could see her again, chat with her, flirt with her. I chuckled as I think about that. I have Donghae now or not yet but soon enough.

 

It's a usual day to me, I woke up six in the morning to get ready for work. Have breakfast, and leave the house around 7:30 but before that I go to ma's house and kiss her while she's having coffee to bid goodbye. I could always see Seohyun jogging in the street, greeting her warmly as she greet back. The dog walker, Sunny who I can see with different dogs every day, the chirping bird, the high building, the busy street. Like the usual Monday morning. Until... I saw the biggest billboard in the city.

"OH MY GOD." I said when I saw myself in it. That's the picture I had in Donghae's photo shoot.

 

As I arrive in the office, I took out my phone and dialed Donghae.

"Hello." Donghae answered

"I saw myself in the biggest billboard just this morning." I said while walking inside the building and greeted with every employee.

"Yeah, they want it. They love it." he said.

"I know I've given Mr. Song permission but why? In a billboard at the center of the city. I'm not the model." I indicated as I went inside the elavator.

"But you're with Tiffany and everyone love it." He said.

"Also, the magazine was released. I've sent you a copy. You'll love the cover."

"Don't tell me it's not what I'm thinking of."

"Alright, I won't tell."

"DONGHAE! I'm getting my payment!" I said.

"Alright. I'll be calling you, I'm in a middle of a work." He said as he chuckled.

"Okay, take care." I said as I turned off my phone and get out of the elevator.

Everyone in the floor greeted me like the usual, except that they looking me in a weird way. I sighed, I know that they have notice the billboard. For goodness sake, it was the biggest one.

 

As I enter my office, I saw Mrs. Michaels waiting for me. She startled me with a "Good morning." Greeting. She was the co-owner and President of the company.

"Good morning Mrs. Michaels." I greeted back to the old lady. She was 55 with a very strict face. Is she mad at me for having that picture?

"What can I do for you, ma'am?" I asked.

She smiled at me.

"Could you sign this magazine for my youngest daughter?" She said as she give me the Midtone magazine copy.

I smiled back, took out my ballpen and signed under my picture. I returned back the magazine.

"You really look beautiful in this issue. You and this woman look good together." She said.

"That won't happen ma'am. You know I'm an exception." I smiled

Everyone knows in the company where I come from, what my mother is, and living in a liberated country (A/N: Yes, Korea is a liberated country here. :3), no one really cares about my ual orientation.

"Oh, that's a shame. Anyway, thank you. I'll be going." She said as she leaves the room. I looked at the package on my table and opened it. Yup, it's was perfectly me and Tiffany in the front cover. Should the male model be mad at me for stealing their place? And Tiffany? Does she like this? I opened my drawer, took the  business card and called it. When I heard the voice on the other line, I never hesitated to say...

"This is Jessica and I want my fee."

 

Mr. Song's office was just a few streets, so I decided to give him a visit. I stop by on a large building, about seven floors in height but really is wide. It's Goodwill Entertainment network, one of the largest network in the Country. I walk to the information area.

"I have a meeting with Mr. Song." I said

"Ms. Jessica, Mr. Song is waiting for you. Let me show you the way." The receptionist said.

Mr. Song's office is in the fifth floor of the building.

"Thank you for coming all the way here." Mr. Song said as the receptionist left us.

"And like what we've talk about, here's your payment." He said as he reached me a check.

I've look at the check.

"Are you sure this is my fee?" I looked at him with a strange look.

"Fifty thousand dollars? Just posing for a few minutes?"

"Why? Is that not enough?" He asked.

"No, this is too much." I said

He laughed as he heard me.

"That's really small for a person like you. Please take it. Because of you, our popularity increased 40% of what we have calculated. People love you."

"Wow. Really huh, if I could be paid by this amount , maybe I should take modeling or acting as my part time job." I blurted out.

"You can, we can pay you. You can act, can you?" He said with that odd look again

"No, I was just joking." I said

"How about a small role in Tiffany' TV series? Just a small role in the pilot episode. Please?" He begged. I looked at him.

"Okay, just a small role, and that's it. We're over."

"Yes!" He shouted and hugged me.

"Okay, that's enough. Enough already." I said and pulled out.

"I'm sorry." Mr. Song apologized.

"Am I interrupting something?" Someone spoke back at the door. And when I turned around, it was Tiffany.

"No, we're just chatting. Come inside." Mr. Song said.

"It's been a long time, Jessica." Tiffany smile and sits.

"Jessica will be joining the cast." Mr. Song announced.

"I'm just an extra. Well I'll be going. I have already had what I came here." I said.

"Jessica." Tiffany called.

"Hmm?"

"Can we chat sometimes? How about we have dinner, this Friday? Is it okay?" She asked.

I know this feeling, she likes me. I smiled.

"I spend dinner with my mother during Fridays but you can join us if you want too?" I said.

"That's fine. We should exchange mail." She said.

"Alright! Just give me your number and I'll call you." I said and then exchanged numbers.

After, I bid farewell.

 

This is not really a usual day, when I went home, ma was waiting with the magazine in her hand.

"You two look great with each other." She said as she lift up the magazine.

"Stop that, I didn't even know I'm the cover." I smiled at her.

"We'll, we are good looking in the cover." She said. Ma also did cover a magazine, a news magazine as the top lawyer of the year. Like mother, like daughter.

"And look." I said as I took out my fee.

"Wow. 50 thousand dollars, that's great!"

"And I'm going to be in a TV series, an extra."

Ma smiled at me.

"You're like your mom I wish she could see you now." She said with a small voice.

"Ma, come on. I'm just going to be an extra. That's all. And mom is a director not an actress. Anyway, someone will be joining us in dinner this Friday." I said.

"Ow, don't tell me its Dong-hae." She said with disappointment

"No, not him and his not Gay." I said

"Then who?"

"The other woman in the cover." I said and smiled

"Cool. Then I can have her autograph too." She said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter