The Brightest smile of you

Woogyu One shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa~~!!” I saw one of my students running toward his father and smiled as the little kid jumped onto him. “You are early today!” The kid hugged him tighter while buried his face onto his shoulder. I could see how he missed his father. The little kid lifted up his little head and saw the groceries beside his father and asked in a sulking voice.

 

“You went shopping without me again?”

 

Again. With that word I assumed that they often go to grocery together. Where could his mom be? The question stayed still without any answer in my head. His dad put him down and ruffled his hair messily and laughed.

 

“I don’t want to make my little angel hungry so appa went to buy first.” The little kid was still pouting at his father but he said nothing. “No worries appa bought what you told me this time” The kid’s expression changed quickly and went to the groceries. He tried to lift it up wanting to help his father but it was just too much for him. I turned my head and saw his father was laughing and ruffling his hair again telling him that he would take it.

 

“I’ll become as strong as appa and—“

 

“Mr. Kim!” He turned around and bowed politely to the principle who called him. “Picking up Sungyun?” He nodded his head and asked Sungyun to bow. “Sungyun has been a good boy. All teachers praised him for his kindness. He must take after you” He looked at his son and smiled proudly. I was too occupied with the three of them till I didn’t realize that Sungyun was standing in front of me.

 

“Songsae-nim”

 

“N-ne?”

 

“This is for you” I looked at Sungyun’s small hand with candies inside. “Appa said to eat this when you are sleepy” I blinked my eyes and snapped up when I heard the chuckle. He was covering his mouth and trying to hold his laughter.  “Goodbye Songsae-nim” I was too bewildered with what just happened till forgot to reply Sungyun. Did I look sleepy? I looked at the candies on my hand and smiled.

 

When I first entered the school, I saw Sungyun’s father dropping him to the school. That’s when I heard the parents and teachers talked about him. His name is Kim Sunggyu, he was a single parents. No one knew where his wife was, or did he ever have one. He will always drop Sungyun to school and picked him up. He is around 20s and he…looked too young to be Sungyun’s father…

 

“Mr. Nam, are you?”

 

I looked up and saw Sungyun’s father stood in front of me. I hurriedly stood up and got my head knocked on the table. I pouted when I saw him laughing at me.

 

“Yes? What can I do for you?” I said while rubbing my head.

 

“Ah—Hmmph” He cleared his throat, stopping himself from laughing. “I have a meeting today and it will end a bit late, so can you please take care of Sungyun till I come to pick him up?” I blinked my eyes and looked at him with why must be me?

 

“Sungyun looks more comfortable with you than the other teachers” My eyes widened as he said that. “So, can you?” He asked one more time. I nodded my head furiously. He smiled, “Good! Then I will see you again later.”

 

As the class over and time passed by, now only left some people in the school. I was here with Sungyun in my office. He was a very rare child that I ever met. He didn’t rebel or cry even his dad came to pick him up this late.

 

“Sungyun ah?” He looked up to me. “Are you hungry?” He shook his head. “Appa said to eat out tonight.” I looked at the kid and felt pity. It was already 7 yet his father hasn’t shown up yet.

 

“Mr. Nam, the school gate will close soon”

 

I saw the security ajhussi and nodded my head. I packed Sungyun’s bag and took him out from the school. Where could his father be? How could he leave his son like this? He is so irresponsible! I walked out while mumbling that.

 

We sat at the nearest park and waiting for Sungyun’s dad to come but there is no sign of him coming. I even texted him that we were out from school and now we were in the nearby park. I tried to call him but all calling got into mailbox.

 

I turned my head and saw Sungyun’s was sleeping with his head down. I sighed and lifted him up. The kid will catch cold if he stays here longer so I decided to bring him to my house. I tugged the little kid on my bed and covered him with blanket.

 

I sat in the living room while trying to call his father again but still went into mail box. I sighed and put aside my phone. That bastard, what so good of him as a father. Those gossips, hah! I shouldn’t believe it. I cursed under my breath.

 

I closed my ears as there was a loud banging on the door. I wondered who kept on banging the door and tried to ignore it but— “Nam Woohyun! Ya! Nam Woohyun! Open the damn door!” as the voice was getting clear onto my ears I shot up and rushed to the door. “What take you so long to open the door!” I blinked my eyes and moved aside. He was sweating, must be from running. I followed him from the back and got shocked when he walked straight to my bedroom. “How could—!!“

 

“Thanks for taking care of Sungyun” He put Sungyun carefully into his arm and walked out from the house. I looked at him dumbfounded and was about to chase him to scold him but he was nowhere to be seen anymore.

 

“Sungyun ah, you are waiting for your appa?” He looked up with wide smile and nodded. The kid was just too innocent. I patted his head and sat beside him, waiting together with him.

 

“For you” He took out his hand and smiled. I took it gladly and popped one candies into my mouth. “Appa said he will come early to make up for yesterday”

 

“Were you angry with appa yesterday?” He shook his head. I was amazed with how mature this kid was. How could 8 years old kid being this mature with his father being like that?

 

“There is only me and appa at home, and I know appa have to work hard for both of us. Sungyun is happy just being with appa” He smiled widely while telling me that. “Appa is the best appa I ever have” He raised up both of his thumbs to the front. I laughed and saw his father walked toward him with proud smile.

 

“What?” He mouthed to his son.

 

“Best appa!”

 

“What? What is best appa? You talked behind me, didn’t you?” The little kid nodded his head sheepishly and jumped for a hug. Sunggyu accepted it and brought him up. He turned to me and smiled, thanking me for what I had done for him yesterday. I actually wanted to scold him but I swallowed all of that and smiled replying him.

 

He had his own hard time.

 

“You have done with your duty, haven’t you?” His words were straightforward which startled me. “If you don’t mind, I would like to treat you for a dinner, to thank you for yesterday” I wanted to reject it but Sungyun looked at me with excitement in his eyes. I nodded my head and asked him to wait for a moment.

 

We got into his car and after 30 minutes of ride we arrived at… a house? I thought we are going to eat outside. I looked at him with that face. He chuckled and walked ahead of me.

 

“Appa said he will cook today” Sungyun whispered into my ears when we arrived at his house. He asked me to make myself home but, I couldn’t. This house is way too uncomfortable for me.

 

“My parents used to be a successful businessman. They passed away 4 years ago. This house was from them.” He said while ruffling Sungyun’s head when he walked passing him. “Go shower!” Sungyun nodded his head and ran to the washroom which I had no idea where was it.

 

“As you can see, there is only Sungyun and me in here, so please be comfortable.” I nodded my head trying to make myself comfortable but I failed to do so.

 

“That kid, he said he liked you.” He said while pointing to Sungyun who was in the washroom. Eung? Sungyun liked me? From all the teachers in the school, he liked me? “Yes. It’s you. He said he likes you from all of the teachers. It’s amazed me because—…anyway, I will start cooking now so can you help Sungyun in the room” I nodded my head but I had no idea which room he was right now.

 

“Second room from the corner. In front of his room there was a hanger which written down his name.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter