Overdue!

[ KAILU - THE SERIES ]
{  overdue! }
 

 

“Jongin-ssi, how many more fines do you have to pay before realising the severity of your forgetfulness?” The librarian chided lightly, but not without the spark of teasing in his eyes. 
 
“I…I..Sorry Mr Lu, but..” Jongin’s face flushed a few shades redder, knowing that he’s out of excuses for his bad habit. 
 
“It’s okay, Jongin-ah. I just feel bad that I have to collect money from you every time you come! It makes me feel like a loanshark. And also, didn’t I tell you to start calling me Luhan? Unless you don’t think that we’re close enough?” Oh boy, Luhan could never stop teasing when it came to this high school boy. Don’t mistake me, Jongin wasn’t a geek or anyone like that whom Luhan wanted to bully in those stupid sorority shows. Jongin was actually a gorgeous highschooler, with girls falling left and right for him. It’s just that he was too shy or introverted to notice. He immediately caught Luhan’s eye the day he started coming to the library after he transferred from another city. 
 
Suddenly, books weren’t #1 on Luhan’s list of priorities anymore, at least not when the person he was having a little crush on was standing flustered right in front of him. God, he’s so cute. 
 
But it wasn’t simply just an unrequited love, fortunately. Jongin continued coming to the library because of Luhan. He loved seeing Luhan’s doe-eyes after school, because it took away all the stress and frustrations of the day. Speaking to Luhan, or making Luhan smile, was enough to make him feel giddy with happiness for the rest of the week. But Jongin thought Luhan was irritated because of his persisting forgetfulness. 
 
Hell no. Luhan thought it was completely adorable, and he had fallen so deep in that he even paid for the poor boy’s fines when he had a heavier wallet.
 
                              Anything to make my angel smile, both of them thought. 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thank you for reading my story on aff! Hope you comment and upvote :-) Please feel free to send in prompts as well!

story layout credit