005

The Liar Game

Previous chapter

‘$10 million?!’ Suzy thought as she look around the set, thinking how can a program be that generous to give a total of $10 million to the winner.

“That’s fine. There’s the audience voting results and even if she’s chosen, she has the right to contemplate her participation until the next recording. Our Suzy-ssi has more than enough time. In order for her to walk away with the prize, she must deceive and be suspicious. Would it be good for her to participate in the Liar Game, or would it be better to give up like she just mentioned? We’ll conduct an internet vote for viewer opinion please.” As soon as Choi Seunghyun finished saying that, smokes blast out from the stage, follow by the audience’s clapping and cheering.

 

“Let’s wrap up now! Please move these over there please, you two ” Sandara PD orders the crew as Suzy approaches her from behind. Suzy sighs before she walks nearer to Dara.

“Excuse me, I want to say something” Dara PD faces her while crossing her arms.

“Sure”

“Um.. Actually, I was momentarily greedy when I saw the bag, that’s why I took it home. Please don’t air the portion I was on.”

“*scoffs* Bae Suzy-ssi, you’re really a good person now that I meet you. But you’re really bad at math. The pay to appear on this show is quite high even without the prize money. The money you’ll make working several part-time jobs for months, you’ll make it in one recording. You may not be able to pay off your debt, but you shouldn’t increase it, right?”

“Thank you for your concern, but I won’t be on even if I get picked. I don’t want to take money for deceiving someone.”

“What about deception? Are you sure you’re not afraid to lose?” Dara PD take a step closer and continue

“I don’t like to compete. You live your life with a goody two-shoes cosplay, no wonder you live the way you do” Dara smirks at Suzy before walking away. But then Suzy stops her

“You have every right to say that to me at this moment. You’re young, pretty and capable, of course you make a lot more money than I do. But don’t think that it’s because you did your best and I didn’t. The world you live in, was just a whole lot kinder to you than my world was to me.” After saying that, she walks away, leaving Dara standing in the studio.

As she walks out the studio while saying “You’re crazy Bae Suzy!”, she sees a familiar ahjussi being escorted to the upper floor by a Liar Game crew. She quickly shakes it off as she can’t remember who.


(At a café)

“Please enjoy” Jieun says after serving the customer’s order.  stands beside Suzy and looks at the monitor in front of Suzy.

 “Hm? Did I do that right? $5 is missing.” Jieun looks at Suzy who is in a deep thought

“Oh.. Really?” Jieun looks at her, “ ‘Oh.. Really?’ Yah, we’re losing an hour’s wage.” Suzy sighs as she talks about her thoughts out loud “$5 an hour, how long do I have to work to make $500K?”

“What? Hey” Jieun wave her hand in front of Suzy’s face and shakes both of her hands to wake her up from her thoughts.

“Huh?”

“What’s in your head? What are you babbling about?” Suzy rubs her neck as she snap into the reality.

“uh right.. $5.. $5!” Both of them start to look for the money.

“Did we drop it? It shouldn’t be missing.” They starts to panic when suddenly..

“I found $5 here.” An old man says to both of them while handing a $5 bill.

“Thank you” Suzy thanks him and take the money from the old man. She take a look at his face and a surprise look take over her original expression.

“TEACHER?”



Yo Guys,. I finally updated my 5th chapter! It's kinda short (hope you don"t mind. Anyway, hope you enjoy the story and please do give a lot of comments :)