Chapter 2: Amusement Park

A Demon's Heart

I decided to write the chapter while I had the free time. Please enjoy. Oh and just a warning, the last part of the story might be a bit brutal. :) Other than that, there's nothing much. Anyways, Jin's cute personality during the haunted house in this chapter was inspired by that one interview where Jin said that he feared bugs and ghosts and that he would faint if they were to make an episode or special that's horror.


Jungkook glanced at the clock as he finished fixing his hair. He decided to go all black except for his shoes. A black shirt, black pants, black beanie and a brown shoes. It was 9:45 A.M. He texted Jimin earlier that he was coming and the boy was ecstatic. He told Jungkook that they would pick him up at around ten with Seokjin’s car.

Seokjin-hyung’s car, Jungkook smiled. I wonder if he replaced those pink car seat cushions and those Mario key chains.

Then they’d pick Namjoon from school, have lunch then go to the amusement park. Jungkook decided that he was fine so he took his wallet, phone and earphones and went out of the room.

“You’re leaving?” Shin’s eyes left the screen as he looked at Jungkook and raised an eyebrow, “what’s with the gothic look?”

“Just because I’m wearing black doesn’t mean I’m Goth.” Jungkook rolled his eyes before he shrugged, “Jimin texted me. He said that they’ll pick me up so I’ll just wait here.”

“Oh, is that so?” Shin said before he diverted his attention back to his laptop. Jungkook sat on the sofa and opened his phone to check if he received any messages—there was one from Hoseok who informed him that it was a little traffic so he had to wait longer and another from Taehyung who complained that he hated the traffic because it was boring in the car.

“Jungkook.” Shin caught Jungkook’s attention and he placed his phone back inside his pocket. He made a mental note to text back later.

“Yes?”

“There might be demons lurking in the amusement park.” Shin gave Jungkook a worried look, “As much as possible, I want you to avoid fighting or killing anyone to—“

“I won’t, hyung.” Jungkook cut him off, “I’m not going to kill anyone in broad daylight and especially when I’m with my friends. I can’t risk anyone finding out.”

“I’m not only referring this morning.” Shin said, “I don’t want you to kill anyone tonight or tomorrow or the next week. As much as possible, I want you to avoid fighting unless necessary. Do you understand?”

Jungkook went silent for a moment before he sighed, “I don’t really understand why you’re asking me to stop when it’s only natural but if you say so, hyung. I won’t fight nor kill anyone today.”

“Do you promise?”

A sigh. “I promise.”

Shin just gave Jungkook a smile before he returned to typing in his laptop and Jungkook went back to texting. They spent their time in silence until they could hear the car honking outside. Jungkook bid farewell and Shin gave him a “See you later and come back before ten or else.”

Even though they’re not related. Shin was like a family to Jungkook. They’ve been together for as long as they could remember. Shin was the one who raised Jungkook since that night. He was the one who made Jungkook stronger, unlike the weak scrawny kid he was before.

Shin taught him how to fight, to protect himself and to kill. He wouldn’t be as strong as he is right now if it wasn’t for his hyung. That’s why he didn’t understand when one day, his hyung came home bathed in blood and tears, and suddenly stopped fighting. He only killed once in a blue moon in order to extend his life but after that, he won’t do anything. It really baffled Jungkook when Shin told him to stop killing when it was Shin himself who told him that it was either to kill or to be killed.

Jungkook shook his head out of his thoughts and he nodded at his hyung before going out of the door. When Jungkook was out of sight, Shin sighed.

“I don’t want you to experience what I have experienced, Jungkook.” Shin muttered to himself, “I don’t want you to feel the same way I did. It just scares me when you’re doing the same mistake I was making.”


They drive went well. There was no traffic this time but Jungkook was a bit sour at the fact that Taehyung was the one taking the front seat—he wanted to be with his Seokjin-hyung! But he didn’t say or show anything and he sat in between a talkative Jimin and a sleeping Yoongi. But he enjoyed Jimin’s company so he didn’t mind. They went to Namjoon and had to wait because his meeting was longer than expected.

Namjoon showed up half an hour later with an awkward grin and apologized the gang but they forgave him—after he promised to pay for lunch. They ended up eating on a small restaurant and Namjoon paled when he saw the amount that his friends ordered. However, Seokjin and Jimin pitied him so they offered to help pay. Seeing that Seokjin offered an amount, Jungkook took out his wallet and donated some of his money. Everyone was surprised but Jungkook shrugged it off, saying that he pitied his Namjoon-hyung. In the end, they all decided to share the payment.

As they left the restaurant, Jungkook made sure that he gets in the car earlier than anyone so he could take the front seat and be beside Seokjin.

“Jimin won’t let me seat near the window.” Jungkook said as an excuse to Seokjin, “And I prefer being here because so I can get a better view of what’s ahead us.” And I could look at you

Jungkook had one piece of the earphone in one ear as he listened to music while he left the other open.  He could hear the slight bickering and seldom laughter from behind. Seokjin said that the shortcut headed to the amusement park was blocked so he had to take another route and it might take longer but promised that it won’t reach an hour.

 Jungkook didn’t mind as he took his time to stare at his hyung’s profile. He observes his hyung’s outfit which was a white shirt with huge ‘23’ print and a smaller font of ‘JOYRICH’ above it. He wore black pants and shoes with identical color. His eyes go back to his hyung’s face—staring at his dark hair to those gorgeous eyes and his nose. Jungkook bit his lips as he dared himself to gaze at Seokjin’s plump lips. Gulping, Jungkook diverted his eyes back to the road.

He needed to calm himself before things get awkward. Jungkook let out a sigh.

“Jungkook,” Seokjin suddenly spoke, “Is there something wrong? You sound like you have a problem.”

“What? N-no, it’s nothing, hyung.” Jungkook stuttered for a bit and looked away, “I was just thinking.”

“Hm? What were you thinking about? Is it something that hyung can help you with?” Seokjin asked, eyes not leaving the rode as he drove steadily. “If it’s your studies, I can ask Namjoon—“

“It’s nothing, hyung.” Jungkook pouted. He hated being seen as a child and unfortunately for him, his object of affection seem to see him as one. “It’s something I’d rather not share.”

Seokjin gave a glance to Jungkook who was staring on the window. He shrugged and decided to give Jungkook privacy. If Jungkook didn’t want to say anything, he’ll respect that. “Alright. But if ever you want to talk about it, I’d be happy to listen and help you.” Jungkook truned to look at Seokjin who flashed a smile at Jungkook. The raven haired boy looked away immediately.

Why are you doing this to me, hyung?

The ride became uneventful after that, there was whining and laughter coming from the back but Jungkook just ignored them as he listened to BigBang’s Sober through his phone. When Jungkook was on the first chorus of BAP’s One Shot, the car suddenly stopped.

“Yes! Finally!” Taehyung screamed from behind and was quick to get out of the car followed by Jimin who was smiling nervously. Jungkook sighed as he removed the earpiece and when he glanced at Seokjin, his hyung gave him a gentle smile that he had to stare for a second longer before replying with a grin.

Satisfied with his donsaeng’s reaction, Seokjin removed the ignition key. Jungkook took a moment to stare at Seokjin before he gulped and looked away. He turned to open the door, went out of the car and stretched out his limbs.

He turned his head and saw Taehyung gaping at the roller coaster and the screams of excitement and fear of the people riding it. Behind him was Jimin patting a pale Hoseok while giving him a sympathetic smile. Yoongi didn’t look too happy but he didn’t looked pissed so Jungkook considered that he was good while Namjoon was on his phone.  

“So are we going to just stand here or are we going in?” Seokjin asked, looking amused before he he saw Hoseok and approached him with a worried look, “Are you okay, Hoseok?”

“Y-yeah…” Hoseok nodded stiffly and gave Seokjin a nervous grin, “L-let’s go!” Hoseok pumped his fist awkwardly up in the air. Seokjin gave a sigh as he and Jimin patted Hoseok’s shoulders.

“Let’s go ride the roller coaster!” Taehyung ran and Jimin called out, “Hey! Wait!”


After paying, they entered the amusement park and Taehyung looked at it in awe. His eyes darted from the food stands to the roller coaster to the different rides.

“There! There!” Taehyung pointed as he ran and randomly pulled someone which was poor Hoseok. “Let’s ride that! And then that next! Oh and that too! Then that and then that and that!”

“I swear that he’s a five year old.” Seokjin shook his head but looked amused. “Let’s go after them.”

“Yeah, before Taehyung kills Hoseok-hyung.” Jimin chuckles as he walks towards Taehyung who was waving at them and lining for the Pendulum ride. Jimin gulped, “Are we really going to start with that?”

Yoongi shrugged as he and Namjoon walked towards the rides, Jimin followed shortly. Seokjin chuckled before he turned to Jungkook, “Aren’t you coming, Jungkook-ah?” Seokjin paused when he saw the grim look on Jungkook’s face, “Are you okay?”

Jungkook blinked as he snapped out of it. He moved too quickly and without a thought, he took his hyung’s hands and dragged him towards Taehyung and the others. Seokjin was baffled by the maknae’s sudden actions but he didn’t do anything to stop him. He just followed Jungkook, wondering what was wrong.

. I didn’t expect that. Jungkook thought as he walked faster. He sensed the presence of a demon, but he didn’t know where. The amusement park were filled with people, the demon could be in a crowd and who knows if they might do something up to no good. He knew that there’s less possibility of a demon to attack especially at this time but he didn’t want to risk anything. I don’t know if this demon would kill anyone but I have to make sure. Seokjin-hyung and the others are here. I must watch out for them.

It’s a good thing that Jungkook knew how to conceal his demonic presence—other demons wouldn’t notice him.

As soon as he stood beside Jimin, he never realized that he was holding his hyung’s hand until said hyung called his attention. Jungkook blushed and pulled away his hand and muttered a quick apology.

Seokjin looked like he wanted to ask something but was stopped when they reached the counter and payed for the ticket. He soon forgot his question as they were on the ride.

Seokjin never got to ask Jungkook if he was alright as they were continuously ventured from one  ride to another due to an energetic Taehyung. Jimin looked like he was staring to enjoy himself, Namjoon was off his phone, Yoongi had a smile on his face, Hoseok retreated to seat on a small café, Seokjin was giggling excitedly before he agreed to accompany Hoseok, and Jungkook just followed Seokjin closely as he scanned the crowd. But as time passed, Jungkook let himself loosen up and started enjoying with the others.  

“Are you thirsty?” Seokjin asked Hoseok, “Should I get you anything?”

“W-water please.” Hoseok said.

“Alright.” Seokjin smiled before he turned to Jungkook, “And you?”

“It’s okay.” Jungkook smiled. He decided that maybe this demon wasn’t planning anything so he didn’t have to be on guard. Jungkook just stared at his hyung who walked away to buy Hoseok’s water and knowing Seokjin, he’d probably buy something for himself as well.

Jungkook let out a sigh as he felt relaxed. That’s when it finally hit his senses. Jungkook’s eyes widened as he knew what this meant. Demon’s senses were better than that of a human’s. And Jungkook has been long enough to know what he sensed.

Death

“Hey Kookie! Hoseok-hyung! Where’s Seokjin-hyung?” Jimin approached them while holding an ice cream.

Jungkook stood abruptly, surprising both Jimin and Hoseok. He ignored Jimin’s question and he walked fast-paced looking for the source. There was no doubt that this death was caused by a demon. He just knew it.

For the demon to kill at this time of the day. What kind of demon is he? Jungkook thought, it seems that there wasn’t any ruckus going on so he figured that it wasn’t an obvious killing. The thought of this demon using blades or other offensive prowess was out of the question. Is this demon using invincibility? How many has he killed so far?

Then it suddenly hit him. His senses picked up two more who died. He senses one about to give in towards the comfort room and he ran to it.

When he entered he saw a man crouching on the sink, looking pale. He stared at the man who reached out to him before his eyes rolled back and he fell limp.

There’s no demon in sight. Jungkook thought as he stared at the man, he started thinking of the situation when a sudden thought passed, Could it be…


“There are several ways to kill, Jungkook.” Shin told Jungkook as he sat on the table, watching his hyung preparing the tea. “Stabbing is a common way, shooting them and the like.”

Jungkook nodded as he took note.

“But then there are other ways to kill without spilling blood.” Shin looked at Jungkook who looked confused. Shin smiled before he poured tea and offered a cup to Jungkook. “For example…”

Jungkook took a sip from his cup of tea and stared at his hyung. Jungkook felt something weird from the tea and he stared at it before his eyes widened. He stood up too quickly and vomited on the sink.

“How about slipping a poison on your target’s drink?” Shin said as he took a sip off his cup of tea, “Your victim won’t know before it’s too late.  You don’t have to deal with your enemy struggling so it’s quite convenient. It’s a quiet death.”

Jungkook started coughing up before he sent a glare to his hyung, his eyes started to swirl and he held onto the counter in order not to fall to the ground.

“Take note that there are demons who can produce their natural poison like I could. The poison actually depends on the demon’s strength.” Shin said, “If the target is strong enough, he could survive the poison.”

“Don’t worry. That poison won’t kill you. It’s not like I intended to kill you. But it’s just enough to make you dizzy. Shin said as he looked at the struggling Jungkook, “Take it as a punishment for not noticing. Remember what I taught you, Jungkook. Always be alert.”

“This way of killing…” Jungkook coughed up, “it’s cowardice.”

“But as long as you’ve killed, it doesn’t matter. That soul will be offered to you.” Shin said, “At this rate, it doesn’t even matter. As long as you can kill, whatever method you use doesn’t matter.”


He takes advantage of his exceptional senses to locate Seokjin. He finds his hyung in front of a stand selling beverages. He was talking with an old man with a kind smile. That smile could fool anyone but Jungkook knew better. The old man reeked of a demon’s scent.

“Seokjin-hyung.” Jungkook said as he stood beside Seokjin.

Seokjin turned and looked surprised, “Jungkook-ah? Since when were you there? How about Hoseok?”

“Jimin is with Hoseok-hyung.” Jungkook replied as he stared at the old man who gave him a smile. It looks like this demon couldn’t sense the demon in Jungkook. It was concealed very well. Jungkook had to hold back the urge to transform into a demon and tear this demon into pieces.

“That’s Jimin-hyung for you, Kookie.” Seokjin said with an amused tone before shaking his head. He took the ordered beverage from the old man and gave him a gentle smile and a thank you. Before Seokjin could take a sip, Jungkook stole it from his hands and took a sip.

He scrunched his face in disgust and threw the drink on the trash. Jungkook resisted the urge to smirk at the shocked look on the old man. But Seokjin looked scandalized.

“Jungkook, what were you doing?” Seokjin asked before he bowed to the old man, “I’m sorry for this kid’s rudeness.”

Jungkook drowned out Seokjin’s voice as he focused on the sweet taste that left his tongue. He barely noticed that Seokjin had pulled him away and he was being dragged by his hyung who was obviously angry.

His poison is weak compared to Shin-hyung’s. This won’t do anything to me at all. But if it were Seokjin-hyung…  Jungkook thought. He turned his head towards the demon and sent him a glare that held so much malice, that old er almost killed Hyung.

“What were you thinking, Jungkook?” Seokjin asked him, “That was rude. And if you didn’t like the drink, you could’ve just gave it to me. You didn’t have to throw it in front of the poor old man.”

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Jungkook said, clearly not sincere about it.

“It’s just—I mean you just—I can’t even—“ Seokjin sighed. He really hated to be angry, Jungkook suddenly felt guilty for frustrating his hyung.

“I’m sorry for upsetting you, hyung.” Jungkook said with regret this time. Seokjin just sighed, “Im sorry for yelling too.”

“But you have to promise me one thing.” Seokjin said, “You have to go and talk to the old man. Apologize to him.”

“I promise, hyung. I will talk to him.” Jungkook said and when Seokjin smiled at him, he replied with a smile.

“Let’s go get that water for Hoseok and go back, okay?”

Jungkook nodded at his hyung. When Seokjin’s back was facing him, his eyes turned red for a moment and there was bloodlust in them with a mix of anger, I promise that I’ll talk to him, hyung.


Hoseok gulped down the drink. He wanted to go home while Taehyung still wanted to try out many others. After a while, they decided to venture one last time before going home. Taehyung looked happy while Hoseok begrudgingly agreed.  Seokjin felt bad for Hoseok but this was the last for today.

But this time, Seokjin’s face turned pale. “T-Taehyung? Are you sure? Don’t you want to go anywhere else?”

“Nope! I’d like to go here!” Taehyung grinned. Seokjin gave a sigh of defeat and gulped as he stared the haunted house in front of him.

Of all places that Taehyung had to choose, it had to be something Seokjin really hated.

When they entered the Hanuted house, Hoseok immediately gripped Jimin who gripped Yoongi who looked annoyed but let the other be. Namjoon comforted them, saying that everything wqould be alright but the accidentally bumped on something in the dark.

“Sorry.” Namjoon turned but he only got a white faced lady to face him with blood dripping from the sides of her face. Namjoon blinked at it before he could hear Hoseok and Jimin jump in surprise and screamed. Taehyung grinned his rectangle smile before he screamed along with them, thinking that it would be fun.

“Hey guys! Calm down!” Namjoon called out before he muttered, “it’s obviously just a costume.”

“I shouldn’t have agreed to get in here.” Yoongi muttered as he touched the props, “This is stupid. Hey, Jungkook, Hyung—“

Yoongi stopped when he turned and saw his usually calm and composed hyung shivering and hugging a stiff maknae like a koala.

“H-hyung.” Yoongi couldn’t believe his eyes, “Don’t tell me you’re scared?”

Seokjin stopped shivering and pulled away when he realized that he buried his face on Jungkook’s chest. “S-sorry.” He turned to Yoongi with a stiff smile, “W-what? No, of course not. I was just cold.”

Yoongi looked unconvinced but he just shrugged. “Let’s just move and get out of this place.”

“Hyung?” Asked Jungkook as he stared at his hyung who’s still gripping his arm.

“L-let’s just stay like this, okay, Kookie? So that we won’t get separated.” Seokjin asked Jungkook while trying to keep a brave face, “I’m your hyung so I have to make sure that you won’t get lost. “

“Okay…” Jungkook knew that his hyung was just scared but he decided to go along with it. This could be an excuse to be closer to his hyung! His eyes traveled from his hyung to the scary face behind his hyung. He tightened his grip on his hyung and tugged him forward, “Don’t look behind you, hyung.”

“W-why?” Seokjin paled, “I-is there something behind m-me?’

“Just don’t.” Jungkook muttered. He knows that his hyung might faint if he sees it. Jungkook wasn’t really scared of this. He loved horror movies and on top of that, he’s a demon! He let his hyung hold onto his arm, ignoring the fact that it was going numb from his hyung’s strong grip.

They followed Yoongi and Namjoon who were walking forward. Seokjin would occasionally hug Jungkook closer or sometimes bury him face on Jungkook. Jungkook had to control himself when he could feel his hyung’s breathing on his neck. Jungkook has lost count on how many times he bit his lips and gulped.

Seokjin would come up with lame excuses to cover the fact that he was scared. Jungkook just decided to play along. Namjoon would often laugh and tease his hyung while Yoongi didn’t care for most of the time but would let out a chuckle when he hears his hyung scream along with Hoseok and Jimin.

Jungkook can’t help but laugh out when a scream coming from a gruesome doll caused Hoseok to scream along with Taehyung who was just making noise for fun and Jimin had his eyes closed most of the time so he didn’t see anything. Seokjin had let out a shriek when a fake spider landed on his nose.

By the time they went out, the three breathed out a sigh of relief while the rest were trying to stop themselves from giggling.

“I’m never going in there ever again.” Seokjin gasped.

This lead the rest to just laugh at their pale hyung.


“Are you sure that you won’t ride with us, Jungkook?” Seokjin asked as turned the car engine on.

Jungkook shook his head, “It’s okay hyung. I’ll go home on my own.”

“Take care.” Seokjin smiled before he closed the car window and moved. Jungkook waved at Jimin and Taehyung who were waving with their head out of the car window.  Jungkook laughed when they stopped and closed the window. Seokjin must’ve had scolded them.

By the time the car was out of sight, Jungkook’s smile fell off his face and he stared at the amusement park that was closing. He scanned the crowed as they went out of the exit.

I made a promise to Seokjin-hyung.

When it the sky turned darker, Jungkook stalks a figure towards an old man with a blank expression. The old man tried to ignore Jungkook, thinking he would leave but he didn’t. Jungkook’s heart started to beat in anticipation and his eyes dilate. He can’t wait to see that man’s blood on his hands.

“What do you want, boy?” the old man turned with that sweet smile on his face. It was too sweet that Jungkook wanted to rip it off.

“I’d like to speak with you.” Jungkook said in a low voice, “Can we go somewhere isolated?”

Jungkook saw a look of bloodlust pass through the demon’s face beforeit returned to the kind and smiling façade. Jungkook resisted the urge to stab the man. Not yet. He can’t risk it here where people could see.

We’re all the same. Jungkook thinks as he follows the old man lead him to a dark alley, we jump at the chance to kill.

“What do you want to talk about, boy?” The old man turned to him with that obnoxious smile again. Jungkook didn’t reply for a long time and there was only silence between them. Jungkook could feel the other demon tremble.

“You don’t have to hold back.” Jungkook spoke as he stared at the trembling hand, “You want to kill me?”

Jungkook smirked at the look of surprise that adorned the man’s face before realization hit him. “Y-you’re a demon too?” as if almost immediately, the old man before him morphed into a gruesome form with fangs, skin with the color of coal, bat-like wings sprouting from his back. His body enlarged and he looked like a half-human, half-wolf with bat-like wings.

“So that’s your true form, huh?” Jungkook smirked as he stepped forward, eyes now as red as blood. He watched as the demon moved to attack him, but Jungkook couldn’t have any of that. He looked amused as he heard the demon cry out in pain.

The demon was surprised when his right arm was cut off of him. He didn’t know when that attack came but before he could react, his left leg was ripped off of him and his wings were slashed repeatedly and he was in unbearable pain. He was bathed in his own blood and he looked at the red eyed boy in front of him.

He was baffled when the boy was still in his human form except for his eyes. He shivered and begged, “P-please! Please, no! I’d do anything! Just please spare me!”

“Today,” Jungkook said as he glared at the pitiful demon below him, “you almost killed someone precious to me.”

“I-I’m sorry.” The demon begged, ‘I-I promise that—“

“What if I was too late?” Jungkook asked, “He would’ve been dead before me. Do you understand that?”

“I-I”

“Do you really expect me to forgive you?” Jungkook asked before he smirked, “Have you forgotten what we are? What kind of demon begs another for mercy?”

“Please! I’m sorry! I promise that I won’t do it again! I’ll avoid—“

“You’re ing annoying.” Jungkook cussed out before he said, “I’ll give you five seconds to escape before I change my mind. Get the hell out of my sight.”

“One.”

The demon used his remaining arm to drag himself far from Jungkook.

“Two.”

He shrieked in pain when he tried to move his broken wings

“Three.”

The demon panicked and tried to move as far as he could from Jungkook.

“Four.”

The demon attempted to stand up from with his one leg left but fell down on his face

Five

“Goodbye.” Jungkook said as the pitiful demon seized moving, “See you in hell.”

Jungkook kept quiet as he stared at the gruesome scene before him. He sighed and turned to leave when he suddenly caught a glimpse of red eyes from the corner. Jungkook turned abruptly to scan the area but he looked around but he saw no one. His senses told him that he was the only one in the area.

Was it just my imagination? Jungkook asked himself but his line of thoughts were disturbed by a phone call.

“Hello?” he answered the phone.

“Jungkook! You promised me you won’t kill anyone today. Is this your work?”

“Wah! Shin-hyung? What—how—“

“It’s on the news! Six bodies were found dead in the amusement park! Did you just kill—“

“I didn’t,  hyung. You know that I don’t like using poison to kill my enemies.”

“Yeah, you’re—how did you know that they were poisoned?”

“I was there hyung. Another demon did it.” Jungkook said. He wasn’t lying. It really wasn’t him.

“Another demon? Don’t tell me you got into a fight?”

“No I didn’t hyung.” Jungkook lied smoothly, “I’m going back now. See? I promised not to kill anyone tonight.”

“Fine. Just drag your back here!”

The phone call stopped and Jungkook stared at the phone before he sighed.

I’m sorry, Shin-hyung. I can’t stop myself and I won’t.  


There :> I'm sorry if the chapter was disappointing but if you enjoyed it then I'm glad :D By the way, in case i was unable to describe it properly... here are Jungkook's and Jin's outfits in this chappy

Jungkook:

 Jin: (minus the hair-- his hair will stay black)

 

thanks for subscribing, for commenting and for reading <3