Chapter 6

Not Just A Shoulder

Chapter 6

 


 

You made sure to lock your door before heading off to the lift. As soon as you exited the lobby you saw a familiar figure.

 

“Hyun Joo ah!’ he called rushing over to you. 

 

“Morning” you smiled.

 

“Sorry about yesterday, I just had to make sure Na Ri was okay on the way back home” 

 

“Yeah I know, let’s go or we’re going to be late”

 

You weren’t going to lie, you were a little disappointed about what happened yesterday but seeing that he was purposely came over to your block to wait for you it made you feel a little better.

 

As the two of you approached the school you noticed Ji Sung running over. “Noona!!”

 

You smiled upon seeing the cute boy rush over. “Noona noona! She said she’ll join us for lunch now~” he jumped up and down excitedly. You smiled at his cuteness, “Aww really? I guess I’ll finally have a girl to talk to them huh? Have you confessed to her yet?”

 

“Um… about that… no… but I’m planning to do it soon when we’re more comfortable around each other” he looked down shyly. 

 

“Woah what? Ji Sung you’re confessing to someone?” Jae Min wondered if he had even heard correctly. Right, he had been missing out so many lunch sessions now that he was completely behind with what his friends were talking about.

 

Ji Sung just shyly nodded, “I’ll see you later hyung and noona!”

 

“Woah woah woah whats happening? Ji Sung has a girlfriend now?” Jae Min pulled you into a hug as he mentioned the term ‘girlfriend’. “Mhmm I guess… who told you to ditch us so many times huh, you didn’t even know what happened to Ji Sung” you teased.

 

“Awww I’m sorry Hyunnie” he pinched your cheeks and you were about to do the same when someone shouted your boyfriend’s name. “Jae Min Oppa!” Oppa… you didn’t even have to turn your head to know who it was.

 

Na Ri came over, tugging on Jae Min’s arms, “Let’s go to class” before pulling him away from you. You blinked. What just happened?

 

What you didn’t know was that Jeno had only been a few meters away, witnessing this whole scene. And now he was able to fully understand why you were upset yesterday. 

 

She's defiantly letting this question their relationship.

 

— — — 

 

 

“Jae Min!” Jeno said before approaching the guy. “Are you eating with us today?”

 

“Yup!” 

 

“Good.” he smiled, finally knowing that his friend would be able to spend some time with his girlfriend again. “Oh… um by the way… whats your relation to the new girl?”

 

“What? Na Ri?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“We’re friends” Jae Min simply answered.

 

“Just friends?” Jeno repeated.

 

“Well… close friends? I guess” he shrugged.

 

“Oh.” Jeno stood there not knowing how to react. Close friends? Is that why Hyun Joo is worrying? Because they’re close friends and he's paying so much attention to the new girl that Hyun Joo is starting to feel distanced?

 

The two guys walked down the cafeteria to get to the usual table. “Hyung!” Jae Min tapped Mark on the back.

 

“Woah your finally here?” Mark teased, shuffling over a bit to make some room for him.

 

Jeno sat on the opposite side before seeing you make your way to the table as well. “Jae Min ah, make some room, Hyun Joo’s coming” he told him.

 

Seeing that your boyfriend was finally able to join you guys for lunch you happily skipped over and took a seat next to him. 

 

As the others started to arrived you noticed Ji Sung walking over with a girl beside him… well not exactly beside him, there was a huge gap inbetween. Seeing this you chuckled and waved at him.

 

“Noona… Hyungs…” he said quietly as they approached the table. Before he could say anything Dong Hyuck burst out laughing, “Yah! Ji Sung who is that behind you?” Immediately you kicked him under the table causing him to whine in pain. 

 

“Oh um… this is a classmate of mine… she can join us for lunch right?” he shyly looked down.

 

“Who says?” Mark teased. Ji Sung’s eyes widened, almost as if they were about to pop out… “Noona sa-“

 

“I say so!” you got up and pushed Jeno over to make some space for the two of them. Noticing that the girl was quite shy and was a little uncomfortable around the new surroundings you got up and moved over to sit next to her. Since you were the only other girl there maybe it would make her feel better instead of having a bunch of guys surrounding her.

 

“Ji Sung ah~ are you gonna tell us more about her?” you asked before flashing the girl a smile.

 

“Um her name’s Ji Young… and we’re classmates… and I’m a month older than her and…” he suddenly stopped. “I don’t really know that much either” he said so quietly that not many of you were able to hear. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Sumbae-nims” Ji Young greeted politely. 

 

“Aww~ No need to be so formal~ We’re friends now so just speak comfortably” Dong Hyuck teased, earning another kick from you. “Yah! What was that for!” 

 

“Stop flirting with her! You’re gonna creep her out and stop stealing her okay she already as a boyfriend!” you scolded Dong Hyuck who still didn’t seem to get the situation. 

 

“F-f-friends?” she stuttered.

 

“Well if you’re Ji Sung’s friend then you’re our friend too” Mark grinned, turning to give the youngest boy a smirk.

 

“Guys we should introduce our selves too” Mark being the oldest suggested. “You can just call me Mark”

 

“I’m Dong Hyuck!!” he said energetically causing everyone to laugh.

 

“My name’s Jeno”

 

“I’m Jae Min”

 

“Hi~ I’m Hyun Joo~” you smiled giving the younger girl a little ruffle on her head. You could totally understand why Ji Sung liked this girl. She was well behaved, cute, quite and shy just like himself. 

 

“Ah~ and you see these two?” Dong Hyuck pointed at Jae Min and you, “They’re dating… oh and they're super cheesy so you might want to make sure you don’t ever sit in between them. You were about to kick him under the table again but this time he was a little too smart and moved before your foot got him causing you to accidentally kick the table really hardly. 

 

“Are you okay?” Jeno and Jae Min chimed. You gave them a nod.

 

“Yah don’t do that” Jae Min slapped Dong Hyuck as revenge for you. 

 

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Jeno immediately got off his seat to check on you. “No it’s okay” you smiled at him.

 

She smiled at you before asking the same thing, “Sumbae-nim are you okay?”

 

You gave Dong Hyuck a stern glare before nodding back at everyone. “I’m going to get lunch who’s coming with me?” you stood up, giving the younger girl a look before she stood up next to you. “Me~” she said cutely.

 

“I’ll be stealing your girlfriend for a while maknae!” you smirked at Ji Sung. 

 

“Yah, he said that she was younger than him so doesn’t that make her the maknae now?” Mark laughed.

 

“Oh right… Looks like someone has finally became an oppa huh?” you all laughed at the two youngest ones, “Alright then I’ll guess I’ll be stealing your girlfriend for a little while Ji Sung”.

 

You were walking along the counters picking out the dishes you wanted to eat. 

 

“Hyun Joo Sumbaenim” Ji Young said quietly but loud enough for you to hear and turn to her.


“Hmm?”

 

“Are you can Jae Min Sumbae very close?” she asked shyly.

 

“Hm… I guess so, we were friends before we got together” you gave her a smile before putting some meat on her plate.

 

“Ah…”

 

“Why?” 

 

“I hope that one day Ji Sung and I can be close too…”

 

“Don’t worry~ Ji Sung’s always like that, he starts off shy and awkward but once he becomes more comfortable you will see how cute and out going he is, he was like that with us too” you smiled, recalling the times when Ji Sung first joined the group of guys and how he didn’t talk much but soon grew to be very close to all of you.

 

“I hope so” she whispered to herself before the two of you headed back to the table. When you got back, you eyes widen in surprise to see who was sitting in the seat you sat before you had left minutes ago. 

 

Kwon Na Ri.
 


Author's Note

This took me much longer than I wanted it to but it's finally here ^^
i'll try to update as quick as I can again~
Thank you for being so patient ><

Enjoy!