True Love [KaiSoo]

Fragments (Snippets)

A/N: This is a continuation or an alternate ending to the first chapter :)

====

He regrets what he said the moment those words escaped his lips. Seeing Jongin's back turned to him made him regret them even more. He wanted, no, he needed Jongin in his life. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tried to imagine his life without the other, but to no avail. Instead, his mind began to flood with flashbacks of his moments with Jongin. 

Exchanging notes in class. 

Whispering into each other's ear when the professor isn't looking. 

Sneaking candies under the desk. (Kyungsoo influenced Jongin with his love for candies.)

Sharing earphones when listening to music. (Jongin influenced Kyungsoo with his interest in different genres of music.)

Watching Pororo and singing along to the theme song.

Sitting beside each other almost every time. (Although they both claim that it was unintentional every time.) 

Joking around with the fact that they could've gotten together back then, before all of the mess even started.

Jongin's smile.

Jongin's warmth

Jongin's presence. 

Jongin. 

 

Kyungsoo lets out the breath that he has been holding for too long. 
He knows that he shouldn't let him go again. He couldn't afford Jongin walking away and out of his life. 

Not this time.

Even if he had to throw away his precious pride and risk being hurt again in the process.

So he looks for him. Kyungsoo's eyes scan the crowd for his... What is Jongin to him? 
Ah, true love.

He quickly spots the mop of brown hair, messed up in a stylish way. Kyungsoo puts his glass down and makes his way to the other, making long strides and big steps with his shorter-than-normal legs. The other's back is turned to him.

It's now or never, Kyungsoo. You have to do this. 

He reaches for the taller's wrist, making the latter turn around at the sudden contact. Jongin smiles at him with a spark of hope in his sad eyes. Kyungsoo opens his mouth but his words are caught in his throat. So he tugs at the other's wrist and pulls him into an embrace. His arms are tightly wrapped around the other's waist, with obviously no intention of letting go. Kyungsoo sways them a bit to the slow music that is currently playing.

"Dance with me?" The smaller whispers into the other's chest and clutches at the taller's coat. Jongin smiles fondly at the other's actions and complies to his request. He puts his hands on the other's waist and takes control of their movement, humming softly to the music. They danced in silence. No words were spoken but both were sure they can feel the other's racing heartbeat in contrast to the slow-paced music around them.

 

Jongin smiles. He understands. 

 

But Kyungsoo worries that maybe he doesn't. He looks up from his current position, finding the other smiling at him. He gazes into the other's eyes with the most serious and confident expression in his own.

 

"Yes"

 

Kyungsoo smiles back.

 

And that's it.