Chapter 4

Not Just A Shoulder

Chapter 4


 

School had finally ended and you couldn’t wait until you could finally spend some time with your boyfriend. He had been busy the whole day, taking the new girl around, but now that school had ended, you couldn’t wait until to walk home with him and spend some time with him.

 

You skipped to his seat excitedly as soon as you finished packing your bag after the teacher had left the classroom.

 

“JaeMinnieeeeeee” you smiled happily reaching his desk.

 

“Oh annyeong~” he returned the smile. You glanced at the new girl next to him, before looking at your boyfriend. “Where should we go today?” you asked.

 

“Oh… um… about that… Na Ri is a little new to this side of the city so she would like me to take her around and show her a few places… so I don’t think I’ll be able to go back with you today… Mianhae…” he sighed. Na Ri just smiled beside him giving you an awkward laugh.

 

“Ah… I see… it’s okay! Don’t worry I can go home with Jeno!” you smiled, trying not to look to disappointed. Well you couldn’t help but be a little sad since you’ve been waiting for a long time to be with Jae Min but looks like you wouldn’t be able to until tomorrow now. “Have fun!” you smiled at the two desk partners before leaving to find the other guys.

 

 

“Lee Jeno!” you called.

 

Jeno turned to look back where to where he had just heard his name from. There you where, he smiled.

 

“Where’s Jae Min?” he asked, looking around.

 

“He’s going to take the new girl around this place” you looked away trying not to show him your disappointed face.

 

“Oh…” too late, Jeno was really good at reading your emotions and you could never seem to hide them from him. “It’s okay… he’ll be with you soon… don’t worry, he’s just being a good classmate and helping out~ You liked nice guys right?” he smiled and gave your head a little ruffle. 

 

“I know… but I really really really want to be with Jae Min right now” you pouted.

 

“I’m sorry…” he looked down, not wanting to look at your eyes.

 

“Wae?” you didn’t understand… there wasn’t anything he could do. Nor was it his fault.

 

“Ani… I mean like… I’m sorry I’m not able to cover up what Jae Min does.” he just simply answered your question and walked off, leaving his words lingering in your mind, you chased up to him.

 

“Yah! What was that supposed to mean”

 

“Nothing~”

 

“Yahhhhh~ Tell me!”

 

“It’s really nothing…”

 

“Yah Lee Jeno!” you stopped walking. “What?” Jeno felt your sudden absence and turned to look back at where you stopped.

 

“Why do you always hide so much from me” you crossed your arms pretending to be mad.

 

“But I don’t!” 

 

“Then why aren’t you telling me…”

 

“Because it wasn’t supposed to mean anything” that was a complete lie, and he knew it himself but he didn’t want to admit it. He told himself that it didn’t mean anything, but deep inside he knew, he knew they were words he had been wanting to tell you for a long time. He knew there was so much more he wanted to say but he would stop himself. No, you don’t mean it. It doesn’t mean anything. He would tell himself.

 

“Jeno-“ “Be careful!” he screamed and pulled you to the side just before a basket ball hit your head. Luckily he grabbed you quick enough and the ball had completely missed you, bouncing off to the side. 

 

“Are you okay?” he asked instantly, not wanting any part of you to get hurt.

 

“Yea, I’m fine” you looked up before giving him a slight smile.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I just wasn’t expecting that. I’m fine~” you smiled.

 

“Be more careful~ You can’t just stand in the middle of no where, accidents happen you know~” Jeno grabbed your arm before walking off to the way you guys were originally heading.

 

“Arrasseoo~ Mianhaeeee~” you stuck your tongue out at him, “Who’s the girl here? Why is the guy telling me to be careful” you laughed.

 

“That’s because you’re clumsy” he teased you.

“But I’m not!” you pouted.

 

 

— — — 

 

 

Jae Min slid this arm around your back and you jumped in surprise. “What’s my Hyunnie doing?”

“Yah! You scared me!” you pouted.

 

“Ah~ Mianhae~ I was just going to give you a little surprise”, he teased, “Let’s go join the others for lunch”

 

“You’re eating with us today?” you said in surprise. Well you see, making sure the new girl settles down okay around your school, your boyfriend had been pretty busy and hasn’t been with you guys for more than a week.

 

“Wae? Am I know welcome now?”

 

“Ani! I’m so glad you’re eating with us” you hugged him tightly.

 

“Did you miss me that much?” he asked while laughing, you just nodded in his grip not wanting to let go. “Come one let’s go~”

 

 

“Heol~ Daebak! Jae Min ah! You’re back?” Mark said in surprise.

 

“Yah, get out, you’re not welcome, we don’t like strangers!” Dong Hyuk teased making your boyfriend pout.

 

“You’re finally back!” Jeno smiled, moving a little to make more space for the two of you. As usual, you sat down in between Jeno and Jae Min.

 

“Hyung! Where were you all this time~” Ji Sung asked.

 

“Oh… I’m sure you’ve heard of the new girl? She needed someone to show her around and I was her seat partner so she asked me to help her out…” he sighed grabbing some food from Jeno’s plate. 

 

“Ooooh~” Dong Hyuk and Mark chimed. “Is she pretty?” Dong Hyuk smirked.

 

Jae Min looked at him in disbelief, “Well… I guess so… but no one will ever be as pretty and cute as my Hyun Joo~” he laughed, grabbing you closer to him causing all the other guys to cringe.

 

“Oh my god get a room!” Mark screamed, maybe… a little to loud.

 

“Um… Hyungs…” Ji Sung hesitantly started off before continuing when everyone turned to his direction, “Um… can I add someone?”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean like… can someone join us?”

 

“Who?”

 

Ji Sungs face immediately turned bright pink and you knew exactly what this was.

 

“Is it the girl you like?” You teased, giving him a little smirk.

 

“Yahhh woahhhh Ji Sung ah!” The boys started screaming.

 

“So what happened between the two of you? Did you tell her?” you gave him an reassuring smile. He nodded, hanging his head down not wanting to show anyone his blushing face.

 

“Aigoo~ Of course she can join! Bring her tomorrow okay? We’ll make a spot there just for her, next to you” Mark smirked causing everyone to laugh.

 

“Really?” Ji Sung said in surprise.

 

“Of course! She’s not a random person, she’s your girl” Dong Hyuk winked causing Ji Sung’s face to turn into a darker shade of pink.

 

Jae Min felt his phone buzz, and took it out to check.

 

Na Ri: Oppa where are you? Can you come to the rooftop now, I need to see you!

 

Jae Min looked up towards you before quickly hiding his phone, “Mianhae, I have something to sort out, I’ll be back in a bit okay?” You gave him a quick nod and smile before he got up and left.

 

You felt a little nudge from beside you, “Where is he going?” Jeno asked.

 

“I’m not sure but he said he’ll be back in a bit”

 

“Wait wheres Jae Min” Mark suddenly stop laughing and looked up to see a missing person.

 

“He had something to do and said he will be back in a while” you repeated for the others.

 

“Are you not going to go with him?”

 

“Huh… Wae?” you asked confused.

 

“I dunno… don’t you guys like do everything together?” Dong Hyuk smirked.

“Oh… he didn’t asked me to go… so I guess he had something to do alone…” you sighed. Dong Hyuk was right, Jae Min actually never liked doing things alone and would always ask you to go with him, even if it was as simple as meeting a teacher but somehow his time he just left without telling you much. 

 

“Aigooo are you just going to let him go like that?”

 

“He said he would come back later” you gave Mark a smile.

 

“Aren’t you trusting him a little too much?”

 

“Who am I going to believe if I don’t believe my own boyfriend?” you chuckled. 

 

“Aish! Here they go again! Are you guys like… already planning your wedding?!” Dong Hyuk teased.

 

“What?!” 

 

“What did Jae Min do to Hyun Joo, Oh my gosh!” Dong Hyuk grabbed Mark’s arm and pretend to be in disbelief.

 

 

 

Jae Min walked up the stairs quickly, reaching his point he opened the doors to the rooftop.

 

“Oppa! You’re here!” Na Ri turned around running towards Jae Min before giving him a hug.

 

“Yea… What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing” Na Ri smiled, “I just didn’t have anyone to hangout with so I wanted to see you”

 

“Oh… But I told the others I’ll go back” Jae Min scratched the back of his head, not knowing where to go.

 

“Just send them a message and say you can’t or something~ Oppa~ I don’t like being lonely~” using all the aegyo Na Ri had, she tired to get Jae Min to stay with her.

 

 

 

The guys were still teasing Ji Sung about his ‘girl’ when you received a message.

 

Jaeminnie: Mianhae, I might not be able to go back, I’ll see you in class okay? ♡ ♡

 

Your heart broke a little knowing that you wouldn’t be able to spend some time with your boyfriend until after school now but you didn’t let it bother too much knowing that he was probably busy.

 

Jeno noticed something wrong and deiced to ask you, “Is everything okay?”

“Huh? Me? Oh um… yea”

 

“What happened?”

 

“Nothing” you smiled.

 

“Yah-“ you knew Jeno wasn’t just going to let you away with this so there wasn’t a point in hiding it from him.

 

“Jae Min said he had something to do so he might not be able to come back for now… so I won’t see him till later…” you sighed.

 

“Oh… It’s okay~ You’ll see him in class even though you might not get a chance to talk to him”

 

“Yea, I guess” you smiled.

 


Author's Note

Finally... I have the time to update~
Just so you guys know, I haven't forgotton about this! It's just that I have been really busy and I dont' really have the time to update right now, but I'll try my best to. I'm really sorry >//<
Kamsa for reading~