Who are you?

[ KAILU - THE SERIES ]
你是谁?
 
 

 

Kai was a volunteer at the place when he met Luhan. 

He was supposedly a part of this, supposedly a prisoner of the mind and history, but with the help of family and friends, he managed to escape. But it wasn't the same for Luhan. 

Kai was attracted to Luhan the minute he caught sight of the boy who looked like a deer caught in the headlights. And he never thought of how big a mistake it was, when he realized Luhan suffered from short-term memory loss. 

And before he knew it, he was sitting opposite Luhan, legs crossed Indian-style, waiting for the latter to open up. 

"I'm Luhan, and I suffer from short-term memory loss. You'll probably regret this, since I'm going to forget you in approximately 24 hours' time." He deadpanned. But Kai smiled. He smiled enough to let Luhan know that he was different. 

Within seconds, Luhan was pressed flushed against in Kai's chest, with Kai's arms clutched tightly, yet ever so gently around him. 

"My name is Kai, and I'm here to help you remember something you'll never forget."

And thus, it went on like this for the next five years. Every day without fail, Kai would appear by Luhan's bedside, and subconsciously clutch onto Luhan as tightly as he could, as though Luhan was his centre of gravity. He didn't want to lose Luhan, like how he would lose himself too. 

Every twenty four hours, he would say to Luhan, "My name is Kai, and I'm here to help you remember something you'll never forget."

It was starting to help Luhan. Every time Kai came to talk to Luhan, Luhan seemed to remember a little more of Kai, and he was starting to love every fragmented part of him that he could grasp onto. 

Kai didn't have much time left. He knew. But that didn't stop him from going to Luhan's room every day to say the same words to him. 

On 20th May 2025, Kai left the world. At the same moment, Luhan's world lost his one and only angel. 

The winds whistled a more sorrowful song than ever. At the wake, Luhan was asked to say his last words to Kai. Luhan tilted his head to the side and blurted out, "Who is Kai?" 




 

Yet, when he went back to his room, he leaned against the wall, legs slowly giving way below him. Tears stoically escaping his bloodshot eyes, he whispered, "Your name is Kai, and I'll always remember."

 
Author's Notes

Hey guys! Hope you guys enjoyed reading this!
0Y0Lz4y.gif