001

The Liar Game

‘Never trust anyone’.

“Never trust anyone” says Professor Lee.

“Never trust… anyone. Why? Because people are made to lie. How many times do we tell and hear lies a day?” asks Professor Lee.

 One of the students answer “three to four times?”

 “According to research, most people come across about 200 lies. Three times in ten minutes.” says Professor Lee.

Some of the students start to whisper to each other as if they can’t believe it.

“You can’t believe it? If the questions I ask apply to you, please be honest and raise your hand”

“ 1st question : I have cheated on exams.” Professor Lee begin to walk around to observe his students until one of them catches his eyes. A plump guy that seems like he’s trying to remember if he had cheated on exams or not.

“Rolling your eyes to the left means you’re trying to remember.” The plump guy look at Professor Lee.

“Your body temperature increases and heartbeat speeds up. It’s your defensive behavior. Nervous?” Professor Lee says and click on his counting device.

“2nd question : I have stolen money before.” Some students raise their hands up as Professor Lee continue to observe his students. He keeps clicking on his counting device as there are some students who are lying.

“Last question : I have a crush on someone in this lecture hall.” None of the students raised their hands up and Professor Lee keep on observing and detecting lies.

He looks at his counting device and say, “With thirty people in this room, within a minute, total of nine lies came up. If I calculate ten minutes per person , three lies. Do you acknowledge this?” Professor Lee asks. The students beamed and amazed by their lecturer.

“So, if we were to include white lies, most people lie more often. So never trust anyone.

Professor Lee took off his spectacles and said “This is what I want to leave with you at my last lecture.” The students are surprise and confused at his statement. He then turn around and put his hands behind his head and said “I’ve killed someone.” Suddenly a group of police barge in to the lecture hall from different doors and arrest Professor Lee, leaving everyone still shock from the incident.

 


 

 1 YEAR LATER

A young beautiful girl wearing a black long-sleeved shirt matched with a pair of ripped jeans and a pair of wedges is rushing through the streets. The girl keep glancing at her wrist watch while waiting for the traffic light to turn red so that she can cross the road. As the traffic light turns red, the young girl begin to cross the road. Suddenly an old lady holding a paper while dragging a luggage stops her and says “Excuse me Miss, I’m bad with directions. How do I get here?” while showing the paper to the young girl. The young girl, who is running late for her work, says “I’m really sorry, but I’m in a hurry right now.’ The old lady looks at her and say “Ah.. Really?” the young girl then give the old lady an apologizing look and say “yes, I’m sorry.” The young girl then walk away, leaving the old lady who is dragging her luggage that seems too heavy. But after walking a few steps, the young girl couldn’t help but to feel sorry for the old lady and decided to help the old lady to find the address. She then chase after the old lady and said “Halmeoni, I’ll help you”

“I thought you were busy.”

“ It’s okay.”

Suddenly, the traffic light turns green again and cars started to move while both of them are stuck in the middle of the zebra cross. “Please be careful” says the young girl to the old lady.

Both of them later arrive at a neighborhood park while the young girl helps the old lady to carry the luggage. “It must be heavy. It’s my fault for not tending to your business” “Oh, no. it’s okay. I think the place it’s around here.” The young girl says, while looking at the paper. “Miss, can you wait for me here? I have to use the restroom.” “Ah, sure. Go ahead.” As the old lady went to the restroom, the young girl keep looking at the address stated in the paper, while massaging her sore legs.

The young girl keep waiting for the old lady, but strangely the old lady never come back. The young girl decided to look for the old lady in the restroom while dragging the luggage but there are no signs of the old lady in the restroom, or anywhere. The young girl then go back to the place where she waited for the old lady while still guarding the old lady’s luggage. Suddenly her phone starts to ring, it’s her best friend, Lee Ji Eun. [Suzy] [Ji Eun]

Eo

Yah, Bae Suzy, you’re too much. Why are you waiting over an hour?”              

She left her bag with me.

It’s probably her clothes and blankets. Just leave it there.

Should I leave it at the police station?

Yah, would she have left it with you if it was valuable in the first place? Why don’t you open it if it bothers you?

Arasso.

Suzy begin to look around her, then look at the old lady’s luggage. She then decided to open the luggage to see the content. Inside the luggage is some clothes that obviously the old lady’s, and some blankets. Suzy then put her hand inside to push aside the clothes and blankets and her eyes widen at the stacks of money buried under those clothes and blankets. Surprised, she immediately zips the luggage and look at her surroundings with wary eyes while hugging the luggage.


(at JVN Broadcasting Station)

A man is wearing a gold color mask that only shows his left eye is sitting on a royal-looking chair as the spotlight shines to him. He opens his eyes and looks at the camera and begins to say his scripted lines.

“Everyone wears a mask. Good, Evil, Compassion, Conscience, Justice.. Names of these masks. From time to time, we mistake those masks to be our real selves. But here, without any exception we take off all those masks.”

“Cue” says the PD and some fire blasts out, the same time as the man points to the main stage, revealing a total of  ₩10million displayed. The man walks to the main stage and walks around the money, accompanied by the audience cheering. He continue with his lines.

“Your true self looking at this money… What would it be?” He moves his hand to his mask, taking it off his face and says “I’m the host of this show. Choi Seunghyun imnida.” The audience starts to cheer again.



THE FIRST CHAPTER'S UP!!!

What do you guys think about the first chapter? Quite confusing? Too draggy? Good or bad? Just comment about your opinion.

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and remember to comment your feedbacks!^^