Chapter 11: Is He Gone?

It's Not Forbidden

 

They didn't waste a second, already trudging out the back door of their house abd heading off during noon. Lucky for them, Jungkook had relatives in another village, what wasbetter was that they welcomed all supernaturals which made them the most hospitable place around, the people barely fought there. But they had a long way to go and fortunately, they didn't have to bring much so their baggage was light and evenly split between all of them. Everyone except Seokjin had a gun for a weapon, just in case the hunters had caught up or until they would need defense.

 

They passed by Seokjin's flower garden out in the meadows, and Jungkook ran to retrieve a pink flower from the patch, tucking it gently in a pocket in his bag. The wolf smiled at him as they walked on. 

 

They were still walking even when the sun had started to set, and Jungkook started to feel worried, but he knew they had to keep going. Everyone stayed near Hoseok and Seokjin, the guy having a bright flashlight and the wolf having the ability too see through the dark. No one bothered to complain and they continued on without much as a single word. But then, they heard rapid footsteps of several people and loud voices.

 

They ran, but came to a stop when they came across a wide river, the current was strong and it was dangerous to cross all together. Hoseok sighed and turned back, gun held tightly in his hand as the hunters came into view. "Look, just let us leave and we'll never come back." he said and Jungkook's parents were let go of first. When it was Jungkook's turn, it took him sometime to get to the side since the rocks they were stepping on was slippery and steep. He was nervous, how could the hunters let them go that easily?

 

When he got to the other side, it hit him. Thet heard a gunshot and he turned around, Hoseok was clutching his arm and his gun was kicked into the rushing waters. Seokjin was fighting off all the hunters by himself and Jungkook noticed that he had said something to Hoseok as he stood up. The former hunter looked back at the wolf and tried to refuse but Seokjin insisted and Hoseok carefully stepped on one of the rocks, slowly crossing to the other side. 

 

Jungkook wanted to head back, but he knew he couldn't make it in time and his parents held him back. Seokjin's loud voice was heard, "Go!," he shouted. But Jungkook shook his head. "It's okay!," he yelled as he was knocked down by a hunter. "Just go!," he shouted one last time as his view was blocked by hunters. Jungkook couldn't move from his spot, and his parents had to pull him away as they ran into the forest. 

 

They decided to camp for the night, no one spoke a word. His parents were staring into the fire, disappointed looks on their faces. Jungkook was slumped behind a tree, a delicate pink flower in his hand as he let his tears fall out. Hoseok sighed and stood from his place, his arm was wrapped up and had stopped bleeding. He went over to the boy and placed his hand on his shoulder, trying to say that everything would be okay.

 

But no, Seokjin was gone, and Jungkook definitely didn't feel okay. 

______________________________

Hope you like it~ 

Please Upvote, Comment, and maybe Subscribe to me?~