Chapter 1

Not Just A Shoulder

Chapter 1



Turning away from Jae Min, you walked away furiously. Seriously?! How could he get mad at you over a small little mistake you had just made. The two of you have been dating for 6 months now and you couldn’t count how many times you’ve had fights with him. Sometimes he was seriously a pain in the because of his high jealousy level. All you did was talk with this new guy that joined your school recently and he had accused you of flirting with him. Although it was cute at times, sometimes he just went overboard. You didn’t even know that guy well! All you were trying to do was to help him out with the new environment and make him feel comfortable. 

 

That day you went home alone and ignored all the texts and calls you got from Jae Min. You sighed as you opened the door to your room and sat down on the bed. “Aish, that idiot!”

 

You felt your phone vibrating once more, “Is he seriously that desperate for me?” you asked yourself while looking for your phone. Finding your phone you were just about to answer when the call got cancelled after ringing for too long. Sighing once again, you felt a little heart broken thinking about what had just happened between your boyfriend and you.

 

Searching for a particular name, you pressed the call button next to it, almost instantly getting a reply.

 

“Hello?” he answered.

 

“Jeno ah~”

 

“Huh? Yea?”

 

After hearing you sigh, he knew that something was off. “Did something happen?”

 

“Um…” You tried to start off but the words didn’t get to your mouth.

 

“Did you fight with Jae Min again?” he asked carefully, not wanting to hurt your feelings more.

 

“Yea… He’s so stupid sometimes!”

 

“What happened?”

 

“He got mad at me because I was talking to the new guy in our class”

 

“Oh… I see… Where are you now?”

 

“Home” you pouted a little, feeling bad for ditching your boyfriend even though you were still mad at him.

 

“Do you want me to go over?”

 

“If you can~” you smiled, finally someone to talk to.

 

“Okay, I’ll head out now” Jeno let you know before he hung up. 

 

You would say that Jeno understood you the best. Out of all your friends, he would always be the first one to notice something wrong and you had to admit that he was the person who you were most comfortable telling everything to. Sometimes you would wonder why he still hadn’t have a girlfriend, he’s so caring and understanding, who wouldn’t like a guy like him? Yet again, he was really quiet and shy, so even if he liked someone he would be the type that never told them.

 

Not long after, you heard your doorbell ring. Finally getting up from your bed, you walked towards the door and opened it for him. 

 

“Annyeong” he greeted you with his eye smile. Another thing, who wouldn’t fall for his eye smile anyway, it was like the sweetest thing on earth.

 

“Thanks for coming over” you smiled back before letting him step into your house.

 

The two of you sat on the sofa looking at each other. Silence filled the room as you thought of what to say while he looked at you worriedly.

 

 “Jeno ah…”

 

“Yea?”

 

“Why do I like Jae Min?”

 

“Um…” your sudden question made him pause.

 

“He’s so immature sometimes” you pouted.

 

“But it’s only because he cares about you a lot” he reasoned out with you.

 

“Yea, I know. I know it’s because he cares about me a lot and he doesn’t like it when I’m with other guys but seriously I was just trying to help that new guy out. He gets jealous over a new guy that I barely know and doesn’t get jealous of me being friends with you?”

 

Your words made him stuck, again. Friends. Friends. Right, you guys were only friends. He almost forgot. He wasn’t supposed to ask for more either, you guys were only supposed to be friends. 

 

“Well… um…”

 

“Right. You guys are best friends” you stated clearly. Another reason why he could only be your friend, because you were dating his best friend, and it wouldn’t be right to be more than just friends with your best friend’s girlfriend right?

 

“Maybe you should tell him about you trying to help the new guy out?”

 

“I did Jeno! I did! But he just- just- he doesn’t listen…” you looked away, trying to hold your feelings in. “He gets jealous way to easily” you stated the obvious as he chuckled.

 

“Yea, I know he does” 

 

“Exactly! I see him with girls everyday and it’s not like I get jealous. And then I just try helping some guy out and he gets all worked up about it and starts saying things like I don’t care about him or something. Like why doesn't he understand?” you sighed.

“Do you want me to talk to I'm for you?” he asked.

 

You pouted again, “Do you think he’ll listen if you told him?”

 

“He will” he gave you an reassuring smile.

 

“Komawo Jeno ah” you smiled back.

 

He was always the person who solved the problems between you and Jae Min. You felt really bad because you always relied on him but he would just simply reply with a “it’s okay, thats what friends are for~”

 

 

— — —

 

 

“Hyun Joo ah~” you heard your boyfriend’s voice almost as soon as you walked into the hubs. You turned around with a frown as he walked closer towards you.

 

“Wae” you said coldly. 

 

“Mianhae~ I shouldn’t gotten mad at you yesterday” he apologised with a little pout.

 

“I was just trying to help him out… I wasn’t flirting with him or anything!” You knew that Jae Min probably knew the truth, but you just wanted to make sure that he wasn’t just apologising for no reason.

 

“I know I know, which why I’m sorry~ I’m really sorry Hyunnie ah~”

 

You scrunched up your face a little to make you look like you were mad, knowing that your boyfriend wouldn’t be able to resist. He poked your cheek before you turned to look away, causing him to poke your other cheek. 

 

“Ah hajimaaaa~” you tried to stop him but only getting pulled into a hug into the warm arms of your boyfriend. “

 

Am I forgiven then?” he added a little agyeo to his voice. 

 

“Hmm I dunno?” you smirked at him before pulling away. “Maybe?” you winked before seeing Jeno walk in. Quickly, you dashed off and hid behind him. 

 

“Wae? Did something happen?” Jeno asked you worriedly.

 

“Yes! A huge problem! A monster’s trying to get me!” you pointed at Jae Min as the two of you watched him coming over.

 

Jeno smiled as heard your cute little way of telling him that you and your boyfriend had already made up.

 


 

 

Author's Note

Really short first chapter but I hope you guys like it! ^^

Feel free to give me suggestions and leave comments :)