amatus. [ mingyu. ]

seventeen.

his fingertips graze over sensitive skin and a warmth ignites; it spreads slowly throughout your body and there’s a yearning for more.
curious eyes look at you with such adoration that you find yourself unable to breathe;
because you wonder why and you wonder how-- how did you ever find this?

this happiness that is tender kisses between laughter, the lingering gazes-- this happiness that is simply being.

and this sadness that follows along that is the bitter feeling that swells in your heart like the lump that swells in your throat when you’re upset.
this sadness that is finding consolation when his arms wrap around you; his lips press against your neck, your cheek, your nose, and finally, your lips.
he feels the tears that trail down your face meet his skin and he never wants to let you go.

“what are you thinking about?”

his voice reaches your ears and brings you back to the present. he’s tracing circles in your skin, gaze never breaking from yours.

your lips curve. a subtle shake of the head.

“nothing,” you say, but your mind is occupied with bittersweet memories, “it’s nothing.”

he doesn’t pry further.

he smiles.

and you wonder if this is what love feels like.