Chapter 4:Search

A Demon's Heart

“You mean Seokjin-hyung never went home?” Jungkook stood up abruptly and Shin held him before he could fall. They were currently in the house that Jimin and Jin shared. Shin didn’t want him to leave the house in his condition, but Jungkook was persistent so he ended up coming with Jungkook. “Let me go, hyung! We should look for Seo—“

“Sit down, Jungkook! You’re not feeling well.” Shin said sternly, “You’re supposed to be in bed right now. You just skipped school for that reason so—”

“But I can’t just stay still when Seokjin-hyung is nowhere to be found.” Jungkook argued, ignoring the pain in his head, “Who knows what could be happening to hi—“

“Don’t jump to conclusions.” Shin said before he turned to Jimin, “Maybe he decided to go somewhere else. Maybe he came here and you just didn’t notice.”

“There are times when hyung comes home at a late hour so I’d just leave the door unlocked so that hyung can just lock it when he comes home, but the door was still unlocked when I woke up this morning.” Jimin shook his head and then he looked away, worried, “I forgot to wash the dishes last night and hyung would usually scold me or something when he comes back. But when I woke up this morning, his car wasn’t parked outside, the dishes were left untouched! Hyung would never leave those there no matter how angry he is. And he also didn’t leave sticky notes or breakfast like he usually would.”

“Maybe he was in a hurry.” Shin said, “Or he decided to stay in someone else’s house for the night?”

“Hyung doesn’t just decide to stay in someone else’s house on a whim.” Jimin said, “And he would notify me if ever he would. And that’s one more thing, I can’t contact him.”

“Maybe his phone went off.”

“I’ll find him.” Jungkook stood up and pushed Shin away went he held him back, “I’m not just going to stay here and listen to you talk about maybe this and that or what. I’m going to ing find him.”

Shin sighed before he went to Jungkook and helped him balance himself, “Fine but I’m coming with you.” He half-glared at Jungkook and said, “I don’t want you to do something stupid.” He turned to Jimin, “Shouldn’t you be at school right now, kid?”

Jimin shook his head and stood up, grabbing his phone, “I’m going with you to find Jin-hyung.”

“Fine.” Shin said as he adjusted himself and went to Jungkook to help him stand but he was pushed aside.

“I can stand hyung.” Jungkook said stubbornly, despite the fact that he looked like he could collapse anytime. ”More importantly, we should go find Seokjin-hyung now.”

Shin sighed before he nodded, “Let me get the car.” And he had an eye contact with Jimin before Jimin came forward to stand near Jungkook in case he’ll fall.

When Shin went out, Jimin faced Jungkook, “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” Jungkook closed his eyes and raised his head in an attempt to think the pain away. “We should worry more about finding hyung.” Jungkook gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. He was the last person with Seokjin and if anything happened to his hyung, he’d never forgive himself.

“But what if—“ Jimin hesitated. He shook his head as he tried to forget the thought. He didn’t like it.

“What? What are you trying to say, hyung?” The fact that Jungkook was calling him hyung meant that he was serious.

“No, it won’t happen. Don’t mind me.”

“Tell me hyung.”

“It’s just... There’s been a lot of killings these days right? What if Seokjin-hyung was—“ Jimin stopped and brought his hand to cover his mouth. He couldn’t say it. Just the thought of it made him want to puke.

 Jungkook grimaced and his heart started to beat faster than it already was. He didn’t want to believe it but the possibility was high. Jungkook clenched his fists to the point that his wounds from last night started to bleed, staining the bandages on his fists.

It’s my fault.

“Jungkook? Jungkook, you’re bleeding!” Jimin was surpised as he grabbed Jungkook’s hand. The raven haired pulled away and head towards the door, “Let’s go! I don’t want to wait here. We need to find hyung.”


Jungkook felt like his heart would burst at any moment. He, along with Jimin and his Shin-hyung, spent the day looking for Seokjin. While it wasn’t that easy to find one person in a city such as Seoul, it made him even more nervous that he even suggested that they split up. Shin didn’t want to leave him but he insisted that he can go look for Seokjin by himself while the other two can look on other places. While it was true that he still felt weak, he at least was strong enough by now to stand on his own and not get nauseous.

His strength was slowly coming back but he knew that if he was to be engaged in a fight now, he’d be dead in a blink of an eye. Thus, he assured his hyung that he won’t be involved in a fight and will do his best to avoid one. Jimin suggested that they contact the others but they were either busy on school so they probably couldn’t answer the phone calls or they just can’t contact them at all.

After the idea of splitting was finally agreed among the three, they went on different directions. Jungkook searched aimlessly for Seokjin in every corner. His heart throbbed and his head was staring to hurt again as different worst case scenarios went in his mind but he pushed it back and tried to erase them.

Approximately an hour later, he received a phone call from Namjoon and text messages from Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok respectively, stating that they were informed by Jimin and that they’ll help looking for Seokjin. That was when Jungkook finally noticed that it’s already a quarter to six. If he can’t find Seokjin for a few hours more, his hyung would be considered missing for 24 hours by then. He was, after all, last seen at eight last night.

While that would mean that they could ask help from the police, Jungkook admittedly hated that idea. Because the police isn’t exactly going to be helpful. Especially when it’s filled with demons like him. Hisd thoughts were disturbed however when his phone ringed. He took his phone out to answer the phone, but he didn’t stop running to look for his hyung.

“Hello?” Jungkook was panting as he answered.

“Jungkook.” It was Taehyung and he continued, “We should just call the police.”

If this was a normal situation, Jungkook would’ve teased his hyung for this rare moment that he’s serious. But this was not a normal situation and Jungkook is too scared for that, especially when he knows nothing of Seokjin’s whereabouts.

“They won’t do anything to help.” Jungkook replied, gritting his teeth as he accidentally collides with a young woman, leading her to fall. On normal situations, he would’ve apologized and helped her up but right now, to hell with it. He continued to run forward looking for his hyung without sparing a second glance.

“But the police might consider it. After all, the killings—“

“They won’t.” the raven haired boy didn’t let Taehyung finish. He stopped for a moment as he heisted on whether he should search in the alleys or if he should look on the plaza. “They’re s.”

“Come on, Jungkook. They might take in consideration that there are crimes going on. I won’t hurt to try.” Taehyung tried to convince him in the other line, “You’ve got to admit it but it’s impossible to look for Seokjin-hyung like this.”

“Well if you want to give up then just say so!” Jungkook yelled at Taehyung, not caring about all the stares he’s getting from doing so. “But I’m going to keep looking for Seokjin-hyung. Go try to convince the police if you want to but trust me, they won’t do anything. And even if it reaches 24 hours, they’re not going to put effort in looking for hyung!” Those imps don’t give a about a missing human.

“But Jungk—“

He dropped the call and pocketed the phone, ignoring the vibrations probably coming from Taehyung calling him.  He decided to go to the backstreets to search for his hyung. It was getting darker and a possibility of seeing a demon was high but he couldn’t care less. If his hyung is here, he needs to come and protect him for this place are where some demons lurk in. Especially at night when the place becomes a perfect place to kill with less chance of being noticed.


“Come on Jungkook! Do this for hyung atleast?” 19-year old Seokjin pouted as he begged young Jungkook. The fiftheen year old boy was flustered by his hyung’s request and he kept shaking his head to the point that the older was worried that the boy’s head might come off.

After realizing that there’s no way to get Jungkook to agree, Seokjin sighed and gave up. “Okay, if you don’t want to then I won’t force you.” But when he saw Jungkook looking guilty, he smiled and patted the boy’s head, “You have a really nice voice. I don’t get why you’re so shy with it. But don’t worry, hyung will just wait for another chance to listen to you sing.”

 


Jungkook blinked as he suddenly remembered a scene from the past. That was a few weeks after he had met Seokjin and he was still awkward with him. He still haven’t discovered his feelings for his hyung at that time.  

Why am I remembering that at a time like this?

Jungkook stopped when he reached a dead end. He panted slightly, realizing how exhausted he was and that he hadn’t ate anything for lunch and only had a coffee for breakfast due to Shin pestering him to at least consume something. Which lead him to think for a moment on how Shin was faring along with Jimin and the others.

Jungkook took two steps backwards before he turned around and started running again. Maybe he could find his hyung on the other direction. There was another end to this alley, maybe his hyung could be found on the way there, hopefully, just fine.


Time passed by, Jungkook and Seokjin grew closer with each other. It was at the age of sixteen that Jungkook realizes his feelings for his hyung. It got weird there as he would stutter and blush around his hyung. He was often mistaken to be sick but he would brush it off. It was scary at first to think that he was in love. He had a few crushes here and there and they’d disappear after a while but he felt something more with his hyung and it was scary.

But as he grew, he became accustomed to the feelings he had with his hyung and he learned to embrace it. Suddenly, it became his newfound inspiration that lead him to come out of his shy shell. That was when he suddenly had fangirls (and a few fanboys) here and there.

It didn’t bother him one bit because he only had eyes for one person.

By the time he became seventeen, he had completely transformed. The description of him being the cute, shy and innocent maknae suddenly changed into a hot and y young man.  And if Jungkook was to be honest, it boosted his ego. That was when Jungkook decided to make subtle advances towards his hyung if he finds a chance.

Unfortunately for him, his hyung is thicker than his book in Biology.

However, one time his hyung came to him and asked him the same request he had back when he was still fifteen. This time, he was more than happy to oblige. But it made him nervous when his hyung suddenly took out a cute pink flip phone and told him that he wanted to record his singing.

Ever since then, it became his hyung’s ringtone when it was Jungkook who called. And after getting convinced by Seokjin, which didn’t take too long, it also became his ringtone only whenever Seokjin called.

Though it felt weird hearing your own voice as your ringtone though.  


Where are these flashbacks coming from?

Jungkook thought as he ran faster, his heart synchronizing with the steps he’s taking. It was getting darker and the others have completely stopped trying to contact him as his phone was completely still and silent.

Jungkook turned around a corner and stopped in his tracks. What he saw was an awfully familiar scene.

There’s nothing new to it when Jungkook sees a body lying lifeless, bathing in blood. On usual days, he’d scoff at it. In these scenarios, he’d leave it be as he looks for another victim. In normal circumstances, he would’ve lost interest to it.

After all, what’s so interesting about a dead body where you could gain nothing from it?

However this was not the usual days and this wasn’t the normal circumstances, because right in front of him clearly wasn’t just a dead body where he could gain nothing from.

“H-hyung?” Jungkook stuttered out as he stared wide-eyed at the scene in front of him. He moves forward, feet trembling before he dashes too quickly, leaving him dizzy yet he couldn’t care at all. He dives as he holds the body too tight, ignoring the fact that he was now bathing in blood.

No! No! No! Don’t do this to me!

“S-seokjin-hyung?” Jungkook shook the still body on his arms, in denial of the situation. “Wake up, hyung! Hyung! P-please.” He sobs, “Don’t do this to me. Say something hyung.”

Silence.

Jungkook hugs the cold body tighter, closer to him and he sobs harder.

It’s been a long day

Without you, my friend

Jungkook stopped sobbing when he heard a muffled voice.

And I’ll tell you all about it

When I see you again

It took him a moment to realize that his phone was vibrating. He pulled away hesitantly, eyes wide and hands shaking as he realized something.

We’ve come a long way

From where we began

That song. That voice. That ringtone only meant one person. With his hands shaking, he slowly pulled out his phone and his breath hitched when he saw who the call was from.

Oh, I’ll tell you all about it

When I see you agai—

“H-hello?” his voice quivered when he spoke. His breath hitched when a familiar voice answered, there’s not mistake that it was him.

“Jungkook? Where are you?” he hesitantly looked at the the still body in his arms. There was no mistake that the voice belonged to him, was he just hallucinating these? It felt too real. “Your hyung, Shin-hyung, right? He’s worried about you since you won’t reply all to the others calling. Where are you? Do you want me to pick you up?”

“S-Seokjin-hyung?”  Jungkook’s tears had dried on his cheeks by now and the blood the sipped through his clothes were probably going to stain permanently but he didn’t care. “Is this really you?”

“The one and only, Kookie. Are you okay?” he heard a sigh from the other line and there was no mistake. No one could have such a kind and endearing voice, “Why don’t you tell me where you are right now and I’ll pick you up. You can eat with me here, the others are here too by the way. I heard that you haven’t ate lunch. Aigoo you shouldn’t do that! I cooked something.”

“H-hyung? W-where have you been?”

“Where have I been? Well, I’ve been at home all day silly. I don’t really know why you and the others were making a fuss.”

“But—“

“Enough talk. Where are you right now?” Jungkook could hear the sound of the car door closing an the engine starting on the other line, “I’ll pick you up.”

“I-I’m at the park hyung.” Jungkook lied.

“The park? Which one?”

“Neungdong-ro”

“That’s quite far. Just wait for me, okay? Goodbye.”

And the line went dead.


There's supposed to be more but I'm getting lazy so let's cut it there. I hope you guys enjoyed this chappy tho. By the way, thank you for new subscribers, for the upvotes and comments <3 And for reading, thank you so much <3 

*whispers* I hope you guys like it <3

Jinkook is life <3 (as well as food)