004

The Liar Game

Previous chapter

“I welcome you to the Liar Game” as he looks up, revealing his face that was hid behind his hat. Suzy widen her eyes as the ‘police’ take off his hat, revealing his face and extend his hand, wanting to shake her hands. Suzy didn’t react as she’s still taken aback by the situation, she finally realize what happened when the ‘police’ who is revealed to be Choi Seunghyun, give her a sign to shake his extended hand. When she finally shakes his hand, Choi Seunghyun give a sign for the hidden camera crew to come out. A bunch of crew come out from their place and immediately surround the three of them with camera. Suzy can only look around them with a confuse face.

 

(At Dong Bu Police Station)

A man, wearing a dark green over his plain white tee is seated in front Professor Lee who is calmly sipping his coffee. The man look around and realize that they’re alone, he then look back at Professor Lee. Professor Lee look up and begin to observe the man in front of him.

‘*looks at the man’s hair* Hair loss from stress. *looks at his eyes** Sleep depravation. *looks at his mouth* Chronic itch. Desk job. He could’ve been laid off recently. *looks at the man’s hand as he touch his left hand* Obsessive personality and right handed. Fold mark around his sleeves.. Hm?’

Before he can continue his observation, the man cut him off.

“Who.. are you?” Professor Lee look straight at him and look at his own clothes, realizing that he’s still wearing his prisoner’s uniform.

“Am I dressed funny?” Professor Lee stand up from his seat and continue “Don’t worry. I owe a favor to the detective, I’m here to help him. More than that.. I heard you said you have nothing to do with the incident, you even passed the lie detector.”

“Why are you detaining an innocent person, huh? Haha, kidnap? You guys are making a huge mistake, you know?”

“I think so, too. So, I’m about to change the method.” Right after Professor Lee said that, he raises his cup of coffee and pour it at the man. Due to the hotness of the coffee, the man yelps and stand up from his seat while trying to clean of the coffee from his pants.

“Oh no” Professor Lee emotionlessly say as he approaches the man and suddenly pull up the man’s left sleeve, revealing a bite mark located at his forearm. The man quickly slap Professor Lee’s hand away and pulls down his sleeve, before sitting down on his seat. Professor Lee take a chair and seat beside him and say “From the fold mark around your sleeve, you normally pull it up. But you’re wearing it down, hiding your left arm looks suspicious.” Professor Lee forcefully grab the man’s left arm and pull up his sleeve again, revealing the bite mark.

 “Looking at the size of the teeth mark, it’s probably a girl around 7 or 8 years old.” Professor Lee looks at the man who is nervous by his statements and ask “Did you kill the child?” The man looks at Professor Lee before looking around the room nervously, as if he’s scared that someone might hear Professor Lee’s question.

 Professor Lee studies the man’s reaction and says “You’re fearful even though you didn’t kill her. Are you afraid she’ll die and your list of crimes will grow? Are you starting to worry about that?” Professor Lee take the man’s handcuffed-hand and smell his left finger tips and bombared the man with tons of questions

 “You taped her up and locked her up in a small space, somewhere there’s not enough air.. a car trunk? The possibility of asphyxiation isn’t entirely out of the question. The car must be near where you got arrested, it must be a stolen car for sure. In a public parking structure basement? What type of car? It must be monotone car, black or maybe gray.. compact SUV? Or SUV? Right?” The man looks at Professor Lee with trembling lips and says “Ugh.. al-alright, I’ll tell you everything.” Professor Lee leans back to his chair as he watches the man surrender.

“What did he do before?” A man ask the detective, both of them have been watching Professor Lee and the man the whole time. The detective smirks at the question before replying “He’s a human lie detector.”


(At JVN Broadcasting Station)

“I want to introduce you to the thirteenth contestant.” The host, Choi Senghyun, says as Bae Suzy walks in to the studio, welcome by the clapping from the audience. Choi Seunghyun approaches Suzy and guide her to the sofa located at the center of the stage so he can start to interview her. Suzy sits at the sofa as Choi Seunghyun begin to interview on his own seat

“Hello, Suzy-ssi. It’s nice to meet you. Were you quite shocked?”

“I’m still not sure about it. Whether it’s a dream or reality.”

“*laughs* Of course, you are. You made it through an unbelievable chance of making it on this show as a contestant”

Suddenly, the back screen turns on a video where Suzy helps the old lady with her luggage the other day. The video stops as Choi Seunghyun says “That old lady is an actress we hired. Until she met a nice lady like you, Suzy-ssi, no one bothered to help her. If people knew half a million dollars were in that bag, what would’ve happened? Probably everyone would’ve jumped to help creating a chaos. *audience laugh at the host’s statement* When you first found out about the money inside the bag, how did you feel?” Suzy think about the question as she recall the time when she found the money, she doesn’t know how to answer that question. The host sees her reaction and laughs before saying

“ ‘I should take it back to the old lady no matter what’ Is that what you were thinking?”

“Well, that’s… Actually-” Suzy’s about to answer the truth when the host cuts her off.

“There is no way you would’ve waited for her at the same spot for so long. We live in a world where money solves everything. Who else would’ve behaved like Suzy-ssi? But, Suzy-ssi decides to go home after waiting for six hours. Why did you do that?”

“First of all.. I was out of my mind. I didn’t have any bad thoughts”

“Of course not. Such a huge amount of money was in your hands. Late at night, rather than waiting in a dangerous open space, you thought it’s best to take it to your safe home and as soon as the suns comes up, you wanted to take it to the police station. Is that right?” Choi Seunghyun asks as he walks to the sofa she was sitting on. Suzy nods at this question before answering “Y-Yes”

“Among 50 million people in South Korea, only 50 people passed this test to be on this show.” The back screen shows the pictures of 50 participants that passed the test. The host continue, “Through a previous audience vote, 10 people were disqualified and only 40 people have made it to the show.”

Suzy then asks the host “This isn’t the end?” The host laughs at the question and sits at his seat before he replies “Suzy-ssi, this isn’t the end. But this is the beginning.*Suzy looks at the host* If you’re included as one of 40 finalist, you’ll get to play the Liar Game. First round is for half a million dollars. The rule is simple, deceive the other person to win that suitcase with half million dollars in it. Forget your conscience, everyone is here to deceive one another.”

Suzy looks at the floor worryingly, think about the first game. The host notice and asks “What’s wrong, Suzy-ssi?”

“Well.. I’m not confident. Deceiving people and all..”

“Are you saying you may not participate?”

“I’m not smart enough to deceive anyone.” The host grins after hearing her answer

“Of course, Bae Suzy has a side to her that’s different than others.” The host remarks as the audience laugh at her. The host then continues “Being able to let go of a chance at a final prize of $10 million. That’s not meant just for anyone.”

‘$10 million?!’ Suzy thought as she look around the set, thinking how can a program be that generous to give a total of $10 million to the winner.

“That’s fine. There’s the audience voting results and even if she’s chosen, she has the right to contemplate her participation until the next recording. Our Suzy-ssi has more than enough time. In order for her to walk away with the prize, she must deceive and be suspicious. Would it be good for her to participate in the Liar Game, or would it be better to give up like she just mentioned? We’ll conduct an internet vote for viewer opinion please.” As soon as Choi Seunghyun finished saying that, smokes blast out from the stage, follow by the audience’s clapping and cheering.



BAAMM! New chapter is up! Finally found a spare time to post this (this chapter was made after updatin chapter 3 btw). And I dunno when can I update the next chapter (i'm typing it now) because of my first term exam in like, 2 days. So I might update it after my exam. (caution : random things below)

Happy Black Friday guys! I'm in a good mood today because the show I'm helding today with my friends is a big success (even tho there are some errors, lol). Me and my friends planned the show since September and I manage to recruit some of my friends to do a dance cover of BTS's Dope, and Bigbang's Bang Bang Bang (lol). The dances are enjoyable and I don't care if my muscle will turn sore tomorrow, lol.

Anyway, here's chapter 4 and hope you readers enjoy it and please do comments^^