Linger

COLLECTION OF SKYDRAGON ONESHOT STORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

LINGER

 

 

He wasn’t a very unfaithful person, he was playing around and made fool of her, thinking that she will never leave him, so he went out with other girls—not only one but several times in the past. But its all in the past.

He regreted it when she decided to leave. He was slapped by the incident that made him realized how important she’s to him. That when she’s not around he’s numb, he was living in the dark with no lights.

So he went after her, beg her to come back, gave her every possible promises he could make, just to have her back. Its not only love he feels about her, he needs her, she’s the air for him, he needs her to breath.

After days of begging and begging, she finally agree to gave him one more chance.

 

“I was happy when Chae finally agree to accept me back, I know I’ve been a fool for playing with fire… you know since then I changed, I never playing around anymore, I always being faithful, but… I should’ve known, she might had her feeling changed towards me, our relationship is never the same.” Jiyong sighed.

Youngbae sip his drink while listening to his friend whining, “well, its hard to fill in the hole in a wood after you brutally putting nails on it.”

“I know but can’t you see I changed?”

“I see it, Ji… but you must understand that its not easy for her.”

“Its been a year after we made up, and I feel like her heart is not here anymore.” He took another heavy sigh.

Youngbae knew what he meant, Chaerin never back to the same person as before. She was hurt too much to love him fully. Worse is she’s being ignorant, she’s seeing her friends more than she see Jiyong, and she doesn’t limit herself from having male friends and go out with her. She’s not cheating on him, she just don’t care about the relationship anymore.

“Why don’t you give it up?” Youngbae asked.

“No way… I guess this is better than losing her fully.” Jiyong raised from the couch and took his car key. “I’m going, bye.”

Youngae nods, he knew Jiyong regret it all but maybe he was a little too late, Chaerin was already fed up, she was already had enough with his behavior.

 

Jiyong pressed number eight on his speed dial, his favorite number contains number of his favorite person, his girlfriend, Lee Chaerin.

She didn’t pick up.

He pressed the number again.

“Hey.” A voice answered.

“Babe, where are you?”

“Lunch with Dara, where are you?” she asked back.

“On my way from Youngbae’s place, you want me to pick you up?”

“Hmm… no thanks, baby, I’d still have appointment after this.”

“With?”

“I’m going to shop some new clothes with Xin and Soo Hyuk oppa.”

“Oh… why don’t you ask me to go with you?”

“I thought you were busy.”

“I’m not… I’m going with you, now tell me where are you.” He said.

“Gosh… baby, I’ll see you tonight!”

Then she hung up.

Jiyong slam his phone to the steerwheel as he actually angry at her. But everytime she did something like this, all he could do is just taking a deep breath and let it go. Jiyong never start a fight with her, he’s avoiding it as much as he can because he’s avoiding the possibility of her sayng those words, break up.

 

Jiyong was in front of his laptop doing some works when his door beeping, and he saw Chaerin entered his flat.

“I’m home.” She said while putting down all her shopping bags.

“Looks like you had fun.” He smiled.

Chaerin walked towards him, took his glass and drink from it, “I found many good stuff.”

“Great.” He slips his hand on her waist and look up, waiting for her to kiss him.

She lean down and gives him a light peck, “I’m gonna take a shower.”

“Can I come?” he asked.

She grunts, “ughh please don’t, I’m tired.”

Jiyong staring at her back. There’s always this uncomfortable feeling in his chest everyday, like wanting to confront her but he knew it would turn bad.

 

Jiyong get into his room where he found Chaerin already sleeping, he sat on the edge of the bed and looking at her.

Few years a go, when they started dating everything is different, Chaerin is the sweetest girl he ever met, she’s the most caring person when it came to everything he needs. Even when Jiyong started to be a jerk, she was always forgive him. She said, “let’s always have a before bed conversation, I wanna know about your day, and I will tell you about my day too.” But then Jiyong started to neglect that promise, he came home late, sometimes drunk, and some other times he didn’t even coming back home.

And now he’s craving for one, one before bed time conversation with her.

“Chae…” he positioned himself beside her.

She didn’t answer, she’s sleeping deeply.

“I went to studio this morning, helping Kush with some music tunes… its been a very long time without touching music and I guess I’m missing it so much… you know, after retired from music since enlistment two years a go, I thought focus on fashion line and art would be enough, but my life is always been music, so maybe I’ll be back as producer. YG also offer me that position in his company, what do you think?” he turned to her. Looking at the peacefully sleeping Chaerin then he smiled, “I know you’d say that, you always support me to be back to music, right?” he caress her hair. “You always support me in everything, babe… I love you.” He kissed her hair. “Good night…” he whispers.

 

The sun rays coming through his window blinds and it wakes him up. Jiyong lazily walks toward the kitchen as he didn’t find Chaerin on bed. He saw her sitting on the kitchen island chair, laughing on the phone.

“I told you that one is better, oppa!” she said, “yeah, maybe we should meet before the filming… right… right…” she realized Jiyong standing before her. “Ok, oppa, you set the time and place… okay, hahaha… okay… bye.”

“Morning.” Jiyong kissed her hair.

“Morning.” She smiles.

“Who was that?” he pointed at the phone.

“Oh, its Lee Dong Wook oppa.”

“Lee Dong Wook?”

“Yeah, remember I was paired with him at beer commecials some years a go?”

Jiyong nodded.

“They called us again and will renew the commercial and the contract.”

“Great…”

“ I know right.”

“But is it necessary to meet outside the filming?” Jiyong asked.

“Of course! We need that chemistry back, baby.”

Jiyong spin her chair and turn her facing him.

“What’s your schedule today?” he asked.

“I need to go to the company.”

“For?”

“I don’t know… manager said he wants to see me.” She shrugged. “Then I’ll go see Bommie, I promise her to accompany her looking for present for her mom’s birthday.”

“I miss you… can’t we have a date today?”

She laughs, “We meet every single day here, oppa.”

“But we barely talk.”

“What you think we’re doing now?”

Jiyong looking inside her eyes, “Let’s go to a movie, having lunch outside… or dinner.”

“Dinner, ok? I’ll see you on dinner time, pick the place! I’ll see you there.” She kissed him on the lips them jump off the chair. “Gotta go now…”

 

“Baby, I’ll be late, I’m so sorry!” she said on the phone while Jiyong already waiting at their favorite restaurant.

“Where are you?”

“I’m on my way but the traffic it horrible.”

“Okay, be careful…”

she came an hour later.

“Sorry…” she sat in front of him, sipping the wine he bought for them.

Jiyong smiled. “Where were you? I saw Bom at Kush’s studio this afternoon, she said she was only with you during lunch.”

“Oh, yeah, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter