Chapter 2

Not Just A Shoulder
 

Chapter 2


 

You smiled as you reached the table where your friends were at. Casually, you sat in-between Jae Min and Jeno while joining in the conversation they were having.

 

“Ji Sung ah~ Why are you so quiet today?” One of your friends, Marked asked the youngest, Ji Sung.

 

“Huh? Oh- Um… I dunno?” Ji Sung shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I swear theres something wrong with you Ji Sung, you’re not usually this quiet” Mark talked back to him.

 

“Yea, I know right~ What happened Ji Sung? You can tell the hyungs!” Dong Hyuk encouraged.

 

“Heyheyhey! Don’t forget my girlfriend people~ she’s not a hyung, its noona” Your boyfriend said smiling at you.

 

“It’s okay Jae-“

 

“It’s not okay! They can’t forget my lovely girlfriend” he insisted, pinching your cheeks.

 

“We all know you love each other guys!” Mark pretended to puke. “Ji Sung ah~~ Tell us hyungs~ and noona over there” he pointed at you which made Jae Min chuckle a little.

 

“Ani-“


“Yah! Do you like someone?!” Dong Hyuk cut him off leaving a long moment of silence. Everyone waited for Ji Sung’s answer.

 

“Um…” he started off, “Uh- You see there this um… girl who uh… con-confess..ed to me… I think…”

 

“WHAT?!” Mark screamed.

 

“And then and then?” Jae Min impatiently asked. “Do you like her too?”

 

“Um…”

 

“He likes her too oh my god!” Dong Hyuk pretended to fan himself.

 

“Ani! Hyung!” 

 

“You don’t like her back?” Your boyfriend pouted.

 

“Ani…”

“Wait so this girl confessed to you but you don’t like her back.” Mark tired to get things straight.

 

“No! I do!” Ji Sung let his secret slip out a bit too quickly, realising he covered his mouth.

 

Jae Min immediately smirked at the youngest, “Then did you tell her? Are you going to ask her out?”

 

“What?” Ji Sung pouted cutely at all of you.

 

“You like her, she likes you, even better she confessed to you. So why not ask her out?” Mark suggested.

 

“Ah Hyung!! I can’t just-“

 

“Yea you can~ What did you tell her?”

 

“I told her… to give me some time…” a small blush appeared on Ji Sung’s cheeks.

 

“Woah~ Our Ji Sung’s a man!”

 

“Hyung!”

 

The boys just laughed at the little maknae who tired to hide his nervousness.

 

“Go for it~” Mark encouraged him.

 

 

They were all asking Ji Sung about ‘his girl’ while you noticed something off with Jeno.

 

“Jeno ah~ Are you okay?” you asked worriedly. 

 

He turned  to look at you before giving you a small nod.

 

“Yah~ Why are you being like this? Did something happen to you too?”


“Ani.” he answered simply.

 

You deiced to let it slide and ask him later because it was probably something he didn’t want to share with everyone.

 

 

— — —

 

 

You walked out the classroom of your last lesson today with Jeno. 

 

“Jeno ah~ Can we go get bubble teaaaaa” 

 

“Aren’t you going to go home with Jae Min?”

 

“He has something to do” you pouted, “Can you come with me instead~” using a little aegyo you managed to make Jeno smile. 

 

“Arrasseo~ Let’s go get bubble tea”

 

 

Arriving at the bubble tea shop, you bought the usual drinks you would get.

 

“Yah! Who said you could pay?”

 

“Me.” you stuck or tongue at at him.

 

“But I’m the guy!”

 

“It’s okay~ Doesn’t matter~”

 

“No it does!”

 

“Yah. Lee Jeno. You pay for our food and drinks a lot too~”

 

“So?”

 

“So that means I’m paying this time” you smiled.

 

“Yah-“

 

“Too bad!”

 

The lady at the counter handed you the two drinks as you passed one to Jeno before he smiled at you, “Thank you~ Next time I’m paying!”

 

“Mmm… Maybe~” you stuck your tongue out at him before running out of the store.

 

 

The two of you walked home side by side, just as usual, well ever since you started dating Jae Min he would be there as well but occasionally it would just be Jeno and you just like before. Jeno lived very close to you, which is how the to of you became friends.

 

When you were young, you would always go to a near by playground and there was always this boy there. He would be reading quietly on one of the benches while you would be running around the playground. Every time you were there you would see him and yet he would be doing the same thing, reading a book. You noticed that he was always there alone, everyone would be running around, yet he could be reading there so peacefully.

 

You wonder for a long time why and had always wanted to ask him but you didn't know where to start. It wasn’t until one day, the two of you bumped into reach other as he was about to leave and you were running. Because of the sudden crash, you fell down and scraped your knee. Almost immediately he picked you up and asked if you were okay. And that was were it started, you guys would greet each other at the park and soon enough became best friends.

 

Even though you were dating someone else, it was true that the two of you were unseperatable, just like kids, the two of you would often act silly and do the stupidest things ever together, but that was what friends were for right?

 

 

The two of you walked into the park, to the bench that Jeno had been sitting on ever since the first time you met him more than 8 years ago. You sat down in the middle before scooting over to the side making some space for your best friend. 

 

You noticed that he seemed to be thinking about something, which made you think back to earlier during lunch time.

 

“Jeno ah~”

 

“Yea?”

 

“Did something happen earlier at lunch?”

 

“No? Why?”

 

“Yah Lee Jeno! Why are you always hiding so much from me~ I tell you everything you know!”

 

“I’m not hiding anything from you?” Okay maybe he was, but not a lot, he told you mostly everything. Infact he did tell you everything, just not anything related to his little secret. Or maybe it was a big secret, but he didn’t want anyone to know, he wasn’t supposed to let anyone know.

 

“Then what were you thinking about?” you questioned him.

 

“Ji Sung…”

 

“What about Ji Sung?”

 

“He got a girlfriend remember?”

 

“Oh… Right. But why were you so quiet about it?”

 

“I’m happy for him” he smiled at you.

“Who wouldn’t be~” you laughed, “Look’s like the little maknae has finally grown up!”

 

Jeno’s smile faded away. Not wanting you to notice he looked down, “Yea…”

 

“So it’s only left with you and Mark Oppa~” you smirked.

 

“Huh?” he looked back at you.

 

“When are you going to get a girlfriend!” you chuckled.

 

“I don’t know…” he signed.

 

“The problem is you’re too shy and even if you like the girl you won’t tell her right?”

 

“I-“

 

“It’s okay~ When you find someone you like just tell me and I’ll tell her for you” you smiled, taking another sip of your bubble tea.

 


 



 


 

Author's Note

I'm sorry for taking so long to update ㅠㅠ

I will be quite busy these few weeks but I'll try my best to update as quick as possible!

Enjoy! <3