The whole thing and I'm sorry

A Demon's Heart

To all the readers, subscribers and upvoters of this story, I’m sad to say this but I will be bringing you a bad news. I know it has been long since this fic has been updated and I do admit that it was my fault for neglecting it in favor of my other stories. It’s just that over time my interest for this fic has diminished and I’m sad to say this but I do not think I have what it takes to continue it. I know I promised that I will finish my stories but I’ve been trying for this one and the inspiration just hasn’t come. And it’s been more than a year.

So it’s sad to say but I will be discontinuing this fic. However, I think it’s unfair to keep you all hanging (although, I’m being unfair right now to those of you who still reads this) thus, allow me to make it up to you even just for a little.

I will tell all of you the vital things that were supposed to happen to this fanfic. It’s up to you if you want to read them or not J

Once again, I’m terribly sorry for those who were waiting for this update and as an apology, here are the events that were supposed to happen in the next chapters:

Recap:

So on the previous chapters, we had demon Jungkook hold a dead Jin in his arms, only to discover that his hyung was still somehow alive. Jungkook doubts Jin whether it’s really him or not, and it bothers him especially that he’s sensing a demon’s presence nearby. Still, he decides to put his trust on Jin.

Now for the supposed chapters, these are things that were supposed to happen:

-Things will continue to be the same, Jin is alive and Jungkook still trusts him. He hasn’t felt the demonic presence in a while so he soon decided to forget about it until a few days later, Jin “dies” again. However, he’s alive the next time Jungkook sees him and no one seemed to be bothered.

-It becomes a repetitive cycle where Jin dies and lives all over and over again until Jungkook has gotten used to it—not in a good way because “gotten used to it” meant became extremely mad and cautious. He comes to a point where his eyes barely leave Jin.

-Despite his close watch, Jin somehow still dies (e.g: accidents that Jungkook doubts are accidents—because if they had been accidents, he was certain that he could’ve stopped it. Thus, he deemed that there was a powerful entity behind it)

-The more Jin dies, the more the demonic presence Jungkook keeps sensing becomes closer until the presence sticks onto Jin for days before they fade away.

-It’s been bothering Jungkook and Shin takes notice so his hyung confronts him. Jungkook denies to tell Shin anything in fear that Shin might do something to Jin. He was still unsure about Jin’s identity but he loved him still that he feared that if Jin had been real this time, he didn’t want him to die, even if he never seemed to die.

-It takes Jin’s 27th apparent death that Jungkook finally catches something and he has a lead. A demon was messing with him and remember Shin’s warning to him when he killed several demons? Shin told him that he should be careful of who he kills because there might be people who cared about the victim and in return, might try to hurt him. He discovers that the demon he killed in the first chapter was the son of a dormant demon.

-That dormant demon was after his head and Jungkook treads carefully in the alleys, always careful for Jin by then.

-There will be chapters that includes Jungkook snooping around the other demon and discovers that he was the leader of some kind of cult. Somehow, Jungkook believed that he was strong enough to take on that cult and blindly charged into it only to be caught and defeated.

-He was put into a prison and was tortured however a few people came to rescue him, his Shin-hyung being one of them. Apparently, Shin had been very worried of him and noticed his strange behavior the past few days and he decided to add a little spell on Jungkook’s coffee the past few days so that Shin can track him wherever he was. When he hasn’t returned for a few days, Shin gathered some old friends to ask help in saving him.

-Jungkook was surprised because his Shin-hyung hasn’t fought for a very long while until the apparent death of his loved one. It is then that he discovers that his Shin hyung was once a very strong and feared demon and he was a part of this very strong group.

-But what shocked Jungkook the most was that one of the demons in his Shin-hyung’s group had the same presence/aura as the demon he feels whenever Jin comes back alive. He tries to ask Shin-hyung if he knew the owner of that presence and Shin’s face was confused. He was like, “what are you talking about?”

-Jungkook would point out that he feels the presence of about 10 people and that distinctive aura being the 10th, however Shin dismisses him that there’s only 9 people, Jungkook included, and that there’s no way there was someone else. He simply tells Jungkook that he was just tired and being delusional.

-When Jungkook returns, everything is back to normal and Jin hasn’t died for months.

-When December 4 happens, Jin’s birthday, his hyung dies again. But this time, he dies in front of everyone when there was a gunshot that came out of nowhere and hit Seokjin. Jungkook was angered but the problem was, there was no one armed in sight. Seokjin was rushed to the hospital and was announced dead. Jungkook lost his consciousness in utter surprise.

-The next day however, he’s surprised to find that Jin was alive and no one even remembered that he had died. Their friends only talk about how fun his hyung’s birthday was and that Jungkook passed out early because of alcohol and that was hard to believe because Jungkook had high tolerance.

-He senses the looming presence of the same demon around Seokjin once again.

-So many stuff happen in between—Jungkook being badass when fighting/killing but becoming a lovestruck puppy in front of Jin. But thins take a turn when Jin dies and this time, Jungkook doesn’t mourn for him. Instead, he doubts.

-he notices that whenever Jin dies, Jin is then revived on the place where he was before his scene of death (for example that Jin came from his home and left the house, was hit by a car and died in the hospital and while Jungkook cries for him there, he receives a call that Jin is still at home.) So basically he’s noticed the repeated cycle.

-So this time, whenever Jin dies, he doesn’t go for Jin’s corpse but instead, rushes to the place where his hyung last was.

-It take him several attempts but he finally catches the time where Jin is being revived and this is where the plot twist happens.

-The one who revives Jin is Taehyung. Our Tae is a demon and Jungkook fought him first. However, he was in for another shock because Taehyung explains himself.

-Taehyung is actually a demon who can manipulate time and he’s been reversing the time in Jin’s body over and over again as well as manipulating the memories of others so that they don’t remember Jin dying. When Jungkook asks him why he’s doing it, Taehyung drops the bomb by confessing that he’s actually from the future and that he was Jin and Jungkook’s son.

-He then reveals that Jin is actually as son of a god. Jin doesn’t remember it and he will kiss Jungkook in the near future and the love that forms between them will create Taehyung. Taehyung is not really a son in a way that Jin or Jungkook gave birth to him but in a way that the moment Jin and Jungkook became one, he was created out of their feelings. He’s the embodiment of an unforbidden love and in a way, he’s a product of Jin and Jungkook, thus their son.

-He also says that in the future, their love will cause trouble as it affects the balance between Heaven and Hell because Jin was actually a very high ranking god who fell onto Earth on his birth. His presence was needed above to stop the prophesized destruction of the world however, because of the sin that he’s committed by loving Jungkook, it was impossible for him to enter Heaven and that was why the gods in the future reversed time in order to prevent Jungkook and Jin from loving each other, thus their multiple attempts in killing Jin.

-Taehyung has been trying to save Jin and Jungkook this whole time by reviving Jin. He then reveals that Heaven has thought wrong because there was a way to stop destruction without having to force Jin into Heaven.

-Jungkook and Taehyung form some sort of alliance and they find ways to make this other way of salvation possible in which Jungkook would have the catalyst for the destruction. The prophecy stated that the one who brings destruction to the world is a person filled with hate and coveted of love—a very despicable person filled with despair.

-But not even Heaven knows who this person was which also makes it difficult for Tae and Jungkook who both tries to save Jin and look for the catalyst.

-At some point, Jin learns the truth and is in denial of him being a god and Jungkook being a demon with Taehyung as their (somehow) child.

-Although surprised, Jin aids to help them in their mission to find the catalyst.

-Tons of stuff happens and they almost gave up at some point. In the end, Taehyung takes drastic measures as he time travels into the future ahead of the future and witness the destruction of the world himself. He promised that he will only take a glimpse of the face of the catalyst so that at the very least, they’d have an idea as to who it was. He was extremely surprised to discover that the catalyst was none other than Jeon Jungkook.

Apparently, in the future, Heaven would give up trying to kill or prevent love between Jin and Jungkook in the past because Taehyung kept intervening. They decided to kill Jin in that timeline instead and Jungkook, out of despair from being coveted of his love’s life, goes into a rampage that ends the world.

-When Taehyung goes back into the present, he doesn’t fulfill his promise as he goes way back in time where Jin’s first death happened and he never revived him. He believed that it was the accumulation of bitterness in Jungkook’s heart that caused him to go mad.

It’s a very bad ending because, after Jin’s death, Jungkook commits suicide and with both Jin and Jungkook gone, Taehyung ceased to exist.

I know it’s a very bad plot and I’ve honestly lost confidence in it over time. I used to think it was very good but now, not so much. There’s a lot of missing things here and that’s because this story was built up in 2015 and I’ve forgotten the other things I’ve planned. I’m quite sure that there was more.

But there you have it. The plot basically.

Once again, I’m truly sorry for discontinuing this fic but maybe one day, I’ll be able to pick it up and revise it and improve it and change a little bit of the part to make it better. Thank you so much for those who have read, subscribed, commented and upvoted and sorry for failing you.

If you want to read another demon fic: I have another fic called Chains of Sin. I promise I’ll be a better author there where I would finish the story this time around.

It’s sad that I’m ending my first fanfic this way really.

—Chrysallion