Cherryblossom

Save the princess!!

"You can go now. I can handle the rest myself." I smiled reassuringly at the maid. Her face marked with signs of worry and anxiousness. She sent me one last nervous look before nodding and walking off. Her steps always so soundless and graceful. 

I let out a sigh straight after. Enrolling me into a school of witchcraft and wizardry was definitely a well-played plan by my father. I swung a dark red cloak over my shoulders and tied a big bow around my neck loosely. The cloak was long enough to sweep the floor. I inhaled sharply, my hazel brown eyes glowing red before exhaling, small flames spewing out unconsciously. 

All that pounded in my head was "I'm a girl". Fishing out my pocket mirror, I checked my appearance one last time. Do I look like a girl? Would I be able to deceive everybody in the room? I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head softly. Then a slippery, wet feel went around my legs. It slowly made its way up to my neck as it rest itself there permanently. 

"Rie, how rare of you to come back." I smiled at the Leucistic Texas Rat Snake rested on my shoulders, her tail coiled around my upper arm. Her scale a snow white and her eyes a beautiful white-blue shade. She wasn't all that huge of a snake. She easily grew to five feet but her body remained slim. She was a beautiful reptile.

She looked at me and hissed, her healthy reddish-pink tongue stuck out as she does so. I laughed. "So you're hungry huh?" I petted her head in response. "I have to go to class so mind waiting?" She hissed again before settling lazily on my shoulder. I chuckled at her absurb behaviour, totally forgetting about the class introduction until I heard a sudden call from the classroom.

It snapped me up from my alone time with Rie. I sighed and sent Rie a forceful smile before sliding the door open, stepping into the foreign space.

Everybody was looking at me. Some recognising me already with a glint in their eyes. Excitement, curiousity, dislike, so many emotions flashing across faces. I stopped a step beside the teacher, looking at the floor as I turned. This was it. 

I raised my head and met all the eyes. A group of girls in the corner were pleasantly surprised as they exploded into wide smiles and their eyes wide as they looked at each other. Another bunch of guys in front were exchanging grins and raised brows. Looks as if my introduction wasn't even needed.

"Good day, my name is No Minwoo and this is my familiar, Rie." I shook the cloak off my shoulders as it exposed the long white reptile. I smiled at the attention given. "Please take care of me."

As if planned, they burst out into excitement that very moment. Girls squealed and the guys high-fived each other happily. It was as if they scored lottery.

Then, the door opened with great force. A male stood at the entrance of the back door. His attention diverted to me. He had blonde hair parted to the left. His eyelids were attractively uneven and he had a sour look on his face as if unsatisfied with the world.

"You're late again, Donghyun." the teacher chided. The homeroom teacher had layered brown hair, his centre coloured a beautiful shade of purple. He was rather good-looking as well. 

The student, Donghyun I supposed, glanced at the teacher before plopping down at the last seat nearest to the window. "It's okay, Hyunseong-ssam."

Hyunseung-ssam shook his head, sighing as he does before returning back to me. "Ah Minwoo, you can sit uh..." Everybody shuffled, staring wide-eyed at their teacher as if pressurising him. "there, beside Donghyun." 

Everybody slammed the table in disappointment, some laying back and kicking the floor like a kid. I nodded and proceeded to the back of the class. Eyes were glued onto me as I walked, following my every movement. 

I glanced at the boy. He was an attractive man. 

He returned the look, his eyes glazed with boredom before he turned away again. Guess he wasn't as interested as the rest. That was somehow kind of disappointing. I shrugged it off, finally taking a seat. Rie slithered to my desk, alarming the boy in front as he turned around. 

He jumped in shock at the long reptile, examining it carefully after that. His hand clutched onto a piece of paper. 

"Don't worry, she won't bite." I smiled at his reaction. He looked up at me and then back to the snake before remembering what he was supposed to do. "Ah that's right! Here, your schedule!" He passed me the paper.

His eyes were small and tilted slightly downwards. His hair a light brown mess. He gives off the vibe as somebody who takes good care of their appearance. His smile's rather cute and warm.

"Hi, I'm Jeongmin!" he introduced himself, shooting out his hand. I shook it with a smile. He looked like a pretty nice fella. "This is my familiar, Minnie." He pushed out a small white-yellow fennec fox. Her black eyes captivating and cooing. I smiled at the cute animal, placing my hand softly in between her huge ears. 

Jeongmin grinned at the interaction before deciding to wake the two males on my sides. 

"Yah Jo KwangMin, Kim Donghyun!" he threw crushed paper balls at the both of them. The one of my right woke up surprisingly fast, his long limbs stretching out, his head slowly lifting in the direction of Jeongmin.

His face screamed irritation and he just stared at Jeongmin for a good 30 seconds without blinking before noticing me. Seems like he was asleep even during the time I had my self-introduction.

I extended my hand with a smile, introducing myself as I did it. "Hi, I'm the new student and my name's No Minwoo."

He stared at the hand then back to my face before deciding to shake it but let go within a minute.

"I'm Jo Kwangmin." He laid down yet again, falling into deep slumber.

Then the boy beside me started to move. His head was tilted towards my direction but it was still glued to the desk. The cherryblossom which was in bloom made him twice as beautiful as it danced around with the wind. His eyes stared into mine for a few seconds before he opened his mouth to talk.

"Name's Kim Donghyun."

I smiled and nodded. "I'm No Minwoo." My heart was beating at least twice quicker. Why?

He had this incomprehensible frown on his face. His brows were knitted together and his eyes although sleepy, were questioning. He opened his mouth and was about to speak before he decided not to and shut it once again. Shrugging it off, he turned back to the direction of the warm glow and slept again.

My heart thumped even faster. 

The wind blew harder, and the cherryblossom rode it even quicker.

Did he realised?

-------------------

it was unexpectedly long even im surprised wow

hahahah

but hope you guys enjoyed it yay