chapter 9

Struggles of the new kid

Standing under the bleachers was non other then D.O.

"why were you there?" Baeko asked as d.o came around to stand before the trio.

"I was working on some lyrics when I heard you guys. I hope you don't mind, but I want to help" sure D.O had a problem with odacy at first and he still might've disliked her a little but no one deserved the treatment she was getting. They heard the bell signaling the end of lunch ring.

"Meet me at the school gates after the school empties" D.O said as he ran back into the building. The rest of them also made they way to their respective classes. The principle was in odacys class. She didn't have to wonder why for long when the principle announced

"you will be having a new teacher today. Be nice and treat him right. Please come in an introduce yourself" the doors opened and the new teacher walked to the center of the class with a warm smile.

"Hello students. My name is Mr.Kikwang" Odacy couldn't help but stare at the handsom man that would now be teaching her class. Class flew by with thoughts of Mr.kwang. he had said that they could call him that for short but she swore he was looking straight at her while he said it. He wasn't. But to her that didn't matter. She walked out of the room in a daze when she saw her friend approach her.

"What's got you on cloud 9?" She asked

"Oh nothing. So. Did you find anything out about who edited the picture?" The taller of the two asked getting straight to the point.

"No. But I have a feeling it came from 'exo'. And I don't mean one of their crazy fans. If you think about it exo was the first group of people to begin avoiding you which means it either got to them before anyone else or one of the members edited the picture and pretended to get It from an outside source. Either way exo was exposed to the edited picture before anyone else."

"But D.O. offered to help find out who did it. Why would he offer help if it was them to begin with?"

"I told you already didn't I? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He might've done that to eliminate himself off the list of suspects. Either way. Pretend to tell them what we know but don't. They don't know i came to find out who did this. They just think I'm some random transfer student from busan. And no matter what. I don't know you. K?" Samantha said as she walked away from Odacy and towards Kai just as he left the class.
....
D.O was nervous. He had listened in on the girls' conversation. They already know so much. He felt his hands get clammy as the words bounced around his head 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer' that's just what d.o was doing. And he couldn't let it get figured out. So he began to plot. He only had about 2 classes left in the day so he had to think fast or be exposed.
.....
Baeko, ren, minhyun, Aron, and Odacy made their way to the school exit planning on meeting D.O. Odacy saw Jimin at the end of the hall.

"You guys go ahead, I'll catch up" she said as she made her way towards him. She got up to him they stood in awkward silence when both of them mumbled at the same time

"I'm sorry I didn't ask you about the picture"

"I'm sorry about what Aron said"

"what?" Both of them asked at the same time.

"You first" they both said as they started laughing.

"I'm sorry I trusted the dumb picture" jimin said as his eyes met with odacys.

"Its OK" she said breaking eye contact and looking down at the floor.

"I heard about what Aron said in the cafateria. Don't pay him any mind. He's an ahole."

"I kind of figured that out after he called me little piggy. I can see why though" Jimin said as he gently held himself. She could feel the insecurity radiating off of him and it hurt to see the cute funny and dorky boy she met at the park and had lunch with think so poorly of himself. Odacy just wanted to hold him but she held herself back. Skinship was a big deal in Korea and she didn't want anymore rumors spreading. So instead she invited jimin to meet up with them. Jimin surprisingly agreed to go. They walked out and saw just who she was expecting. D.o, ren, baeko, aron, and minhyun Jimin tensed up when he saw Aron and as they approached the small groups she could feel the tension in the air.

"Now that I think about it I have homework to do so I can't go-"

"homework only take about an hour. I'm sure you have plenty of time to hang out. Besides. The more the marrier and you're like 2 people in o-" Aron was cut off as minhyun dug his elbow into his torso.

"What he ment to say" minhyun began ignoring Aron's pained complaints. "Was that we would be glad if you came. The more people we have the faster we can figure this out, yeah?" Minhyun asked with an empathetic smile. He understood jimin. He had problems deal in with insecurities similar to those of jimin and he knew that if Aron wasn't stopped he'd easily be able to drive jimin to anorexia. Jimin stared at minhyun wondering why he hung out with the other 2 more specifically Aron. He seemed like he wouldn't hurt a fly and unlike Aron he was kind and understanding.

"I..I guess I could stay for a few moments" jimin said.

"What did I do to deserve that?! What's the difference between what he said to what I said?!" Aron asked as he clutched his stomach "he wasn't an a** about it" JR simply replied as he started walking towards an unknown destination.

"Is that all you guys think of me?! You don't know why I've been through to become this way!! My father abuses me and my mom constantly. He gets drunk and touches me. And calls me terrible things" Aron said as tears began to steam down his face. The whole group with the exception of JR and minhyun and baeko were shocked at Aron's confession

"I'm so sorry" ren began but looked confused as Aron's cries turned slowly changed into laughter.

"You guys are so gullable" Aron said as he almost fell from laughing too hard. Minhyun kicked his feet out beneath him and Aron fell hard onto the pavement.

"So you lied?" D.o asked confusion clearly on his face as he semi glared at Aron.

"Aron's an orphan" JR said as he resumed his walking.

"You are such an a**" Odacy said as she stepped over Aron's fallen body "nice" he said as she turned to kick him in his shin. A few moments later they were at a luxurious home. It was way bigger then odacys she thought as they walked up the driveway.

"Where are we?" Jimin asked looking around. JR stepped up to the door and put in a pin. He opened the door and walked in and began taking his shoes off. He changed into his house slippers as he brought more for the rest of the group. They were all seated in the living room before he finally spoke

"let's get to business" the rest of the day was filled with questions, possibilities of who it might be and what each person knew. But it wasn't until after D.O left that the true conversation began as Odacy relayed what her friend had told her earlier that afternoon. Odacy got home and forced herself to finish her homework before falling asleep in an awkward position in between her textbooks