"Hello! I'm the replacement!"

Rising UP10TION to Miss Scriptwriter!
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    o  n  e
"Hello! I'm the replacement!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Morning soon arrived and Mrs Lee shook her daughter's shoulders and whipped the blanket out of her grasp, causing the girl to grumble.
 
"Come on, Bi An, you don't want to be late for work. Your sister's second job and her permanent future are at stake here." Her mom said calmly and patiently waited for her to roll out of her bed. Bi An sneezed and shivered as the cold wind from her air-conditioner hit her bare arms. Why had she decided to wear sleeveless yesterday and on the aircon? All she knew was that she was the enemy of all environmentalists. Picking herself up from the floor, she patted her mom on the back for waking her up and went to get clothes to change into after she bathed. Mrs Lee chuckled and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.
 
Half an hour later, a high shriek filled the kitchen and Mr Lee winced at the noise pollution. "Umma! I can't believe you actually made an omelette! Umma jjang!" She crossed her thumb and index finger together to form a small heart and bounced up and down as she waited for it to be served on a plate. "Thank you for the food!" Bi An dug in ravenously as her parents chuckled. She soon devoured the plate of food and her dad fetched her to the building they were going to film at, according to her sister, it was at UP10TION's dormitory. Bi An reached the building around nine, feeling anticipation and a little nervousness.
 
Hwaiting! She told herself as she entered the house, which was honestly very filled with white walls, and empty shelves. Were humans even living here? Bi An looked around indiscreetly and as her eyes surveyed the 'abandoned' house, she felt someone, or many people, staring at her. Suddenly feeling small, Bi An scurried to the most important-looking one and started blurting out information.
 
She nodded her head and shook her hand, "I'm Kim Minsui. Nice to meet you," The woman's eyes sparkled playfully and brightly, even though she looked around her mid-forties, and joked, "I never expected her sister to be so young either. Now you will be the prettiest girl on set. Ah, that makes me sad." Bi An masked her laughter with a cough and smiled shyly at Kim-PD.
 
"Anyways, you will be under scriptwriter Yunrin for now okay? Hope that our ratings would soar with you around." Kim-PD winked at her and patted her back heartily. Bi An thanked her with a smile and went to Yunrin.
 
"Hi, Yunrin-sunbae?" Bi An looked at the girl on the chair as Yunrin looked up with a scowl. "You must be the replacement, aren't you?" Bi An nodded timidly as her eyes averted to the left and her eyebrows raised. Oh, so this was the girl that my unni told me to stay away from. The girl that she was arguing with from the first day. From her signature scowl and thick eyeliner, Yunrin wasn't exactly difficult to identify. "Yeah," Bi An replied softly, not because she was scared, but because Yunrin would have been even more pissed off and Bi an couldn't and hated nagging.
 
"Better not give me trouble, got it? Name?"
 
"Lee Bi An."
 
"Sounds nicer than your sister's...Anyways, go learn UP10TION's names now." Yunrin looked back down rudely and pointed in the direction she needed to go to. Muttering a fake thanks, Bi An sighed once she was out of the view of the crazy girl. Someone must have cursed me. Who hates me? Why would they? I'm so nice. Bi An cried inside internally and went to that direction, finding the boys sprawled over on the floor, learning chinese.
 
Well, time to learn their names.
 
Her learning was definitely an understatement. Rather than their names, Bi An found herself learning chinese. She sung along with the rest of them, getting jumbled up on the 7th line, which she must say, is quite an accomplishment compared to the guy who didn't even pass the second line.
 
After the lesson, they were split into two groups and sent to separate rooms. The crew got busy after that. Some cameras had to change film and Kim-PD was shouting orders as fast as lightning.
 
"Bi An! Come here," Kim-PD ordered her and when she did, she filled her hand with a stack of heavy papers, "Pass this to UP10TION, would you?" It seemed like Yunrin saw her 'dongsaeng' getting a chance to go near UP10TION so, she decided to help out.
 
"Hey, replacement. Give me half." Bi An gladly dumped half of the stack into her hands."I'm going to visit team A so go to the other room, would you?" Yunrin made a point with her eyes that she wouldn't accept any rejection. Afterall, Wooshin was her bias.
 
"Sure?" Bi An said unsurely and headed to the opposite direction.
 
"Intruding!" Bi An singsanged as entered the room. The boys looked up from their lunch and stood up immediately to help her with the stack. "Thanks for bringing it to us." The tallest one said. She smiled back at them, "Your welcome! Good luck memorising all the lyrics!" Hwanhee groaned and everyone laughed.
 
As Bi An was about to leave, someone called out to her. "Eh? Wait! Are you new?" Jinhoo, the leader and the only one she recognises because of his lips, called out.
 
"Yeah, I am." She laughed, "You are good."
 
"Nah, he just memorises all the girls' faces." Jinhoo's eyes widened in alarm. "I DO NOT DO THAT! YAH. LEE HWANHEE!" He looked at the new female staff trying to stifle her laughter, "Sorry! This guy just loves to joke."
 
"Really? Then the joke was pretty good." Bi An smirked a little as she saw Jinhoo's face broke into despair. Hwanhee laughed like a hyena as he high-fived her. After a little more teasing, she decided to leave and let them eat their food in peace. "Leader-ssi, I was kidding. Please don't feel so sad. Anyways! Please enjoy your meal!" Bi An smiled at all of them and bowed. They did the same and waved as she left.
 
As the door closed, the boys started whispering amongst themselves for no apparent reason.
 
"That girl is your type, hyung!" Hwanhee nudged Jinhoo's shoulders teasingly.
 
"Oh my god! Lee Hwanhee! For the love of chocolate, I told you I'm not that kind of person." Jinhoo hissed back, his whole face red.
 
"Your eyes were shooting hearts, from my perspective," Xiao said innocently and Jinhoo hit him, since they were not even in front of cameras. Sunyeol sighed and decided to ignore those idiots. But truthfully, the girl was actually Hwanhee's ideal girl, not so tall, playful, and yeah, big dolly eyes. Sunyeol giggled to himself. Hwanhee is definitely still such a maknae, teasing others when he's the one that likes her himself. Anyways, we haven't caught her name yet. And we didn't even introduce ourselves. Come to think about it, we are such ill-mannered people. Sunyeol sighed and looked at the group of boys in front of him shouting at one another over nonsense.
 
I'm so not related to them.
 
__________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
» hello everyone! here's the first chapter and hope you enjoy reading! /nervous