Chapter 1: The Demon

A Demon's Heart

Heavy panting. Dark eyes darting from one corner to the other—wary of anything that might come out any moment. Sweat falling off as he hears nothing but his own breathing. It was quiet. Eerily silent. Deathly silence. His heart beats fast in both fear and anticipation.

He sensed nothing. Not a single presence near him—whether a demon’s or a human’s—but he was not stupid enough to think that he’s safe. He’s a prey to a hunter who’s concealing himself in the shadows. Anytime now, he could be killed. He’s vulnerable.

He instantly regretted the fact that he challenged the young demon to a fight. He thought he could handle him and prove the rumors wrong. He hoped he had been smarter. His thoughts were disrupted when he sensed a powerful presence—too powerful that he was nauseous and he had to hold himself back in order not to throw up.

But he couldn’t control himself from shivering. And before he could even realize it, he felt a sharp pain in his chest before everything went black.

So this is what death felt like.


“Remove those bloody clothes and wash yourself.” a young man with black hair and scolded the raven haired boy as he entered the door and removed his hood, “How many times do I have to tell you to be careful, Jungkook. What if our neighbors saw you?”

“They won’t see me, hyung. Don’t worry.” The boy named Jungkook shrugged as he casually removed his jacket and walked past the dark haired man, “It’s not like anyone’s awake at this hour, anyway. I’ve never been caught. And you know that I won’t be, Shin-hyung.”

“You never know what could happen.” The other replied with a sigh as he ran a hand through his dark locks, “Besides, what if other demons find you walking in your human form. You better—“

“I know how to conceal my own presence. You could’ve seen that demon’s expression today before I killed him. “Jungkook said as he smirked at his hyung “His eyes were so wide and the fear he had in them was so sweet.”

“You’re overdoing it.” Shin shook his head disapprovingly, “You shouldn’t kill so much.”

“But why? Isn’t this how it’s supposed to be? It’s either we kill or die. We need to kill other demons so we could extend our lives, you know?” Jungkook said, “You’re the one who taught me that.”

“That’s not it, Jungkook. You’ve been killing a lot lately. I told you that one kill is enough to suffice you almost a year.” Shin argued, “The thing here is, the demons you have killed could’ve had a friend, a family or a lover. What if they start seeking revenge on you?”

“I can take them on.” Jungkook said stubbornly, “I’m strong enough. Have you heard all the rumors about me? They all fear me.”

“But what would you do if you meet someone stronger than you?” Shin shook his head, “You need to control your bloodlust and think straight—“

“No, hyung. It’s you who needs to think. We’re demons, hyung. This is how we live—to kill or to be killed. If I want to live longer—I must get stronger. Therefore I have to keep killing in order to be so.” Jungkook spat back before he closed his eyes to calm himself. He hated fighting with his hyung, “I’m going to take a shower.”

Shin stared at the direction where Jungkook has left and let out a sigh. He sat down the sofa and grabbed for the remote. He started pressing the buttons on the remote to find something interesting that could help him calm down and forget the argument just a few moments ago.

When he decided that he couldn’t find anything interesting, Shin sighed and stood up to get himself coffee from the kitchen. When he went there though, he was surprised to see a cup of coffee prepared there and he just smiled.

That kid. If he wanted to apologize, he could’ve just said so. Shin shook his head as he took a sip from the black coffee and hummed in satisfaction, but then it’s his own way so I guess it’s alright.

Shin walked in the living room with a cup of coffee in hand and sat on the sofa. He took out the book and opened it to the bookmarked page, searching for the last sentence he had read before continuing to read it. Shin was completely engrossed in his book until a certain news caught his attention and he looked up to the T.V news report.

Five bodies found dead

Shin sighed, the news considered it as a murder and the police are trying to find out who it is but to no avail. It’s not like they could find out anyway. But I have to tell Jungkook to be more careful.

“Hyung.”

Speak of the devil, Shin shifted from his sit to grab the remote and turned the T.V off. He then truned to Jungkook and waited for him to start speaking.

“About what you said.” The boy looked away, “I’m sorry. I’ll try refraining myself next time.”

“That’s good.” Shin smiled and he patted the sit next to him. Jungkook slowly approached and sat next to him.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

“It’s alright.” Shin said, “We’ve been together for long, it’s almost like we’re brothers. I just don’t want you to regret anything.”

Jungkook looked at him questioningly and Shin sighed, “Nothing is permanent, kid. No matter how strong you are right now, time will come when you’ll be facing difficulties.”

There was silence between them as Jungkook thoguth over and over again about what Shin had just said. There was nothing to disturb the silence except for the clock ticking and Shin occasionally sipping his coffee.

A sigh was heard and there was a shift when Shin moved to open his laptop and started browsing the net. A few moments later, Jungkook took his phone out and saw a lot of entries in a group message he had with his friends. He sighed as he opened them to read everything.


Jimin: So are you guys available tomorrow?

Hoseok: Of course! What time? :DD

Jimin: We leave at eight o’clock. Deal?

Taehyung: Weeeeeee!!

Taehyung: We’re going to the amusement park!!!!! XD

Namjoon: I have to go to a meeting tomorrow at eight.

Taehyung: But why!!!

Hoseok: No way!! You didn’t say

Jimin: But it’s supposed to be a weekend. Why are you always busy?

Namjoon: but I’m free after ten.

Namjoon: SO how about ten?

Namjoon: @Jimin well I’m the Student council president

Yoongi: This is annoying, you guys are so noisy.

Yoongi: I’m trying to sleep here.

Yoongi: Do you guys have any idea what time it is?

Yoongi: It’s a ing quarter to one, darn it!

Seokjin: Don’t cuss, Yoongi.

Seokjin: and you guys should rest. You’ll need the energy tomorrow.

Taehyung: Okay MOM

Seokjin: =.=

Jimin: Jungkooooooook

Jimin: Why aren’t you saying anything??

Jimin: Are you ignoring us?

Jimin: T^T

Taehyung: maybe he’s not coming with us L

Jimin: Nooooo

Seokjin: Maybe he’s asleep.

Seokjin: You guys should be too.

Jimin: But KOOOOKIIIEEE

Seokjin: I’m sure he’ll be there tomorrow

Seokjin: Good night

Jimin: Gooood night hyung

Taahyung: Good night Jinnie

Hoseok: Good night guys!

Namjoon: Good night

Jimin: See ya tomorrow!

Taehyung: ya’ll better come :D

Yoongi: Finally


Jungkook sighed as he read the message. He glanced at the time in his phone and saw that it was three A.M. He stood from his seat and turned to Shin, “Hyung, I’m going to sleep now. I’m going out with my friends tomo—later.”

Shin nodded, eyes not leaving the screen as he scrolled down his laptop, “Yeah. Sleep well.”

When Jungkook entered his room, he let out a sigh. He laid on his bed and took out his phone. He opened his photos and smiled at the album where his selcas were. He wasn’t vain but he loved to see the pictures he had with his friends—especially with his Seokjin-hyung. Jungkook felt his heart beat at the thought of his hyung and he smiled.

He turned off his phone and laid on his bed. He was excited for tomorrow. He would be spending his day with his friends and of course, Seokjin-hyung. Jungkook smiled as he slept that night.


Hello! This is my first fanfic here and I’m not sure with it >.< But thank you for those who subscribed and commented thus far :D Excuse the grammar and all :> This was made in a haste cause I;m supposed to be studying right now. But I may or may not be uploading a longer chapter next time. It just depends whether I have a free time or not. Geez, I had to edit this so many times. I don't know how to use this +.+ first I hid the chapter then next, Ihad deleted the chaptet Dx then when I posted it again, I had labeled it complete. -_- 

(By the way, the hyung that Jungkook speaked with is Shin from Cross Gene :) Both him and Jungkook are demons )

Thank you <3

-Chrysallion