Chapter 8

Not Just A Shoulder

Chapter 8




After spending a night trying to distract yourself from thoughts of Jae Min you decide that it wouldn’t be any help to this situation if you were in a bad mood. You decide that you would treat Na Ri as Jae Min’s friend and that you wouldn’t think much more about it. Because that was the best way to handle this situation right? If you continued on thinking about what more they were or whether they had feelings for each other it would just put you in more doubt of Jae Min. 

 

You were surprised to see how many messaged you got from Jae Min that night while your phone was off.

 

Jae Min: Hyunnie ah~ Do you wanna go out tmrw?

 

Jae Min: I guess you really did go to bed… tell me when you see this okay?

 

Jae Min: O.o did you really not wake up a single bit for sleeping this long?

 

 Jae Min: Aigoo when its my Hyunnie gonna wake up?

 

Jae Min: Are you still sleeping…?

 

Jae Min: Yah Hyun Joo if your ignoring me then your starting to make me really worried.

 

Jae Min: ARE YOU HERE KIM HYUN JOO?

 

Jeno: Are you okay? Jae Min said you weren’t replying any of his messages…

 

Miss call from Jae Min.

 

Miss call from Jae Min (4).

 

Jae Min: Hyunnie ah please tell me when you see these messages. 

 

 

Just when you were about to give your impatient boyfriend a reply, the doorbell rang. Quickly getting out of your seat you rushed over to the door to see who it was.

 

“Are you okay?” Jeno immediately walked in, giving you a concerned look.

 

“Yeah…?” what was with all this ‘are you okay’s first thing in the morning?

 

“Aigooo then you should have at least replied Jae Min’s messages he was worried”

 

“I was just about to… my phone was off the whole evening and this morning” you shrugged.

 

“Why?” he knew that you weren’t the kind of person to suddenly have your phone off for that long period of time, especially when you had a boyfriend.

 

“I just… wanted some time to myself?” you shrugged again.

 

“Oh… don’t forget to reply him” he pointed at your phone on the desk.

 

Before grabbing your phone you went into the kitchen to get some food out for the two of you placing it on the table before moving some onto a plate and giving it to Jeno. He muttered a small thanks before sitting down and waiting for you to finish replying your boyfriend. 

 

You: Sorry my phone was off and I just saw these messages. I’m okay don’t worry :) and I guess now it’s a little too late to be going out?

 

Within no time you received a reply.

 

Jae Min: SERIOUSLY KIM HYUN JOO DID IT TAKE YOU THAT LONG TO REPLY I ALMOST DIED WAITING! And yes it’ll be too late to go out now and get back before night so maybe we should go tomorrow. 

 

You: You have no plans tomorrow?

 

Jae Min: Um… I don’t know. I’ll let you know later.

 

 

You put down your phone, and took a bite out of the food. “Why did you come here?” you asked Jeno curiosity as he suddenly barged into your house out of nowhere… well not exactly barge.

 

“Huh? Oh… um…” Jeno started off but he didn’t know what to say. “Well um you weren’t replying and stuff and like Jae Min made it sound like there was something wrong so uh yeah i guess” his voice slowly becoming quieter as he said those words. 

 

“Babo, why would I not be okay?”

 

“Uh… Um… I don’t know” he said even though he knew the exact reason.

 

“Are you going to meet Jae Min or something?”

 

You shrugged having no idea what Jae Min would plan. “Probably not, he's always busy now” you gave him a faint smile before changing the subject, “since you’re here how about we watch a movie~” 

 

— — —

 

Jae Min had told you after class that he would not be going back home with you once again, which didn’t even seem to be much of a surprise anymore to you. You didn’t mind today though, since there was a maths test coming up and you really needed to be studying for it and you new exactly who would be able to help you.

 

Typing a number into your phone, you quickly made a call making sure he was still at school.

 

“Hello?” 

 

“Jeno ah~ are you still at school” you said over the phone.

 

“Yeah I am, why?” 

 

“You know about the upcoming test… I’m really bad at maths and I might need some help if you don’t mind? Or are you busy?” 

 

“Oh~ nope I’m not busy, and of course I don’t mind” he was glad that you were asking him for help instead of always trying to do everything yourself. 

 

“Great!~ Where should we go?”

 

“I don’t mind” 

 

“School Library? Since I haven’t left either” you deiced that it would be the best place to study since it was pretty quiet there and since most students have left there wouldn’t be many people there in the first place. 

 

“Okay~ I’ll head over there now” he said before ending the call.

 

 

Walking towards the closest staircase you walked up to the floor of the library. Seeing you infront of him he was about to call out to you, but then he decided to just follow you behind to give you a little surprise later. 

 

Upon reaching the library, he still followed you inside, waiting for the best moment to surprise you. But as soon as you walked through the library doors and the hallway to the main study area, you stop, causing him to stop as well. 

 

You watched as two familiar figures were busy having a conversation on one of the tables. But there was something off about this conversation because there wasn’t much talking.

 

“Na Ri ah…”

 

“Oppa I don’t care anymore, I’m just going to do it”

 

You watched as the most unexpected thing happened right in front of your eyes. She kissed him. Na Ri had just kissed your boyfriend. You stood there frozen unsure of what to think, where to go or what to do. Did that really just happen?

Before you were able to give any more thought or how to react a hand was placed over your face, perfectly covering your eyes. The next thing you knew was that you were being dragged out of the library really quickly. 

 

When he had finally stopped walking, he uncovers your eyes before giving you a very worried looked. 

 

“Are you okay?” Jeno asked, his hands firm on your shoulders. Not receiving any sort of respond to you he asks again, “Yah~ Are you okay? Kim Hyun Joo are you okay?” 

 

Giving you a little shake on your shoulders you finally snapped out of your blank mind. “Huh? Oh um yeah”

 

“Hyun Joo ah…”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s okay not to be okay… really…”

 

“No, I’m fine.”

 

“Hyun Joo… everyone has their breaking limits, if you can’t hold it in then let it out… you shouldn’t be covering up all your feelings like that…”

 

You looked down trying to cover your face, not really wanting to face anyone right now. You were a complete mess on the inside yet you didn’t want to break down right here.

 

“Theres nothing wrong with feeling mad or upset, if your not okay then at least let me know… I’m your best friend right?” he said before giving you a little pat on the head. Although his words didn’t make sense to himself at all, he was there telling you to let your feelings out yet he was hiding so much himself.

 

“Hyun Joo ah…”

 

That was it, you couldn’t hold it in anymore. You kept your head facing the floor while tears streamed out of your eyes. Why did she have to do that right infront of your face? Why couldn’t he stop hanging out with her? Why out of all people did she have to pick Jae Min? So many questions were lingering in your head, and at the same time the scene that you had just witnessed had kept of replaying in your head making you feel so frustrated and confused. 

 

Seeing you break down like this was a first for Jeno despite the fact you guys had been friends for quite a long time now. It hurt him so much to see you like this that he wouldn’t mind hurting for you but right now he didn’t know what he could do to make you feel better. He was very lost as well, moreover he just wanted you to be okay.

 


 

Author's Note

To be honest, I didn't really intend to make Na Ri that much of a bad character,
but it's okay I guess everyone has their own interpriations hehe :) 
Thank you to everyone who were so pacient with all my slow updates,
Enjoy~ ^^