Chapter 3: Lost

A Demon's Heart

"So are you coming?"

"Of course hyung!" Jungkook answered in a heartbeat, a huge grin on his face, "At what time do you want?"

"I'm picking you up in an hour." the voice on the other side sounds relieved before the person asks in a worried tone, "are you sure it's okay? I'm sorry for rushing you—"

"It's completely okay, hyung." Jungkook replied, his grin not leaving his face as he walks fast-paced towards his closet to look for clothes, "I'm actually glad you called." I could spend more time with you.

"But don't you have school tomorrow?" The voice asked before it turned stern, "are you using me as a reason not to do your homework just like last time? Kookie, you know that I—"

"I finished everything, hyung!" Jungkook replied as he was struggling with his pants with one hand, he hopped a bit before he was finally comfortable with the jeans. Jungkook spoke again and hoped that he didn't sound desperate, "besides, I'm free right now and I've got nothing else to do."

A sigh came from the other line before a soft voice came, "thank you so much, Kookie." He heard a soft laugh, "you don't know how thankful I am."

"Anytime, hyung." he smiled as he zipped his pants, "anytime."

"Well then! I'll pick you up at four-thirty!"his hyung said cheerfully, "is that enough?"

Jungkook glanced at the clock as he wiggled out of his shirt: 3:49 P.M and he replied, "yep. More than enough."

"Alright then. I'll see you later."

"See you, hyung."

And then the call ended.

Jungkook sighed as he threw his phone on the bed and proceeded to change into a plain white shirt. He took the same brown shoes he wore that weekend to the amusement park. When Jungkook was done with his clothes, he looked towards his opened backpack.

Well, he actually lied to his hyung. He actually had two assignments due tomorrow.

Why would they give assignments during Mondays?, Jungkook groaned at the thought, But it doesn't matter anyway. I'd gladly choose spending time with Seokjin-hyung rather than those papers. Besides, I could just work it in the morning or in between subjects.

Jungkook stood up and walked towards his drawer, taking cologne because he had to make sure that he'd smell good especially when he's with Seokjin. Facing the mirror, Jungkook fixed his bangs before he took his black earphones and wallet. He looked around for his phone and then remembered that he threw it on the bed.

Grabbing his phone, he dashed outside his room and went downstairs. Shin looked up from his laptop and raised an eyebrow at Jungkook, "where do you think you're going, young man? What did I tell you about going out on weekdays?"

"Come on, hyung! I have nothing to do today." Jungkook groaned as he lied again, "So it should be okay for me to go out. Please?"

"Don't lie to me, Kookie. You're not doing well in your Physics, now go up stairs."

"I'm doing fine hyung! Trust me." Jungkook gave a grin to his hyung, "I'm doing good so just—"

"What occurs when the angle of incidence of a light ray is greater than the critical angle?" Shin asked, raising his eyebrow, "if you can't answer that then you're not going out."

, Jungkook cursed mentally as he opened his cellphone, what did the professor say about that again? Damn I can't remember.

"Kookie, close that phone of yours." Shin said, while still typing on his laptop, "I know that you're checking on Google, don't you dare cheat on me."

I got caught! Jungkook exclaimed mentally, seriously hyung!?

"That's it." Shin closed his laptop and glared at Jungkook, "Go upstairs and read your textbook."

"But hyung, I already agreed to go out today!" Jungkook exclaimed, "Please? I promise to obey you for the whole week."

"I swear you won't do that promise. Now, go back to your room."

"Please?"

"Answer my question first!" Shin glared, "What occurs when the angle of incidence of a light ray is greater than the critical angle?"

"Hyung, I—"

A knock on the door came. Jungkook practically ran towards the door and opened it, he grinned widely when he saw Seokjin smiling at him.

"Ah! Jungkook, I—"

Jungkook cuts him off by turning him around and pushing him forwards, "Hyung! You're here!" The younger laughs before waving at Shin, he gave him a triumphant smile and closes the door on him before he could say anything. , I am so grounded. Jungkook turned to see a confused Seokjin. But it will be so worth it.

"Kookie—"

"No time to waste, hyung!" Jungkook rushed Seokjin towards his car, "Hurry! We have plenty of things to do today!"

Jungkook slightly ran as he dragged his confused hyung with him towards the car. Seokjin was confused when he was pushed onto the driver seat and Jungkook immediately buckled his seatbelt, sat beside him and hastily said, "Let's go, hyung!"

Feeling pressured, Seokjin turned the engine on and drove fast until they were at an intersection heading towards the highway, only then did he slow down. He turned to Jungkook and gave him a suspicious stare.

"What was that all about?"

"Nothing, hyung!" Jungkook shook his head, "I just didn't want you to be late for anything."

"Really?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow at Jungkook, "I'm not really in a hurry though."

"The boutique closes at eight, hyung. You might not be able to rent the costume." The younger boy reasoned, "Plus, you still have other things to do like photocopying the scripts, you still have to rush and reserve those props before someone else does, you also have to find those materials so the props committee can work on the backdraft and—"

"I get it, I get it, Kookie. Geez." Seokjin sighed, "it's so stressful! They're passing the tasks to me! I'm just a part of the cast, you know? I shouldn't be doing these."

"Why didn't you just tell them that, hyung?" Jungkook huffed, he hated seeing his hyung stressed out like this. Even though it was cute, he preferred it if his hyung was happy.

"I can't tell them no." Seokjin groaned, "Even though I wished I said so."

You're too kind, hyung. Jungkook's gaze softens as he stares at his hyung stress out about his upcoming theatre play and all the preparations for it.

"But thank you, Kookie." Seokjin turned to smile at Jungkook, who snapped out of his thoughts about his hyung. "I originally planned to ask Yoongi or Namjoon but they had other things to do, same for the others and you're the only one free. I'm not sure I could do all of these alone in just one afternoon, that might even reach night."

"It's not really a it deal hyung." Jungkook beamed at his hyung, "I'm glad to help and I enjoy your company."

"Hyung is glad to hear that, Kookie." Seokjin smiled before he turned and focused on the road, "Thank goodness that you were finished with your work, I really don't want you to fail, you know?"

Jungkook flinched at that. Yeah, because my grades in Physics and Trigonometry are both very great.

"So, what should I do hyung?" Jungkook tried to change the topic to helping Seokjin because he really didn't want to discuss about his grades and of course, he wanted to help his hyung.

"Ah yes! Is it okay if I drop you in a printing shop while I rent the costume? I originally planned to just leave the USB for them to print the script out but I was afraid that an error might happen just like last time where they printed two pages twice but missed out on one and I just had to ask them to reprint again and I almost got late. Geez, what kind of professionals are they?" Seokjin explained while scrunching his face about the bad service and management but since it was the cheapest, he has no choice but to deal with it. "So I was wondering if you could watch over it for me?"

"Sure." Jungkook nodded at his hyung with an amused smile. He just loved to watch and listen to his hyung talk. In fact, he loved anything his hyung does. "Anything else?"

"I'll pick you up afterwards then we'll go to several shops for the other materials. The list of materials to purchase is quite long." Seokjin sighed tiredly, "will you help me carry them?"

"Sure." Jungkook smiles wider at his hyung.

"I'm really sorry, Kookie. I know that you'd really prefer doing something else like be on your phone or something rather than listening to me rant and asking you to do things for me"

"That's not true hyung." Jungkook shakes his head, "I'm very happy to help you."

"Thank you Jungkook." Seokjin flashed a grateful smile at Jungkook before he focused on the road.

"Glad to help, hyung." Jungkook replied and he smiled wider when he saw his hyung smiling.

Silence reigned right after. Jungkook stared outside the window, looking for something interesting, while Seokjin was busy with driving. Feeling awkward with the ringing silence, Seokjin decided to turn on the radio and voices were heard.

Jungkook's ears perked up when he heard the voice mention about serial killings. Seokjin clicked his tongue at the radio news before he decided to switch station and soft music came.

"The serial killings." Seokjin suddenly brought up, "I wonder when the police would find out about the murderer."

"I don't know, hyung." Jungkook said with a serious tone, they'd never find anything about that, humans are way too weak.

"For the past months, dead bodies have been found in alleyways. Then the amusement park we went to days ago had found five dead bodies again." Seokjin shuddered at the thought, "people are being killed and nobody notices until it's too late. There's not much clues about the murderer as well. But it's quite obvious that there's more than one killer. Do you think it's a gang, Kookie?"

"Probably." Jungkook answered briefly. There's more hyung. This city is filled with demons mixing with the human society. I know some of the people up there are demons.

"I hope nobody gets killed again. What did those innocent people do to deserve that?"

They're not innocent hyung. They killed too. They just got killed. It's normal to the weak.

"What confuses me is that why this problem is not solved yet. I'm confused as to how people still come out of the house like this is nothing." Seokjin said worriedly, "like why are they not placing the police to be on guard or something. Like any attempt to avoid these situations. It's like they're ignoring these events."

That's probably because some of the officials are demons. I even doubt that there some police that are the same. It's not impossible. Our kind is blending well with yours, hyung.

"That's also why I wanted to finish these tasks as fast as possible." Seokjin said, "I don't want to take the risk, who knows if someone might attack us at night or something."

"It won't happen hyung." Jungkook replied immediately with a serious tone. I'm not going to let anything happen to you.

"Of course not." Seokjin laughed at Jungkook, trying to lift the mood when he realized that the atmosphere was making both of them uncomfortable, "I will protect my dongsaeng after all!" Seokjin sent a wink at Jungkook who had to look away immediately.

"I doubt that hyung." Jungkook replied hastily with a blush tainting his cheeks as he stared outside of the window.

"Are you implying that I'm not capable of watching over you?" Seokjin said with mock hurt.

"Yes." Jungkook laughed.

"Mean."

Nothing will happen to you hyung. I assure you that.


They finished the tasks in a two hours and a half. Jungkook glanced,at the stack of papers behind them as well as the costumes and materials they bought. He never knew that the script had so many pages! But then again, it was a play that lasted an hour.

"I'm so glad I brought you with me." Seokjin said with a smile, "You're so knowledgable with these things! I actually forgot that you were in the arts club! Why didn't you say so? Your club and my club are working together for this project."

"Well, I, uh.. Forgot, hyung." Jungkook scratched the back of his head but in truth he hadn't attended the club lately and he didn't know that they were working with the theatre arts club. He was just too busy cutting classes with Taehyung and Jimin to spend their time in Taehyung's.

"So are you hungry?" Seokjin asked as he turned the engine on, "Where do you want to eat?"

Jungkook glanced at his watch. It was 7:23 P.M. Shin-hyung is surely going to skin me alive now. He turned to his hyung and told him that he was fine with anything. In the end, they decided for a take-out at McDonalds.

"Are you sure, you're okay with these?" Seokjin raised an eyebrow.

"Yep." Jungkook smiled.

"Well then, I'm going to send you home now." Seokjin shuffled, "it's late."

Jungkook gulped at the mention of going back. , Shin-hyung is going to kill me. He nodded stiffly at Seokjin as the older gave a smile.

The ride back home was silent, minus for Seokjin's humming. The two never said anything during the ride but it wasn't awkward. Jungkook was just content to listening to his hyung's breathing and occasional humming. Jungkook closed his eyes as he was lulled by his hyung's calming presence.

Jungkook loves his hyung and he's aware of it. There was something about his hyung that attracted him. Whether it was his hyung's soft voice, or his gorgeous eyes, or his luscious lips or his personality. Jungkook didn't know. But all he knows is that, he loves his hyung.

Jungkook was disturbed in his thoughts as he felt a sudden wave of bloodlust. He opened his eyes— red and dilated as the familiar smell of demon blood hit his nostrils. His nails grew sharp without him noticing, he was itching to tear flesh apart. He wanted to find the owner of that scent.

He wanted to tear it apart.

Devour it.

He shivered at thought of killing a demon.

He wanted to jump out of his seat and dash towards the scent of blood.

But his hyung was with him.

When Jungkook realized this, he closed his eyes and clenched both his fists as he tried to control himself. He trembled. He shouldn't show his true from in front of his hyung. He didn't want his hyung to know about him. He didn't want his hyung to see his hideous from.

"Kookie, we're here— Kookie?" Seokjin stopped in front of Jungkook's house. A look of worry was plastered on Seokjin's face as he placed a hand on Jungkook's trembling shoulders, "are you okay? Jungkook!"

Jungkook immediately stopped shaking when his hyung touched him. He breathed heavily before he opened his eyes before blinking them again to clear out the tears forming at the sides. He didn't realize that he was crouching until now. He moved from his position to look at his hyung.

Giving him a nervous smile, "I'm okay hyung."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." Jungkook said before he opened the door and hastily went out, "thank you, hyung! See you tomorrow!"

"Hey, wait!" Seokjin called Jungkook. He was worried for the younger, "are you really okay?"

"Yes, I am hyung." Jungkook gave a smile towards his hyung, both of his hands in his pocket as they were still shaking. "I'm just exhausted."

"Oh." A look of guilt replaced the worry on Seokjin's face, "I'm sorry."

"No, it's not your fault hyung." Jungkook smiled, "I'm very happy helping you, hyung."

"Ah, I see." Seokjin gave a smile, but he was still clear that he's worried. And then he handed Jungkook the take-out, "you almost left your food."

"Thanks, hyung." Jungkook smiled at Seokjin as he accepted the take-out. Jungkook waved as he watched his hyung leave. When the car disappeared from his line of sight, he winced. He stumbled on his way back to the front door, the bloodlust was clouding his senses.

When he opened the door, Shin stood from his laptop with a glare and looked like he was more than ready to scold him. But his expression changed when he saw Jungkook's struggling from and then a familiar scent came.

Bloodlust.

Forgetting his plan to scold the younger, Shin rushed to Jungkook's side and placed Jungkook's arm over his shoulders and half-dragged him toward the couch. Damn! Jungkook's bloodlust is so strong that he could feel it.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't tell me you were walking outside like this?" Shin knelt down as he saw Jungkook struggling to breath, trying his best to hold back the demon in him.

"H-hyung, please." Jungkook gritted as was shaking. It hurts when you try to hold back the urges, "I need—"

"You're not going to kill anyone, Jungkook."

Jungkook let out a growl but he held himself back. He won't attack his hyung.

"You're going to learn how to hold back your urges." Shin observed that Jungkook's teeth were growing fangs and his eyes were red. "I'm not going to allow you to kill as you please."

"Please! Just tonight! Let me—"Jungkook begged, tears were coming out of his eyes as both his hands were bleeding from gripping too tight. "Hyung, it hurts!"

Shin looked at Jungkook in pity before he sighed. He stood up and went to the kitchen, he rummaged the cabinets and paused when he found what he was looking for. He took one pill out. He opened the refrigerator to take a bottle of water before he went back to Jungkook.

"Here." Shin gave the pill to Jungkook, "I don't really recommend it to be used often but I'll let you have it now. It's just a pill that would weaken and suppress your urges temporarily. So don't be surprised if you'll feel sleepy afterwards, it will drain your energy."

Jungkook immediately took the pill and bottled water from Shin's hands and hastily gulped it down. Just like Shin said, Jungkook felt weak and his eyelids felt heavy.

"Just sleep."he heard Shin's voice but it felt like he was listening from across a tunnel. But Jungkook didn't attempt to fight back the sleep.


Where am I?

It's black.

I can't see anything.

What's this? A voice? It sounds familiar.

'Kookie!'

This voice. It's kind and warm. I've heard of it somewhere.

'Kookie, please. Please don't do this."

Seokjin-hyung? Why are you here? Huh? Why is hyung crying?

'Kookie'

Where are you going hyung? No, hyung don't leave me!

'Help!'

Hyung! Who's that? No, don't! Don't touch hyung! Hyung is bleeding. Hyung!

'Say goodbye to your Seokjin-hyung'

No! No! Please don't! Who are you? What did I ever do to you? Why are you doing this?

'Kookie...' A cough

Hyung! Hyung please! Don't die!

'I thought you said that you'd protect me?'

Hyung!


Jungkook opened his eyes, sweating profusely. He was confused when he saw the ceiling above him. Where is he?

Seokjin-hyung! Jungkook panicked at the thought and he sat up immediately. He regretted that because a wave of nausea hit him and he felt like vomiting. He squinted his eyes and the room felt like it was spinning.

It took a few moments for Jungkook to realize what was happening. He remembered the events from last night and he felt himself relax when he realized that it was only a dream.

No one is taking his hyung away from him. No one is hurting his hyung. No one is going to kill his hyung. Hyung is alright, Jungkook thinks as he tries to calm his breathing and lie down to ease the headache.

All of a sudden, he felt vibrations from his left leg and it took him a moment to realize that he hadn't changed from last night. He digged into his pocket and took out his cellphone. Look at the caller ID, he lazily answered the call.

"What is it Jimin?"

"What? What do you mean by—"

"No, don't joke with me."

Jungkook stood up immediately, throwing away his blankets and ignoring the sense of vertigo as he hastily opened the door and struggled in his steps as he almost fell on the stairs. But he couldn't care less. The only thing in his mind is Jimin's words. No no no! Plase don't do this to me!

"What do you mean by Seokjin-hyung is missing!?"


So uh, this chapter is rushed. Sorry for any error you'd find in the story. Thanks for reading by the way! I hope you guys like it ;) Thank you for those who upvoted the story, for those who commented and those who subscribed. Thank you so much :) It encouraged me to write more :>

Jinkook is love <3