Room 313 [ChanBaek]

Fragments (Snippets)

Baekhyun glances at his watch. 2:15 PM.
Finally. 5 more minutes before Professor Kim dismisses the class. It's not that he hates the professor but philosophy just isn't really his thing. Although the subject was boring, it was bearable since Professor Kim was a cool and interesting professor and dismisses class 10 minutes earlier than normal.
"I get bored too", the professor said as he announced his regular early dismissal during the first meeting.
 

"Okay. Don't forget to read the next chapter for our discussion next meeting. Now go away." 

 

And go away Baekhyun did. As he made his way out of the classroom, he texts his bestfriend, Sehun. 

 

To: Se-brat

yah im out now. where do ya wanna eat?

 

From: Se-brat

You decide. Oh hey. Come up here. Class is about to end.

 
To: Se-brat

sure. WAIT NO ITS A WEDNESDAY-- YOURE CLASMATES WITH HIM IN THAT CLASS

 

From: Se-brat

Exactly. Come on. We're in room 313. We're sort of friends now so I'll introduce you.

 

​To: Se-brat

NO

 

But Baekhyun's rushing up the stairs as he's sending this.

 

He arrives in front of a classroom with the number '313' above the door frame with just enough time to compose himself before the door opens and a wave of students file out of the room. Baekhyun tries to calm his heart from the anxiety but fails to do so as he spots his friend Sehun and just behind him of course, a mop of hair that belongs to a certain giant named Chanyeol-- who, coincidentally, is and has been the object of Baekhyun's affection for the past year.

 

Baekhyun knows a lot about Chanyeol. His birthday. His hometown. His highschool. His mother's name. He knows a lot, really. 

 

But sadly, Chanyeol doesn't know him. Sure, they've met once, back when they were applying for college and were sitting next to each other in the line for the registrar. And funnily enough, that was when Baekhyun started to like him. His eyes. His smile. His-- okay let's save that story for another time. Anyway, the point is, they just had a very short conversation that day, so how would Chanyeol remember him? 

 

Sehun waves at the pretty boy that is his bestfriend. "Yo Baekon"

"Ugh don't call me that." Baekhyun mutters to himself as his bestfriend approaches him, with the giant trailing behind. 

"Chanyeol, this is Baekon. Baekon, Chanyeol." 

The tallest of the three smiles brightly and someone's heart skips a beat. The boy holds out his hand for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, Baekon...?"

The pretty boy nervously takes the hand and they shake hands. His hand is warm. "I-It's Baekhyun. " goddammit Baekhyun, don't stutter.

"Baekhyun." . That sounded nice.  Please say my name again. He smiles and nods. "Chanyeol."

They let go of each other's hands and Chanyeol hums. Sehun cuts in before an awkward silence sets. "Baekon here's my bestfriend since highschool." "Oh. That's cool."

Oh dear heavens, his voice is so hot. He's so tall. His hands are big. Wow. His fingers are so long and thin. And that smile. curse it all, that smjle. Oh he's looking at me. Wait, what did he say??

"Umm. I'm sorry. I spaced out a bit. What was that?" Chanyeol chuckles. "What course are you taking up?"

"Ah. I'm a Dentistry major." Baekhyun responds immediately to make up for his unattentiveness. "Nice. So, are my teeth good?" Chanyeol flashes his teeth at the other in a cheeky smile. Wow, so... "Beautiful." Baekhyun says before he can bite his tongue back. "Ah! I mean they're nice. They look perfect."

Sehun smirks at his bestfriend before joining a chuckling Chanyeol. The giant breaks into an even bigger smile. "Thanks."

 

Yep. He's perfect. I'm doomed.

 

Baekhyun calms down again and composes himself. "So, what's your course?"

"Ah. I'm a music major." Chanyeol says with a smile. "Wow. I bet you're so talented." The music major shakes his head. "Not really. I just know a bit of guitar, a bit of drums, I can do some other things too but I'm not really an expert in anything." Baekhyun smiles. "​If you don't consider yourself talented with all of that, then I must be a potato." Baekhyun wanted to say that, but luckily he was able to bite his tongue this time. "Ah. So you're like the jack of all trades?" "You can say that." Baekhyun nods while biting down on his own lip. . I'm actually talking to him.  I have to say something now. Come on Byun Baekhyun. Think!

 

"Ahh. So--" The bell rings, signaling that it's 5 minutes before the next period. "Oops. There goes the bell. I gotta go. My next class is on the other side of the building. Catch ya later, Sehun. And nice meeting you, Baekkie." He flashes another charming smile at his new acquaintance before sprinting across the hallway, careful not to bump into other students.

 

"So, Baekkie, what can you say?" Sehun nudges his bestfriend with his elbow as they watch the messy mop of brown hair slowly disappear into the crowd. When he gets no response, he turns to the other to check if he was still breathing. Baekhyun froze in his spot, mouth agape, eyes staring into space, not that Sehun was surprised though.

"Yah infatuated lover boy. Snap out of it. I'm hungry."

"Sehunnie." Baekhyun finally says as he breaks out of his trance.

"Yes, lover boy?"

"Park Chanyeol knows I exist."

"Yes, he does. Now let's eat." 

 

Needless to say, that short encounter with Park Chanyeol replayed in Baekhyun's mind the whole day.

 

And from then on, every Wednesday, at exactly 2:27 in the afternoon, one can find a certain Dentistry student along the hallway just outside Room 313. Waiting for his best friend, of course.