Chapter 7

Secret Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong Kook was alone in the clinic. He was given a painkiller by the nurse before she went out. He remembered the nurse told him that the medicine can make him drowse, but, it seemed that it was the opposite. He tried to close his eyes, but he opened it after a minute. He even changed his position. But still, he couldn’t sleep. After 10 minutes of struggling, he closed his eyes. He was ready to enter his dreamland when he heard a sound from the door. He wanted to open his eyes but he didn’t. He thought that it was the nurse.

Jihyo was fighting against her inner self if she will open the door or not. She was outside the clinic. When she saw earlier that Go Eun dragged their friends away from the clinic, she thought that maybe she could talk to Jong Kook privately now. She also saw that the nurse went out. After 10 minutes of standing at the front door, she turned the knob producing a ‘click’ sound signaling that the door is open. She peeked before entering the clinic. She looked around hoping that no one was there except of Jong Kook. She let out a sigh, after checking the surroundings. She looked at Jong Kook’s direction. She approached him. Jong Kook’s back was facing the door so, Jihyo couldn’t see if the man was sleeping or not. She inhaled and exhaled for two minutes.

“Are you sleeping?”, Jihyo asked.

Jong Kook was surprised to hear a familiar voice from his behind. He wanted to look at the person, but he decided to just stay still.

Jihyo peeked from his back to know if Jong Kook is really sleeping. She saw that Jong Kook’s eyes were closed and he didn’t budge when she entered. After 10 minutes of silence, she comes up to a conclusion that he is indeed sleeping. She sighed deeply and took the chair beside Jong Kook’s bed.

Jong Kook was now uncomfortable with his position. He wanted to move, but afraid that Jihyo will leave him if he woke up. He couldn’t take it anymore.

‘I’m just going to pretend that I woke up’, he thought. As he was going to move, he suddenly heard her voice again.

“Why did you sleep at this time?”, she cursed under her breath.

‘What now? Is she angry with me because I’m sleeping? Aish, this girl. I’m the patient here.’, he thought.

“Go Eun even helped me to get a chance to talk to you privately but, you are sleeping.”

Jong Kook was shocked of her words. He remained silent and decided to listen to her.

“Whatever, I’ll just tell you now even if you are sleeping. They say that even someone is sleeping; he can still hear the conversation.”, she continued.

‘Yah! That only happens to comatose patients’, he answered back in his mind.

Jihyo took a deep breath before talking.

“Why are you acting like this?”, she asked.

‘Wait! Does she know that I am not sleeping?’, he asked himself.

“Hey! Have you seen Jihyo?”, Gary asked.

The group became silent after hearing Gary’s question. Each of them shook their heads.

“You’re right. I haven’t seen her after the accident.”, Jaesuk agreed.

Eun Hye and Go Eun approached them while carrying the snacks. Haha and Joongki were behind them carrying the drinks.

“What’s wrong?”, Haha asked after sitting beside Go Eun.

“We are just wondering where Jihyo is. She suddenly disappeared after the accident.”, Yeo Jin replied. “I better call her”

“Wait!”, Go Eun and Eun Hye shouted at the same time.

The group looked at them with questioning looks. Kwangsoo spilled his drinks in his shirt after the shout. Suk Jin and Gary choked their foods.

“Jihyo is with Jong Kook now.”, Go Eun replied honestly.

Jaesuk accidently spurt his drinks on Kwangsoo’s face. “WHAT?”, he blurted out after wiping his mouth with his hands.

“Hyung!”, Kwangsoo cried out. Yeo Jin helped him cleaned his face. Kwangsoo turned red and smiled shyly because of Yeo Jin’s actions.

“Yah! Kwangsoo. You looked happy rather than irritated.”, Haha teased.

“Hyung! Can you do it one more time?”, Kwangsoo pleaded which made Yeo Jin laughed as well as the rest of them.

“Go Eun-ah, what do you mean of earlier? Jihyo is with Jong Kook, now?”, Jaesuk asked.

Go Eun nodded.

“Why?”, Jaesuk asked.

 “I’m sorry. Because of me, you hurt your back.”, Jihyo was now facing Jong Kook’s back. She touched his back.

‘It’s not your fault.’, Jong Kook replied in his mind. He felt the touch from his back. He smiled shyly.

“I’m sorry for annoying you. I only did it for my own selfishness.”, she continued while her hands was caressing Jong Kook’s back.

Jong Kook was frozen in his position. His heart was beating fast. The touch from Jihyo made his body shivered.

“I love you”, Jihyo muttered under her breath. It was soft and low but Jong Kook clearly heard what she said.

Jihyo was surprised with what she said. It was not part of her plan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter