Four.

Tell Me, What Is Love?

Another day just started, and Bomi was late to her office. Thank god that she didn’t have any meetings to be attended today or else — she might be criticized by the board director members. Anyway, she was succeed in waking up late — thanks to that guy, Do Kyungsoo actually for making her unable to sleep for the whole night. Like seriously, after that ‘hug’ incident, she couldn’t even kept herself calm as the image of Kyungsoo hugging her always came in her mind. Sighs, did she sounded like a love sick? No, probably not — because she didn’t fall in love with Do Kyungsoo. Well, it’s actually not yet.

“Ugh, stop thinking about the unnecessary things. Stay focus, Yoon Bomi.” She said to herself, trying to gain back her focus. She has tons of files and proposals to be examined. That shouldn’t be a problem to her since she’s already too good in doing these works.

Knock knock.

Bomi glanced up as she heard a knock on her office door. “Come in.” Bomi was too concentrating on her current proposal. It’s such an important proposal, that’s why she didn’t even want to let her focus went off. And she heard footsteps coming, Bomi thought that it was her secretary, Amber but then she’s greeted with another voice —

“Hey, sis.”

It didn’t took any longer for her to finally raise up her face, only to meet the sight of one of the most handsome men who she acknowledged since long time ago. Even until now, she still thought him as the most handsome man in her life, well after her dad of course.

“Yoon Doojoon.” She pronounced that name carelessly without adding any formality, causing her to get a little smack on her head. Bomi winced, acting like as the smack could kill her at anytime. Geez, the eldest Yoon is trying to kill her on their first meeting after a long time. Well, not that long but — she needs to admit that she miss him freaking much. It’s already been two months since Doojoon staying in Japan, and he barely come back because of his hectic schedule.

“Call me that again and I’ll smack you with my golf club.” The man took a seat in front of her working table, a sly smile was plastered upon his lips. Bomi let out an annoyed sigh as she rolled her eyes, continuing her work earlier. God, she almost puke because there’s too many proposals to be checked by her.

“Need help with these?” The man pointed to the piles of colourful files beside the young lady. Bomi narrowed her eyes, she probably knew that they guy is trying to . “I could do it by myself.” She may sounded quite arrogant but that’s who Yoon Bomi is — she never rely on anybody’s help in work. She’s herself is very dedicated and excellent in her current working field. And the guy also acknowledge that.

“When did you arrived, Oppa?” She asked, the sound of pen scribbling against the paper could be heard across the room. She managed to finished 5 files in a minute. How impressive is that?

“Well, to be honest — I just got off from my flight.” Bomi jaw dropped as she heard that. Of course she’s surprised because her brother didn’t even go back to their parents’ house like he always did — but instead, he paid a visit to her during freaking working hours. It’s obviously weird.

“Do you have any business to be settled up here?” Bomi assumed, only manage to earn a shook from her brother. Oh, he didn’t have any businesses. That’s totally weird because as far as she know, her brother is not the type that would stay back at the office when he doesn’t have any businesses to or work to be done. To be honest, he’s quite a home person, totally different from her who’s quite workaholic (sometimes).

“Then, what brings you here? You should just rest at home because I bet that you’re missing home.” A smile crept upon her lips, scribbling her sign on the last file. Oh, finally. She’s totally over with the proposal and now she needs to spare quite of her time on her brother. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. She shifted her gaze towards her brother in front of her. Yoon Doojoon, one of the person who Bomi respects the most in her life, and should she say that — he inspires her a lot. Being announced as the Vice President of Yoon Corporation is such a young age caused him to receive a lot of acknowledgments from the other people in this field. Aw, how absolute.

“Little sis, we need to talk.” Doojoon talked, he sounded serious which makes Bomi felt nervous. She clasped her lips before looking at him once again. True, a serious expression was plastered on his face. Bomi started with the assumption regarding her arranged marriage, “You heard about it?” The elder nodded slightly. Oh, he knows. She really thought that her mom and dad would announce to her other siblings after they came back together. To be honest, she wasn’t ready yet to tell this matter to them — especially to her elder sister, Yoon Bora. She could totally imagine how insane she would react. And she’ll probably argue with their parents to cancel that damn marriage off. Gulp, she’s quite scary. And so is Yoon Doojoon.

“I heard that you agreed.” The serious tone in the elder speech didn’t even fade which makes Bomi felt more nervous. Ugh, she totally didn’t know how to explain to him. It’s weird. She’s the youngest yet, she’s the one who’s going to be married off first.

“I — I have to. They arranged it. I’m the victim and, yes — I couldn’t even fight.” She sounded so helpless. Doojoon let out a little cough before standing up from his seat. “You really gave in quite easily. That’s absolutely not you.” Doojoon’s words did strucked her and yes, he’s indeed right. She could just stood up for herself, yet because of her father’s serious health condition — of course she didn’t have any better idea aside from giving in.

Another sigh escaped the elder’s lips. “Why must it be you? They could just arranged a marriage for me instead.” Bomi kept her head low, she knew that Doojoon would feel guilty about the matter. He would probably blame himself for not being able to protect his little sister.

“Don’t be silly. You’re holding such a big responsibilty in this company. Dad probably doesn’t want you to lose your focus.”

“Yeah, right.” Doojoon trailed off. Bomi let out a sigh, gosh she needs to do something about this. “Oppa.” Doojoon raised his eyebrows upon the call. “Hm?” Bomi clasped her lips, thinking about what she’s having in her mind all over again. Yeah, right. She’s going to do it so that her brother won’t feel worried of her anymore.

“Come with me, okay?” Bomi stood up from her seat, grabbing her blazer along with her clutch — not forgetting the car keys. Doojoon stood up immediately, following the younger girl steps to the door.

“Where are we going, little sis?” The elder couldn’t help but feeling curious of course. They just had a serious conversation and the younger girl seems like as if she wanted to run away from their current discussion. But he knows her better — she probably has her own reason.

“Just wait, Big Brother. Sometimes, I’m just not good with words. That’s why it’s better for you to see it by yourself I guess?” Bomi walked quite faster, she’s quite confident with her decision right now that she couldn’t even restrain herself. She couldn’t wait to see him too. Oh god, what are you thinking Yoon Bomi?

Bomi shook off her head. Nah, it’s only for Doojoon’s sake. Bomi didn’t want her big brother to worry about her anymore because she’s definitely not his old helpless little sister. She’s strong and she wants him to know that. About the marriage — she want to let him at least know that he could put his trust in her arranged partner, because Yoon Bomi trusts him too.


 


“Why are we heading to the hospital?” Doojoon asked curiously as soon as he saw the ‘Seoul National Hospital’ signboard. Bomi just kept quiet as she’s focused on her driving, trying hard to find a parking space. The parking is always full all the time, she starts to wonder if Kyungsoo is having a break right now.

“Oh, wait!” Doojoon suddenly snapped out. “Don’t tell me that we’re going to —” Yes. They’re indeed going to. Bomi nodded her head lightly before skillfully parked her sedan. Phew, luckily there’s an empty parking lot.

“We’re here.” She said, unbuckling her belt. Her brother followed her afterwards even though he still seems like uncovered from his shock yet. He never thought that his little sister would go this far. Anyway, it’s too late for to freak out because they’re already here. Rather than freaking out upon their sudden visit, Doojoon was too busy preparing himself about what to say as soon as he met his so-called-little-brother-in-law.

Bomi took out her cellphone, her fingers scrolled over the screen as she went through her contact lists. As the contact ‘Do Kyungsoo’ appeared she quickly pressed the call button. Gosh. Please tell me that you’re free right now, she hopes. It took quite a while before the call was answered.

“Uh, hello?” Bomi let out a sigh of relief as she heard the guy’s voice from across the line. “Hello, it’s me.” She clasped her lips before continuing, “Are you free right now? I want to meet you now. By the way, I’m already at the hospital.”

“Really?” The guy sounded surprised of course. Bomi really hoped that the latter is free right now because if he’s not, she’s going to be freaking embarrassed of her big brother. “Yes, I’m free right now. I just finished a minor surgery operation by the way, so it’s a perfect time for a break. I’ll be at the cafeteria.” Another sigh of relief escaped her lips as she heard what the guy just said. Thank you, thank you very much Do Kyungsoo for saving my pride.

“So? When are we going to get off?” Doojoon’s voice brought her back to reality. Ah, yes. They should be going right now, Kyungsoo might already be there. It would rude for her to be late since she’s the one who insisted them to meet. Oh wait, she totally forgot to tell Kyungsoo that Doojoon is coming with her. It won’t be a problem right? It was supposed a surprise though. By the way, her big bro seems like already prepared. Ha, aside from the fact that he almost freaked out earlier.


 


Seoul National Hospital, Cafeteria;


The young doctor keep glancing upon his wristwatch as his fingers continuously tapping the surface of the table. For God’s sake, he slightly felt nervous and he didn’t even know why. Seems like something did came up, which probably why Bomi wanted to meet him right now. She’s lucky that he just finished his surgery, or else he wouldn’t be here. Anyway, what kind of thing that Bomi wanted to talk? It sounded important when he heard her serious tone over the phone. Sighs, what ever the matter is — he hoped that it wouldn’t involve any cancellation of their marriage. He had enough. He didn’t want to change his mind again.

Kyungsoo took a sip of his coffee, it probably the thing that he needed the most right now. He hadn’t been home since yesterday because he had a major surgery to be attended last night right after Bomi went home. Damn, that was so close. He couldn’t bear himself if he needed to leave when the lady was still at his house. Nowadays, he’ve been trying to understand women’s hearts more. Especially, Yoon Bomi.

“Sorry, I was late.” A familiar voice interrupted his thoughts. He glanced up, only to meet Bomi who’s still in her corporate outfit. Not too long after that, he saw a guy approaching from her back in his corporate suit. Judging by the current situation, Kyungsoo could make a conclusion that they came together.

“You’re here. Have a seat.” He calmly said as he averted his gaze from Bomi to the other guy. It made him felt quite uncomfortable and confused too with the unknown guy’s appearance. And what’s with the weird look on the guy’s face? But the most important, who is this guy? He seems quite older than his age. He tried to be calm as calm as he could. Bomi took an opposite seat of him, and the other guy took a seat beside her which made both of them were seating in front of him. Okay, now he’s really curious about the guy’s relationship with Bomi.

“Kyungsoo?” Bomi’s voice cut off all his thoughts. The latter slightly shook off his head, and turned to her. “Uh, sorry. Guess that I’m quite tired today. An emergency operation — uh yeah.” He kept stuttering as he’s nervous like heck which he doesn’t even know why. Like seriously, he shouldn’t be nervous right? It’s just a Yoon Bomi and — an unknown man. God, his hands were trembling like crazy. He would considered this as one of the nerve wrecking moment in his life aside from being in the operation room.

“Ahem.” The other guy just cleared off his throat. Bomi signalled the other guy to speak because she probably didn’t know how to start this off. “So, you’re Do Kyungsoo right? Or more specifically, the one who’s going to be my future-brother-in-law?”

As he heard what the other guy just said, he shot a surprised look with his eyes opened wide. Did he just heard ‘future-brother-in-law’ from the guy he just met for the first time? “Y-yes.” Thank god that he managed to answer. Wait, then does it mean that... The guy in front of him right now is Yoon Bomi’s elder brother?

“Oh well, we finally met! Hi, I’m Yoon Doojoon. This little brat’s elder brother of course and the vice president of Yoon Corporation, of course.” Doojoon’s words had caused him to get a little smack on his arm, of course thanks to his little sister.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat once again before continuing, “Nice to meet you, Yoon Doojoon-sshi. Please take a good care of me in the future.” That kind of words were usual for Kyungsoo as he’s already used to be raised in a polite culture. By the way, he needed to admit that Doojoon seems quite having an interest on him. Well, let’s just hope that it’s for good.

“Pssst.” Bomi turned to her brother with only the slow call. Bomi raised an eyebrow, only to find Doojoon holding up his right thumb along with a wink on his right eye. God, her brother better did well in front of Kyungsoo because she couldn’t bear making herself embarrassed because of her elder brother. Thank goodness though since the two seems interacting well. Perhaps, this meeting would make Doojoon felt reassured as she wished. Those two men had some chit-chats which also made Bomi felt quite bored. How couldn’t she when the only thing that Kyungsoo and her brother talked about was business and hospitals. Well, it’s probably because her brother was going to have a project regarding hospital constructions around Gangnam later on.

Since it’s almost 3 P.M Bomi decided to go back as she’s going to have a meeting with some clients from Okinawa. Doojoon felt dejected as he needed to stop his chat with the young doctor. He seems really interested with the guy who’s going to be his future-brother-in-law. God, he’s just so suitable for Bomi.

“I guess that we’ll meet again, Dr. Do.” Doojoon said as he’s standing up from his seat, offering a handshake before they leave. Kyungsoo gladly accepted it, he’s happy too. His break today was spent nicely with new knowledge about business and some information sharing with the other people. He didn’t know that Bomi’s elder brother is a very good and intelligent person.

“Sure, Yoon Doojoon-sshi. Glad that I meet you. Anyway, Kyungsoo is fine. We’ll meet up next time when I dropped at the Yoons for sure.”

“That’s great! I would love to continue our conversation. By the way, next time just call me with ‘Doojoon-hyung’ alright because we’re going to be in-laws after all. I’m relieved that mom and dad chose someone like you to be with this kiddo here.” Doojoon said, playfully patting Bomi’s head. Bomi rolled her eyes as she felt quite annoyed with her brother’s sudden loving attitude. Duh, he’s always like this.

“You could trust me, I’ll take care of her for sure.” Kyungsoo’s eyes gazed at Bomi’s which Bomi too, accidentally gazed at him — oh god, a sudden eye contact in front of her brother. Man, this is awkward.

“I guess.... I’ll see you next time.” Bomi gazed away, brushing off the awkward feelings. Her cheeks felt numb and hot and she couldn’t be as talkative as she always be in front of her brother. Doojoon noticed this as well.

“You haven’t show him, the real you huh?” He thought. Hm, it’s still early after all. These two gonna need time to learn about each other. They only need time.

“Have a safe drive and see you again.” Kyungsoo bid his goodbye to them with full of courtesy. As both of them disappeared from his sight, Kyungsoo had a seat again. He swore that he just went through the most nerve-wrecking moment in his life. Phew, the first meeting with his future-brother-in-law. God, Yoon Bomi is really something and she’s just full of surprises. He’s lucky that Doojoon approved him easily, despite of himself being nervous as hell.

Suddenly he remembered the words that he gave to Doojoon earlier. Ha, it’s so easy for him telling the elder guy that he’s going to take care of Yoon Bomi. Would he be able to? The marriage is going to happen real soon. It’s too late to run away. After all, he didn’t have any plan of running away because a quarter part of his heart said, “This is fated for you.”

He and Yoon Bomi. Fated, huh?

 

Hey lovelies, long time no see huh I guess — OMG I just realized about how long I hadn’t been here /cries/ College have been quite tough and there’s a lot of things to be done AND I’M REALLY SORRY for not updating ;______; At least, I’ve tried my best though and TADAAAAH I finally made an update omg I feel like crying seriously lol. Gues that I should start writing the next chapter too haha wheeeps enjoy!