003

The Liar Game

Previous chapter

“Hey, why did you bring that luggage with you? You didn’t even report it as lost & found.”

“Well, I had to work. I have to go work now.”

“What’s inside the luggage?”

“Not sure”

The creditor sense something strange and look at her way and ask (in a creepy way) “Is it money?” and Suzy immediately froze in her spot.

 

‘1..2..3!’ Suzy counts in her head and immediately run away while dragging the heavy luggage. The creditor immediately chase after her while keep calling her name, trying to stop her from running away with the luggage.

“Yah! Bae Suzy! AH!” the creditor scream in pain because Suzy slam the door right when he stretches his arm to reach her. Suzy didn’t care that much as her main focus is to bring the money to the police station without getting caught by the creditor.

“Yah, Bae Suzy. Wait for me, Suzy-ah. Yah! Where are you going?!” the creditor keeps chasing her. Luckily for Suzy (unluckily for the creditor), a taxi happens to drive past and Suzy immediately boards the taxi. Due to the heavy-weighted luggage, Suzy had a hard time carrying the luggage to the taxi and because of that, the creditor manage to grab her through the window.

“*to the taxi driver*Take me to the police station please, ahjussi.”

“*grabs Suzy through the window* Yah, Suzy-ah. How much money is in that bag?” Suzy continue to ignore the creditor and force the taxi driver to drive. Suzy grab a bunch of money from the luggage and tell the taxi driver that it’ll be his if he take her to the police station. The taxi driver starts the car while the creditor still bugging her from the window, Suzy bites on to the creditor’s hand and he immediately wince in pain. Too busy dealing with the pain, Suzy take the chance and shove him away from the taxi and the taxi drive away.

The creditor chase after the taxi using his car. As he approaches the car, he winds down the window and speak to Suzy who is in the passenger seat.

“Yah! Do you know what happens if you take it to the police? You’ll get arrested for stealing evidence! The minute you walk in with that, you’re condemned as a criminal. Got that?”

“*talks to the taxi driver* Ahjussi, look ahead and drive.”

“Hey! Stop! I’m telling you, that’s dirty money. Even if you report it, the owner won’t get it back.”

“It’s none of your business!”

“What do you mean?(a/n : am I the only one who sings ‘what do you mean’ while reading that?) I- I’m Park Jinyoung!!”

“Don’t you dare follow me! *to the driver* Ahjussi, step on it. Hurry!” And the taxi drive away from Park Jinyoung’s car.


(At a prison)

“Aish, goodness, ugh.” Grunts a prisoner as he walks in his cell. In that prison, there’s a lone man who’s reading by himself, wearing his ‘114’ coded uniform. The odd thing is, he is reading it upside down.

“Professor Lee” someone calls him, and he calmly close his book and look through the window at the cell’s door while a detective is standing there, waiting for him.


(At the outside of a police station)

The taxi stops in front of a police station and Park Jinyoung’car stops too. Suzy come out from the taxi while carrying the luggage and drags it to the police station. “Yah Bae Suzy!” Park Jinyoung yells while he’s getting off from his car. “It must be a lot of money in that bag. She’s crazy, she’s totally crazy. Yah! Bae Suzy! This isn’t it.” He chases after her and manage to grab the luggage, stopping her from entering the police station.

“Bae Suzy! This isn’t right.”

“Let go!”

“I won’t! Pay off your debts first if you want to restore your conscience.”

“Let go right now or I’ll call the police!”

“You want the money honestly. Isn’t that why you dragged it to your house?”

“That’s right. I wanted it, too. It felt great to sleep on top of a pile of money.”

“There you go. What’s there to worry about? Turn around and go home. Pay off that gross debt! Pay rent, tuition, pretty clothes. Get a brand name bag, too! And sleep on top of this pile every night. What’s your problem?”

“How can I? Would I sleep soundly that way? That old lady and her family, they’ll go in debt because of me and lose everything in their house. Their daughter will have to give up her dream like me, live like pouring water into a broken jar, having numerous part-time jobs that pay $5 an hour isn’t enough. How can I do that if I think of someone like you bothering me constantly?” Surprised with the last sentence, Park Jinyoung loosen his grip on the bag and Suzy immediately pull the bag, making her way to the police station.

Suddenly.. *kring kring* the sound came from the luggage.

“Wait.” Park Jinyoung approaches Suzy and open the front part of the bag. There’s a phone ringing inside the bag. Park Jinyoung take out the phone and Suzy immediately grabs it and swipe the phone, answering it.

“Hello?”

“Bae Suzy, there’s a reality show where you can win up to 10 million dollars. You’ve been chosen as a contestant for the show, Liar Game.”

“What is this?” Park Jinyoung says as he took the phone and tap on it, continuing the message in speaker mode.

“If you want that half a million dollars in your hands, press 1. If you don’t want to, just hang up.” Park Jinyoung presses 1, indicating that ‘Suzy’ want to have that half a million dollars. Suzy, who is shock by his actions, grab the phone and try to talk to the operator “Hello? Hello? I pressed the wrong button just now. Hello?”

Suddenly, a police approaches them and ask “What’s going on? Is he *points to Park Jinyoung* causing you trouble?” Suzy panics as she look at Park Jinyoung, then to the police. “No. It’s nothing.” The police smirked and say “I welcome you to the Liar Game” as he looks up, revealing his face that was hid behind his hat. Suzy widen her eyes as the ‘police’ take off his hat, revealing his face and extend his hand, wanting to shake her hands. Suzy didn’t react as she’s still taken aback by the situation, she finally realize what happened when the ‘police’ who is revealed to be Choi Seunghyun, give her a sign to shake his extended hand. When she finally shakes his hand, Choi Seunghyun give a sign for the hidden camera crew to come out. A bunch of crew come out from their place and immediately surround the three of them with camera. Suzy can only look around them with a confuse face.



Finally! I'm sorry for the long wait. I was unable to update as fast as I can because of school. Too many things that I have to finish before my first term exam starts (what the hell? I have just finished my 4-days Try Out exam and now another exam?) School is a total hell for me. Anyway, just ignore my rant. The main thing is I've update! I don't have time to edit the story, so please don't mind if you find any grammar errors/typos. hope you guys enjoy this chapter and please do comment :)